Vaping

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this new craze, but I was wondering if anyone else enjoys vaping. Great alternative to smoking cigarettes/cigars, and it smells great and doesn't make you stink!

For those that do not know, vaping is like a e-cigarette except you can refill it, and charge the battery. As well the flavor selection is almost endless.

Currently I like my itaste 3.0 VV and my Kanger aerotank setup the best.

I enjoy the desert and sweet flavors like banana nut bread and peanut butter banana.

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

I'm all for people finidng alternatives to smoking however I'm starting to see people vaping anywhere they please...stores, restaurants...I even saw someone vaping at work at their desk.

Vape on but please do it in an appropriate setting.

buffy buffy
Jul '14

Most people I encounter as well as I are conscious of where and when we vape, although, like everything else, there is always people who have a sense of entitlement that ruin it for everyone else.

Most people I know like the smell it gives off. When I smoke the desert flavors it smells like you are in heaven.

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

I gotta switch over to that - I have tried some of the cheaper models and the greensmoke rechargeable - wasnt a fan

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Unfortunately - This too is illegal here in in the peoples republic of NJ. An amendment to New Jersey’s Smoke-Free Air Act of 2006, passed by then-governor Jon Corzine on Jan. 11, 2010, made it illegal to do just that. Smoking e-cigarettes inside is illegal. Bill A4227/4228 was the first of its kind in the entire country.

http://www.njgasp.org/E-Cigs_A4227.pdf

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

wondering how long it will take until they find out what this does to your health ---
stopped smoking about 29 years ago after being a heavy smoker and I still wonder if I'll suffer the consequences one of these days --hope all can stop

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Where did the name come from? Its a bit unfortunate I think.... Is vaping different from e-cigarettes?

hktownie hktownie
Jul '14

There are previous threads on this. You even participated in the one on the taxation aspect, Darrin.

Here's one of the two previous long threads on it:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/549629

GC, as stated, Vaping is different then ecigs. E cigs are mainly disposable and are a electronic version on cigarettes. Vaping is refillable and doesn't necessarily contain nicotine, as well comes in a variety of flavors.

Once you have a battery and a tank all you have to buy is the liquid that goes inside. The liquid contains no tobacco what so ever, and the ingredients of the liquid is found in common household goods that we use and consume every day. The flavoring is artificial, so who knows health risks from that, but most of the drinks and food we consume on a every day basis has some sort of artificial flavoring.

To add the two main ingredients which make up the juice have been passed by the FDA for consumption, sure there is a difference in brands, but I only use the juice that has been passed (for consumption, not necessarily inhaling)

Skip, when I see you I will let you try mine, currently I am hitting nutella, hazelnut, and red bull.

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

Should add I vape by choice not addiction.

I smoked cigs for almost 2 years (over 6 years ago), never got addicted, did it by choice, and easily quit cold turkey one new year.

After then i smoked a pipe daily for about 3 years (over 4 years ago), again by choice, never addicted

I always loved a good cigar, but hated how it made you smell.

I will still hit the pipe of cigar here and there, but no where near as often as I used to.

You can vape anywhere with no after smell left in your car or home (obviously depending on what juice you are smoking)

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

cool thanks Darren

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

I hate those e cigs and anything similar to them. I also hate the people who think they can just do it anywhere they want because they are not "smoking". They always claim its "just water vapor". Yea right. Believin all the lies that they're tellin you. Buyin all the productions that they're sellin you. They say jump and you say how high. You're brain dead.

Now huffing paint that's a different story. Those people are just plain funny. Anyone want to get together for a paint huffing session? I have a few new cans of Rust Oleum.

sack
Jul '14

It is not JUST water vapor, it is:

VG (Vegetable Glycerin) The Base makes up 80-90% of e-juice and is composed of 100% VG or a mix with PG. Common ratios are 100% VG, 50/50 PG/VG, and 80/20 PG/VG. It is widely used in all types of food and personal care products like toothpaste

PG (Propylene glycol) Commonly mixed with VG as the base for e-juice. This is a solvent that’s used in all sorts of things. Along with being a solvent, its mainly known for its use in fog machines. A higher PG mix e-juice will produce thicker clouds of vapor. However PG can dry out your throat and even cause mild allergic reactions in some users.

Flavor 10%-20%. All the e-juice I’ve seen uses Food grade flavorings originally intended for baking or candy making. Here is an excerpt from the LorAnn website: “All of our materials are food grade (where applicable) and adhere to standards set down in the USP, NF or FCC (U.S.Pharmacopoeia, National Formulary, and Food Chemical Codex).”

Nicotine 0%-2.4% depending on strength. Any large supplier of e-juice is using pharmaceutical grade pure nicotine.

Distilled water is sometimes used to dilute if needed.

http://www.projectvape.com/what-is-vaping/what-is-ejuice/

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

Mmm... propylene gycol. Nothing like smoking some antifreeze. ;)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '14

They should use ethylene glycol; that way, when you poison yourself, you can vaporize vodka and self-administer the antidote (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jul '14

Marc, actually propylene glycol is what is used in the non-toxic antifreeze, still anti-freeze i presume, but safe

"you can vaporize vodka and self-administer the antidote"

Now this is something i never thought of, what if I was to put..........

If you have had a fog machine on haloween, or been to a party with fake fog, sorry to break it to you, but you too have inhaled propylene glycol

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

I know it's non toxic, Darrin. Just a funny thing to inhale.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '14

Before Vaping..... smoking cigarettes for over 50 years....
Hacking up pure raw blood, getting colds frequently, and having difficulty sleeping due to coughing ....... waking up coughing for an hour etc.

Now...Using electronic vaping for 3-1/2 years, of a food grade glycol, heated to similate smoke, but as a cool vapor......
No more coughing; no common colds or irritated throat passages. Blood pressure returned to Normal, and clear lungs with no wheezing as with cigarettes.

My Cardiologist was questioning me, what the Heck Happened to Your Lungs?
I said,"Why?" "What's wrong?"
He said, They are passing air clearly, and with greater volume.
When I told him I was using electronic vaporizers, he exclaimed,"Holy Cow, I'll have to try that myself!"

Propylene Glycol is used on foods such as canned peanuts, chips , sauces, and thousands of other food stuffs. Animal foods such as cat food / dog food.
All F D A Approved to use as an additive.

If it supported the second hand smoke (theory) ban / law (s), someone would ban LARGE SCALE Use of Glycol at Stage Theatrical and Musical Events....
Where do some people think all those clouds and plumes of smoke are generated from?

My wife is very much negative with cigarette smoke in or around the house. She has allergy to the smoke, and can smell a smoker that only had One (1) cigarette in the morning, and after all day, she can pick out that smell like a Bloodhound.
I vape...in the house, and around her, and she as yet, has not smelled or felt anything offensive to her sense of smell. Never.

Embryodad Embryodad
Jul '14

anti-freeze is Ethylene glycol.

"Propylene glycol is used in air sanitization and hard surface disinfection and dipropylene glycol is used in air sanitization."

https://vapersclub.com/pg.php

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Skippy,

Propylene glycol is also used as antifreeze.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifreeze

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '14

currently trying the Vea from Johnson Creek, I like it.

icicle icicle
Jul '14

check out www.slimsejuice.com

I just ordered from him, he has super fast shipping, and unbeatable prices. Use the code thankyou and he gives you 20% off. I think he has something like 400 flavors

Darrin Darrin
Jul '14

nice

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

agreed Propylene glycol is much less toxic to humans

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

How is this different to a Hookah that has been around since ancient times practically?

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jul '14

You smoke tobacco from a hookah; this is tobacco (and smoke) free. A hookah is more analogous to a water bong than an e-cig.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jul '14

Can someone please tell me what vaporizer to get? Just would like to try it. Thx!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

@Rebecka~

I too have been thinking about trying a vaporizer. I found the link below to have lots of information - regarding e-cigs as well as vaporizers. I still haven't decided what would be best. Good luck in your choice.

http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/

luvlife
Aug '14

I started vaping in January and have not had a cigarette since. I did some research before purchasing the Kangertech Evod starter kit on Ebay for under thirty dollars. You might want to read this review of the product.

http://vaporizetheworld.com/kanger-evod-starter-kit-vaporizer-review/

Smokeless Smokeless
Aug '14

If you want a cheap trial get the ego, they are on ebay with everything you need, minus the juice for 12 -16 bucks. Then at least for a cheap enough price you can see if it is for you. They make a standard ego and a adjustable power ego. for the 4 bucks more i would get the adjustable voltage, as by changing the voltage you change the harshness/flavor which is the adjustability you may want when seeing if it is for you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ego-Twist-CE4-1100mah-Personal-Vape-Pen-With-Clearomizer-and-Charger-Starter-Kit-/221509983255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3393061c17

after i realized how great it was I then upgraded to the itaste VV 3.0 ($28 bucks or so on ebay)and the kanger aerotank (you can still get the first model for under 12 bucks). I now have two of these setups. the itaste is variable voltage and wattage which gives even more selection

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

What about the throat hit when you inhale?... I had the blue e-cig and it's like smoking an ultra light cig with a hole in it.. Is vaping a better hit like a real cig

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '14

vaping has almost unlimited adjustments, where as the e-cigs are what you buy. By adding more PG in your juice you get a heavier throat hit, by adding more VG you get more of that fog like smoke. And the flavor selections are endless. It seems no two brands taste the same, and there is plenty of small town guys making their own vape now too.

Also vaping allows nicotine levels from 0-36 mg, where as most cigs are about 3-6mg i believe. I know many of people that quit smoking by starting at their preferred cigs nicotine level and slowly working to 0mg

If you were to buy a vape setup and not like one juice you can simply switch to another flavor or brand juice without wasting any of the equipment you bought. If you are interested in trying it I would HIGHLY recommend stopping by one of the growing number of vape stores. Most allow sampling, and have plastic tips so that you are not sharing a tip for say. The closest one is by the byram shoprite and is called amped. The guy is very nice, but he doesn't have a huge selection of flavors. BUT he does allow sampling, and he allows all of the flavors to be sampled. You do not need anything, he has everything there you would need to try it.

https://www.danielbranch.com/slimsejuice/pg-vg-mixture

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

There's also Lehigh Valley Vapor in the P-Burg Mall. Last time I was in the owner said he was looking for a place in Mansfield to open another store.

Smokeless Smokeless
Aug '14

Does any one else know of any vape shops that are close?

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

http://www.serenitysmokeshop.com/

ledgewood - route 10

Skippy Skippy
Aug '14

Thank you so much for all this helpful advice!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

tried a bunch of ecigs...top of the line all the way down to disposables and I keep going back to my Logic Power Series. Rechargable battery, auto switch (no button to press) and the best menthol flavor. The downside is the cartomizers are ridiculously expensive ($20 for 5) and I'll use a new one every day. Adds up real fast. I do reload them with some store bought juice but Logic black label menthol has it right. Expensive and annoying as you can buy an old pack of cartomizers and if the liquid dried up, it'll taste like burnt cotton! Yuck!

For real vaping, I have a Pax that I fill with premium tobacco and I'll never smoke a real cancer stick again!

@ajg - what other menthol vap flavors have you tried? Been doing reserach on this and I've seen "Extreme Ice" and "Analog Ice" mentioned as being close to a real "Newport Light" - menthol flavor . . . .

luvlife
Aug '14

The best thing about vaping is you can smoke hash oil or marijuana out of your vape pen and it barely smells . I'd highly recommend it to all the smokers out there !
Vape on! :-)

Snoopdogg
Aug '14

I was recently at an outdoor event where someone sitting two rows below us and about five or six seats over was vaping. The wind was blowing in my direction and all afternoon long his "vapor" was blowing in my face. It looked just like smoke, it did not smell good, and was very annoying. Sorry, if I am outside at an event or anywhere in public I should not have to smell that or breathe it in. And it was not just me, everyone in our group was irritated.

nothing on tv
Aug '14

it all depends on what flavor people are smoking, again vaping is not to be confused with e-cigs. When i smoke banana nut bread around the people I work with, everyone loves how it smells. I do agree that people should be more considerate about others when vaping, but when at a outdoor event, even regular smoking is usually allowed, so there would be no reason to single out a vapor. Just be happy you did not have to smell pot, that smell makes me sick, and I cannot believe how many people do it at concerts at pnc.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

if you plan on using vaping to quit smoking, my honest advice would be to get away from the cigarette taste all together. I would try to find something you like the taste of better, such as butterscotch or such. At least that's what everyone I have know has done. By doing this you make a stronger urge to vape and grow a dislike to the taste of cigarettes.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

"Should add I vape by choice not addiction.

I smoked cigs for almost 2 years (over 6 years ago), never got addicted, did it by choice, and easily quit cold turkey one new year.

After then i smoked a pipe daily for about 3 years (over 4 years ago), again by choice, never addicted"

Sorry, but that made me laugh, because it kind of sounds like addiction :)

seriously was never was an addiction, I never smoked on weekends, or at night when i got home. Same with two week vacations every year, never smoked on them either

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Amp'ed in the byram shop rite plaza. Just got my vape. 24 hours so far of not smoking real cigs. Pretty good for me considering I was 1 pack a day. I got a flavor called unicorn milk. Its food grade liquid. It smells amazing. I highly suggest for smokers trying to quit to get the adjustable one. You can make it a stronger hit so it's more like a cig, then lower it when you don't need as much.

blondie781 blondie781
Aug '14

We started vaping today ! Went to the store in Byram called Amped. The guy was great and helped my husband with everything.....we got the Kanger Evod..Starter Kit....I did some research and this seemed like a good place to start...so wish us luck, and we will see how it goes.....

bowie bowie
Aug '14

Bowie - awesome. Did you get the "Unicorn Milk?" I laughed when I read that was a name of one of the juices blondie got.

Blondie - how are you doing with vaping / not smoking?

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

@Rebecka, yes as a matter of fact my husband got the "Unicorn Milk" and he got me "Polar Chill"....he said he got to try many of the other flavors but decided on these two to start....

bowie bowie
Aug '14

You picked a great starter, all the the tanks I use are kanger, they are a great brand

Currently my flavor is drunken turtle from slim, it is Fudge brownies, pralines and cream, salted caramel, and kahlua all mixed together

And in my other tank I am on the last of my Peanut butter and banana

I have been wanting to go to the vapor room on 23 in Franklin

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

The names they come up with for the juices crack me up! Drunken Turtle?! Another good one.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

A new vapping store opened up in Washington called Vapezone.

