Found! cat in Oak Hill - Bella

Found! cat in Oak Hill - Bella

Our cat, Bella, got out last night in Oak Hill. She is friendly but very skittish. If seen, please call 908-303-9676.

Where is oak hill ?

Country side
Jul '14

Behind MARS off of Bilby Road near Quick Check

I live on east prospect st and a cat that looked like that was in my yard about 7 730 I sat down and it came pretty close to me then ran not sure if it's the same one

Country side
Jul '14

Oak Hill isn't that far from Countryside. Could be a good sighting.

John C John C
Jul '14

It was actually trying to eat my kids pet chicken lol pretty sure it looked like that wife says same im towards the end of east prospect

Country side
Jul '14

We spotted her but she ran in the woods on Faulkner Drive. Hopefully she will make her way home

bumping up as we are still looking for her. Thanks!

if you need to try a havahart trap, I'd be glad to loan you mine- just email me

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Come home Bella.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Thanks 5catmom. Was just out looking again... no signs. We have food out and are hoping she comes home looking for food. She is terrified of crates/carriers so not sure if that would work but might take you up on it soon.

cvo one of mine (who I had grabbed from the outdoors) got out a few years ago --long story ---gone 8 days ----some neighbors had seen him so I put the trap where I knew he had been seen -- checked it daily and closed it after dark - didn't want any skunks or raccoons --the 8th night I went out to close the trap and, though it was dark, I could see it was shut................but couldn't see what was in it----I carefully carried it to a light - and there he was- dirty - wet - and scared --let him out in my basement and he hid till morning - has been a mushhead ever since--anyway it's worth trying if you've had some sightings -

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Still desperately looking!! 5catmom, if we don't see her by tomorrow, we would like to take you up on the offer for the haveaheart trap. Thank you!

bumping this up, as she is still missing..

pmnsk pmnsk
Jul '14

cvo, she is in flight mode and will possible not come to you even if you do see her or call to her. I would set up a trap with food. After a few days she will be very hungry and may just go in. Perhaps cover the cage with one of her blankets so she will recognize the scent and it might not stick out like a cage so much.

villani villani
Jul '14

So we went out an got a have a heart trap. Set it up in her last known location. Our plan is to put it out in the morning and take it back at dusk so we don't catch something we really don't want.

Thank you everyone for your advice! We will keep you posted.

keep putting it out with fresh food every day......it took me weeks to finally catch my cat that got out....don't lose hope!

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

Have you shared with Lost and Found Pets New Jersey on facebook?

She is still missing... we are heartbroken!! Hastings... we have food outside our house but fear she may have moved to another side of our complex. Possible sighting which a neighbor told us about. Hope she didn't go over to Tow Path as that would be a whole other complex she could be hiding in!! Will be making posters tomorrow. Tara... didn't know about Lost and Found Pets New Jersey of facebook. Will try that now. Please send prayers everyone!!! Thanks!

She is still missing!! We have signs up in our neighborhood and Towpath. We have a have a heart trap but don't even know where she could be after all this time. Please keep your eyes open!! Thanks!!

Need to keep bumping. She is still missing. We miss her terribly and don't even know where to look anymore!

So sorry that your Bella is not home yet.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Am bumping this up again. Please let us know of any progress. Don't give up! Skittish cats can take time .

Dansker Dansker
Jul '14

Still no news or sightings?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Nothing as of last night. We had a couple of calls, but neither of them turned out to be ours. We are at our wits end and running out of ideas. We keep doing nightly searches, but Bella could be anywhere at this point.

We scoured her last known location (woods across from our house) and don't think she is in there anymore, and now we don't know where to start looking/setting the trap.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

If she is not normally an outside cat, she is probably close by. Scour under decks, inside toolsheds, in garages and in new construction, even if it's closed at night. I had one get trapped when workers closed it up for the week-end, had gone in to check out the lunch bags.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Okay, Bella it is your turn to come home ..... come home please.

