Light Orange Tabby Found At Tickners

Light Orange Tabby Found At Tickners

A friend tagged me in this FB post. Here is what the info is, the link and including a picture. This isn't my post so this is all I have/know but wanted to pass along just in case.

"Called animal control they won't come for him . What looks to be a Netured male clearly injured has Limp and broken tail no scrapes or open cuts. It's raining & he is meowing like he's in pain. Won't come to you but responds well with a selection of foods dry/wet prefers 9lives to all offered if this is your cat or someone you might know's cat contact someone or me my husband and I are taking shifts on watching him he is located currently sitting under wood stuff at TICKNERS PER SUPPLY. In Hackettstown
Near ,Stiger St."

https://www.facebook.com/165544503515421/photos/a.536618049741396.1073741829.165544503515421/677065785696621/?type=1&theater

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Oh so sad looking, hope someone can help him.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

If ACO Norton picks him up he will be put down. I am glad you are helping him. I know there are people on here that have traps, maybe someone could trap him and get him to a vet. He can't be just left to suffer, not fair to him, poor kitty You could also try palpets.org, the pet adoption league from Hackettstown, they may be able to help. and also eleventh hour rescue.
Good luck and again bless you for helping him..

4paws 4paws
Jul '14

If someone can catch him, they should take him to Common Sense for Animals. Poor guy. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

I don't understand why the ACO of Hackettstown is not helping? (The site shows it's Kim Bennett)
The text below is taken from the Hackettstown website

Welcome to the Historic Town of Hackettstown
Home
Vital Records
Animal Control Officer
Town of Hackettstown
215 Stiger St.
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908)852-3130

Animal Control Officer

The New Jersey Certified Animal Control Officer is dedicated to protecting and preserving the well-being of animals, both domestic and wild; to enforcing without prejudice and with equality, local and state statutes pertinent to all animals, their control, their keeping; and promoting and encouraging opportunities for educational standards and requirements by which the performance of the profession may be measured.

If you are in need of the assistance of the ACO, please contact Kim Bennett, at (908)625-0106. If there is no answer, please leave a message and your call will be returned ASAP.

Will H Will H
Jul '14

Didn't someone post back in early June about an orange and white tabby wandering around Stiger St?? Could this be the same cat? Also, What is with this Norton guy (ACO) if he is so horrible why do they keep him in the job? I thought Kim Bennett was the ACO for Hackettstown. It looks like this cat is in need of vet care.

lily pad lily pad
Jul '14

Again, I am not the person who found the cat. Just relaying what was posted in case this is someones pet, or if someone would be able to contact Tickner's to help out. My little experience w. an ACO was not a positive one, sadly, but at least we were able to take in the abandoned cat and care for her ourselves. I am hoping this cat will get the help it needs and soon.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Kim is the Hackettstown ACO......who knows why Norton keeps his job but he's not Hackettstown thank God.
I messaged the woman who posted his pic to facebook.....she called Tickners and was told that a woman came and got him and is bringing him to the vet. Kim said he was never called by Tickners. I know Kim and I am sure that is the case......she does not ignore calls. Lets hope this poor cat gets the care he needs.

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

Any chance this cat matches the description/information on the missing (orange) cat poster on the sign at the intersection of Petersburg Road and Route 46?

jrzgirl jrzgirl
Jul '14

glad he was picked up....sadly I am still waiting for a call back from Kim about an injured animal...Antler Ridge helped!

Summer Summer
Jul '14

so glad the kitty is getting help - and equally glad Antler Ridge helped- I volunteer there regularly and help keep their fb page going - great people and place............

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Thanks for the update. Wonder if the wrong ACO was contacted.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Glad to hear he was picked up for I was ready
to go get him tonight. These poor animals deserve a
good life as well. If you can't find him a home I
would be willing to adopt him or find him a home. Just
take note more humans are killed daily by other
humans rather than by being killed by animals.
Signed Animal Lover

Realist Realist
Jul '14

Glad to hear he is getting medical treatment.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Ladeeve you and your husband are truly wonderful
people. I hope we cross paths one day :)

Realist Realist
Jul '14

Glad to hear he has been picked up and will be cared for, especially now that it is raining again. Thanks to all who were involved.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Realist, I can't take credit for the care this particular cat got, but I am very glad to have at least spread the word to help it out. I believe the husband and wife team may have been someone who works with/is associated with Tickners.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Are there any updates on this kitty, would like to hear how he is doing.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Is there a way to find out what vet he was taken to so we can get an update?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

This may be the kitty I lost last summer. Does anyone know where he is right now? Thanks

John Kuzmik John Kuzmik
Jul '14

@ John Kuzmik maybe try calling Antler Ridge, they might have some information for you.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '14

I'll be at Antler Ridge tomorrow morning - will see if they have any news if none has been posted here by then

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

I just called Antler Ridge and they advised that the cat has not been taken there. Apparently they do not usually get involved with cats.