Christine Christine
Aug '14

@rebecka I'm doing great with it! It tastes so much better than a cigarette and you don't stink!

blondie781 blondie781
Aug '14

I would say that's the key to success right there, finding a flavor you like more then your old go to cigs

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

AWESOME, Blondie!!!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Been trying to get my Mom to stop smoking for years. She is 75 and been smoking well over 50 years. She was up to almost 3 packs a day. Now that she has been sick my sister got her an ecig Logic brand. Been 3 months and she is on the whit tips. I tried to get her flavored one and she said she doesn't like them. So if what she has is working I will let her use. I think its all about having it in her hand. The white tips have no nicotine just the vapor, no flavor. BUT she sucks on those like no tomorrow! LOL

Christine Christine
Aug '14

hey, whatever works, IMHO vaping is better for you then cigs or cigars, and has not had any proven ill effects

Personally out of all the e-cig flavors i liked the logic brand the best, but when I realized the cost to be the same as buying packs of cigs I found it more cost effective to go with the refillable rechargeable type. Someone out there must have a logic cig flavor juice!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ......

L00K at this..... "VAPING WEED"

http://www.vapingweed.com/

I was just curious, and pulled up this site for s _ its and giggles!

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '14

Ok , so 3 days without ciggys....after 42 years.....Im loving the fruit flavors....pineapple and strawberry....who whould have thought....

bowie bowie
Aug '14

Congrats! Great news!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Another vote for logic..7 months....no cigs...now grandkids can visit...no more smell

hickory8 hickory8
Aug '14

Re: Vaping

Here is my new setup, 30 watt e-mech dovpo, kanger genitank and a wide bore 510 drip tip.

This thing has dual 18650 batteries and lats all week under heavy use. It also has a usb out to charge your phone or anything else you may want to charge. The VV/VW controls are all touch screen too!

Even though I absolutely love this thing, it is big and heavy, for walking around my itaste VV 3.0's are still my go to.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

That looks pretty crazy, Darrin! LOL. It's amazing how carried away one can get with these things! Very tempting to upgrade and mod. Someone told me about the drip tip yesterday. I'll have to research it. But for now my simple set up (I think it's called a Vision Spinner) works great. Now I'm just trying to find a local store that sells e-juice with only USA-sourced ingredients.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

I've been vaping for a year and a.half now. I have tried all sorts of combinations but have yet to try the mechanical mod. I have a few vision spinners, Kanger IPOW and ego batteries. I have been using the EVOD 2 and CE4 and CE6 clearomizers. There are some good juices at EVCigs.com and Slims.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '14

kb2755 Message kb2755
2 hours ago
[" I have tried all sorts of combinations but have yet to try the mechanical mod."]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kb2755.....
I started on the joy-e system almost 4 years ago.
I found my final mod. Fully Mechanical and simple. Works like a drip tip, but without the drippy drip. The bottle and battery are inside the aluminum mod. No switches. All mechanical.... The guy cannot make them fast enough. The price is the price for the mod itself. It comes with No batteries...No juice. No tips / atomizers etc.
I have the mini ( the original ) and it fits in my palm. They make the mini 2.1 which is just a tad smaller, but thicker. The "Grand" is just way way too big!
Haven't had an analog in 4 years.
Check it out! ...... it's not like the bulky woodies. Have needed no repairs in 4 years. They sell a rebuild kit if needed.
http://www.reosmods.com/

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '14

I have tried mechanical mods and the adjustability on the fly is just not there, it's not really for me. I love being able to crank it up for a hard hit, or tone it way back and just sit there and puff on it at the pool.

Plus i always get covered in juice dripping the cotton

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Darrin ! This is all so advanced for me....Im still using the Kanger Evod....only one...but I have purchased 6 different juices and keep them all in their containers ( clearomizers) see Im learning the lingo....but I must say, I love the Unicorn Milk the best.....stopped smoking on 8/13/14. I took the Kanger apart to clean and had to call a friend to help me put it back together....he told me to never do this again....cause I only had it 3 days....and there really was no need....we laughed so hard....I am enjoying this more than smoking ! I like the Vamped shop in Byram. the guy Ryan is so helpful.....

bowie bowie
Aug '14

You are very correct about Ryan, he is very helpful, but I have found his prices on the high side when compared to others in the surrounding area.

The only time I take apart my tanks to clean them is when I switch flavors, or when I notice particles building up or discoloration occurring. All the kanger tanks I use simply unscrew and you can rinse them out in the sink and then dry everything off.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

That's it. I've got to go out and get me some of this so-called "Unicorn Milk." I shall not wait another day! That others should partake in this mysterious juice and I not... it is just wrong.
:-P

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Oh good for you Rebecka, let us know how you like it.....honestly....Its so smooth...and smells so good....my husband and I are both using it now....have fun....

bowie bowie
Aug '14

Done! Just got back from the place in Byram- Amped Vapor I think is the name? In any case, I got enough e-juice to last a year. Unicorn Milk and Mother's Milk (very similar) and also Mama's Cookies - oh, yum! - and others... the young man in the store was knowledgeable and helpful.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

So excited...went to amped....bought starter pack...love it..I also mentioned, that this forum helped me find this place....salesperson really nice..ryan was not there..thanks all....by the way, you guys should get a commision from them...only kidding

hickory3
Aug '14

I still have been wanting to go to the vapor room on 23 in Franklin, I hear the place is awesome!

There are many vaping stores popping up all over the place

I order most of my juice online now, through slim i get 30ml bottles for $7.60 a piece with the thankyou promo code and the shipping is free with no minimum purchase.

He does any nicotine strength, can even add caffeine (didn't know if you guys knew they did that or not ;-)) and can make heavy flavor, sour, just about anything.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

This is my favorite juice so far. Got a bottle at Amped: https://fivepawns.com/shop/castle-long/

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Wow that sounds delicious!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Thats so funny Rebecka because when I was at Vamped I tried the Five Pawns "GrandMaster" and I just stood there tasting , and tasting it....I loved it and that is going to be my next purchase....this is so much fun....and I havent had a ciggy since 8/13. I cant believe it....Darrin, I enjoy all your knowledge and Im gonna try the place online. Also, I would be interested in knowing how the place in Franklin is. Is the website called Slim? I didnt know they could add caffeine...oh boy....here I go....and Hickory, hope you enjoy vaping as much as we do....

bowie bowie
Aug '14

Please excuse my 20th century ignorance! But, exactly how does one vape? Is it portable? Can it be done in public (e.g. at work, in restaurants??). What is appr. startup cost??

Quickly scanned the thread, but don't think anyone posted this;

Why vape? If there's nicotine and it's an alternative to cigarettes, OK I get it. But if not, what's the draw?

Is this just a social phenomenon, something to do for enjoyment? Seems weird to me, being a non smoker, to just sit around and inhale vapors. I keep thinking that an air freshener would do the same thing lol.

justintime justintime
Aug '14

To clear up what vaping is:

Currently most places allow vaping, although most non smokers are still against it being done indoors. Vaping leaves behind no residual smell and can be done to stop smoking cigs or just for fun, there is variable levels of nicotine available to work your self off of a nicotine addiction if you wish.

There are many different flavors available so it is almost like a hookah I guess. It is battery operated and the juice is absorbed in a wick and directed to a coil, when you press a button the coil heats up instantly causing the juice to become vapor which you inhale, and when you exchale you see the vapor, it looks exactly like smoke. It is said to be much healthier then cigs because it contains all food grade ingredients, and depending on the flavor it smells as good as it tastes.

A person who has never smokes cigs, cigars, or anything for that matter would never understand the "reason" behind vaping. it is just replacing the time that you would normally inhale tobacco with vapor instead, and it has less drawbacks, and is cheaper.

Startup can be as cheap as a 14 dollar starter kit and a 5 dollar bottle of juice.

the website is www.slimsejiuce.com, but if you are smoking quality juice like five pawns I warn you, it is not the same quality! I buy from slims because of the price difference. $7.60 for a 30ml is my type of party. Slims is more comparable to the amped store brand juice.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Thanks for the explanation Darrin.

justintime justintime
Sep '14

Friends, I have achieved the perfect set up! lol... for me, that is.

Vision spinner II with the Nautilus Mini adjustable airflow top. Love that you can adjust the airflow for a real drag.

And the juice... Castle Long Reserve by Five Pawns.

If you've got an extra $40 that's burning a hole in your pocket - you must try this juice. It's amazing. Amped has it. Only in 6mg nic strength, though.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

@ justintime - you really have to enjoy smoking. I've met cigar smokers who *love* vaping, because it doesn't smell up a room or car, and you can get some amazing flavors. And I've always enjoyed smoking (socially, after a good meal, etc... probably because I lived in Europe for quite some time), but of course the smell and health dangers were a problem! Vaping is really attractive to me for that reason. I get low or no nicotine juices and I couldn't be happier with this new trend. A huge thank-you to Darrin for starting this thread and educating us about it. Yes, I had seen a friend vape, but didn't really get it. NOW I get it. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Rebecka, I like the look of your new Vision Spinner, where did you get it? Im already looking for another Vaping set up.....with the mini, how many times do you have to fill it? And like I said my next juice is going to be the Five Pawns....and yes a big Thank You to Darrin for the education classes !!!!

bowie bowie
Sep '14

The Vision Spinner II is available just about in any vapor shop, bowie. They're quite popular. My gold-color one is from Vapor City Plus (I think that's the name) in Sussex County (DH bought for me, don't know price or exact town).

The Nautilus Mini and the Five Pawns juices are from Amped Vapor in Byram. The mini I believe fits about 5ml of juice - it will last me several days. It's around $60. Worth every penny! This really is the best set-up I've found. It's not a huge system like some friends have... which don't fit in your pocket. But you can adjust the electrical strength (amps or voltage?) and how much of a drag you get... totally customizable.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I am glad to see such a positive outcome from this forum, as well glad I could help some to break a bad habit. As always if anyone has any questions I can try my best to help, ask here or feel free to pm me.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

@Darrin - Thank you for starting this thread. I didn't know much on the topic, other than I'd like to try it and quit smoking. I still haven't purchased anything as yet but plan to in the near future and the information you and others posted was very useful. Thanks again~

luvlife
Sep '14

luvlife - I know so many people who started vaping and never touched a cigarette again! Definitely give it a go.

Correction from above: my Nautilus Mini holds 2ml of juice (not 5ml).

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I am patiently waiting for the kanger aerotank turbo! twin dual coils, 6ml of juice!

http://www.kangeronline.com/products/aerotank-turbo-clearomizer

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Rebecka - I've quit numerous times in the past but eventually found myself back in the habit. Am hoping that this will be the "once and for all" solution. Has to be healthier than regular cigarettes. Now which "flavor" to chose . . . . ? : )

luvlife
Sep '14

luvlife - you can sample the different flavors at vaping shops before you buy. As stated above, I really like the Five Pawns line, but there are SO many juices to choose from, you could spend a day trying them all.

Darrin - you must not want to change juices often? I don't even fill my 2ml one because I'm always switching flavors.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

with dual, dual coils i would think you would go through juice more often, so it would be about the equivalence of 3ml with a single double coil. I can and have gone through my mega tank in one day (3.8ml)

That is why I bought the dual battery emech, The itaste 3.0 was only lasting me 1 1 hour car trip! The emech lasts me all week. I used it Friday through Monday this week and it finally said low voltage cutoff, after 2400 puffs.

I usually change my flavor each time i fill up

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Just bought a kayfun lite, time to get into building my own coils!

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Started vaping 2 months ago and i have not had 1 stinky, which for me is totally amazing. I was a heavy smoker for over 30 years. I bought the Kanger evod and I love it! 55$ at amped vapor and their flavor bar is great. I bought one of the bottles from "doomsday Gourmet" called "holocaustard" their description of the flavoring is horrific and as about as politically incorrect as one can get, but I love the flavor. I loved the 5 pawns and suicide bunny, but they are expensive!!! I don't think there are too many juice co's that can compare with 5 pawns, they are excellent. have not had any problems with the Kanger evod starter kit, good quality for a reasonable price. I have also felt much better since switching, I know there is a big debate about the heath effects, But like my doctor said about vaping "can anything be worse than cigarettes"? I tried quitting so many times, I think i may actually do it this time.

bluelinr
Sep '14

Darren, I have a question: I keep trying to use the Kanger clearomizer with my Kanger battery, and I keep getting gurgling and tasting the juice, I took it apart (again) washed everything,,,,and still ..like Im suckin up the juice....any advise?

bowie bowie
Sep '14

Bowie,
You may have overfilled the tank and got liquid inside the tube. There are a ton of good videos on youtube, "grimm green" and "Pbusardo" are among my favorites, also the "indoor smoker" is very knowledgable. They all cover basically any topic on vaping and reviews. hope this helps..

bluelinr
Sep '14

If your close to Byram Twp. there is Amped Vapor in the Shoprite Plaza on Rt. 206

tae111 tae111
Sep '14

Vaping "Mother's Milk" juice now for 2 days - love this one, too. Not quite as complex as a Five Pawns juice, but very, very nice.

Darrin - you should post pics of what building coils looks like. I know I for one would be impressed!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

What is the flavoring of mothers milk? good throat hit?

bluelinr
Sep '14

Mother's milk is custardy on the inhale and light strawberry on the exhale. Very, very smooth with a nice throat hit even in my low nic strength.

Do different levels of nicotine give you a different throat hit BTW? Or is it just the level of PG that determines that?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

brownie, I would recommend taking it apart and washing everything out as you are. You most likely flooded the air valley which can be done by overfilling, a bad coil, a loose coil. or the main problem I have been seeing lately is if I leave it in a hot car right side up it does this. I store mine upside down and then turn it around a couple minutes before I use it. ( this is because the kanger tanks are a bottom fed coil) This would be opposite if you have a top fed coil

Make sure when you put it back together you tighten everything down snug, if the seals around the coil are loose it will allow juice into the air valley. Also if you are running the old style kanger coils ( they have a wick sticking out of both sides) as opposed to the new style (they just have two holes for the juice to get into the wick) the old styles are known to flood easily when the coil is reaching the end of its life.

Rebecka,
I am currently running a pre-made coil with silica wick and I am not a fan, I keep getting a burn taste after the 3rd hit. I have organic cotton and 26 gauge wire coming, so when I redo it I will post pics. It's a new learning experience, and should eliminate one more cost of buying replacement coils.

For me the higher the nicotine the more burn I get in my mouth and throat, also the more I cough. I like 0-3mg, I only get the nicotine because the burn makes me stop chain smoking it, lol! VG is what creates the smoke and PG is what suspends the flavor. The more PG, the more of a throat hit

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

I currently am vaping 18 mg, I know, high for most people. It has only been 2 mos since I quit and I don't want to go back to cigs so i vape the higher nic. I just bought the kanger evod 1 week ago and it contains the old style coils, how long ago did Kanger change the coil style? Mothers milk sounds good, i like any custard style flavor and that sounds pretty good!

bluelinr
Sep '14

I actually found a video on U Tube and did exactly what the guy said....I washed everything out and put in a new coil thing....AND added an extra washer (dont know the name of it) and this made the seal tighter and it is working perfectly....Im actually proud of myself, and my DH is sick of me saying it....Im still loving the Unicorn Milk, and I switch with a pineapple juice we got at the store in Ledgewood....almost 1 month with no ciggys.....

bowie bowie
Sep '14

I've watched the "indoor smoker" on you tube. He is pretty funny and informative, but I think he vapes a little more than just e-juice!

bluelinr
Sep '14

Ok, I have to ask..... unicorn milk, Throat hit and flavor? secondly, Price?

bluelinr
Sep '14

http://juicedb.com/juices/6591

There's a review of Unicorn Milk for you, blue. It's similar to Mother's Milk with creamy/custardy flavor, and strawberry exhale, but frutier than MM IMHO. Both are wonderful.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Thanks, doesn't sound bad

bluelinr
Sep '14

http://vaporgalleria.com/store/flavor-list
For anyone interested, I bought 2 bottles at their booth at the Allentown fair. I sampled a few flavors and bought "lions blood" and "aphrodite" but they had a huge list. They just opened a store in Allentown, in case you are ever in the area.

bluelinr
Sep '14

Here is my first homemade coil, 26 gauge kanthal, 8 wraps, .8 ohms, beautiful!