Nature Lover
Aug '14

Any updates?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

99% sure I saw her in Tow Path. Put the have a heart trap out.... please sends lots of prayers!!

Can you post another picture with better color ?

happiest girl
Aug '14

Just got back from checking the trap. So disappointed because we shined the flashlight on it and she wasn't there. Went down to get the cage and the can of sardines we left, mixed with some dry food, was completely gone! We tested the spring and it worked just fine. My little girl might be too smart for her own good! I feel a million times better knowing I saw her and that she is alive and ate something but just want her home now. Will try again tomorrow... please send prayers! PS... when we bought the trap, it also came with a smaller one... anyone have any luck with the smaller ones? She is terrified of carriers, so don't know if the smaller one will freak her out too much. Thanks

Prayers are with you! Please go all the way in the trap Bella, let the door shut!

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

towel over it and newspaper or something soft in it - so it looks more inviting - and a trail of dry food leading into it............
Hope this helps --

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

Re: Found! cat in Oak Hill - Bella

Good idea 5cat.

Also, not to be funny at all....but how about putting the trap into a large cardboard box if you can find one shaped how you need it? Cats love boxes.

Pic is funny though. ------------>

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

You can probably get a large box and cut to your size with lots of duct tape to hold it together. It would camouflage the trap. Might be worth a shot.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Just brought trap back home for the third day. No Bella, but starting to wonder if she is Houdini. Day 1 with trap... used big trap. Checked on it before we went to bed... can of sardines gone, trap door still open. Day 2... used smaller trap. Checked before we went to bed. Trap on it's side, door closed and contents of fancy feast can gone. Day 3... used smaller trap. Checked before we went to bed. Trap door still open. Can of sardines completely gone, turned upside down and wedged underneath the "spring" so the door can't close. Looks like she makes her rounds sometime before 11:00... am going to have to camp out and just wait. Come on Bella.... we miss you!!!

Good luck! Will cross my fingers and pray hard. Some cats are Houdinis. Had 1 that could disappear IN the house, have 3 adults and a child looking with flashlights to no avail. Then you turn around and the cat's sitting behind you bathing. Black holes for cats I think.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

I live over in Oak Hill and saw a cat in the back of the units that sit up by tree line off of Harvard just saw a cat yesterday seemed friendly till I approached him

Ryan billings Ryan billings
Aug '14

Heard any more or any sightings on Bella?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Unfortunately the cat I saw in Tow Path is not our Bella!! Thank you Lisa for sending the pictures. The one in Tow Path had ALL the same markings except for the face. I am now heartbroken and deflated but know I have to look elsewhere. Ryan billings... I will try on the Harvard side today (I am on the Princeton side). Was the cat you saw near Bilby or on the other side towards the back?

Any luck with this new search area? Prayers and crossed fingers are with you!

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

I may have found your cat! I have her with me. Please call asap. I can not bring her in my house because my husband is very allergic but I have her in a pet carrier. I gave her water.
908-684-14194

I am so sorry to say it was not the same cat. :(

Thanks so much Mom for looking. I need to put up new flyers and note that she does not have a collar. I really, really appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for her!!

Any recent sightings? Hoping to go over this afyernoon if it isn't too hot.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Not yet Dansker

Any sightings at all?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Absolutely nothing. We have just about lost all hope and don't know where else to go/what else to do. We appreciate everyone's help, sightings, and prayers. It means a lot to us knowing that there are such caring people out there.

We will continue our search and prayer, but after 3 weeks, we just don't know.....

Don't give up yet. It can take quite a while to catch a skittish cat.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Thanks Dansker.

I had a cat gone for 3 1/2 months who came back skin & bones, but she came back. Sending good thoughts & prayers for her safe return.

Will over that way again today. Will be careful to keep an eye out.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

saw a cat similar to this behind valley national bank...across from the hess station, just 20 mintues ago

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
Aug '14

Thanks Pumpkin... still at work in Morristown, but will leave right now to see if I see anything. If you happen to see her again, can you please try and get a picture. Thank you so much for keeping a look out for our Bella.

