RIP Scott Tomlinson

May you rest in piece my friend. You were a great educator and good friend. I am proud to have known you.

ignatz ignatz
Jul '14

He was a great man- always smiling and willing to help out, you will be missed

Yoga girl Yoga girl
Jul '14

A really good coach that many HHS athletes looked up to. RIP....

Allan Scott Tomlinson of Hackettstown, NJ, died Friday, July 18, 2014 at his home surrounded by his loving family, he was 60 years old. Visitation will be on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 from 4 to 8pm at the Cochran Funeral Home, 905 High Street, Hackettstown, NJ, 07840. Funeral services will be Wednesday, 11am at the Hackettstown First Presbyterian Chapel. (across the street from the Church Sanctuary. Interment will be at the Belvidere Cemetery, Belvidere, NJ. In lieu of flowers, the family request that you please consider giving donations to the HHS Sports Operations, Attn: Athletic Office, 701 Warren Street, Hackettstown, NJ, 07840 in Scott "Coach T" Tomlinson's memory. Thank You

Christine Christine
Jul '14

Sorry to hear that - nice guy.

He was a great teacher and coach. I had him in Hatchery Hill, Middle, and High School. He will be missed..

saddened to hear this, i liked him, he treated us well, always,
rest in peace scott

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '14

Rest in peace..such a nice, kind man and a great teacher.

mammadone mammadone
Jul '14

What a shock ... one of my all-time favorite Hackettstown people.

Sad to see this.

Rest in peace, Scott. A good coach and also a guy with a great sense of humor who always kept everything in the right perspective.

I named him the Warren County Boys Basketball Coach of the Year in 2001 and it was a well deserved honor. He knew basketball, but more importantly, he was an outstanding educator ... I remember a disciplinary matter (won't go into detail) that he handled exceptionally well, even though it meant benching a starting player. Some coaches would have made excuses for the kid to keep him in the lineup. Scott was better than that.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Sympathies to his family. He was a great person, educator, coach and mentor to out
family over the years. We will miss him greatly.

Kevin Slavin Kevin Slavin
Jul '14

Very sad and much too young to leave us.....RIP Scott....

joyful joyful
Jul '14

Scott was also a good neighbor - he was an advocate for HHS schools and students. He will be truly missed. - gone too soon .

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '14

A gentleman.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Jul '14

My condolences to his family and friends.

?, was Mr. Tomlinson the disciplinarian at the middle school a few years back?

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Jul '14

Scotty was the type of guy who always helped out, wether it was a church, organazation, school, or club he didn't even belong to. But he soon was seen as a member. He loved his family and often spoke with proudness of his grandkids. I will miss his stories of the farm, parties, and sports. He was friendly with everyone he met and talked to. My prayers go out to his whole family. He loved cruisin around with he vintage car. Probally cruisin with Joe right now. F O .. I WWILL ALWAYS REMBER YOU?

fitter fitter
Jul '14

A fine educator, mentor and gentleman. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Daven Daven
Jul '14

didn't know him but wish him the best in the after life - may he rest in peace.

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Always looked up to coach T. He was a great coach, and an even better person.

Maxx Sweet Maxx Sweet
Jul '14

May you rest in peace Coach T. Scott was my basketball coach my freshmen year at Hackettstown High in 1977. We finished 18-1 and won the conference. A tough coach, but well respected. He will be missed.

Greg V Greg V
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.