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

nice!

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

Very nice, Darrin! How are you liking the vape with it?

DH needs suggestions: He wants to upgrade his battery pack from the Vision Spinner II to something more powerful, *but* still wants a pen style. He's researched it but can't find what he is looking for. Darrin or anyone else have suggestions for us? (Thank you in advance.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

the vision spinner is a 1300mah battery and does 3.3 - 4.8 volts. and you are not suppose to go below 2 ohms with it.

If it is bigger hits (more smoke) you are looking for you can get a huge improvement simply by getting one that allows you to go to 1 ohm and getting a different tank setup, like a kanger with a 1.2 ohm coil (my favorite) do you know how many ohms your current tank setup is?

if it is battery life you are looking for, a 1300mah battery is one of the best they make in small pen style, I think there may be a 1600mah, I could be wrong. Even my two itastes I have are only 800mah and do 3-5v.

if you are in the market to stay round but really want more then 5 volts it may be time to step up to a mod with a replaceable battery, which is going to be more of a tube then a pen. They make single battery ones and they make ones that go to 6v or 30 watts.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Thank you, Darrin. I have forwarded your post to my DH and I'll let you know if he has follow-up answers/questions for you (Ohms... volts... it's all Greek to me - I never studied anything electrical). I'm sure your post will already get him started on the right track!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

You can get the same result you are looking for by changing the tank to something that needs less power, plus you will get more battery life out of it. He may be currently running a high resistance setup right now. Unfortunately from what i read the vision spinner only goes to 2 ohms, have him check the paperwork because i read conflicting info on this, i am not sure if the vision spinner 2 goes any lower. Let me know what type tank he is currently running and from there i can tell you if there is anything that can be done on that route.

I find that with the 1.2 ohm coil in my kanger tank i can run at 3.0 - 3.6 volts tops and get the same result as a 2.0 ohm coil running at 4.0 -4.6 volts

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

We are currently both using the Nautilus Mini tanks, but he just ordered the Nautilus full-size tank with 2 coils. And I believe he is looking for both longer battery life and more of a hit, if it's possible to get both with a larger battery?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

This is the tank he ordered: http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Aspire-Nautilus-p/se-bdc-naut.htm

That page has more info on ohms etc.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

The adjustable airflow control will be very liked, not sure how you guys like your pull but I prefer as airy as possible.

Okay, so the new tank came with 1.8 ohm coils, and it looks like they make one other resistance of 1.6 ohm coils. The lower the resistance the less power to fire them as well as the longer the battery life. When u replace the 1.8 coils if your still want more get the 1.6 ohm coils. (check your manual on your spinner first to make sure 1.6 ohms is safe to use)

In pen style the biggest battery i found seems to be the vision spinner 2 which is a 1650 mah battery over your current 1300mah on the original vision spinner. this would give you a little more battery life, but I am not sure if the payoff will be worth the cost.

You can also look up on youtube if there is any way to modify the airflow on your current tanks, more air equals more vapor as well.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

just bought kings crown, "claim your throne" very, very impressed! i love it, but it is very pricey. Nice taste and huge vapor, i was really hoping it didn't measure up to the hype, looks like my wallet will be getting a little lighter...

bluelinr
Sep '14

So true

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

better than smoking, i guess

For anyone out there that likes to vape in the car, but doesn't like killing their battery

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261264070266?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is usb, I just plug it into the accessory port (usb) of my cell phone charger. It accepts any 510 tank and is Variable Voltage.

for 10 bucks, it saves your battery on car rides. Only problem with it is it only goes down to 2.0 ohms, although i have used with with 1.8 ohm coils. It would not work with my 1.2 ohm coils

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

I think DH will be interested in that, Darrin. Thanks for all the tips. He did upgrade based on your advice - not exactly sure what the name of the thing is he's vaping with these days, but he did have to go a little bit bigger than pen style.

Have to make a juice run soon. Will look for "Claim your throne" liquid mentioned above.

My personal fave (I've only tried about a dozen) so far is the Castle Long Reserve by Five Pawns. It's really exquisite. Can't find anything that tops it.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Last weekent I went to Amped,and they didnt have the sample of Castle Long, Ryan the salesman said someone stole it !!!! Therefore I didnt get to try it....Im thinking of buying the Spinner....I like the feel of it and its longer than the Kanger....dont know why but it feels goon in the hand...Hopefully they will have the Castle Long again, because I want to try before buying....but my fav is still Unicorn Milk....and its over a month since my last ciggy....I feel like I'm in Confession....hahahaha

bowie bowie
Sep '14

Castle long is good, i have to admit. But i will only treat myself occasionaly. next buy is castle long.

bluelinr
Sep '14

Slims has his version he calls castle short, I am ordering it to try.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

I have heard of a new place on 46 in Parsippany, and heard his prices are some of the best for a walk in store

Here is the website

http://goodguyvapes.com/collections/bombies

I am yet to go there, but a friend of mine swears by him now

30ml are 15 bucks

How is everyone making out with not smoking and vaping instead?

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

My daughter has been to Good Guy Vapes...she loves it ...and on Monday, I will be Ciggy Free for two months ! I just got the Spinner and I like being able to adjust it..Now this weekend Im getting a new tank..I think the kanger pro tank... .Still using Unicorn Milk and Pineapple....we have lowered or nicotine to 12 and even 6 on some flavors....very happy indeed .

bowie bowie
Oct '14

Thanks for the tip on Good Guy Vapes.

Congrats, Bowie, on no cigarettes for 2 months!!

How is Castle Short juice, Darrin?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Castle short is very complex, but very good

i just got two new droppers from good guys, Rear Diff and Juice Manias - Brainstorm

I am mostly vaping with my mechanical mods now, here is a pic of the two I use

AR mod with a omega RDA

Copper Penny mod with a Atty RDA

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Ordered 10 bottles of this stuff because G-d forbid they ever stop making it lol!! It's all we're vaping.

Darrin - DH is following in your footsteps. It now looks like he's building small pipe bombs in his office.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Rececka, I finally tried Castle Long....loved it and it will be my next purchase. where did you order from? I understand that Amped is doing online orders now. I did get my Kanger Mini Tank today....love it....and Darrin, those look awesome and complex !

bowie bowie
Oct '14

Direct from Five Pawns https://fivepawns.com/shop/castle-long-reserve/

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

I don't know if my pocket can support the $37.50 per 30ml purchase price on that one.

Here is the inside of the omega, two 6 wrap coils, one of my hotter, but biggest cloud builds

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

I agree, the price is ridiculous, Darrin - but they have us hook, line and sinker. We like it that much.

DH asks what kind of cotton you are using and where you are getting it from, and if using organic or whatever makes a difference or not?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

I use organic unbleached, boiled cotton.

I buy it on ebay with kanthal wire for like 5 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121358095404?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=420302818447&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you go to good guy and buy something he will rebuild your coils for you, he will also give you cotton

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Thank you for that, Darrin. DH is enjoying building the coils and doing all kinds of mods. He loves to do this kind of tinkering. But he was getting a funny taste from the cotton he was using. I'll give him that link.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

is he using cotton or silica wick?

Or maybe he was using un-boiled cotton, or perhaps bleached cotton.

You cannot use regular cotton balls, mainly because they are bleached

Some people swear by silica wick because you cannot burn it, but personally i am not a fan of burning fiberglass and inhaling it. Plus i have not been able to use it without getting a funny taste.

you can also get organic cotton balls from CVS i believe and boil them yourself, but for 5 bucks i will take some wire and already done cotton. The small bag has lasted me a month so far and I am only about 1/4 way through it if that.

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

here is my new rig - Vapor Shark DNA30 with a nautilus Mini tank - Currently enjoying Black Magic 18Mg Coffee Flavor

skippy skippy
Oct '14

Very nice skippy!

If you like the tank setup, but want the fun of a rebuild able coil, look into the kayfun lite, that's what i have, you will get much more out of that 30 watt capable box mod, if you are going to go this route, get the one with dual air holes (just a suggestion)

Just be aware of sub ohming and what that box mod can handle. My emech is safe down to .5 ohms;.

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

This is DH's setup. Looks just like Skippy's! He has a 100w two-battery box thing, and uses a Kayfun thing which he builds coils for. Here he has a Nautilus thing on, though. Can you tell I'm not into the mods myself? Everything is just a "thing." Lol. I'm still with my original setup of Vision Spinner II and Nautilus mini and I have no plans to change. It's suits me and I'm pretty sure I'd blow up a battery in my face if I tried to get creative with modding these devices.

He was using a cotton wick but I don't know if it was boiled. I know it wasn't just regular cotton but he is switching to your recc, Darrin.

Coffee juice sounds wonderful. Will put that on my wish list.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

kayfun is good, and i like it a lot for flavor, just be aware of the ohm limitations of your box mod because i have seen people fry their box mod by running too low of resistance

My emech v4 30 watt handles down to .5 ohms

I just ordered a 454 big block rda, I am going to try my hand at a quad coil next

Next on the list is a stingray x mechanical mod

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Jezzzzzz Darrin , I have no idea what you are talkin about...Mods and watts and what not....Im better sticking to the simple stuff...Im like Rebecka talking about thingys and what not.....but I love that we can ask you questions,and you always help....Thank you kind sir.....

bowie bowie
Oct '14

nice Darren - thanks for the advice

skippy skippy
Oct '14

It's never a problem guys, glad to share what knowledge I have anytime, I still have my 2 itastes and kanger tanks I started with too, I like them because they don't leak all over in your pocket like the mods do.

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

I bought a fogger v5 over the weekend, which is a dual coil rta, just like the kayfun, but capable of dual coil setup, I will let you guys know how it is when i get to using it

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

New Stingray x mechanical with 454 big block rda (can you tell I am a car guy?)

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Good guy in Parsippany build me a quad coil for this, it registers at .16 Ohms!!!!

No way my fat fingers could of done this type of work myself

AMAZING CLOUDS

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

I went to Good Guy in Parsippany today with my daughter , she ended up getting 3 great juices....they also carry my Unicorn Milk...and they gave us a 10% discount for new customers...very nice....we also went to Vape Prime in Parsippany, and I really loved that shop...every juice is on a electronic advertising board with all the flavors listed...this was sooooo helpful for me....I purchase an new flavor....Bebe Cakes...its Banana ,peanut butter and vanilla cupcake....delicious....they also gave us a 10% discount....very happy with our purchases...

bowie bowie
Nov '14

nice Darrin - so what needs to be done special for the mechanical vaporizers?

skippy skippy
Nov '14

Firstly mechanics have no safety backup like a regulated box mod does, this means if you build a dead short, you can blow the battery, which is anything from anti climatic to dangerous.

But safety factors aside, the biggest difference is you build your own coils and wick them too. This makes for almost unlimited types of builds, you can build whatever fits your liking.

Also, with a mechanical, it is straight voltage going to your build, so if you are using a 4.3v fully charges battery on a .36 ohm build, you will be vaping at about 52 watts, which is sometimes more then certain regulated box mods handle. More power equates to a bigger hit. My .16 ohm quad build runs at 116 watts and 26 amps, which is why I had to buy competition batteries to run it. When you get down to sub ohming, you have to take into account your batteries capabilities.

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Darrin - is it all about the cloud production with sub-ohming? Sounds like you're having fun with your mods.

I am thinking of making a trip to Parsippany today to those two stores you mention, Bowie. Now that we're well into the cooler weather, my tastes seem to be changing, and I'm in the mood for a more robust vape. Hoping to find something like expresso/chocolate/cream.

Also I need a new glass tank for my Nautilus. Smashed mine into a million pieces yesterday - dropped it on concrete. So annoyed, especially because I had just filled the tank with not-inexpensive juice! Murphy's Law, right?

Five Pawns has announced a new exciting flavor coming, Black Flag Fallen, but it won't be available until mid-December. Dying to try it, but I want it today! I think I need to get on a waiting list or something to make sure I get a bottle the day it comes out. (Yes, I'm kind of obsessed with Five Pawn juices lol... but they are complex like no others, I find.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

For me, It is about not having to rely on store bought coils, and being able to adjust, tinker, and re-build to fit your exact liking's. Just because you are building your own coils doesn't mean you are subohming, you can build any ohm you want practically, as long as your battery can handle it.

For tanks like the Nautilus, coils are about 3 dollars a piece. I can build a coil setup for under 10 cents. And yes, built mods put out way more clouds, which has it's downfalls, you go through much more juice

If you cannot find a tank for the Nautilus at the stores try ebay, they sell replacement tanks too.

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Rebecka, I really liked Prime Vape, and Im sure you will find the expresso ,chocolate cream there like I said, they have Everything up on a electronic screen with the names and the flavors....sooo very helpful......have fun.....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

really into Durasmoke's Fireball e liquid atm. Hot spicy cinnamon just like a stick of Big Red or a fireball obviously.

6catdad
Nov '14

Oh my... I've just found a flavor I love, and it's all natural / organic and made with 100% VG:

Butter Rum: http://www.ecblendflavors.com/an-o-butter-rum-100-vg-eliquid-flavor/

Had ordered it a few weeks ago and just put it in my tank tonight. Love at first hit.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

love it - any nicotine?

skippy skippy
Nov '14

Yes, different strength nic options. I usually get 3 mg but their lowest is 6 here.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

wow - I am embarrassed to say I get 18 - trying to quit smoking

skippy skippy
Nov '14

Nothing to be embarrassed about! Lots of people vape at that level. Scale back as you see fit. Other than being addictive, nicotine alone is really not that bad for you. It's all the other stuff in cigarettes that causes lung cancer... stuff that is not in Ejuice!

Just read an article in one of DH's addiction medicine journals. Lots of research is being done on vaping, and for now the consensus is that it is safe. The article stated that docs may tell their patients that vaping is a viable way to quit smoking. Mostly it seems that the medical community is worried that kids will get hooked on nicotine by trying vaping. But the thinking is that it is MUCH safer than smoking cigarettes, for adults who now smoke.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

thanks!

skippy skippy
Nov '14

I used to use 3mg nic, but now i use 0mg, I don't like the burn the nicotine creates, and it also make me cough a lot. It's whatever works for each individual.

