Clothing Alterations?

Hi everyone! I am looking for an alteration place where i can have my clothes altered and repaired . Someone who has reasonable rates and has expertise. Thanks.

Mary Ann Mary Ann
Sep '14

The cleaners next to The Pretzel Factory on Mountain Avenue in Hackettstown does alternations. I take things there all the time. I don't know about price comparison to others but I remember my husbands jeans were $10 per pair to hem and I remember my Citiknit dress slacks were $13. The owners wife there does the alternations and she does a beautiful job...

joyful joyful
Sep '14

Am I the only one who first saw "clothing alternatives" when they first read this? It's been a long week.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Sep '14

Thank you.

Mary Ann Mary Ann
Sep '14

There is a seamstress right across the street from Church of the Assumption (St. Mary's School). She has a sign that hangs from her porch "Alterations by (I forgot the name? Christina?). She is reasonable and really really good.

So sorry I glanced at this quickly and thought it said 'Clothing Alterneratives'... LOL
fig leafs anyone?

hktownie hktownie
Sep '14

I recently used the woman inside of Katrina's Bridal and I was pretty happy with the job she did. She only works evening and it's by appt. Pretty sure that her name was Isabel. As for the woman across for Saint Mary's, I did try to use her, but there was never anyone there and I never got a return phone call. Someone suggested that she was possibly on vacation in Poland. I think her name was Marina.

Antimony Antimony
Sep '14

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has the number for the lady across from St. Mary's or any other suggestion for reasonable alterations in the area. Thanks

Elizabeth Elizabeth
Apr '16

Marina is across from St. Mary's her number is 908-813-9536 She is very reasonable and that is where I go.

Sarah is awesome 908-399-2938. Cant live without her. Always accommodationg and reasonably priced. Did my wedding dress, daughter's prom dress, misc alterations/repairs/zippers. Htown.

Really?
Apr '16

Just bumping up to see if anyone has used anyone recently and been pleased with price and job done. Also, looking to have cuffs taken out of a men's suit, pants are a bit too short and we thought taking out the cuffs and getting them hemmed would work. I also have a dress for a wedding that I'm not sure if it could be hemmed properly or not.
Thanks

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

I used Joan Nutto (908-852-7076), a few months ago to alter a bridesmaid dress. She's in Hackettstown. I was very happy with her work and price. Lovely lady.

flower flower
Aug '16

Maria is amazing! Totally redid a wedding dress for my daughter after the alterations lady at the bridal salon made a mess of it.

Geekdad Geekdad
Aug '16

I also highly recommend the seamstress at Katarina's. She helped both my daughters with a wedding gown and a bridesmaid gown on a very timely basis and really helped us out of a bind.

Is Maria (across from St Mary's) still in business? Her sign is gone.

USAfirst USAfirst
Aug '16

Iris, do you know if Katarina's does alterations on mens clothes too, or just womens?

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

Yes she does both; she hemmed my son's suit pants for him.

Marina does a wonderful job. Prices are very reasonable. I have used her many times...from my husband's suits to my wedding dress to everyday clothing. She is hard to get ahold of at times, though.

Living life boldly.. Living life boldly..
Sep '16

We went to Katarinas, the seamstress was very nice, prices were good and work could be done quickly. Thanks Iris, would never have considered her for work on men's clothes.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

looking for alterations for my suit and for my son's (so more of the classic look and also the new look), so bumping this up. looks like a couple years ago it was katarina's first, maria or sarah second. still feel right?

ken e
Jun '18

Returning to this thread. I need to get a zipper on a dress replaced. I tried calling Maria but the number is no longer in service.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Sep '20

I suggest Katrina's on Plane Street. Abit pricey but good work

Bernie Bernie
Sep '20

Agreed Bernie.
Nice people.
Tip top quality.

Stymie Stymie
Sep '20

So Katrina's is good, and we all know the Main Street location, but are Nutto, and Marina still doing alterations.

USAfirst USAfirst
Sep '20

Try calling???

Stymie Stymie
Sep '20

I am looking for a place to alter a bridesmaid dress and a flower girl dress. I called Maria but the number is out of service. Any recent recommendations for someone local who can do the job?

Grizzle Grizzle
Mar '21

Isabel at Katarina’s does a very good job and is reasonable. She did my wedding dress , other misc dresses and even curtains for me.

You call for an appointment. (908) 850-4855.

Brandyb Brandyb
Mar '21

Katrina's, for sure. The seamstress there is incredible!!

I used Joan Nutto as well. Excellent work and great price

great234 great234
Mar '21

Still voting for Katrina’s? Need a dress altered. Need some local referrals from my HL buddies. Thank you.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Sep '22

The seamstress at Katarina’s altered my daughter’s prom dress and did an amazing job! Definitely recommend.

ImOnSaxton ImOnSaxton
Sep '22

Joan Nutto as well!!

GM456 GM456
Sep '22

Thank you, both:-)

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Sep '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Clothing Alterations?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.