Loud Saw Sound 530am IAO Countryside Dr 7/26/14

Isn't there a noise ordinance in Hackettstown? We have been awoken by the CONSTANT sound of someone operating what sounds like a wood saw and hedge trimmer in the area of Countryside Drive since around 5:30am this morning !!!! I am sure neighbors closest the source would be calling the PD already or standing at this persons property with bleary bloodshot eyes and frying pans in their hands!

Thank you,
Resident living on Old Allamuchy Road, Hackettstown

WokenFrom SoundSleep WokenFrom SoundSleep
Jul '14

I think they should have waited until at least 7 to start working. But now that you're up.....carpe diem!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Possibly a tree branch fell during the night and it needed to be taken care of right away? If it's one time only, not so bad. Unless they woke the baby. Then find them and givem' hell :)

Hackettstown has no noise ordinance or farm animal ordinance. The state has ordinances and all Hackettstown has to do is adopt them.

ignatz ignatz
Jul '14

7am on a Saturday? I think 8am is appropriate and 9am on Sundays.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

I agree that 5:30 is pretty early. But 8 or 9?! Really?? Dont be so unreasonable! Some people make a living that involves running loud equipment. Sorry someone doing their job is interrupting your Sunday beauty rest. You need to be more understanding. Every hour of work counts when you are making money to support a family, in a tough economy.

wordofstyle
Jul '14

THEY need to be more understanding when people get up at 4am 5/6 days a week to go to work and support their family and Sunday is the only day they get to sleep in.

Jul '14

LOL I get up at 5 during the week and never sleep past 6 on weekends. So it doesn't bother me. My husband likes to sleep late on weekends, but he could sleep through the sound of a dump truck driving through a nitro glycerine plant. Our neighbors are constantly running chainsaws, lawn mowers, tractors, etc. at all hours. No big deal.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

I though Hackettstown had a noise ordinance ?? I know Mansfield Twps. dosnt have one

MOM OF BOYS MOM OF BOYS
Jul '14

You are right. The world should stop and give you your sunday rest. Sorry sweetheart but the world doesn't revolve around you. Very selfish. You want silence on your day of choice, invest in sound proof windows. Less complaining, and more understanding and you might be slightly less angry with the world and sounds around you.

wordofstyle
Jul '14

Go live in the middle of the woods if you don't want noise.

springlover springlover
Jul '14

I'm with Woken, if a loud saw was running at 5:30am I'd be annoyed too.

JerryG JerryG
Jul '14

Those workers who need to make noise at 5:30 AM on the weekends don't get paid unless people who work M-F get some rest on the weekends. Why not let those inconsiderate people use their noisy equipment 24/7? Screw those people who sleep in to 9AM on the weekends. Wow we really need some compassion "wordofstyle". Maybe if you like noise at all hours you should move to NYC? LOL!

Redwing
Jul '14

Some people just lack in the common courtesy department others just enjoy being a PIA. Then there are those that are just plain STUPID.

ignatz ignatz
Jul '14

Maybe the above was for a real emergency, but thinking back after Hurricane Sandy, although there was quite a bit of tree damage all around me, no one started the cleanup at 5:30 any morning. 7:00 am was about the earliest we would hear the chainsaws going, but that was for a once in 100 year reason. Rose colored glasses on, I prefer to think whoever was making all the noise had other things planned for the day and needed to start at 5:30 in order to keep other important commitments later in the day...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jul '14

Depending on my job schedule, I sometimes get up as early as 3am and am on the road by 3:30am.

I don't think it's too much to think that, with the exception of a true emergency like a tree onto a house or power line, 5:30am is too early to be making that kind of noise. I think 7:00am, even on Saturday or Sunday, would be an acceptable time to start with tools like woodsaws and hedgetrimmers.

After all, according to the National Weather Service, dawn was at 5:19 this morning and sunrise at 5:55. For crying out loud,it wasn't even fully light at 5:30.

JerryG JerryG
Jul '14

Dump truck driving though a nitroglycerine plant. I'm gonna use that one, thanx.

fitter fitter
Jul '14

+1 Ignatz. I would have been ticked off too, Woken.

Wordofstyle - I think you are the one who needs to be more understanding.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

+1000 Rebecka

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

On what planet is 5:30 AM an appropriate time to be running a chain saw or gas powered weed whacker?? DPW avoiding a disaster is a given regardless of time. But I don't care what you think your need to make a living outweighs common sense, it's no time to be working. Daylight savings is just that. It gives you enough time to do as many jobs as needed. Excessive noise at 5:30 AM is just as selfish.

We start work at 8am on weekdays, 9am weekends, anyone operating equipment before that is just rude.

The only time I think it's acceptable is in emergency situations. Tree fell and needs to be cleared or noise from snow removal.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jul '14

Wordofstyle, you are the selfish one. Start work at 8 or 9am on the weekend and finish an hour later. Its called compromising. Glad to see the majority agrees with me.
If its an emergency, then absolutely it has to be done.
Not because wordofstyle thinks he/she is the king. Lol.
Thanks Penningslandscaping for being an respectable company.
I guess wordofstyle thinks its ok too for the neighbors to be setting off fireworks at 2am and 3am, during the week.SMH! I bet if the noise was in his/her neighborhood, they'd be the first ones calling to complain.

Jul '14

Thanks for being a human being Penningslandscaping. I know at least one other landscaper I'll never use.

Dear woken.... wouldn't it have been nice of you to go over and see what the noise was before posting and assuming???? maybe an emergency?? maybe not???....then post about a "Rude" neighbor or someone in "Need" of help... just saying :)

scoop scoop
Jul '14

Go over and see what the noise was... at 5:30 am? I don't know about you, scoop, but I for one am neither dressed nor in any mood to conduct noise investigations at 5:30 am.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

I was wondering that myself - not my shining hour - I do believe I would have called the police non emergency number and asked them to investigate.................

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

who runs chainsaws at 5:30 in the morning?

i don't get it, that's too early for firing up power tools,

rule of thumb; keep it between 9am and 6pm,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '14

Night shift workers probably aren't amused by this topic. They deal with this stuff every day.

So, was this a one time thing or is there a pattern of someone intentionally wanting to piss off their neighbors? Poor judgement? Deadline to get a project complete?

Not that it matters. Tomorrow, or next week or the week after there will be another event that pisses someone off somewhere. I can't imagine that we are running out of excuses to dictate the behavior of other people.

justintime justintime
Jul '14

Penningslandscaping ... I liked your post which tells me you are a very responsible and respectful person, and run your business responsibly and respectfully. When I next need a landscaper, it will be you that I call.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.