Rebecka, be cautious using 100 VG on your Nautilus tanks, 100 vg is mainly for dripping RDAs and has a tendency to gunk up small coils very quickly. I would even be cautious using 70vg/30pg with those small coils. You'll know what caused it if you start going through coils or getting dry hits (VG is thicker)

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Oh wow, Darrin, had no idea about the VG gunking up small coils! Was just about to place an order for several more of their 100% VG juices, but now I'll wait and see how it goes with this one first. Thank you.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Definitely try it first, like I said even the 70vg/30pg messed up my kanger coils(which are a similar coil to the nautilus). I also have issues with my kayfun and my fogger RDA tanks with 100% It is only really good for dippers. Compare the fluid in the bottle, you will see it is much thinker and moves much slower

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

I'm an official member, I got a itaste vv yesterday... I bought 3 juices and they have 6 mg of nicotine and th throat hit is rough... Any recommendations on juices with very little throat hit and more flavor..

Booster90 Booster90
Nov '14

I find the nicotine makes a harder throat hit. That's why I have gone down to 0 nic. But generally speaking PG creates the throat hit, and VG creates the clouds.

If you are using it on your itaste, just try turning it to a lower power setting, what is your current ohms/power/voltage settings?

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Not really sure the guy at amped vapor set it to 3.9 and said that's the lucky number and if you change it you will go through coils more often

Booster90 Booster90
Nov '14

if you hold the two buttons (the plus and minus) the device will tell you first an A number (this is your coil ohms) and the second number is a U number, and that is your battery voltage (4.3 is full charge, 3.4 is dead(I think))

You can change setting by hitting the + and fire button to change P setting (watts)

If you hold - and the fire button you can change the U settings (Voltage), I believe this is what you are talking about

You change these numbers with the + and - buttons. Try playing with those numbers and see what that does for you, that is the whole point of a VV/VW device.

In a way he is correct, and if you take it more then 4.4 volts or 7.5 watts you will use coils quickly (depending on what ohm coils you are running) There will be no harm in lowering these settings

I run my 1.5 ohm coils at U4.0 and P7.0

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

There is a vaping place in the Byram Shoprite Mall - got a chuckle as i drove by it last week it looked like a 3 alarm fire was going off in the place there was so much smoke/ vapor in the windows. lol

Here is me being organized!

So tired of the domino effect whenever I knocked one over

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Nice! Did you make that yourself Darrin? It looks custom to your gear.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

That looks so good Darrin...I know I have everything standing up in an old Kangor box and with every reach.....things tip......actually Im having trouble with my Spinner not firing....I even tried to pull up the small battery thingy with a tiny screwdriver(has worked in the past) cause it seems to get jammed way down in there...but still no luck....I guess Im going to have to buy something new this weekend.......

bowie bowie
Nov '14

Bowie - if you're talking about your Vision Spinner II not working - I purchased one on eBay for about $15 last week. My other one stopped charging correctly. Cheap and quick shipping on eBay, and I'm somewhat sure it's authentic... I think lol.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Thanks for the info Rebecka, its so weird how much I love the Spinner compared to the Kanger battery....Im sulking....and my husband is laughing at me....hahahah, although he offered to go get me another one in Byram....but here in Independence, it raining and nasty, so I'll check out Ebay and or wait to get one on Saturday.....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

I wish I could say I made it myself, certainly could of, but for 15 bucks free shipping, I was the man for that ebay seller!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Please tell me I'm not the only vaper who has learned to do *everything* with one hand... work, shop, make dinner... because the vaporizer is always in the other. I swear I carry the thing around with me all day like a blankey.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Rebecka, you are not alone...my husband has it in his clutches at all times....I told him its like his pacifier.....I also have it within reach from the moment I get home...till I go to sleep....switching flavors all night....I dont carry it to work cause I work on a smoke free campus and dont want to rock the boat.....but I do enjoy it when Im home....so just enjoy and know we are all doing the same thing.....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

I have backups everywhere. I have that usb VV that i posted earlier in the car with my megatank. I always carry a VV with a kanger mini as a backup. I have a bottle of juice in the car also for backup. I always bring two mods and two batteries and two bottles of juice

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Um Darrin. You are ready for the zombie apocalypse.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

There are crackheads who aren't nearly as enthusiastic about their "hobby" as Darrin is (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

Yeah, but crack is less addictive than nicotine. Unless if you're a cigarette company executive. ;-)

Imal, that's because it is a hobby, not an addiction for me.

I vape 0mg, so no nicotine. Only occasionally use 3mg which turns out to be less then a ultra light cigarette.

Either way you shake it, it is better then bringing a pack of ciggs with you.

http://www.cfwbr.org/articles/electronic-cigarette-nicotine-levels.html

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Got the just released mophisto V2 RDA.......I ABSOLUTELY love this thing!!!! it is my new favorite. Has the deepest juice wells I have seen on and RDA, double what the 454 big block has actually. With my normal 6 wrap, .4 ohm build it puts out CLOUDS!

If you are looking into getting into the RDAs I highly recommend this one! It's easy to build and has the most vapor production. I seem to be getting 20-25 hits between dripping.

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Going back to Prime Vape in Parsippany tomorrow morning, I need supplies, need a new spinner, some coils and such....My daughter already got me some BeBe Cakes...juice....love it...vanilla, banana, and Peanut Butter, so warm and yummy....cant wait....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

This is awesome for those who may want to try making their own coils, but not do it all the time!

http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-subtank-clearomizer

"The revolutionary Subtank hybrid, A first of its kind. Giving you the freedom to switch between Kanger’s newly designed Bottom Plane Dual Coil heads (BPDC) and a new rebuildable atomizer head. With just a few twists, you can switch from a convenient vaping experience to getting down and dirty by making your own coils and choosing your own wicks to your pleasure."

So you can use either kanger coils or make your own coils!!!!!

as far as kanger coils it has both 1.2 ohm, which will work on many regular devices, or a .5 ohm that will work on mech mods and dna30 type box mods

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Why don't you folks just go natural and smoke some dope?

Nice idea, Darrin! DH keeps threatening to get me something more complicated than what I have (for better flavor). Maybe the hybrid would be the way to go. Many people don't understand how it IS an actual hobby. DH spends lots of time after work tinkering with his mods. Adjusting all kinds of things and building coils... it really helps him relax, he says. Pretty sure he spends more time building than actually vaping, and as someone who used to hand-build audio equipment, it's a fun diversion from his stressful day, to work with his hands.

p.s. We are also ready for the zombie apocalypse in our house. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Just got the Aspire Atlantis tank:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire_Eigate_Atlantis_Sub_Ohm_Tank_p/ap-atl.htm

Mind: blown.

Better than any other system (including drip) I've tried. Highly recommend for those with the right battery for it. If you've already got a compatible battery, please try this tank! You won't regret it. Incomparable flavor from your juice.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Very nice tank Rebecka, how is the airflow?

I suppose you are using it with a mech mod or with a box mod?

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

The airflow is one of those "infinitely adjustable" ones, Darrin. Instead of set stations, it's totally customizable. Awesome!

I'm using it with a battery that DH is lending me. He bought me the Atlantis as a gift, and has a new battery on order for me to go with the tank. What type of mod it is, I have no idea lol. All I know is it needs a bigger battery because it's sub-ohm... but my eyes glazed over when he tried to explain why. He's hooking me up with the new gear, I'm just smiling and saying thank you!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Nice quiet night vaping on some gorilla guts next to the Christmas tree!

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

Lovely, Booster! I've been meaning to light a fire in the fireplace and enjoy some quiet fireside vaping. You have motivated me!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Nice ar mod booster!

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Thanks Darrin AR Mod with the tank Rebecka has and this tank kicks a$$. With the airflow on the biggest hole it makes clouds has if I built one of those crazy coils.
Word around the campfire is that Amped Vapor is coming to Htown soon

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

DH and I were saying that Htown *needs* a vape store! Even thought about opening one ourselves. Glad one is coming! No doubt many people who still smoke can be brought over to vaping.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Uhg,,,amped

Maybe they will have better prices then the one in Byram. Good guy vapes has become my go to place.

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

I'm having some real trouble making the change over, lack of will power I guess. I have a nice e go kit, and I've cut down but making the full switch is difficult.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Dec '14

Yeah me too still smoking and vaping... But definitely smoking less. Hard to break the habit like with my morning coffee I gotta have a cigg with it. Just have to stop buying the damn smokes

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

Penn, if it is a flavor thing try finding flavor you enjoy more, if it is a nicotine thing try a stronger nicotine level

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

I tried using the convenience store disposables (logic, BLU), they didn't do squat for me. On a friend's advice, I got a Halo Triton starter kit (it's a clearomizer) and a bottle of Halo's Tribeca fluid at 18mg of nicotine. I'm currently 24 days smoke-free after 30 years of smoking a pack a day and I am continually amazed. I haven't had any urge at all to light up a cigarette. It's definitely an issue of finding the right flavor and the right nicotine level.

Bemused Bemused
Dec '14

Bemused - congratulations!!! After 30 years, that's really a coup, and you should be proud. Bet you are noticing you can breathe more easily already.

Penngings & Booster- it takes some people a while to make the change completely. I was never a big cigarette smoker (occasionally, socially or just when I felt like enjoying one) so I don't have any personal tips to help you out. But even cutting down *some* cigarettes during each day is better than none!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Congrats Bemused! It's always nice to hear positive stories!

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Hey Darrin, I hope you're happy, you've created a monster. This is a snapshot of part of DH's desk. The rest is set up as a small coil-building factory. This is all your fault! haha

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

lol Poor Darren

skippy skippy
Dec '14

lol Poor DH with addiction transference and the implications thereof. ;-)

Yup, GC! His pts. call him "Dr. Vape," and the irony is not lost... I think he is more addicted to the building part of it, though, than the vaping part - he's kind of obsessed with building the 'perfect coil,' whatever that means. Hey, at least he's got a hobby that'll keep him off the streets. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

do you guys vape nicotine Rebecka? I know DH is a doctor lol

skippy skippy
Dec '14

I made the full switch a few days ago, I smoked a real cigarette last night and for the first time ever found it disgusting, wanted to see if I still liked them after a few days away from them. Reassured me that I won't be going back.

Dec '14

i see a bunch of kayfuns and a fogger in that pic, I guess DH is a fan of the tanks?

I have been having trouble with the tanks and cold weather, my juice doesn't flow as well when it is cold and it is leading to gross dry hits, so I have switched back to dripping for the time being

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Yup, we vape nicotine, Skippy! 3 or 6 mg. It actually HELPS a diaphragmatic condition of his. He runs 5 miles several times a week... we're generally healthy people, but *not* the alcohol-free meditating macrobiotic vegan-type, if you know what I mean. More like the fun-healthy type.

Darrin - I have no idea what all that equipment is or does. All I know is I sent him a few of your posts and recc's and that sort of started an avalanche of vaping equipment accumulating on his desk. He built his first DOUBLE coil last night and is SO proud of himself lol!

Pennings - completely agree! Smoking seems yucky once you've become a vaper.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

For anyone who might be interested, the New York Times had an interesting article on e-cigarettes in Saturday's edition: http://nyti.ms/1uCsw7u

Ok Darrin, you got my ear again......whats this dripping all about...hmmmmmm....Im still ciggy free over 4 months......

bowie bowie
Dec '14

Dripping is using a rda (rebuildable dripping atomizer) and you build your own coils and wick them. Depending on the size of your juice wells depends on how many hits you get before you have to open it and drip juice on the wicking.

Check out the photo i put on this thread October 15th that's what the inside of a rda looks like

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Five Pawns Black Flag ejuice is now available, and it is insane. Splurge. Do it. Thank me later.

Interesting article, RAD. Forwarded it to DH who buys all this stuff. He's pretty careful, and gets everything US-made *when possible* but I'm sure there are things that come from China in our vaping supplies. Not the juice, but the hardware, certainly.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Have read lots of conflicting reports about vaping. Doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do. If you need it to get off cigarettes, and don't have the will power to just stop, maybe. But hopefully you eliminate the vaping too.
Certainly if you do not have to break a cigarette habit, don't even consider it.

hapiest girl
Dec '14

Thanks for the deeply insightful cogitations, hg.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Rebecka,
What is your problem?

"Insightful" knowledge would be good for those people vaping.

If you vape, I would think you would want to know what you are inhaling.
For a start, Carcinogens. How about diethylene glycol which is an ingredient in antifreeze YUM !!

hapiest girl
Dec '14

Didn't know we have a doctor on board.

JOKER
Dec '14

Everyone here has *actually* read articles, hg. Stop posting nonsense, please. You have no idea what you are talking about, have done no research, and are doing nothing more than posting what everyone who has read nothing simply assumes to be true.

If you don't vape, why are you here? Out of a real concern for your fellow HLers health? Or maybe to try to stir up trouble for a change?

Do yourself a favor and stop firing off juvenile, emotional, thoughtless posts which do nothing for your credibility. I've yet to see you add a shred of real substance to ANY discussion. Begone.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

What is your problem, Rebecka.
Why do you say I am posting "nonsense"
I HAVE read many articles about vaping
How pompous of you to say that I have done no research.

You seem to be very defensive I guess because it is something you do and you do not want to hear anything negative about vaping.
Do YOURSELF a favor and look up as much information as you can.
And begone to your unfounded nastiness

hapiest girl
Dec '14

"Look up as much information as I can"?

Thank you for that advice. I hadn't thought to do ANY research before vaping. My husband, a board-certified MD, didn't either. We both just mindlessly started vaping without giving it a second thought. We didn't consult every article in every peer-reviewed medical journal or anything. Just like everyone else here, we just started doing it! We'll all start googling now, though, thanks to you.

Seriously, it's time to take your troll self to another thread where you are wanted, if you can find one.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

What are you so defensive about, Rebeka?
My first post was not to YOU PERSONALLY.

There is still alot of controversy about vaping.
If I want to post a warning about vaping, that is my right. For you to accost me for doing so is quite interesting. And , to use your words, quite emotional, juvenile, and thoughtless.
My post was certainly not intended for you personally, and I hope you know the world does not revolve around you.

Go ahead and vape all you want!!!!!!!!

hapiest girl
Dec '14

Fair enough, my apologies. I may have reacted strongly because you do have history of purposefully injecting controversy into the forum. But what you say is true, you do have a right to post your thoughts and a warning. So I'm sorry.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

I do not purposefully inject controversy into the forum.
That is a sad interpretation from anyone different from me.
What is true is that I am a minority in several aspects so therefore I am a constant victim of attacks.

hapiest girl
Dec '14

Well, there I will disagree with you.

But I think we'd like to get back to a thread about vaping.

@Darrin: Re: RAD's interesting article posted above: I guess we need to make sure not to buy clones of known devices or mods, is that how you would read it?