I spoke with a lady at Tickners and she is trying to get more information on where the cat is now.

John Kuzmik John Kuzmik
Jul '14

You may want to try calling common sense adoption as well, they may have some information on the cat.

Can you post another photo of your lost kitty. Have you tried calling all the vets in the area to see if an orange cat was taken in yesterday. So hope this is your kitty, Mr. Kuzmik.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Re: Light Orange Tabby Found At Tickners

Here is a picture of my kitty. I'm hoping that the lady at Tickners will be able to tell me where the kitty was taken. I just want to confirm whether or not it is mine. I will adopt it even if it isn't.

John Kuzmik John Kuzmik
Jul '14

Re: Light Orange Tabby Found At Tickners

I took both pictures and put them side by side......hard to tell.
John, maybe if you find out where this cat is, you could go see him in person and would be able to tell if he is your missing cat?

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

John~ I just emailed you

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

Good luck John. Hoping you can find some answers.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Even though the colors in the photos are different, if you look closely at the markings .... fingers crossed very tightly.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Fingers crossed this is your lost pet.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '14

I so hope the kitty is ok and so glad it will have a home - whether it is your original or your "new" kitty, John

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

I spoke with Kim at Tickners a few minutes ago. The lady who took the kitty to the vet told her that his blood work showed a very high HIV positive reading. My kitty was not HIV positive, so it wasn't him. I was sort of doubtful, anyway.

Kim didn't know what was going to happen to him. I hope the right decision is made.

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

John Kuzmik John Kuzmik
Jul '14

If a cat is vaccinated for FIV, it will always test positive. Did you have your cat vaccinated for FIV? I am sorry it did not turn out to be your kitty. Did you check the other post about the found orange cat?
He looked in pretty sad shape, poor kitty. House cats that escape are not street wise and have a very hard time. So many cats are just dumped and people think they will eat mice and survive but this is not usually the case. If they wonder into a feral colony looking for food, the other cats will usually send him packing, in a not so nice way.

4paws 4paws
Jul '14

My cat was not vaccinated for FIV, and I did see the other (Oxford) post...but it's not my cat.

Hopefully the little guy will get the care he needs and a home.

John Kuzmik John Kuzmik
Jul '14

The little cat was an un neutered stray. I took him to the vets on Tues. Am. Called him Tad. He was so ill with dehydration and the vet felt that even after being hospitalized for several days that he still may not have made it. He had a broken tail. They took blood work and the leuk/aids test. The HIV levels were sky high and they would not have been able to even keep him there. He would not have healed completely and with the aids virus his immunity's were not there.He just laid on the table and was ready to go. It was a peaceful moment and I believe that he, at the end felt love. Bless our little furry friend. His spirit lives on.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Jul '14

Thank you just the facts for taking care of the little guy, at least now he is out of pain and has peace.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '14

thanks so much for taking care of this kitty..............at least he had compassion and care at the end..............

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Thank you so much for your compassion and taking care of this poor cat. At least he isn't suffering on the streets anymore.

You're very welcome.

Jul '14

You were his angel at the end, just the facts ma'am. Glad he did not have more prolonged suffering. Thank you for caring.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

I am glad this little kitty found love and care, even if it was at the very end.

helpthekitty helpthekitty
Jul '14

Why am I not surprised that it was you, just the facts maam....that took charge and helped that poor kitty. I am sorry it turned out the way it did but you did the best you could as you always do....Thanks from me too!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

Thank you everyone and thank you Joyful. You're so nice.
Wanted to help the poor cat AND Kim from Tickner's who I've known for many years. She called me. By the way, Tad was very feral. I had seen him on my property from afar a couple of times and crossing the road and knew that I would never ever be able to get close to him. I truly believe that he was just a loner and probably just traveled from colony to colony.
Funny how we met in the end. A sign from above, perhaps...

