Something Creepy (Muslim hackers message on a site)

I was looking on some plant information websites and when I clicked one on, "We are hackers Muslims" appeared. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this something I should report to police?

happiest girl
Aug '14

do you remember what site that was? That is very strange.

rierie rierie
Aug '14

Police? What is the crime?

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

rierie,
yes, I wrote down the website.
www.homeherbgardenanswers.com/coffee-grounds-for-plants

happiest girl
Aug '14

Its a virus!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '14

I got that same " homeherb something something too just the other day. I blocked the sender and did not open the web site. I thought it might be a virus too.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '14

Which police would you contact? Hackettstown isn't going to do anything. They have no jurisdiction over a website.

darwin darwin
Aug '14

It's not a virus, it's a hacked website. If you really want to get back at someone, you replace the legit site with something "creepy". (what ever that means)

Which police would you contact? Hackettstown isn't going to do anything. They have no jurisdiction over a website.

darwin

Correct Darwin. And what is the crime????

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

@ clyde potts,
Hacking into someone's website is illegal. It is punishable with a 20 year jail sentence.
If you want to look for information and go to a website specifically for that information, and see what I saw -- I think you would be just as disturbed as I was.
Given it's nature, I would think Homeland Security would want to know.

happiest girl
Aug '14

@ clyde potts,
Hacking into someone's website is illegal. It is punishable with a 20 year jail sentence.
If you want to look for information and go to a website specifically for that information, and see what I saw -- I think you would be just as disturbed as I was.
Given it's nature, I would think Homeland Security would want to know.

happiest girl

hap, until GC posted that its a hacked website you had no idea. At first, others said it was a virus. I bet your first thought was of some Terrorist group There are many Terrorist group websites out there, THAT ARE MONITORED by Homeland. But until a crime is committed, they are just that: Monitored.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

@clyde potts,
I don't think you comprehend what you read. I said I clicked on a plant information website and it was hacked by Muslims.
Try reading more carefully next time.

happiest girl
Aug '14

The police won't do anything unless it's your website that got hacked like that.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Aug '14

Turn it into www.fbi.gov

We the people and governemt did not know the UAE and Egypt are bomming Libya. Do you really think they are watching this web site that has you upset? Contact www.fbi.gov and write to the governor of NJ. Trust me, he gets back to you. Tell him how upset you are. He does get back to you. Trust me on this. He has returned every question I have asked.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Aug '14

Perhaps it has something to do with ISIS? Until then, go on Archive.org and you can see what the site looked like before the terrorists hacked it.

LngVly22 LngVly22
Aug '14

Does anyone else think it's funny that everyone seems to believe that "we are hackers Muslims" indicates that the hackers were actual Muslims?

Gadfly Gadfly
Aug '14

@gadfly, I posted a similar inquiry but it hasn't shown up yet, maybe waiting for approval. I did wonder the same thing though.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

Does anyone else think it's funny that everyone seems to believe that "we are hackers Muslims" indicates that the hackers were actual Muslims?

Gadfly

Gad, thats what I am saying.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

ISIS? Really? You think ISIS hacked a home herb garden website? LMAO

darwin darwin
Aug '14

Someone PLEASE hack this site. With all the racism, paranoia, and other garbage on here (maybe even me at times). lol

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

Can anyone get a valium over to Clyde?

happiest girl
Aug '14

I don't think Clyde is the person who needs the Valium. It would interfere with his (demonstrated) critical thinking ability.

Whoever puts the garbage out that passes for news nowadays would be quite pleased that the desired response has been achieved. The mindless masses are so freaked-out about ISIS and the Muslim hordes that they are screaming for the "government" to "do something" to protect them.

They also scream for a massive retaliatory response....with other people's money funding it and other people's family members taking the hits (not to mention all the collateral damage to the poor noncombatants in those countries.) The politically-favored corporation's will gladly supply weapons and supplies...for a price.

To think the police would even care to solve this problem, or that having Homeland Security around to protect us from such "threats" would be a good thing, makes me fear for the future of this nation.

It's bread, circuses and a common enemy all over again.

This crap has worked for centuries and, sadly, still does.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Aug '14

Clyde- I haven't seen much racism, unless the PC police are widening the definition of racism to simply using words. In fact, this is probably one of the cleanest sites for adults on the internet.

LngVly22 LngVly22
Aug '14

JJmonth4..love your post. Thank you.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

jjmonth4,
I understand where you are coming from, however somewhat extreme a response for what this post is referring to. To reiterate, a gardening website was hacked and I was subjected to a radical Islamic site. After doing some research, I discovered tens of thousands of websites have been afflicted.
How would you feel if your child opened a website and was accosted?
I know how I would feel .........sad, and enraged.

happiest girl
Aug '14

Perhaps it was a bit extreme, hg, but implying that Clyde needed to take a Valium seemed pretty extreme, too.

If my child opened a website that said "we are hackers Muslims," I would view it as a teachable moment. The grammar is terrible and the stupidity of the statement is obvious. The fact that it set off a knee-jerk reaction is even more disheartening.

The "internet" is still a reasonably free place, and with freedom comes risk...and responsibility.

I am damned glad that we are not being "protected" by some omnipotent authority.....and damned discouraged that way too many Americans are ignorant jingoists, not even knowing WHY they believe WHAT they believe.....

I'll stop there, since I seem to be going off topic a bit.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Aug '14

I don't think you can compare my 8 words to your 175 word essay ........ but thanks for acknowledging my viewpoint, jj. [anyway, I do think clyde is a little high strung ;-) ]
I wonder if you looked at that website because it was more than the statement "we are hackers Muslims" The "teachable moment" would be much more than a moment, and would be complex in content.
It's unfortunate that we live in such a disturbed world.

happiest girl
Aug '14

I wanna know why every time I start a movie, the Homeland Security symbol comes up.

