Looking for Legal Help for Low Income Senior

I have a friend whose Senior Aunt is low income in Warren County. For the Warren County Legal Services the asset limit is $12,000. She is just over the limit by $2,500 and she can't just take the money out of the bank as they will check your Bank accounts activity.
She needs a simple will and to make her Nephew Executor of her Estate.
Any recommendations on a Lawyer in the Hackettstown area that can help her at a fair price?

Mr 4paws

4paws 4paws
Sep '14

For Free...In New Jersey you can handwrite your own will. It is called a Holographic Will. She might decide to get it notarized to keep from any complications.

NEW JERSEY
New Jersey recognizes a Holographic Will as a valid Will, whether or not it is witnessed, if the signature and material provisions are in the handwriting of the testator. (Title 3B Chapter 3 Section 3)

You can try Robert Stiles here in Hackettstown. His number is 908-852-5485 and his address is 121 Mountain Court. I use him and I am very pleased with his services.

Good Luck!!!!

Joe C. Joe C.
Sep '14

You can buy a simple will kit at Staples. Maybe her son or someone else could help her fill it out if necessary.

Lori S. Lori S.
Sep '14

For a simple Will - you can use Legal Zoom. Simple - straight forward - low cost.

Coralie Coralie
Sep '14

Is the Warren County Legal Services the same as Legal Services of North Jersey? They have offices in Morristown and Belvidere.

I used Stiles many years ago for our home purchase. I would not recommed him. Opposing lawyer was very aggresive, and Stiles just backed off like a wimp. Maybe he is better now, but he did not work in our best interest then.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.