Just Great Stuff-Powdered Peanut Butter

Wondering if anyone uses this and if so, what do you do with it? Thinking it has great possibilities on WW :)

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

It is great in smoothies.

boozer boozer
Apr '14

? Never heard of it. Heard of powdered alcohol this week though.
Tell us about the peanut butter. Thanks.

Brother Mark
Apr '14

Powdered alcohol and now peanut butter? Are you all taking a trip to the moon without me??

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

sounds pretty gross - all of the powdered stuff

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

Rebecka, it's peanut butter powder made by extracting most of the oil from the peanuts. You mix it with water and can add it to smoothies and I'm hoping to find other things to do with it..It's pretty tasty and has 90% less fat than regular peanut butter.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

For your reading pleasure..
http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_detail.php?id=287&ref=0

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

Its very good. It's great in smoothies or you just add water and stir it and it makes a peanut butter. They also have a chocolate version also which is very good. It's not cheap. The health food store on Main St. carries it and so does Wegman's. It taste great.

Tweety Tweety
Apr '14

Bet it would be good in place of malted milk in a "dusty road" sundae...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

PB2 is great! I have been using it for quite a while now. I always mention it at work and no body knows what the hell I am talking about. LOL....I LOVE the chocolate. I put it in my plain Greek yogurt. Target sells both PB2 and PB2 chocolate. Shop Rite also carries PB2 (haven't seen the chocolate there though.)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Apr '14

I add it to my oatmeal for additional protein and it tastes great.

Red Wing
Apr '14

Where is Wegman's?

Brother Mark
Apr '14

I didn't care for PB2 as peanut butter...I would rather have the real thing and do an extra mile walk. That's just me.

Firefly Firefly
Apr '14

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

nutty nutty
Apr '14

There's a Wegmans in Bridgewater on 202 and another in PA (I don't know the exact town, is it Nazareth?)

Tracy Tracy
Apr '14

I bet it would be good in cake mix....

positive positive
Apr '14

Oh, cookie and brownie mix too.

positive positive
Apr '14

Good link nutty~ Another processed food that is not good especially when they add sugar and other crap.

Christine Christine
Apr '14

Christine, as I'm sure you're aware, sugars are in just about everything we eat. If given the chance to enjoy having a peanut butter fix with powdered peanut butter with 1.5 fat grams, 5 carbs, and 3 grams of sugar as opposed to 16 fat grams, 7 carbs, and 3 of sugar, I'll go with that try alternative. I'm not quite the food expert but then, I'm not trying to be.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

From the "Food Babe" in nutty's link above:

"I eat nut butter almost everyday so I make sure that my variety is sugar free and made from whole organic nuts."

"What’s your favorite nut butter?"

Nothing like lobbing softballs, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

Agree with you, Bessie.

Actually, conventional peanut butter is the worst --- it has not only added sugar & salt but hydrogenated oils which is one of the worst things you can eat.

Organic peanut butter or "Just Great Stuff" powdered peanut butter are both good alternatives.

Organic PB -- ingredients: organic peanuts, sea salt.
2TB: 190 calories, 16g. fat, 80mg sodium, 1g. sugar

Just Great Stuff -- ingredients: organic peanuts, organic coconut sugar, sea salt.
2TB: 45 calories, 1.5g. fat, 90mg sodium, 2g sugar

Conventional PB -- ingredients: peanuts, sugar and/or corn syrup, hydrogenated oils (usually genetically modified soybean) mono & diglycerides, salt
2TB: 190 calories, 16g. fat, 140mg sodium, 3g sugar

happiest girl
Apr '14

GNC carries pb2

rierie rierie
Apr '14

If you click on th elink nutty provided you will find much info about this product, But here is a sypnois.

