Wendy's being renovated?

I heard today Wendy's is closing for renovation. I didn't see a sign up but the one lady said closing for 6 weeks. Anyone else hear this?

Just Asking Just Asking
Jun '14

They were still open an hour ago. Shame you didn't call and get the word from the horse's mouth.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Jun '14

Yes. It is closing for renovations. I didn't get an exact time frame. They warned us cruisers on Thurs eves that we will need to eat elsewhere for a bit till it is done.

Grascal
Jun '14

They were giving out coupons for the Chester location stating that the Hackettstown one would be upgraded. There is construction equipment in the parking lot there. Sounds true to me...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '14

Yeah, it's true. We got word of it at Wendy's a couple weeks ago.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jun '14

Yesterday, Sunday the 22nd, was supposed to be the last day open for 6 weeks. There were signs.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '14

Leroy, seems you are the one who looks like the fool. Snide comments on this board never cease to amaze me.

There's Wendy's in town?

MickyD
Jun '14

Well said Simo.

kb2755 kb2755
Jun '14

Maybe KFC and Burger King will get the hint that we are not in 1980 anymore.

Summernic Summernic
Jun '14

They have been placing notices in with take out orders for weeks. That's pretty close to the horse meat's mouth.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jun '14

I am no fool, simo. Merely an ardent enthusiast who cannot resist an opportunity to indulge an enthusiasm.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Jun '14

Wonder how far they will renovate. Here is a Wendy's renovation from earlier this year in another part of the country:

http://929nin.com/what-will-the-remodeled-wendys-look-like/

LeRoy - I didn't call because I was standing in Wendy's. I asked the manager and he didn't seem to have the answer. It did come off snide and fresh so if you didn't like my question, there is no need for you to answer.

Thanks Vic for what the future might bring.

Just Asking Just Asking
Jun '14

Nice try Leroy.

Almost looks like the renovated Mcdonald's that I've seen...more modern, faux fireplace, large screen TV, etc. Will be nice!

tripsy tripsy
Jun '14

It sounds nice.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Jun '14

Re: Wendy's being renovated?

So this means that when the renovations are done the food will be edible? They have the worst hamburgers. Its not hard to make a hamburger, Wendys serves up absolute crap.Only Hardees hamburgers are more disgusting.

HtownForum HtownForum
Jun '14

Wendy's certainly isn't 5 Guys or In 'N Out, but as far as the Big 3 go, Wendy's burgers are far, far better than either BK or McDs.

And you also don't like Hardee's/Carl's Jr.? Zero credibility... a Monster Thickburger make u wanna slap yo' mama, it's so damn good.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '14

Wendy's burgers are my favorite as far as the big 3, you be crazy!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jun '14

I'm with ianimal on this--Hardee's thick burgers are awesome! I'm looking forward to their return to NJ in the near future!

The only thing that would get me into Wendy's (or any other fast food place) would be FREE BEER! ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '14

Wendys' burgers vary by the franchise more than any others . Wind Gap is the worst I've been to for cold dried up burgers , Hackettstown the second worst with the busy Easton franchise being the best for hot right off the grill burgers . But the former hot and juicy Wendys' burgers basically disappeared after the E.coli scare of 1993 no matter where you get them from since they over cook them now .They have good salads though .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Jack_in_the_Box_E._coli_outbreak

Zombo Zombo
Jun '14

Am I the only one that can never get a HOT Wendy's burger? I only frequent their West Caldwell NJ location because it's around the corner from work. The burgers are always lukewarm with the cheese barely melted it seems. They tend to make them fresh too as I always special request them without mayo. I also prefer their burgers over McDonalds and BK and because I'm so cheap only eat there with a coupon. Fast food is waaaay overpriced without some sort of discount.

Cruisers are still cruisin, and they're bringing in food vendors til Wendy's opens again. For tonight I hear its Piggy's Deli.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '14

FYI - We reached out to Wendy's corporate offices - They plan to re-open on or around August 4th.

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Jul '14

Sorry I missed this. Anyway this article is interesting.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101822763?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

"The 45-year-old restaurant chain created by Dave Thomas has surpassed Burger King to be the second-largest burger restaurant in the country, in the shadow of the behemoth that is McDonald's." (I think McDonalds is the worse how does it stay #!?)

"Meanwhile, Wendy's is expected to spend $280 million to $290 million this year on capital improvements, much of it going to remodel stores. About 85 percent of Wendy's restaurants are owned by franchisees, who are being encouraged to refurbish their stores with a newer look closer to fast casual than fast food—flat panel screens, WiFi, fireplaces" (will it work?)

Christine Christine
Jul '14

I'd rather make a burger at home. Much healthier.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Jul '14

"I'd rather make a burger at home. Much healthier."

LOL, I doubt that's true at my house. My homemade burger is about 10 ounces of ground beef topped with six strips of bacon and four slices of cheese then slathered in mayo. But I do throw some pickle chips on it just to show that I'm not averse to eating vegetables...

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

(I think McDonalds is the worse how does it stay #!?)

People love cheap food even if it's not the best.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '14

Fireplaces? What the heck for?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

emaxxman - But it's not cheap. A whole meal is $7 or more. Few people order just that $1 hamburger, but need a whole meal to go with it. At the same time $7 gets you a dynamite wrap at The Grove. It gets you a customer ordered sandwich at Sub Shack. It gets you a shwarma you can't compare at Zaytun. it gets you a chicken shish roll at Tandoori Grill. It gets you any number of lunch specials at local Chinese places. But the one thing it does is, you get it in 45 seconds. Fast food is only that. Fast. Not cheap. Not good.

i like mcdonalds' and often eat there for just the dollar .

agree if you have 7 dollars for lunch, go elsewhere, for sure.

if wendys gives you a cold dry burger, use your recipt and log a survey online. its a good thing to do. i agree that the hackettstown wendy's does a VERY poor job at preparing food, orders are almost always wrong, staff is uncourteous and unfriendly and the food is cold and under cooked, i don't go back there anymore, it just sucks,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '14

Try Golden Skillet.....

fitter fitter
Jul '14

My experience with Wendy's is quite the opposite. I think their staff is very courteous, like the selection of food much more than BK or McDs and I find their food to be fresh. For fast food, they are the best IMO.

justwondering justwondering
Jul '14

Anyone who wants an idea of how it might look may want to check out the Wendy on route 10 Ledgewood. They put glass dividers behind seating and a long the side of seating that go to the ceiling. The chairs and tables have a more upscale look for a fast food joint. It's a more comfortable environment all in all.

MikeB. MikeB.
Jul '14

When is it opening?

I thought I saw cars at the drive up the other day..but they could have just been workers cars parked there.

Happycamper Happycamper
Aug '14

Last contact with Wendy's Corporate said Monday Aug. 4th.

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Aug '14

Wendy's is open.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Aug '14

Saw some outside tables with umbrellas as I passed by last night. Looks nice!

Mrs. Resident
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.