Do men ever grow up?

Sorry guys! I know there are a few of you who are decent, respectful men. Unfortunately this weekend I have seen just the opposite.
Yesterday I went to Walmart around midday. The parking lot was quite full and I had to park pretty far away. As I was walking toward the store, two cars started to back out at the same time. One had a man and the other a woman. The woman tapped her horn to let him know she was there.

Next thing I know the man hops out of his car and starts smacking his chest, and yelling "Are you really blowing your horn at me?" repeatedly. He is standing in the middle of the parking lot making a scene and progressively getting louder each time he says it. Now I'm guessing this man to be in his 30's. I'm not talking about some teenage kid who is just full of testosterone.

Of course I certainly can't let this go without expressing my thoughts on the situation lol! So I say "Are you really going to start a fight with a woman?" and he says "Yeah, I am... then louder... YEAH,I AM" So then I reply "Wow, You're a bigger a**hole than I originally thought!"

As I walked past his car there was a woman sitting inside. I bet she was feeling lucky to have this man by her side lol!!

Next incident was today. I was at a park in Sussex County and saw two men (probably in their 40's) what looked like fooling around and wrestling. This quickly turned into a lot of pushing, shoving, and eventually punches being thrown. No idea what was going on with that one.

I would think at some point these men would grow up?

It's a dangerous world out there. Everyone is up tight. Read the front page of any paper,any day and it's not just men.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jul '14

Dangerous world? We're a state with Civil Unions now. I figure the two guys in the Sussex park are just renewing their vows.

anger management may have to become mandatory for all men

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

They grow up, but many go straight to male menopause. That's what you saw in the parking lot. It lasts about 30 years :) I myself have learned to quickly reverse directions and let the blind driver go. I rarely hit the horn.

But what it really necessary to call the guy in the Walmart parking lot an a**hole JRT?

For what it's worth, the last time I almost got run over in the Walmart parking lot as I was in the crosswalk, it was by a minivan driven by a woman. And then the "lady" behind the wheel proceeded to curse me out for not getting out of her way.

But...I don't like to make generalizations based on gender. I've seen stupid behavior from both women and men.

JerryG JerryG
Jul '14

I would TOTALLY stand up to a guy and knock him one in the throat or the face if he were to pick a fight with me. Some guys think they are so big and bad. I'd LOVE to see one get the $h!t kicked out of him by a girl. LOL

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jul '14

That's funny GC and I agree 5catmom:)

JerryG ~ Hmm, YES!! it was necessary. Do you know why? Because HE WAS. Any MAN that confronts a woman and starts a fight over blowing a horn has earned it. It is as simple as that.

I fully expected to get the "woman stories" to go along with my post:)

I do agree with you both genders have exhibited stupid behavior... no doubt there. It's just a lot more fun for me to tell the "Man stories" don't you think?

Ha!ha! Wild Angel ~ Well that's another way to handle it:)

Only in New Jersey. When I was in LBI, there were signs that said stop for pedestrians in cross walks. So I said does that give us permission to not stop for pedestrians not on crosswalks?

completely disrespectful and wrong

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Some of us do, some of us dont. Be careful, people are crazy, this guy needs to relax.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jul '14

+1000 Wild Angel

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

Re: Do men ever grow up?

Was this the woman?

ignatz ignatz
Jul '14

I must add that I have run into some pretty darned rude and aggressive women recently. Must be my age allowing them to feel free to take advantage. But I agree, "It's a dangerous world out there. Everyone is up tight" More uptight than usual; "its the economy........."

I honestly thought this thread was going in another direction so with my grey hair I will say: I still want to go see Marvel Universe LIVE.........
http://www.parents.com/blogs/goodyblog/2014/07/theres-a-new-kind-of-circus-in-town-marvel-universal-live/

And I still love Ninja Turtle movies, Elmo, doing cannonballs, sledding, and playing around.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jul '14

Some people never grow up. I've heard, on the grapevine, that a small subset of these people are females, as well.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Jul '14

This is a good story concerning the rage that seems to be running through our American society and asks, like Nancy Kerrigan, WHY?

It's not a political article, so if you have any preconceived notions that the writer is "liberal," get your mind away from that kind of thinking, at least for this one time.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140712/COL01/307120064/steven-utash-soccer-referee-sucker-punch-eye-drops-coffee

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

It's all Bush's fault

Lamppost Lamppost
Jul '14

'Only in New Jersey'? I think not. People can be rude everywhere, Ess. Men, women, doesn't matter. We were at the beach last summer, crossing in a crosswalk with one of those 'yield to pedestrians' signs, when a car with a twentysomething guy and girl was approaching. They laid on the horn and were shouting obscenities at my wife and I and sped right past us. Nice.

In general, I agree, many men don't grow up.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jul '14

My first thought was the woman on the phone or doing her make up while backing out? The things I've seen on my commute have made me jaded. Women seem to be more distracted drivers then men. (just an opinion)

Also, will women ever stop acting untouchable? To get involved in someones altercation just because you can and have nothing to add other than taunting/whining/instigating is asking for trouble.

younggen younggen
Jul '14

men need to peace up or peace out. zero tolerance for violence, verbal or physical.

Emily Emily
Jul '14

JRT- I'm glad that you stuck up for that woman. Good job! :)

positive positive
Jul '14

Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds, but when people act violent or unreasonable, I just get away as quietly as possible. In a traffic deadlock, I yield. You never know when someone is off their meds.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '14

Emily,

EVERYONE, women and men, need to "peace up or peace out"

And that includes calling someone an a**hole.

JerryG JerryG
Jul '14

Jerry G
You have to call it like you see it !!!

Johnm62 Johnm62
Jul '14

Grow up or not as long as your having a good day who cares

ow conected to the ow conected to the
Jul '14

people in general seem to be less tolerant, impatient, drive faster....I use to drive fast and now I don't..too many car accidents taught me. I literally get 'flipped off' at least once when I'm driving...I go the speed limit and not over anymore.

I agree...it's men and women.

Summer Summer
Jul '14

hktownie - I get the same fear when dealing with people and road rage.

Coralie Coralie
Jul '14

Reminds me of a funny video I just saw, anger issue's afflict both sexes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD8feYbEeq0

Denis Denis
Jul '14

I find female Prius drivers who can't get a peaceful smoke to be quite aggressive:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=919285138088789

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '14

" I'm older and I have more insurance." Can anyone name the movie this quote is from? Fits the conversation.

just coach just coach
Jul '14

Fried Green Tomatoes

Tina #1 Tina #1
Jul '14

First and foremost. It was a Walmart parking lot. Nuff said.

bnikit
Jul '14

"EVERYONE, women and men, need to "peace up or peace out"

And that includes calling someone an a**hole." - JerryG

Very well said.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '14

"Don't make me assume my ultimate form?" Great video, Denis. I think this is her ultimate form:

http://youtu.be/HCl9ei8zxo8

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.