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

First off, HG, keep your scare tactics and your pot stirring off my post. I have seen what you purposefully do to other posts. You have NO idea what you are talking about, because you speak from what you read, we speak from experience.

Your post about what is in the juice is nonsense because we all buy quality juice and check our ingredients, and your post about carcinogens is also nonsense because there is nothing burning, as long as you do not dry hit so bad you light your wick on fire, there is no carcinogens to be inhaled. You inhale more harmful toxins by walking by a road. Everything that is in the juice is also in food and drinks that people drink every day, unlike the chemicals they add to cigarettes.

Everything HG said is based off e-cigs, not the vaping like we do, HG, did you even realize there is a difference?, or did you not even bother to read the forum and just open up a rant?

RAD's article was more about mass produced throw away e-cigs rebecka, not vaping like we do. And i do tend to agree, that with the throw away e-cigs, you don't really know what you are getting, and many of them are produced in China.

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Vaping the Five Pawns Black Flag right now. In case you missed my post above (before the nonsense) - you must try this, guys! Best juice I've ever vaped. Tastes like French expresso and dark chocolate to me... tons of flavor and just heavenly. It comes with two little coffee beans in the bottle - cute touch. I know it's more than other juices, but it's worth every penny imho.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Rebecka - is your DH a doctor? I thought he was - interested in his view on vaping

skippy skippy
Dec '14

Rebecka, what vape shops around here have black flag, or do you have to order it?

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Darrin - We pre-ordered ours online weeks ago and it just came. To buy it locally, I bet the Byram shop (the name escapes me) will have it. They said they were going to try to have it for sale the day it was released, and they are excellent for keeping Five Pawns juices in stock. The owner or manager is very into the FP juices.

Skippy - I'll ask DH if he wants to give his thoughts on vaping. I know what he thinks, but i don't want to put words in his mouth.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Did you see about this contest Rebecka?

http://fivepawns.com/five-golden-rings/

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Oh my goodness, no - I'll have to check under our dropper caps. What an elegant way to present a prize - find a golden ring. They are quite the company.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Does amped have the five pawns out for trial? A few of the juices sound so good, now you have me considering, and I really want to try them, for example:

GRANDMASTER: This well-balanced taste of smooth, creamy, rich peanut butter and banana cream is drizzled with velvety caramel, creating a multi-layered and savory symmetry.

And I really want to try this black flag you recommend, described as Decaf double espresso infused with black truffle cream.

Bet skippy would like that one!

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Yes, Amped has them out to try. My problem with that is their test equipment is so sub-par that you don't get a tenth of the flavor on a hit. It's actually easier to *smell* the juice to see if you will like it! I tried Grandmaster (bought a bottle) and it was quite good but not earth shattering, and I really love peanut butter. It just was not as memorable or as remarkable as many/most of their others. In addition to Black Flag and Castle Long, I would also highly recommend Queenside. It is rich and complex, and has the amazing flavor of blood orange on the exhale. Lucena is also top-notch, a great ADV. Perpetual Check is... meh. And the one I can't stand -- the weirdest juice I've ever tasted -- is Absolute Pin. I get black licorice and pine pitch when I taste it. Yuck. And DH loves it, would you believe. So all in the eye (nose?) of the vaper!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Not sure if this is noted in this thread yet but there is a storefront next to Cliffs in town that says coming soon Mama Vapes.

Cliff's -- the ice cream parlor on Main? That would be awesome. And I'm pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned. Thanks for the info!

@Darrin - I forgot to mention FP's Gambit. Another awesome ADV to consider.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Oh a new store in town would be wonderful.....and Im goint to treat myself and my husband to Grandmaster for Christmas....yummmmmmm.......And for peanut butter lovers, Naughty Vape makes Bebe Cakes, and it is Banana slices, Peanut Butter and Vanilla Cupcake....such a rich and delcious flavors together.....

bowie bowie
Dec '14

OMG!!!! A store in town would be awesome! Great news HS! thank you!

peanut butter and banana is one of my favorites, but sweetish fish is my new all time favorite

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Here is my newest setup. It is a plume veil rda, and a skyline m6 competition clone mod, all in gunmetal

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

My new setup! Sigelei box with the tugboat. Figured I would give building coils a try. It's a pain in the a$$ but it's pretty cool to see what the outcome is going to be on each coil I build... What I really like is putting the Atlantis tank on this box mod at 33 watts with Mama's cookies from Adam bomb!

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

For the coil builders what are some coils you like?

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

Look what i got for Christmas from my buddy at work!!!! Kanger subtank!!!

You can use pebuilt .5 ohm coils or 1.3 ohm coils, or you can use a different insert that comes with it and build your own coils.....absolutely in love! It really is the best tank available

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

@Booster - Mama's Cookies is such a delicious vape, isn't it!? One of my faves, too. Bet you'll be blown away by the flavor after you build your own coils and taste it in your new setup. I've never built a coil, but DH has mentioned to me that there is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually fun. I know there's a LOT of experimentation and trial-and-error involved, including the choice and positioning of the wick. So many variables, but once you find out what works for your equipment and your flavor preferences... you may never vape with a pre-built again.

To both of you - sounds like you're going to be having some fun experimenting with your new toys -- I think your co-worker must know you pretty well, Darrin! What a great gift.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Nice setup booster!

My favorite and go-to coil build is a dual 6 wrap 26 gauge, usually comes out to about .4 ohms with that build you can make big clouds! I would say run it 30-40 watts

It all depends what you are after, clouds or flavor

I just built a 8 wrap 22 gauge that is also a monster along with very good flavor

My quad coil, 6 wrap 24 gauge will fog out even a foggy day (.16 ohms)

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Rebecka, he is my mentor, he taught me everything I know about vaping, and if I have questions I go to him (or the internet)

The guys I work with have all quit smoking and vape now instead

Darrin Darrin
Dec '14

Rebecka I read that you liked five pawns, I picked up some gambit. It's awesome!

Dec '14

Gambit - so delicious. A perfect ADV! Love many of the 5 Pawn juices.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Built some coils today but not to sure it's for me.. I'm hooked on the Atlantis tank still... But i did get a new tip!! And some new favors space jam Venus and cuttwood sugar bear

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

I saw this post on the Mama Vapes Facebook page, this was posted yesterday, just passing along the word:
Ok, so some of you already know, but for those of you who don't, Mama Vapes will be opening a second location this Sunday in Hackettstown! The address is 199 Main Street. Please pass the word along and be sure to check out the new shop! Here are some sneak peeks as to what's to come! Will continue to update throughout the week! Keep calm and vape on!

Marko Marko
Dec '14

Yes ! I'm excited to see what they carry....which brands and such...looks nice inside, I peeked in the window, although its all on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mamavapes Perhaps we will see some you there !

bowie bowie
Jan '15

It looks like mama vapes is having a soft opening today from 1-6?

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

To anyone that was able to go....how are the prices, what juices do they carry, please fill us in!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Hello Fellow Vapers! I am Mama Vapes! I just want to say thank you for posting about our new store that has opened at 199 Main Street. We had the privilege of meeting a few of you today from this forum. Thank you for making us feel so welcome in your town. We also have another shop on Route 31 in Clinton. We look forward to meeting and serving you all! Keep calm and vape on!

Mama Vapes Mama Vapes
Jan '15

I went, picked up a bottle of terra vapes mothership. Prices were good, they have a good amount of different liquids. Seems like all premiums, no house juice from what I saw, which is fine because I house juices tend to be flavorless not complex blends, I'd rather pay more for good juice.

Mama Vapes was very nice and extremely helpful. I like the terra vapes blends a lot, so since it's the brand with the biggest variety it's definitely a good shop. I'll still have to drive to amped in byrum to get unicorn milk, but that's fine.

Jan '15

Welcome to the forum and to the town mama vapes! I didn't get a chance to stop by this Sunday, but I am sure we will meet up in the near future. After this Sunday's soft opening, are you now open regular hours?

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Do you carry any kinds of ecigs? My Mom has a problem finding her brands around here.

Christine Christine
Jan '15

What brand do you need?

If I remember you said your mom smokes logic.....I have seen them in most convenience stores all over.

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Yes Logic but the prices vary and are high. Most stores run out before their next order comes in. Would rather buy from a small local business rather a big box store.

Christine Christine
Jan '15

Oh, I thought you said you had problems finding them, seems more like problems with the price or who you buy them from. You can probably also order them online. I cannot speak for mamma vapes, but due in part that e-cigs are commercial made I have not seen (any in my experience) vape shops that carry them.

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

We do have problems finding them. When they finally get them they raised the price 4 times in 6 months. I was hoping a small privately owned store would carry them.

Will have to stop by and check them out.

Christine Christine
Jan '15

We stopped by also. What a nice atmosphere ! Mama Vapes was so friendly and helpful, her whole family was there. Lovely people....I got a juice called Outlaw B&C, very nice ,mild, and prices were good...She did say they would be getting in the Unicorn Milk in the near future....Penningslandscaping, I also tried the Mothership, and that will be our next purchase.. Very nice place, good prices, and right in town....they have places to sit and chat and serve coffee....cant beat that now can you?

bowie bowie
Jan '15

Hi Darrin! Yes we are open officially but will have a grand opening soon. Our store hours are Monday through Friday, 12-8, and Sunday, 1-6. We look forward to meeting you. We do carry a juice called Sinful Strawberry by Mohawk Vapors that is very similar to Unicorn Milk. I think it is a bit nicer as it has not gone to distribution yet. Thank you all again for the kind words and hope to see you soon!

Mama Vapes Mama Vapes
Jan '15

Yeah I really like the lounge atmosphere.

Jan '15

Has anyone else set up a wall/display shelf with their juices? I was so sick of digging through the basket and looking on the shelf in the closet where we kept our juices. I also wanted the bottles more securely stored from our pets. And then I remembered that I had a glass display case that had been in storage for many years. Took it out, dusted it off, and check it out! I am so happy with the result. All of the flavors neatly displayed, and every single bottle we have fits, with not an inch to spare - kind of like it was meant to be. Highly recommend a wall display with your juices if you've got a boatload.

Ok, now for some recommendations of juices that we've recently discovered. DH and I both give these 3 two thumbs up:

Cuttwood's Boss Reserve
Mr. Good Vape's Sundae Funday
Quantum Vapor's Dark Chocolate Strawberry

Quantum Vapor has a great store in Rockaway, and they make some delicious house juices. If you haven't been by to check out their line, I highly recommend it. You can also customize a juice with flavors you want, and they make it right there for you in just a few minutes. We picked out the juice cited above, but there were at least 3 others that were close contenders, and we'll be going back for more. As soon as we free up some room on the wall shelf.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Top shelf first one... Is that mamas cookies!!!

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

That is indeed Mama's Cookies! Very nice, mellow ADV, IMHO. I'm kind of partial to dessert-category juices.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

I think I see yam nog by fluffy clouds in there! Looks great Rebecka!

I am yet to try the five pawns, I have been trying to use up the massive stock of juice I acquired first.

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Come on over and I'll fill up your tank with your choice of Five Pawns juice, Darrin lol. I think we have a pretty decent selection.

That is YamNog, yes. Wish the pic were clearer -- if I had taken it with my camera instead of my phone, we could read the labels. YamNog is definitely a good juice, but for some reason not a fave of ours. Funny how people like different vapes. Our neighbor LOVES anything with mint, so whenever I hit a vape shop, I try to pick up something with it for him. But personally, I'm not much of a mint fan.

Post pics of your juices? Everyone should post a pic of their favorite flavors, actually! That would be fun. That way if I see a visual I might actually *remember* what juices everyone has said they like. I always get to a shop and I'm like... wait, what was that juice that so-and-so mentioned on HL....

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Everyone what's your absolute favorite vape? I gotta go with space jam omega. If you haven't tried it, it's a must

Jan '15

The student has become the teacher on this one Rebecka, your collection of juice far out weighs mine!!! I only have 15 bottles, and they are all 1/2 to 1/4. I am trying to use them up and then I want to move on to some quality juices. I have slowed down considerably so I am no longer going through as much as I used to, but that could just be because how cold it is outside! Here is a snap of my dwindling supply.

I think my all-time favorite still is the Rear-diff by boosted, i LOVE THAT JUICE!
http://www.giantvapes.com/rear-diff/

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Darrin - truthfully, DH is the one who goes over the top and bought a ton of juice. Once something is his hobby, he sort of, shall we say, gets carried away. Of couse I'm benefitting from this, though! He built me a Russian, and that's what I'm using now... and to have such a nice selection of juices right there, well... totally spoiled. If he weren't into it I'd have like 3 juices and still be using my evod starter kit... seriously!

Pennings - all-time favorite - so hard to choose! Depends on what day it is! Right now it's Sugar Bear by Cuttwood.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

p.s. definitely going to try both of your favorite juices.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Good guys in parsipanny is where I get the rear diff from

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

My top 3 are Ruckus gorilla guts, Adam bomb Mamas cookies, and Cuttwood sugar bear.

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

I Just order some space jam Omega flavor and Venus flavor as well as cuttwood sugar bear and boss reserve

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Darrin, space jam omega is awesome, not a fan of Venus, but to each their own.

I haven't tried anything from cuttwood other than unicorn milk, which is what I'm vaping right now. I need to head out to amped today and pick up some more omega, I went through the bottle in two weeks.

Jan '15

How much do they sell them for at amped?

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

$12. Prices for juice tend to not vary from place to place. They usually follow msrp.

Jan '15

Nuff said

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

Just wondering about mama's vapes, always was looking forward to a vape shop in town. I go to amped, but always feel out of place for some strange reason, I am not a cloud chaser and feel perfectly comfortable with a spinner and evod tanks, though I do use a kanger aerotank but feel it is just too much of a pita to carry around. so many shops seem to cater to the young crowd, is it just me? I do have to admit I like it much more than smoking, I am more into the throat hit than anything, vapor production is secondary. is there anyone older than 50 that is into vaping? everytime I go into a store I feel like the oldest guy there, even though I been using nicotine before most of the people in the store were born, just kind of looking forward to a place to feel comfortable.... no slight against youth,(I have a 22 and 20 year old)

bluelinr
Jan '15

I've only been to mama vapes twice only because they are close...i don't like how they sell their wire, 25 ft rolled up to the size of a quarter and its a pain to straighten out.. They didn't have much of a juice selection either.. I prefer amped vapor for my vaping needs.