Just got back from looking. There are several cat's back there and one did look very much like Bella, but not her :( Thank you so much though!

wow. i wonder if they are all strays...we will keep looking!

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
Aug '14

No luck for me. Heard from anyone else?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Bumping this up.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Thanks Dansker. Still looking and praying!

Bumping this up again. Did not get out yesterday, but will try again this afternoon.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

No luck again. Are you still using the traps and finding the food gone? Maybe you can borrow a critter cam. You could try asking the family of the orange cat with no tail that was missing last winter. They had a cam that they moved all over.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Hi Dansker. We are not using the trap anymore because the cat we thought might be our Bella, wasn't. We have absolutely no idea where she could be... there are so many places to hide. We keep following up on every lead and call out her name, but nothing yet. It will be one month tomorrow and we miss her like crazy!!!

Do you have signs around for possible sightings?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

I have signs in my development (Oak Hill) on both sides of Bilby, in TowPath apartments and in Quick Check

Any news on Bella?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

No :( :(

Bumping this up. Hopefully Bella comes home soon, along with Ashley from the other post.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Thanks Dansker. I had a dream last night that she came home... just walked back like she was never gone... If only dreams could come true!!

Keep praying. Have heard of this happening!

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any sightings of Bella? Will over that way later on the way to pulmonary rehab. Will be sure to look around.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Hi Dansker... nothing yet. You are truly a good soul looking our for our lost fur babies. Thank you so much and good luck at rehab.

No sign of Bella. Maybe with summer ending more people will be around who may spot her.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Bumping this up.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Thanks Dansker... still looking

Keep trying.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Have my front door open and walked by. We have food out in case Bella comes back. Heard a little eating and figured it was a cat that stops by every once in a while. Glanced out so as not to scare him. It was not him and I swear it looked like my Bella... couldn't see clearly as it was dark. I called out her name and the cat ran. It is probably the cat next door and my wishful thinking, but I really thought it looked like her. Went out looking and couldn't find anything. Question... Is there some type of camera that can record at night, at intervals. If I could set that up and see who is eating... any advice would be appreciated!!

The family that had Pumpkin (I think) the tailess cat that was missing for so long had a camera that they put out all over, including my TNR colony. Maybe they could tell you more.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Bumping up.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Any luck getting a camera?

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

No... didn't hear anything back.

Bumping up again. Please come home Bella! The seasons are changing.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

cvo did you try e-mailing them? Maybe they don't check the forum much.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Have several #'s from Sugar Bear's posting. Lisa at 908-850-1250 or 732-895-5932. Brad at 201-841-7712. Maybe if you call and leave a message they will respond.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Any luck?

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

My mother saw a cat with similar description in her yard this morning, corner of Washington and warren, the parking lot connects to the parking lot of David's country inn. She gave it a little tuna so maybe it will come back? I'm going to show her the picture later.

Hopefully Hopefully
Sep '14

Thanks Hopefully. A picture would be great. I was behind the Valley National Bank on that corner several times and there is a cat that looks very similar to Bella, but I will keep my fingers crossed

She saw it again this morning in the parking lot on little street, between Washington and mountain ave/ main street. It's the lot behind a couple of offices that are visible on mountain ave/ Main Street. It's pretty close to the bank so not sure if it'll be the same similar looking cat but it's worth a shot. I showed my mom the picture but she couldn't remember too much but said it was def similar. This morning when she saw it again she said she noticed it had the same white paws and white on it's throat/chest are she thinks as in the pic. Seems like 7/730ish is when the cat is around. But maybe there hiding somewhere during the day?

Hopefully Hopefully
Sep '14

Hopefully, this is the cat that I saw near Valley National. I hope the picture comes out. It looks like Bella but Bella is a lighter gray. This seems to be a feral cat.

Very often lost cats act like ferals. Sorry I have been out of touch. Called paramedics last Sun and just got of hospital last night. Should be able to get out and keep my eyes open by Tues.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Oh Dansker... Hope you feel better real soon!