What terrorist threat are they protecting the movies from? Our movies nail the terrorists almost every episode. It only takes one Stallone against all of ISIS in the movies. Liam Neeson not only kills a couple dozen on every vacation, but he rescues hostages too. Why do they need Homeland Security?

PS: are we paying for that advertisement? Wait, there's someone at the door, be right baaaaaaaaaaack----....____

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Aug '14

Didn't count my words, but I'm beginning to get the point.

I'll bet I didn't change a single point of view out there in HL-land, so I'm putting most of my rants on this forum into the "venting" category.

Oh, wait, there's a thread for that....

I'll leave the long essays to mistergoogle, who is obviously an intelligent person. His essays, which ultimately seem to defend the welfare-warfare facist (our current form of government, IMO) status-quo, don't change my point-of-view in the least.

That being said, when he gives advice on everyday stuff, I pay attention to his thoughts.

It's one of those "sphere of influence" vs. "sphere of concern" things.....and I know I shouldn't put much mental energy into things I can't control.

"Knowing and "doing" are two different things, though ;-)

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Aug '14

happiestgirl..I'm married to Clyde and he is probably the least high-strung person you could ever meet. I'm sure there are a few here that have met him and can attest to that..unless of course, where sports are concerned.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

Well my apologies then, Bessie. His style of writing gave me that false impression.
I'll be sure to stay away from any sports topic in that case ......
:-)

happiest girl
Aug '14

He will be your best friend if you like the same team, if you don't, that's a whole other story.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '14

jjmonth

i like your posts, keep them coming, the two choice paradigm that demands cult like adherence while demonizing the 'others' is a problem,

it's almost like it's a set up that keeps us from seeing the truth, or keeps us so busy fighting each other that we don't progress as quickly as we ought to, or discover/invent things that would propel us onward and upwards.

so please do keep posting your perspective, i find it as refreshing as it is informative.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

Clyde is the most laid back person on this site. As a matter of fact he does not post all that often but when he does people do listen.

The problem with writing statements is you do not get the emotions written as you would if he was talking face to face,

Christine Christine
Aug '14

"After doing some research, I discovered tens of thousands of websites have been afflicted"

Well, you're a really great researcher then. When I first read this thread I did a quick search for "We are hackers Muslims". Wanna guess how many hits I got back? One on Google (besides this site) and zero on yahoo.

btw jjmonth4 thank you for your well thought out responses. They are quite refreshing.

justintime justintime
Aug '14

Bessie - Being a fan of a team he *used* to be a fan of is pretty darn interesting too... ;-)

ok..ok... i'll admit it..i'll come clean..it was me..i am the hacker..NOT!!! LOL
kidding..im kidding!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Aug '14

Why the persona of instigator, justintime?
Sorry you did not find what you were looking for. If you "wanna" see some lists, maybe you 'couda' been more thorough, and 'shoulda' not taken such a quick search, and you 'woulda' been more successful. Perhaps as one example you might have seen XtReMiSt.

happiest girl
Aug '14

Was a child accosted by this hacker who claims to be muslim? Oh my. Please let us know when it is safe to come back to the internet.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Aug '14

Instigator? Not trying to be.

Look at this from our view, which is reading a comment made by you that has zero substantiating evidence via normal internet search methods. Perhaps you can help us to understand better by guiding us to the same information that you are privy to? As of right now, without any other information, this reads like a "I fear muslims and I want you to fear them as well" thread.

Do you think this was done by "team hacker egypt"?

justintime justintime
Aug '14

JIT,

I did the search too and thought about posting the same thing you did. I just have a hard time devoting that much effort on this site anymore. Anyway, it's a perfectly valid question to raise, as is your "fearing Muslims" point.

Gadfly Gadfly
Aug '14

JIT: I did the same thing so decided to go another route as well.

Amazing that a single passage to a trivial event not seen by anyone else could illicit such a heated discussion including "which ultimately seem to defend the welfare-warfare facist (our current form of government, IMO)" Man, how does Obama sneak into everything :>)

And what is a facist? Is that someone who Facebook's 24x7?

Clyde, pass the valium please.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Aug '14

Its all yours Mr.G. lol

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

funny JIT when i googled "We are Muslim hackers" i got this thread too.

darwin darwin
Aug '14

I went on that website and I was creeped out by what I saw and heard too. I don't take any of this lightly.

flubbernut flubbernut
Aug '14

There are some really nutsy comments on here. As far as "fear of Muslims" or "racism" ---- well none of these words came out of MY mouth.
I suppose if I said I went to a Chinese restaurant and was given Italian food, and
asked if that happened to anyone else, I would be accused of not liking Italians!
My post said I clicked on a gardenwebsite and instead got "we are hackers muslims"
That is a bizarre and shocking thing to happen, and if you don't agree, that's your privilege, but I did not like it one bit and I have no qualms saying so.

Justintime, I am not "privy" to anything, and I suggested looking up XtReMiSt.
Another is AnonGhost --- I have no idea which is responsible for the particular website I saw.
I wonder if any of you have even looked at the website I posted.
There is an extensive list (over 1000) of muslim hacked websites at:
http://pastebin.com/zftTrrrh
There is an article at:
http://news.msn.com/world/hacking-websites-in-the-name-of-islam
And thanks, flubbernut, for not being afraid to post what you did, after seeing how I was treated.
Peace, and a good evening to everyone.

happiest girl
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.