Jul '14

RIP poor kitty. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

Thank you so much for your kindness towards this kitty. I was wishing for a different outcome but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I'm sure he felt loved at the end and now he is at peace.

lily pad lily pad
Jul '14

You're very welcome and "yes" I was shocked over the outcome. There was a complete change from when I picked him up to the next morning. I think that even in the morning his angels were with him and he must have felt a sense of peace over him. I tickled the top of his head and scritched him behind his ear and it was good.

Jul '14

RIP Tad, glad that he had someone with him at the end and now he is on the Bridge for sure.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Thanks for stepping in to help him. Even though it didn't turn out the way I'm sure most of us hoped, at least he got good care and consideration for his health that he very much needed from the sound of things.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Very nice ladeevee. My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

Jul '14

just the facts maam, thank you so much for caring for this poor baby. Saw the post on facebook (Lost and Found Pets of New Jersey). So many people trying to help. They have not updated the status :(

Thanks for helping him and letting him feel love at the end of his life. You were truly his angel.

Can I send you something towards his Vet bill? You took on such a huge responsibily. I have animals and know how costly it can be; sometimes we need a team.

Summer Summer
Jul '14

Well, I updated that since I had recently discovered it. Thank you all for your very kind caring messages and thoughtfulness. It was amazing how Tad and I came together at the end and I could actually stroke him, talk to him and kiss him. The vet bill flustered me but I paid. What could I do? I said nothing and paid the $255.00. Blood work was $115. Leuk/aids test was $40. Euthanasia was $60 and cremation was $40. They gave me a break on the office fee which there was not much of an exam for obvious reasons...but generous on their parts. They didnt have to. Making a donation towards Tad flusters me a little but is very unexpected and really thoughtful. Can I give my P.O box in Hackettstown over the forum? Never thought whether it was legal or not. That would be fine with me. Please advise.

Jul '14

Maybe people can send you a private message or a message to your email.

A suggestion is when you receive a donation towards him you could post "S sent $50 towards his care"...etc... to share transparency...just an idea!

It was admirable that you stepped forward and if things like this come up and we all help out; it makes it easier.

I just sent you a message :-)

Summer Summer
Jul '14

PM'd you, just the facts. Hopefully others will, too. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Thanks for the helpful advice. Not sure what pm'd means but will check my inbox.

Jul '14

PM = private message.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

:-) will call you this morning (thought it was too early) lol

Summer Summer
Jul '14

Hello all...in response, I had a nice conversation with Summer from the board this am. What a nice lady and with a nice animal family too. Rec'd 4 pm's so far. Need to respond to someone from pet adoption league and Rebecca yet. I feel confident about giving my P.O. Box Hackettstown Nj 07840. Box # is 654. There is such an outpouring of love for this lil' guy Tad. His spirit is looking down at us with all of the admiration in the world. Im so happy to have known him even just for a little
While. He sure knew me though :)

Jul '14

just the facts - and an outpouring of support for the kind woman who cared for him. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Thank you Rebecka. >^..^<

Jul '14

Fyi to all of you cat and dog rescuers...i picked up some info at the municipal bldg. This am. For those who rescue/ take in a stray cat or dog and get it vetted...be prepared to pay for this out of your own money. It was suggested through email that i check with the municipal bldg to see if i could get help with Tad's bills due to the fact that he was a stray. They told me that because animal control did not handle it, that it was my responsibility. As much as I felt right by it, it was $265 . In retrospect, I should have called Kim Bennett myself, but I suppose we never really know what will be handed to us. We learn something new every day :)

Aug '14

You did a good deed out of your heart. You saved
an animal(a living breathing creature) and stopped
it from suffering another day. Be proud for most
people in this world would not have done what you
did. You truly are a wonderful person and life will
pay you back for it. Don't read into! You acted out
of the kindness in your heart and that cat appreciates
you for stopping his/her suffering. May life pay you
forward for your kindness :) This world needs more people
like you.

Realist Realist
Aug '14

What a nice thing to say realist and I thank you...this has certsinly not been the first and am sure that it won't be the last :) each one hits you hard in a different way. Thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Aug '14

(After all this time!) I went to my po box today, and there was a donation for Tad! His one and only donation! Tad is definately a whole cat and in peace now. Thank you Kathy and "yes" I remember you from a few years back. Tad's spirit is smiling down
Just coincides with me helping an outside litter of kittens. They're about 5 months old and I have been befriending them. There are between 6 and 9. I held one for the first time today and 2 others ate food while I was sitting on the ground next to them. I will have them vetted and spayed and neutered eventually. It is getting a bit chilly. Im taking my time out of respect for them and the situation nd then they'll find homes. Thanks again, Kathy :)

Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.