Will be in the area around 12-1 time period today. I will keep my eyes open and try calling > It I remember to bring a camera will take pix if I see anything. Cell phone is over 10 years old and doesn't very good photos.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Saw nothing. Will be there tomorrow again and try staying a bit longer.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

No luck. Have to skip today, but should be able to check tomorrow.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Bumping up. Hope to get there today.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Thought I saw a cat like this on Little Street yesterday. Looked very similar but ran into bushes. Have there been other recent sightings?

Viking Viking
Sep '14

Hi Viking. Where is Little Street? I haven't had any sightings :( I saw a gray cat near the back of The First Presbyterian Church Thursday. It was hard to see because it was dark, but I thought it looked similar to Bella. I tried to follow it, but it went behind houses. I put up signs around there today (near the middle school). I talked to a local homeowner who was outside and they said they have a gray cat that is an indoor/outdoor cat. Still looking and praying

Little street is between Mountain Ave and Washington, between the group of office buildings just before L. Davids. Close trot to Valley National and also Presbyterian church.

Viking Viking
Sep '14

Will keep looking there. Hopefully someone will see this cat and post a pic.

Viking... I was in the parking lot on Little Street and saw the cat you were talking about. She looked very much like my Bella! It was dark and I couldn't get up close before she turned around and went in the bushes, but I put some flyers up and left a can of food for her. Hopefully someone will get a picture of this cat. Keep your fingers crossed and thank you for letting me know!

Viking is a close friend. Please keep us posted! I will try again also. Does Bella like catnip or a extra special food? I am harvesting fresh catnip for drying now.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Hi Dansker. She does like cat nip. I put up signs on the mail box in the parking lot. I will keep checking, but hopefully there are a lot of eyes out there looking for her.

I will also keep checking. This is close to my home. Will try tomorrow when grandson is back in school.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

I am not too sure that who I saw was Bella. I heard meowing outside and saw a dark colored cat with white feet being chased away by one of the 3 outdoor cats in the neighborhood. I live on Christopher, near the hospital. The cat ran towards the backyards of the homes on Willow Grove. This is pretty close to Oak Hill. The two homes that are on WIllow grove are both empty so maybe in those yards. I am off to work now but will try to look around when I get home.

hockeymom115 hockeymom115
Sep '14

Thanks hockeymom. Bella is a lighter gray. Who knows... maybe she is just very dirty now. I know the houses you are talking about, so will check them out. I have been back to Little Street several times, but no sign of any cat.

Am going to try Little street again with fresh catnip. Keeping fingers crossed.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Hi Danskar. I have been checking Little Street also. Got a call about Washington Street and another call from my development. Have been checking all areas on a regular basis. The more eyes the better. Thank you so much for your concern

Any updates?

Mintyfresh Mintyfresh
Oct '14

Has Bella at least been spotted anywhere?

Dansker Dansker
Oct '14

Hi Dansker. Unfortunately no. Thanks for asking.

A cat came up on my porch this morning - scooted very quickly - I live very near to you CVO, this cat did look very similar to the photo you posted of Bella - very skittish - ran when I approached the window - very fast. It was NOT the neighbor's cat that has similar markings (she lets him outside daily) - I know that it's been a very long time - but I will keep looking - I'll put some food out tonight, and will keep an eye out

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '14

I would try the trap again ---with something in or on it with the scent of your other cat --
towel or something soft in the entry - and a trail of dry food leading into it --
worth trying -

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

thanks pmnsk. I will put some food out and try to spot her. The other night I opened the door late to see if anyone had eaten the food I left out. I saw a cat and thought it looked like Bella too but it was dark and I didn't have my glasses on. The cat ran off. I figured after almost 4 months, it was the neighbors cat. I will keep my fingers crossed!! Thanks for letting me know!