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

Bluelnr - The inter-generational aspect of vaping is one of the things I find most fascinating! I'm 43, always the oldest person there when I visit a vape shop, and yet I've never felt out of place or gotten any type of attitude or even the slightest weird vibe. On the contrary... I've gotten to chat with the younger generation, and I don't ever normally have the occasion to do this. (We have no children.) Yes, I think vaping is a trend led by people younger than we are. They've put their stamp on it - hipness, tattoos, kind of counter-culture feel... and that might feel funny to us. (It's them marketing to us now!) But I've yet to walk into a shop and not have a young person strike up a friendly conversation. DH is in his 50s, and he says the same thing - it's always kind of fun to walk into a shop, because you're practically guaranteed to meet a young person with tons of character (and possibly tons of piercings!). Vaping is a trend (or hobby or habit, however one chooses to classify it) that transcends age brackets -- and how wonderful, as it's a chance for us to meet each other and talk about something we are all into. In this day and age, I'd call that priceless.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

I did'nt mean I have ever been disrespected or anything like that, and in a year of vaping I have learned alot, It's just that alot of the gear and some clientel seem to just want to blow an atom bomb sized cloud where ever they go. I know from some of my son's friends that you can set off a smoke alarm with vapor, contrary to what many think. I even have small 2200mah batteries that I bring with me, sometimes I sneak off for a vape in places where you are'nt allowed, though I do like my mega-tank at home. I just want to try mamas vapes. I always look for somewhat sweet tobaccos or coffee flavored vapes, any Suggestions?

bluelinr
Jan '15

Coffee-genre flavor I love: https://fivepawns.com/shop/black-flag-fallen/
:-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Don't feel alone..I am in over 60 years and I shop at amped too.I try to go there during the week.the weekends are too busy and if I go there during off hours I feel more comfortable and asking questions are a little less embarrasing...

hickory8
Jan '15

I set off my smoke detectors here and there at home, so yes you can, but it takes cloud sized puffs to do it. Like I literally have to make it so you cannot see in the room and it will go off.

I am waiting on delivery of my space jam and cuttwood juices. The five pawns line is my next try based off Rebecka's recommendation!! :-)

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

looking at this post its amazing the ignorance of some people about vaping and the water vapor we exhale

JFGr8
Jan '15

Can you explain what you are saying jfgr8

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Mamas Vape is so cloudy when I drive by I cant even see inside, surprised that their smoke detectors have not gone off. Saw on news that the sticks have been catching on fire in peoples luggage on airplanes. They are discussing bans.

Christine Christine
Jan '15

it is wise and a habit I have gotten into to leave the tank off the battery if you are putting it in luggage or any bag. I always take the battery out of my mechanical mods when I leave them in the car, it is way too easy for them to fire and literally catch on fire. most smaller "sticks" as christine calls them have a over fire protection. My ego batteries and my itaste, as well as my emech will not let the battery be triggered for more then 10 seconds.

When we went on our honey moon I took 2 egos and 2 itastes with no issue doing this

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

i got five pawns black flag the other day.. It must be that I got 6mg of nicotine because the throat hit is painful to me... Really not that big of a fan of pawns juice. To damn expensive.

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

Booster, not sure what you are using it in, but try a lower power setting, you'll get less vapor and be able to adjust it to your liking.

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

just that people think they are inhaling something that is bad for them.

JFGr8
Jan '15

JFGr8,

You're spreading bad information. It's not water vapor, it's glycerin and propylene glycol, which are both FDA approved food additives.

As you say, it's not bad for you, but its definitely not water vapor.

Bemused Bemused
Jan '15

JFGr8, I think for some people who don't really do their own research and just believe everything they hear it may just be a scare tactic since it has not been approved by the FDA, but chances are within the next few years breathing air will be found more dangerous. All the ingredients in e-juice is found in foods that we eat every day, and have eaten for years, so we have already been exposed to it, only difference is nicotine, but if coming from smoking, it still seems like a step in the right direction.

The only truth in all this is the disposable e-cigarettes, some of which are made in other countries that have different health laws. There can, and has been found to be harmful chemicals in these, but like wise with cigarettes chemicals found are:
Acetone – found in nail polish remover
Acetic Acid – an ingredient in hair dye
Ammonia – a common household cleaner
Arsenic – used in rat poison
Benzene – found in rubber cement
Butane – used in lighter fluid
Cadmium – active component in battery acid
Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes
Formaldehyde – embalming fluid
Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid
Lead – used in batteries
Naphthalene – an ingredient in moth balls
Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel
Nicotine – used as insecticide
Tar – material for paving roads
Toluene - used to manufacture paint
so either way you shake a stick at it, sure not as "safe" as doing nothing at all, but either is leaving your house in the morning

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Found this interesting

Ingredients in the Nicorette QuickMist Spray (FDA Approved):
- 1mg Nicotine
- Propylene glycol
- Anhydrous ethanol (Basically really pure alcohol)
- Trometamol (Pain Reliever)
- Poloxamer 407 (Degreaser - Cleaning Solution)
- Glycerol
- Sodium hydrogen carbonate (Antacid)
- Levomenthol (Menthol - anaesthetic)
- Mint flavour
- Cooling flavour
- Sucralose (Low Calorie Sweetener)
- Acesulfame potassium (Low Calorie Artificial Sweetener)
- Hydrochloric acid - (Enough Said.They approved this for consumption)
- Purified water

Notice Propylene glycol is on that list?

I do have to ask though, what is the hold up in being FDA approved? is it just because they are unsure of the long term health risks?

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

"All the ingredients in e-juice is found in foods that we eat every day, and have eaten for years"

There's potentially a big difference between eating something and inhaling it into your lungs. Just because it isn't inherently toxic, that doesn't mean that it isn't potentially a bronchial irritant with long-term consequences. I'm not saying that it is, either. Happy vaping to those who enjoy it... from reading this thread, it seems to be a hobby that I don't have nearly enough free time to get involved with, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

You don't inhale your food ianimal? my mom always said I inhale my food........

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Okay, so all my new flavors came in today, did some taste testing

Cuttwood sugar bear tastes exactly like rear Diff (my current favorite), so I love it!!

Cuttwood Boss reserve is very enjoyable, and definitely now on my top 5 list

Space Jam Venus is good, but not one of my top five

Space Jam Omega I am not a fan of, not sure if my cotton was soaked in other flavors, but it tastes like you are inhaling Lysol cleaning fluid to me.

So for me, the winner is sugar bear!!! Next i will be trying the five pawns juices that people have listed as their favorites on here, this is fun and eye opening on some other brand juices!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Sugar Bear IS awesome. Still haven't gotten my hands on Rear Diff, but it's on my list!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

I am going to honestly say that I believe sugar bear is my new favorite, so so so similar to rear diff, just slightly sweeter and a little least ginger bread tasting. I have to get up to amped for black flag, castle long, and I want to try grandmaster

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Dual 9 wrap 26 gauge vertical coils!! On the dark horse! I think I'm getting the hang of this coil building stuff.
@darrin you ever build those crazy coils like twisted ones or the Clapton?

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

Very nice coils booster! I have not built anything too wacky, my ADD won't allow me LOL

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Booster - I've got to show my DH what you built. He's going to love it. He's building coils for "The Rose" - a difficult British atomizer, as well as Russians and Kayfuns. And he builds twisted 32s using a drill. Right now I've got a Russain 91 on a Provari 3 and I've got to say it's the best setup I've tried. Love love the P3:

http://www.provape.com/provari3-personal-vaporizer-s/64.htm#

Got it in white and it looks pretty and feminine. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

@ Rebecka ...I'm gonna try some twisted coils in a couple days.... Does he build coils on the regular? You guys ever watch rip trippers on YouTube? That's where I build my coils from watching his videos but he wraps coils like its nothing.

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

Booster - Yes we've watched Rip Trippers! PBusardo is great too. Videos on YouTube I think are the way I think most people learn to build. (WTH did we do before YouTube?!). DH is teaching me some things about building. I can re-wick but haven't attempted a coil build yet.

What is "on the regular?" Not sure what that means.

New topic: DRIP TIPS

Question: do you all have a strong preference for a certain kind of drip tip, or are they just sort of an afterthought? I kind of prefer long ones (giving a cooler hit). Metal are ok, I don't like the feel of plastic. I've never tried glass, and *really* want one made from wood. Does anyone have a wooden one? I just think I would like the way that would feel. Not as cold as other materials.

This is my current setup.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

FOX NEWS on ECIG Myths re: Formaldehyde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyBVzE-TqU

Interesting insight.

Amped Vapor Amped Vapor
Jan '15

Wood would probably get gross very quickly from the wetness of your spit mixed with the wetness of the vape, I don't think that would be too good of a combo. I prefer wide bore muffler tip style, I like the slant. I prefer glass ones, but have metal ones too as every time I drop a glass one it breaks.

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Okay, I got my five pawns Castle Long and Grandmaster.

I am not a huge fan of castle long, but that is a great campfire juice for SURE, on my top ten list, but I don;t think it is worth the price to me

Grandmaster is a wonderful flavor, good for after dinner if you like bananas, IMO a better flavor then Castle long.

I can't wait to got my hands on black flag!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Just noticed that now we have two vape stores on our forum, awesomesauce!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Yes, the biggest drawback of FP juices is the price! I was at Amped yesterday, and they have the Black Flag in stock (and testers out). No Rear Diff, though... I guess that's pretty hard to get. Going to look for it in Parsippany - will probably head over there next week. Got Omega -- it smells delicious and that will be the next thing I put in my tank when I'm finished with the Sugar Bear that's in there. Hope I don't get the Lysol thing going on lol.

Once I tried Sugar Bear, I have to say it pushed Castle Long down one notch! For some reason, Grandmaster doesn't do it for me and I can't figure out why. But CL has to still by my #2 fave. Queenside is... oh heck, it's also #2. That good. Did you test the FP juices BTW at Amped or another store, Darrin?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

I bought two bottles Rebecka. I got my rear diff from good guys in Parsipany, haven't been there for a while though, last i was they had it out for testing.

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

Just built my first Clapton coil. Took me a few times to get this one. Definitely a hard coil to make but the flavor and vapor is great from this!

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

I am impressed!!!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

I found some more very inexpensive juice that seems to be pretty tasty, search Mtbaker on Ebay, they charge $5.89 and free shipping for 30mL and $9.89 free shipping for 50mL

I ordered Sticky bun, Cinnatoast crunch, and banana nut bread.

I will see how they are over time, but first impressions are pretty good for the price.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Mtbaker vapor has a lot of good flavors...they have good deals on the actual website also

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '15

I'm really not crazy about mt baker, but I used mt baker when I was on a much higher nicotine level, and that does affect flavor. Maybe I'll order a few juices from them and see how it goes. I'm just so used to my "go to" flavors now, that I just have no motivation to take a risk on stuff I might not like.

Right now it's:
Time bomb - Julius
Space Jam - omega
Buckshot - .357

I fell out of love with cuttwood unicorn milk. For some reason I just don't like it all the sudden.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Feb '15

I am not a go-to juice type, I like having a full assortment, then every day I choose what juice it will be for the day (nice thing about using dippers) I currently have 20 different flavors of juice. On special days I use the more expensive special juice, on regular days I use the cheap juice.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Got my new wrap for my iPV mini from jwraps.com..... I might get one of the cup holder insert they have which seems pretty neat..

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '15

How do you like the mini booster? is it the v1 30w of the v2 70 watt?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

It's the 30 watt... I like it because it's got some style rather then just a square box... And Its small, not bad to carry around.. Only complaint is that I don't think it gives a true 30 watt when vaping...

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M63ahYRWYAo

Opening Scene of 2 Broke Girls this week show casing vaping

Amped Vapor Amped Vapor
Feb '15

My friend has the same mod and he uses the dc pulse mode all the time, you don't get that cold into hot hit, it pulses the power to create a more steady temp vape.

I am waiting for the ipv4 to come out, it has much more styling then the ipv3. It is 100w and goes to .1 ohm.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

How do you guys like the aspire atlantis tank with the sub ohm replaceable coils?

My kanger subtank just keeps leaking, I replaced the coil and cleaned the tank real good, and it was fine for a few days, and now it randomly leaks again, it varies from nothing at all to soaking my whole mod, I just don't get it and am thinking of trying the alantis instead.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

The Atlantis is the best tank... the coil in those last a long time. Even on the smallest setting it has big air flow... I vape mine at 35 watts on my segeli.. I do build some coils myself usually to try different flavors and when I find one I like I fill my Atlantis up with it

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '15

I've had too many problems with kanger coils turning to garbage in literally 24 hours.

I upgraded my set up to an eleaf istick and an aspire nautilus. Best decision I've ever made. Aspire coils are way better and longer lasting, I wanted a simple set up without having to do any wicking or any serious coiling.

Feb '15

I picked up a small bottle of Suicide Bunny sucker punch and I am liking it! It is dragon fruit with cream.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

For those of you looking to go up a level with you set-up. I recommend building your own basic microcoil and trying rebuildable atomizers.

The level of performance and control that you get is awesome. This guide explains this quite well -

https://www.aussie-ecigarette-reviews.com/info/guides/rebuildable-atomizers-complete-guide

Jake S Jake S
Feb '15

@ Booster & Pennings - I love those tanks, too! I have a mini one and an Atlantis (I think that's the name - the bigger, sub-ohm one). They are truly wonderful machines. Never a problem with that company's products.

Re: wicks: DH is now wicking my Russian with rayon. I like it better than cotton! Smoother and crisper at the same time, IMHO. Maybe give it a try if you haven't.

Jake - many on this thread are building. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Rebecka, on your recomendation I just bought some of the rayon stuff to give it a try

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Let me know how you like it, Darrin. I think it makes most juices smoother. I noticed this especially with Black Flag, which can be throat-hitty/scratchy at higher wattages. With the rayon, I find I can crank up the wattage and it's still very smooth. DH also prefers it now to cotton, but it just may be a phase we're going through - something new. He went in to buy some at Mama Vapes and the owner (her name is on the tip of my tongue) just gave him a foot of it no charge, because she said it's so inexpensive. Very nice of her. We bought some of her line of juices to thank her.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

I just bought some on ebay and it was 5 bucks for 25 feet, so definitely inexpensive, i will give it a try.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Picked up Gorilla guts and mamas cookies off your recommendations. I am on a mission to try everyone's favorite!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Both of those are my top fav.. I just got buckshot C4 , blueberry shortcake and I'm liking it!! Also picked up some new cotton and a drip tip

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '15

OOHHHH! that's the mophisto v2!!! By far my favorite RDA so far! How do you like it?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

I went from the tugboat to this which is like going from a Toyota to a Bentley ... I wanted something with deep juices wells and this definitely has them and the air flow adjustments are a plus.. Looks badass too.

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '15

I love the mophisto V2, no complaints! It has the deepest juice wells I have ever seen. Definitely a huge improvement from the 2 hitter V1

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Rebecka, just re-wicked with the rayon and you are absolutely correct! I love it! I find smoother flavor using rayon over organic cotton. Great tip!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

I thought you might like it, Darrin! :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

@darrin did you ever get the Atlantis tank?

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

Rebecka Darrin Booster or anyone else- out of curiousity about how much would you say you have invested in all your current setups, that remain usable. Obviously you dont have to feel pressured to answer. Im just being kind of nosey. Honestly im curious because I am jst starting down this road and trying to get a feel for this hobby/addiction Lol. Llets face it, im sure its better than say crack or heroin or the likes.

