Cell phone dead zone near Catswamp Road and Ryan Road

What exactly causes this dead zone? Does it also mess with anyone else's speakers?

Fuji
Aug '14

Not enough towers in the area, and the mountains. There deadzones all over the area.

PuppyDad PuppyDad
Aug '14

I have Verizon Wireless and also notice the lack of cell service in the areas you mentioned.

Yes, there are many dead zones in the County. My whole street is a dead zone. We can send and receive text messages but can't make or receive calls at all. We need to keep a land line because of it. When our land line is out due to storms etc., we need to walk out to the main road to make calls.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

There is a dead zone on Waterloo valley road too, I never understood it, as you drive into it you slowly loose signal, and within 50-100 feet you have no service, drive another 100 feet and you have full signal again, It never made any sense to me how yuo could go from none to full in 200-300 feet

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Once you go up on the ridge past Blairstown AT&T is non existent. At least on my phone.

A good day
Aug '14

Darrin - We actually had Verizon send the "can you hear me now" guys out to our street when we first moved here. They said that although there is a cell tower about 3 miles away the way our street is situated with the mountain and all, the signals get blocked.

There is also a very bad dead zone on Harmony Brass Castle Road near the Montana Mountain area.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

LMAO can you hear me now guys

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

I knew it, Call-ico has to walk through a dead zone to make a call. Zombies: they're everywhere. Call-ico lives in the Walking Dead zone.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Aug '14

I used to have a poor Verizon Wireless signal at my house near the end of Russling Road. I installed a Verizon Wireless Network Extender that acts as a mini cell tower for up to seven phones. A Verizon phone will automatically pick up the network extender when it get close. Works quite well if you have high speed internet available. The box itself looks like a small wireless router. It even has a GPS built in so a 911 call will give your location.

ShouldBeRetired ShouldBeRetired
Aug '14

Darrin- I know exactly where you are talking about. It's wierd though, the calls only drop coming into town. Going out towards Waterloo I don't get the dropped calls.

Can you hear me now Can you hear me now
Aug '14

LMAO you are absolutely RIGHT!!! I thought that was just me!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Supposedly in Canada you and your neighbors can co-pay for either a cell tower or a payphone. I doubt this is available here, though..

LngVly22 LngVly22
Sep '14

ShouldBeRetired,

Where do you get a network extender? How much do they run?

Shady Shady
Sep '14

@Shady - got it at the Verizon Wireless store. Can't remember now what I paid - too long ago. Has always worked great for me but to be fair I have seen negative reviews. There is also criticism of Verizon for selling extenders instead of fixing their network. But I needed a better signal when I moved here so I bought it. Service here is now much better so I don't use it much anymore.

btw - It's made by Samsung and and uses VOIP to Verizon. Probably available from other sources, like Amazon.

ShouldBeRetired ShouldBeRetired
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.