Domestic White Graylag Geese

On my way to work thru Fairfield I always see 50+ domestic white graylag geese living on the side of two bridges road some have been hit bye cars I want to grab 1 or 2 males and bring them back to my farm I have a few ponds id feed them they make good pets. Is that legal ?

Farmer t
Jul '14

Even if it was legal, would you want to interfere with a natural group of geese? Would you want someone to put you on a plane the equivalent of a few thousand miles away and say "there you are, you can thank me later after I feed you and take care of you"?

Resist that urge. Wild animals aren't pets. Instead maybe try to help find ways so they aren't in danger from passing cars.

Ok I'll just let them starve get ran over and die. I'll just go buy some . There not wild there domestic they can't even fly there breed for meat . I just thought I'd rescue one its better than buying them from a breeder .

Farmer t
Jul '14

Nice thought. The geese (greylag) that lived at waterloo village are gone. I think it would be lovely to relocate the group getting hit by cars. Suppose the state would need to be consulted.

A good day
Jul '14

Farmer t - Did you have a question, or just a statement?

Go for it Farmer1. If I were a goose I'd rather live on a farm than get runned over by an idiot on their cell phone. The same people biotching about relocating the geese would probly think nothing of flying halfway across the world to adopt a little China doll to bring back here .

jerseycash5
Jul '14

Both lol

Farmer t
Jul '14

I don't see why it would be illegal theres some greylag and Chinese geese too. It's in a area that was flooded and there is a lot of abandoned homes maybe they were pets and got out .

Farmer t
Jul '14

call the town and see if it is. get in contact with your local govt animal control there are always ways to find out if you can. maybe they belong to someone? who knows.

yourATTguy
Jul '14

Go get them geeses! It's a fabulous idea so don't listen to all those nay Sayers. Just take heed, male geese who have been living in the wild are Satan incarnates. You will need a net with a verrrrry long pole. A snack with a pillow case isn't going to work. Please consider inviting me over for your Christmas goose dinner!!!! YUMMMM! It reminds me of home and mother!

GoFarmer1 GoFarmer1
Jul '14

I stopped and grabed on with my hands there not nasty like Canadian geese I put it in my truck and some tree hugger stopped and said put it back! Lmao so I did I hate nj I'll just have to buy some .

Country side
Jul '14

If you take em, you should take the mated pairs, if you can tell who's who.

"Goose pairs generally remain faithfully united until death unless "dramatic circumstances" intervene"

http://www.articles.lovecanadageese.com/lifemates.html (refers to all geese not just Canadian)

hktownie hktownie
Jul '14

That's a very good point hktownie.

positive positive
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.