Booster, no not yet, Within the next few weeks I will though. I was told the kanger subtank has better flavor, but the atlantis tank has better airflow.

I was also told that kanger had issues with the first subtank leaking (whats going on with mine) and that is why they put out the nano and mini.

CS, depends what you want, I will give you some rough figures though

My original ego batter + carto was about $14, it still works, I gave one of these to my mother-in-law. (she is my biggest challenge to get to stop smoking)

My itaste VV + Protank mini around $50 bucks for the whole setup...you have to change the coils about every week depending on how much you vape, and the coils are about 2 bucks a piece.

Now my mods:

Any of the mechanical mods you can get a clone with a atty for $50 bucks, a battery is around 10 bucks, you will need a charger, around 25 bucks, and then cotton and wire to make coils is so cheap it is expendable, and most vape shops will give this to you. If you get a special edition, the prices can be sky high, 2-300 bucks just for the tube!!!

My e-mech and kanger subtank, now thats a little more. $80 for the mod, and $45 for the tank. Needs two batteries, so 20 bucks, but it will charge from a cell phone charger (it just takes forever) so a total of $145. Replacement coils for the subtank are about 4 bucks a piece, or you can also make your own

Hope this gives you some ideas

Rebecka, I found this on ebay, thought of you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Pawns-Empty-Steel-Barrel-RDA-RBA-MOD-VAPE-/121582953305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4ee8a359

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

@CS - I can't give you a dollar figure. My DH tends to go a little crazy when he is into something, and it becomes his new hobby. He has bought all my stuff for me, as well as WAY too much stuff for himself that he likes to play with (build coils and rewick) to relax in the evenings. So I don't know how much any of this costs, and it's probably better that way lol! But seriously, you can get a great vape with equipment that doesn't break the bank. Whatever else you spend is just for the fun of it, really.

@Darrin - thanks for that link! Too cool.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

We are still using our Mangoes and our Vision Spinners with Pro Tanks. Still loving it. And no smoking for over 7 months now! We are planning a vacation
with all the money we have saved !

bowie bowie
Mar '15

I meant Kangers...not Mangoes....hahahaha

bowie bowie
Mar '15

Hey no need to be ashamed if you're smoking mangoes over there, bowie. ;-) gotta love autocorrect sometimes...

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

We might as well all submit our 2 cents to the FDA:

http://blog.casaa.org/2015/03/call-to-action-submit-comments-on-fdas.html

Deadline is April 15th, I believe. I'm trying to find a solid, polite way to ask them to keep their noses out of our fun.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Just got it today.......finally!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Feeling excited!!! I just pre-ordered the ipv4 by pioneer4you. It is coming out with a temperature control chip, which means it constantly adjusts the power so that you get the same temp vape, not cold to hot to cold again. More so, it will virtually eliminate dry hits! So excited, can;t wait for it to be released!

My first weeks impression of this aspire tank is that it is better by leaps and bounds then the kanger subtank. I absolutely love this tank and am considering buying a second one!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

It's amazing how much new technology is going into mods now! And what they can fit on tiny chips to control flow of electricity and so many other things. Curious to see how you like the ipv4, Darrin. Sounds like the latest and greatest to date.

My Aspire tank is one of two that I always have going. The other is a Russian. The Aspire is both easier to refill and easier to switch juices (with the pre-made coils) than the Russian (which needs to be rewicked). I find the Aspire vape equal to if not better than the Russian. It is definitely my favorite tank.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Just received my Dillinger clone! Simple, small and looks pretty good on the iPV.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

Nice booster!

Completely in love with the Atlantis tank, so I ordered a Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank with 0.2 & 0.5 dual coils capable of 100 watts!!! Had decent reviews so I figured I would give it a try.

BTW They just released a V2 of the Atlantis tank, as well as a Atlantis Mega, and also a aspire .3 ohm coil capable of 80 watts for these tanks if you want to go even lower!

I personally am now waiting for Aspire to make the NI200 coils for the Atlantis series, they currently have them for the Nautilus series.

I have a friend who bought a rDNA with the temp control and he said it is a whole another level of vaping, so I am excited for the IPV4 to come in!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

We have a crapery right next to the vapory! (Mis-spelled intentionally.)

I have the Arctic Tank and was not to happy with it. I still think the Atlantis is the best tank and did not know they made another one. I have to look this up right now

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

What were you findings with the arctic tank?

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/atlantis200.html

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/atlantis199.html

They just came out, think they may still only be pre order

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

I really didn't get any flavor from the arctic. It has 4 air holes but it seems like it needs bigger holes and it's loud doing lung hits. For me I don't see any reason to go past 35-40 watts. You really have to soak the sh!t out of the coils before you put them in too. I am def gonna get that Atlantis 2.0.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

Oh well if that's the case then yeah, the arctic is not a flavor tank, nor is any dual coil setup really, you always seem to get more flavor with single coils. I bought the arctic strictly for cloud pumping. I was afraid it leaked like hell or something.

I am waiting for my ipv4 to come in because I may get the mega version, I want to see how it would look on the ipv4

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Definitely doesn't leak. If you like the arctic when you get it I'll give you mine for a spare. It's just collecting dust.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

Sweet! I wonder how aspire's new .3 ohm coil will be.

Temp control seems to be the newest thing, they make the coils for the kanger su tank but not for the Atlantis yet. I stopped using the su tank because it leaks like a siv!!!!! It's horrible, and their customer service is playing tag with taking care of the issue.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

my next mod is probably gonna be the vapor shark rdna 40. And hopefully aspire makes nickel wire coils.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

the rdna is way expensive. I pre-ordered the ipv4 for 79 bucks, and that will have temp control.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Yeah it is up in price but for me its worth it. Gonna be my last mod purchase (Hopefully) It's got all the functions, flat black look, not to big, and only goes up to 40 watts. I don't vape higher then that.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

"Gonna be my last mod purchase (Hopefully)" You won't be offended if I laugh will you? LOL! I have heard and said that before!

Hey btw, have you tried getting the single coils for that arctic tank? You may want to try them before you give it away. I have a friend who just got the arctic and they are in love with it. But if you just want to get rid of it, I am not stopping you, and my hands are open lol!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

I used the .5 dual coils... I would think the single coils would be like vaping on the Atlantis tank.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

i agree, that's why i was saying try them since you like the Atlantis lol. They also have a .2 and 1.2 in single coil.

My buddy who has started using ni200 said he is never going back to plain vaping, guess it's that good.....I will get to try his rdna and ni200 kanger tank tomorrow, so i will let you know if it is really better then sliced bread!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

What is a good vape to get for someone who is not a heavy smoker and smokes light cigs, but looking to quit and what level would be good to start at that won't be too harsh? You all seem so knowledgable any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

just saying is all just saying is all
Apr '15

I use a Kanger Mini Protank 3 with the adjustable air flow.

I have found that Johnson's Creek Smoke Juice to be one of my favorites.

Since I smoked menthol's I went with the Silverthorn Menthol. But if your just looking for tobacco flavor they have many...The Red Oak Silverthorn is good as well.

NJSkyWatcher NJSkyWatcher
Apr '15

I would watch some YouTube videos. Look up indoor smokers. He has great videos for basic setups to quit smoking.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

just saying, this should help you, just know that nicotine can be ordered in almost any level, not just the ones listed, I usually use 3mg. Try going to a vape shop and sampling the juices, most places have a juice bar with batteries, tanks, and disposable tips, so you don;t need any of your own equipment to try, so go try and see what flavor YOU like, cuz what we like might not be what you like!

Here's A Helpful Chart That Displays Nicotine Levels:

0mg/mL Nicotine This means that there is no nicotine in your E-Liquid mixture.
Zero nicotine levels are usually ordered by people who have quit smoking but still have an oral fixation and use an electronic cigarette to satisfy it.

6mg/mL Nicotine This level of nicotine is the lightest level offered.
For people who wish to enjoy the smallest possible nicotine level while still enjoying a full E-liquid taste.
This is commonly the last level in "stepping."

12mg/mL Nicotine On the lower end of the spectrum, 12mg/ml is a comfortable level for people who prefer nicotine, but aren't heavy vapers.
This level is also common for people who used to smoke light cigarettes.

18mg/ml Nicotine This is the middle of the road in terms of nicotine.
Most vapers who were former smokers enjoy this level because it delivers the perfect amount of nicotine in each vape.

24mg/ml Nicotine This is on the high side of nicotine levels and is commonly preferred by people who were formally heavy smokers (about a pack per day).
It has a noticeable nicotine level that many former smokers enjoy.

36mg/ml Nicotine This is the highest concentration of nicotine that we offer our customers.
People who prefer this level are usually former smokers with a serious addiction, usually meaning more than two packs per day.

http://www.vapertrain.com/page/hdics

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Sweet! I wonder how aspire's new .3 ohm coil will be.

Temp control seems to be the newest thing, they make the coils for the kanger su tank but not for the Atlantis yet. I stopped using the su tank because it leaks like a siv!!!!! It's horrible, and their customer service is playing tag with taking care of the issue.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

So far, I am not greatly impressed with the arctic tank, although some of my friends say it is much better at higher wattage with their ipv3s, so it may just be that my 30 watt box, or my mechanical mod can not produce enough power for the .5 ohm dual coil, so I am waiting till my ipv4 comes in before I shelf it, so far I am experiencing exactly what booster said, very little flavor, but it has not leaked.

I still crown the atlantis as king, going on 3 weeks on the same coil, and have only been using this tank, that's freaking amazing! I must admit that I am starting to get a bit of a fall off and have cranked it to 30 watts to get the hits I used to be getting at 25 watts, so a new coil may be due soon, but with zero leaking and virtually no spit back, I love this tank! Cannot wait for the .3 ohm coils to come out!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Agree - it's amazing what you can get out of one of these coils. I get sick of the juice I'm vaping before the coil wears out! (Do you guys stick to one juice, or put others in using the same coil? It kind of mixes the flavors, I would think?)

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

I always use the same coil, unless I am using a very potent juice that totally clashes with the next flavor, in which case I take everything apart, rinse everything including the coil very good with warm water, and then allow it to completely dry before putting it back together.

Sometimes I will also just fill the tank 1/4 of the way with the next flavor, and vape that out until it is empty again, and then fill all the way.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Oh wow - didn't know you could rinse out the coil and let it dry and reuse with other juice. Nice. Going to start doing this.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

Yeah you definitely have to crank the watts up on the arctic and watch your battery drain! I vape my Atlantis at 35 watts. When changing juice I use the same coils only with similar flavors, like I keep fruits with fruit flavors and desserts with desserts and so on.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

Do you guys know if the .3 coils will work in the first Atlantis? Did you pre order the Atlantis V2?

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

I have not pre-ordered the atlantis v2, because i am trying to decide if I want the mega instead for the ipv4. I hope the .3 coils fit the first one, I would think they should, other wise they would of named it differently (i would think)

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

F#ck Yeah!!!

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

About time!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

So full fledged shopping spree today...i bought

cloupor mini 30 watt
ipv mini 2 70 watt
atylantis v2

I have a problem.........

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Gotta give us a review on the Atlantis V2 when you can. I got the vapor shark rdna40 and I'm just waiting for the nickel coils to come for the Atlantis. Can't wait to try the temp control on it.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

I tried my friends rdna40, and it may of just been his settings, but I didn't like it. It was way too hot of a vape, and consistently hot, where as I am used to vaping until it gets too hot and then releasing. But like I said, he may of just had it set very high. The one thing i did try though which was awesome is that you practically eliminate dry hits. I held the fire button for like 6 seconds before even taking a hit, and it was still a perfectly even vape.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Look at this little guy!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

How do you like the mod? And where did you get that skull band?

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

the skull band is called a vape band, I got it on ebay from a seller called iislingink, but the guy is a *ick...lol. I had emailed him about the print wearing off in less than two weeks and he gave me a total attitude. They have a bunch of different bands, I have ones that say don't drip and drive, just vape it, etc.... I bought them from a seller sgtpeppers2015, they are thinner, but at 3 for the price of the one black one you cannot go wrong.

The band is so that if your mod tips over, it protects the tank from cracking.

As far as the Cloupor mini, it is only 30 watts, but it is so compact it is amazing. I originally bought this for my mother in law to help her stop smoking, but upon trying it, I had to buy a second one for myself. At under 40 bucks, you cannot go wrong!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

New ipv 2....loving this color!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Did you try the Atlantis V2 yet?... Still debating if I should get it or just the coils for the first one.

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

the v2 has not come in yet. I think the only difference is it is a little longer for the cooling air valve, and it is 3ml instead of the 2ml of the first one.

but.... I am loving the arctic tank on the ipv mini. at 70 watts this setup is a beast!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

I no longer vape. :-( Got pneumonia and had it bad for 10 days. Obviously couldn't vape. So I just kinda quit. I miss it, but... probably for the best/won't pick it up again. (DH still big vaper, though.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

Hope youi are okay rebecka!

Here is my new IPV mini V2 with the Atlantis V2!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

So initial impression, it has HUGE airflow compared to the V1, but I feel the heat control tip cuts down on the vapor production since you are just inducing air, I probably will end up just shutting this. I would probably only use this at higher wattage when the vape is getting hotter then desired, but you still want to be at that power level.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

How many watts are you cranking on it

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

50 Watts with the .3 coil. I honestly feel like it has too much airflow, I find myself cheating the air valve closed. Also this tank has two air slots where the V1 has one air slot. I have the air adjustment for the tip closed because I felt it took away from your pull through the coil.

I am amazed at the battery life of the ipv mini 2 at 50 watts, last a lot longer then I thought it would.

Also to add, the tank looks like it is longer with 1ml more capacity and the tip air valve, but it is the same exact length as the V1

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

I just upgraded to a eleaf with a mini nautilus aspire tank.. (bear with me I have no idea what I am talking about) I find that I dont get much flavor from vaping... Maybe I am doing something wrong.... any hints????

Could be the juice you are getting. There are a lot of juices that suck with flavor. Look on a bottle of your juices what's the PG/VG ratio?
The higher the PG the more flavor you will get

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

ok so higher PG.. Got it. I am not sure but I will check now!

Feel better Rebecka ! Thats terrible....takes a long time to recover....I work in the hospital and see so many people really sick with it.....sending good vibes for a quick recovery.......all the best.....

bowie bowie
Apr '15

I placed an order from an online store that allows you to adjust bottle size, flavor level and PG ratio... On a friends recommendation. Awesome prices so I am really hoping the juice tastes good!!!

Oh my... I've just found a flavor I love, and it's all natural / organic and made with 100% VG: http://alchemy-e-lixirs.com/shop-100-vg-all-natural-organic/

james619 james619
Apr '15

Silver IPV4 has been released, my buddy got his, still waiting on my black one, they changed from the original design and they still have not been released. Pic attached of the new design for the black one.