If you could get a picture, that would be fabulous. If you happen to see the cat again, can you please call my cell at 908-303-9676

I am really trying not to get my hopes up, but I could swear the cat is my Bella!! She has been coming to eat, but every time I try to get near her, she runs away. When I came home tonight, she was on my porch eating and I got a little better look. It really, really looks like her. I have put the trap out the last couple days, but if it is Bella, she won't go near it. I hate that it is going to get cold out. Will put blankets out for her. She found us over 6 years ago.... maybe she found us again. Please keep your fingers crossed!!

Any news on Bella? I have been in the hospital for 8 days so am completely out of touch. Is she at least still showing up?

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

I know it is cold out, but leave your door open a little and put a trail of food into the house and she may just follow it in and you can close the door behind her. You never know, it is worth the try. Good luck.

4paws 4paws
Nov '14

cvo, I happened to be outside very late on Monday night and saw a little kitty -- looked like Bella, but it was dark -- she was scurrying around behind our houses - I am in Oak Hill, near you. I have put food out - but not sure who is taking it.

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '14

Any up dates?

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

pmsk... we have food out all the time too. We glimpse this cat and it really, really looks like Bella but can't quite get close enough. When I call her name, she doesn't come, but she doesn't run away either... just walks away. I hate that it is getting so cold outside. We have a make shift shelter... a cooler with a hole and some hay and a fleece inside for warmth but it doesn't look like anyone has been in it yet. Please keep me posted if you see her. Thanks!

you should not use hay or fleece. The fleece will hold moisture from her body heat and freeze. The best to use is straw.

4paws 4paws
Nov '14

http://www.littlethings.com/he-sees-a-cat-outside-in-the-freezing-cold-and-does-something-brilliant/

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Thank you 4paws and 5catmom. I had no idea... thought I would be keeping her warm with the fleece. Will go take out right now and add more straw (not hay). Wish I had one of his shelters... they were awesome! I wonder if any of the schools have a wood working class and could build one... just thinking out loud.

great info 5catmom, that is the best house I've seen.
cvo, you can also find a lot of info on www.alleycat.org. or Alley Cat Allies. They have many things you can use for a cat house. I got mine free from a shelter. I can't remember which one.
Good luck and thanks for caring for the kitty.

4paws 4paws
Nov '14

Any new info on Bella? Am praying for a pre-Thanksgiving reunion.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Thanks Dansker... I spot what I think is Bella, but can never get close enough! At least she is still in the area

M prayers are with you and Bella. Bella, it is time to cooperate!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Any new updates on Bella? Does she at least look well?

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Bella is home!!! Don't know where she has been hiding these last 9 months, but she is home now..... So, so happy!!

OH MY!!! How wonderful, I am so very happy to hear that!!

pmnsk pmnsk
Apr '15

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

I'm doing the happy dance all the way to buy my lottery ticket!

Catz rulez!!!!

Sugar Sugar
Apr '15

Wow! Amazing & wonderful!

Ammmaaazziiinngg!! So so happy for you and for Bella!!! Great new!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

WOWZA! So happy to hear this!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Miracles do happen. ...hallelujah !!!!!!!!

So happy for you and Bella after all this stressful time. Wonderful news!

Chris S. Chris S.
Apr '15

Great news!! We are very happy for you!!

jennymc jennymc
Apr '15

wow - fabulous

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

Wow!! So happy to hear she's home!

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '15

Unbelievably wonderful news. Enjoy your happy reunion!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

We are all overjoyed to hear she is home at last!! does she seem alright? Keep the doors tightly shut. Would love to hear the stories she could tell.

Dansker Dansker
May '15

She is doing great!! Slept most of the day yesterday. Took her to the vet... they were amazed she was in such good shape. She had a tick and lost 3 pounds but otherwise everything was good. If only cats could talk!!

Great news! Did she just walk into the yard or did someone find her? Any idea where she was all this time?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '15

What great news!!

Great news...happy endings do happen.

animal lover animal lover
May '15

"If only cats could talk!!"

Give her a computer with a touch screen. Works well for me. ;-)

White Shoes White Shoes
May '15

So happy for all of you!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.