Darrin Darrin
May '15

Darrin - post a pic of all your mods, etc! You must have quite a collection by now.
Hey, everyone should. Would be nice to see what all you have.
Thanks for the nice wishes, guys. Feeling better but still haven't picked up vaping... but miss it a LOT.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Ask and you shall recieve

Darrin Darrin
May '15

Nickel coils are definitely the way to go!! No more dry/burnt hits.

Booster90 Booster90
May '15

My ipv4 came in!!! Temp control here i come!

Darrin Darrin
May '15

My ni200 coils came in for my Atlantis v2, and let me tell you, I am SOLD! so much smoother and steady vape, love it!

Boosted, It may just be the pic, but make sure you cotton holes are lined up with the openings in the top shroud of your atlantis, it affects how much juice gets into the coil, if they are blocked they can actually get air bound and you do not get full juice flow into the coil because of the trapped air. (pic attached)

Darrin Darrin
May '15

I am officially confused. I am using brand new imren (purple) supposed 40A, 2500 mah batteries in my new IPV4 and the ipv4 wont even turn on, yet these batteries charge fine and work fine in both mech mods and multiple other VV/VW devices (an old emech and a ipv MINI V2). But if I put my old crappy panisonic batteries in the IPV4 it works fine, if I use my Imren (black) 3400 MAH batteries, it works fine. What could possibly be causing this?!?!

Darrin Darrin
Jun '15

Darrin I'm going to put DH on the case when he gets home from work. He's really great at electrical/battery/energy stuff.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

He's as confused as you are Darrin! No ideas as to why that is happening. There must be a vaping forum where someone would be able to help you out?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Maybe the battery terminals are different on the iPV vs the other mods?

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '15

The batteries in question did work in the ipv4 originally, then I started having issues with it locking up, which I had to remove the batteries and put them back in, and it would go back to working. Which then turned into not working at all with the batteries in question. Put different batteries in the IPV and it works fine, but the supposed "bad" batteries in other vv/vw devices as well as a few mech mods, and they work fine LOL!

I have heard certainty batteries have some sort of memory function but I don;t know if this pertains.

I have reached out to the seller of the ipv as well as the battery manufacturer.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '15

Benny's Brew by Archetype Blends is fantastic!

http://www.giantvapes.com/archetype-blends/

Brought me back onto the vaping scene. In case anyone is looking for a new flavor. (The description doesn't do it justice.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Just started in this whole vaping thing. Was hooked on Blu and decided I needed something better. I purchased a setup from amped vapor in Byram 2 days ago. Have to say I was not at all impressed with the store. The employee at the counter was cold, was smoking while helping me and made me feel as if I was not worth his time. Could be me being 56 yrs old and the entire store being very young. Not to mention later searching of the product I bought made me realize that I payed much too much for it. Does anyone have any recommendations of shops in the area other than amped? I don't like the fact that I feel I was taken advantage of and ripped off. Would like to find a place that is more friendly to beginners and more honest with their pricing.

rob_fischel rob_fischel
Jun '15

every retail shop is very expensive... I buy everything online now.

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '15

Good guy vapes in Parsippany, i have not tried mamas yet.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '15

I wanted to let you guys know of a great brand, it's available at mama vapes in low Nic, but also available at good guy vapes in parsipanny.

Adirondack vapor. $15 for a 30ml, and it is the best brand I've ever had. Personal favs are Seneca, miracle on ice, placid and Cayuga.

Jun '15

Brings up a good point penn, what is everyone's current favorite flavor, and if you can list a brief actual flavor description. I have been doing a lot of bouncing back and forth,
but have been staying on the fruitier side of things, spurberry by mt baker vapor has been good.

I also have the Atlantis mega tank now, my friend got it for me for my birthday., running a ni200 coil

Darrin Darrin
Jun '15

I went to good guy vape the other day. Thanks so much for the recommendation guys. Seems much more professionally run. I ended up picking up a bottle of tally ho and damn is it good. The guy who helped me was very nice and answered all my questions and even showed me how to change my coils. The guy at amped told me to just look at YouTube instead of him showing me. Looks like I found my new shop. Needless to say I won't be recommending amped to anyone in the near future even though they are right in my town.

rob_fischel rob_fischel
Jun '15

Glad you liked them, they have always been my go to. I have been to amped, but seem to have similar experiences as you, that's why I always recommend good guys. I cannot recommend a shop I have not yet tried.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '15

Booster, I just ordered a bottle of the milkman, looking forward to getting it in, it sounds delicious!

Darrin Darrin
Jul '15

Ok, I'm going to share a secret find with y'all. ;-) A juice called "Fluke" is a strong contender (against Sugar Bear, now called Sugar Drizzle) to be my all-time favorite juice. It beats all of the Five Pawns juices, and all other "exclusive" blends. And it's a house-made juice by Lehigh Valley Vapes! So affordable, and beyond delicious. If I had to pick one only one juice I could ever vape again, this might be it.

Peanutty and creamy... but a magical combination of these two flavors. This is the only place to get it online:

http://lehighvape.com/products/fluke

It's like vaping these wafer cookies in the pic. (remember them)? Yum.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

Picked up some Unicorn Milk and tally ho wayfarer.

The tally ho is a new flavor that is Jelly doughnut with confection sugar, and at good guys it is only 15.99 for a 35 ml bottle! Delicious juice

Darrin Darrin
Aug '15

Darrin - DH is into Tally-Ho right now. I think someone gave him a bottle of it, and he really likes it.

Me: after vaping Fluke non-stop for the past couple weeks (and not even getting sick of it) I decided I better try something else before I can't taste it any more. Just tried yet another wonderful flavor by Lehigh Valley Vapes: Banana Cream Pie, which was recommended to me by someone who said it was his favorite vape. It's also awesome! I don't know who is coming up with the juices over there, but they're really doing something right:

http://lehighvape.com/products/banana-pie-with-meringue-topping

Good prices and really great service, too. They are my favorite place to order juice from online, because they're not far away, and the juice gets here quickly.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

Code 10OFF gets 10% off juices from Lehigh Vapes until 10/4.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

My friend just got the snow wolf......hmmmmm thinking about another purchase!

http://www.asmodus.com/SnowWolf-200W-Variable-Box-Mod-Temperature-Control-p/snowwolf-200w.htm

Darrin Darrin
Sep '15

I also Just performed an update to my ipv4, it now goes to 120 watts, as well as supports NI200 wire, as well as titanium wire!!!

Darrin Darrin
Sep '15

120w! Holy crow. Temp control only works if you are using nickel wire in your coils, right, Darrin? Why do you need that many watts - sub-sub-ohm stuff?!

I just got my first IPV mod and it works amazingly well with the Aspire Nautilus tank. And the new premade coils for this which are made with cotton are outstanding. Really good combo here for those who don't build coils.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '15

With temp control you use Ni200 (nickle) wire. Now with the new update I can also use titanium wire. The Ni200 runs about 0.15 - .2 ohms

Darrin Darrin
Oct '15

New juice review: Bird Brains by Cuttwood. I cracked up when I smelled this. It's note-for-note, spot-on Fruit Loops in milk. It's a great ADV and makes me smile thinking of Saturday mornings when I was a kid and allowed to eat cereal lol! You will think of the Toucan Vaping this stuff!

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '15

Oh yeah!!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '15

What you guys think?

Bought these nail polish shelves on amazon, they mount anywhere with two screws....perfect for juices!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OGQIQ3C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Darrin Darrin
Oct '15

Bought a new mod, the IPV D2.....same power and temp control as the IPV4, but the same size as a cloupor mini!

Darrin2
Nov '15

Just joined the vaping ranks with an MVP 3.0 Pro and a Kanger NEBOX.

Loving it so far.

hangfire
Nov '15

Welcome, hangfire!

Darrin - don't laugh but I liked your shelves so much I ordered some. For my nail polish. :-P

I think the IPV D2 is the one I have. It's amazing. The battery life will blow you away, and it has the best hand-feel IMHO, too.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '15

Welcome Hangfire!

I was going to say Rebecka, I noticed it after I posted it. Are you running the ni200 coils in that? I believe they make them for your Nautilus, and the battery life will be even more because temp control uses less power.

Lol, that's funny, hey, anyway I can help!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '15

Still rocking the old school tugboat! I just received the Suck My Juice line.. Element vape had all 5 15ml on sale for like 30 bucks and every flavor is on point with what the flavor should be. Definitely recommend this juice

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '15

Let everyone in on a little gold gem i found.......

http://www.yougotejuice.com/

20 bucks for 120ml!!!!!!!!!!!

and 24 bucks for 5 juice 30ml sampler

you just cannot beat it! I am vaping the strawberry custard now and it is delicious!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

YES!!!! New IPV5 Came in today! 100J on NI200 120J on titanium! 200W on kanthal

Darrin Darrin
Jan '16

New setup, IPV5 with SMOK TFV4 using stainless steel temp control, so much more flavor!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

How much flavor can one man handle? I think your head is going to explode from flavor overload (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '16

Just got some good flavors..

High Five from Good Life Vapor. An oak tobacco, madagascar vanilla, and aged bourbon.

Django from 13th Floor Elevapors. Vanilla, caramel and flue cured tobacco.

Very tasty!

I've come to the conclusion that certain candy/fruit flavors are not for me.

Jun '16

I am still on the yougotejuice.com kick. I just ordered more a few days ago. It sounds like, and looks like there is some new great flavors out there.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '16

I recently tried zamplebox. Have to say I am pretty happy. You tell them the flavors you like and dislike and they send you a monthly box.

First two months had a few I didnt like till I got my likes/dislikes adjusted.

I havent taken the leap into an RDA yet but considering it. RIght now using an IJoy solo mini 75w w/ TC and a Sense Baijiada Mermaid Plus Sub-Ohm TC Tank.

Jun '16

Oh and if you go to vapes.com you can pickup 100ml for $10. Lots of flavors!

https://www.vapes.com/products/100ml-juishy-ejuice

Jun '16

Does anyone know the health consequences, if any of vaping? I am afraid to try it.

Heidi Heidi
Jun '16

IMHO it cannot be worse then actual smoking, but finding factual info is tough.

The pros outweigh the cons

Darrin Darrin
Jun '16

NYSkyWatcher, good find, I just ordered 3 100mls, will update with a review of the flavors!

Darrin Darrin
Jun '16

"Does anyone know the health consequences, if any of vaping?"

A good rule of thumb is that intentionally inhaling anything but air into your lungs is probably a bad idea. Not that I'm judging... I smoked for about 30 years before quitting last August.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '16

I tried the turkish tobacco and hated it.

Too flowery tasting for my liking.

Jun '16

I got my first zamplebox today and am loving it! Such a great deal! We'll see how the juices are as the subscription continues, but on the first box they sent me (15ml each):

#Royal Flush - strawberry cheesecake
Caramel Milk - creamy caramel with hints of custard
God's gift - strawberry kiwi & guava nectar
Vanilla Cloud - creamy vanilla custard & cookie crust
Volume - strawberry lemonade
Wolf Eyes - Huckleberry strawberry lemonade

All for $24.99 Shipped

Darrin Darrin
Jun '16

I just can't get over the fact that E-Cigarettes look so bulky and awkward.

"Wow, look at that guy over there vaping! He's so cool! I bet he gets ALL the girls" -said literally nobody ever

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jun '16

E-cigs look like a normal cig.

Has for your other comment I don't get it

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '16

Nice Darrin. The Caramel Milk sounds nice..as well as the Vanilla cloud.

Stopped by Mama Vapes in town and picked up a new one. Campfire Jack by The Architect. Graham Cracker Cinnamon Liquor. It's really quite tasty and I am really enjoying it.

Jun '16

I dont need to get girls.... I am happily married.

Don't get where you are coming from with that comment. Vaping is a choice as opposed to smoking. It smells great and does not sink up clothes or cars.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '16

Haha Darrin, I was just joking. If it's legal and you do it on your property or in designated areas, I have no problem with it ;)

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jun '16

Just wondering if there are any long term vapers that now stick to only one flavor. I started vaping nearly 3 years ago and the first 2 years sampled over 500 flavors from probably 30 or 40 companies. The past year, I have only vaped Blueberry Pancakes from Quit That Grit. I'm now vaping 0 mg nicotine, but admit I am still addicted to the smoking/vaping routine.

slade v 2.0 slade v 2.0
Jun '16

Slade, that seems to be pretty common. Durasmoke Fireball 0.6% is the only "flavor" that my subtank mini is filled with these days. Tried so many in the past but now stick to one. It is enjoyable. Most don't like Fireball, but hey it's good.

What's everybody's current setup?
On the left is when I go out and on the right for home.. Twisted messes rda on the nugget and crown on the reuleaux rx200

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '16

Eleaf iStick (the original) with a Kanger mini pro tank 2.

slade v 2.0 slade v 2.0
Jun '16

I have too many to list, but my normal go to is my ipv4 running a atlantis Mega with ccell ceramic temp sensing coils.

At home I mix between dripping with my ipv mini 2 with a mephisto v2 rda or my ipv5 with a smok tfv4

My ipv4/atlantis setup is still my all time favorite.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '16

TC Istick 40w with a Kanger subtank with a 0.5ohm coil. Big enough clouds but not ridiculous. The box mod imo is a perfect size.

Interesting

https://inhalehealth.com/discovery/1/

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

New vape store coming in next to ihop in town called good luck vapes! Chatted with the owner Dennis and said opening September 1st!

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '16

I would say I am excited, but I have not even been to mamas vapes yet. I order all my goods online, you save a pretty penny.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

just got a Kanger Protank 4 and they finally figured out how to make refilling not a hassle! 5 seconds to fill your tank as opposed to taking the damn thing apart every time!

Darrin, Just curious so don't get upset over this question. How do you know its cheaper to buy online then in Mamas Vape if you haven't gone in there?

I know a few people who buy online for convenience.

Christine Christine
Aug '16

Christine, the prices i get online just cannot be matched by stores. Esentially by buying online you can buy from supliers.

For instance the yougotejuice site i buy from is 20 bucks for 120ml free shipping. Its their juice, no resalers to mark up the price.

I am also a member of zample box. I get 6 15ml random flavors once a month for under 30 bucks shipped.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

I am afraid this is all foreign to me but do stores make their own juice?

Christine Christine
Aug '16

Some stores actually do, but only the flavor/nicotine side. They buy the flavor, nicotine, and pg/vg seperatly and mix to your liking right in front of you.

Other stores have a "house" brand that is made by a supplier for them with their name on it.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Thanks Darrin

Christine Christine
Aug '16

New place just opened by the I-Hop in Hackettstown

Just because propylene glycol is in antifreeze doesnt mean its toxic.... you know whats also in antifreeze? water... heres a blog that explains what exactly is in e-liquid
http://blog.jvapes.com/e-liquid-ingredients-what-is-in-e-liquid/

adam garcia adam garcia
Jan '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.