Photo Credit: Gym Optional

This is the truth about PB2 and why you’ll never see me eat this manufactured substitute for peanut butter:
◾PB2 Is Not Whole Real Food – When I talk about the foods I eat, I tell people I want to choose the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and PB2 is just not one of them. The beauty of a peanut is that it contains all of the nutrients nature intended. It has a healthy dose of fat, protein and vitamins. PB2 extracts almost all of the essential monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, leaching the vitamin E content which is fat soluble, therefore reducing the nutritional content of the whole food. The fat is what keeps you satisfied and reduces cravings making just a tablespoon of real peanut butter so satisfying. This powdered form looks pretty clean when you review the ingredients, but it’s just another way for manufacturers to trick you into thinking less calories is better for you. They have to add a mixture of sugar and salt into the powder to make it taste better without the fat. I know I’d rather have the fat vs. the sugar and salt!

◾PB2 Is Not Organic – Conventional peanuts are some of the most heavily sprayed crops ever. The amount of toxic pesticides sprayed on peanuts is suspected to have caused the increase in peanut allergies. As you know, peanuts have a very thin and porous outer layer and shell that allows toxins in easily. These toxins are not something you can wash off. Remember increased exposure to pesticides are linked to birth defects, nerve damage and cancer. The President’s Cancer Panel has urged us not to consume food sprayed with pesticides and doesn’t believe any amount is safe.

◾PB2 Has Added Sugar – It might not be that much added sugar but knowing what refined sugar does to my mind and my body – I try to avoid it at all costs unless it’s a special occasion. I eat nut butter almost everyday so I make sure that my variety is sugar free and made from whole organic nuts. Also, this sugar could be made from genetically modified sugar beets.

◾Peanuts May Contain Aflatoxin – The mold that is frequently present in peanuts creates a carcinogen called Aflatoxin. This chemical has been shown to cause liver cancer in developing countries where there is a large consumption of corn, peanuts and grains grown without strict regulation of the quality of soil. Here in the United States, the FDA allows aflatoxin into our food system at varying levels. This is just not something I want to consume on a regular basis, even in small “approved” doses. For people who have had cancer or already have compromised liver function, you should really consider this information. This is why I choose to only eat Jungle Peanuts if I have a choice, because they are grown in an environment and harvested in a way that does not produce this toxin.

◦And… Almond Butter is Better For Your Health – According to this analysis taken from Prevention, almond butter has 69% more calcium, twice as much fiber, 86% more iron, and 169% more vitamin E than peanut butter.

We see a nutritionist because of diabetes, high cholesterol and other health issues. The one thing she stressed to us is NO PROCESSED foods. No food they extract oils and then add sugars or sweeteners. They actually make you more hungry and crave more. Boxed foods and sugar or fat free are the worse. Boxed processed potatoes etc are not good. Read the ingredients. Sugar free foods they add fat so they taste better and fat free foods they add sugar so they taste good. We are just learning how to start to eat naturally and healthy and it is not easy at all. This definitely would be a no no.....She also gave us a hint when in a store, shop on the outer walls and stay away from the inside, Obviously you need to go in for some items but the healthy nutritious parts are on the outer walls,Its an eye opener for sure.

Christine Christine
Apr '14

Christine, adding raw organic coconut sugar and sea salt to a product does not make it processed. Even if you put it in all caps. I'm sure your nutritionist can explain this to you.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

About 15 years ago I had to start cooking for myself. I was amazed at the ingredients in the food I ate all my life. No wonder I had to have open heart. Now everything is under control [with the help of drugs} and has been for quite while. I now eat some things in moderation that used to be a staple.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '14

@firefly, I don't think I would have it on a sandwich, though I did try a little on a toasted english muffin and it would definitely satisfy the peanut butter urge, I'm thinking more along the lines of adding it to smoothies.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

@Old Gent..it is to bad we can't go back 15 years and change before things happened. Glad to hear you've got yourself on a good track now.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

Bessie it is a processed food no matter how you look at it. I am just giving advice you can take it or leave it your choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processed_food

Christine Christine
Apr '14

I think it might be a great way to add some flavor to smoothies...for me the whole point was to replace calories and use on toast for breakfast and it just didn't cut it. I know some people really like it and I would say give it a try!

Firefly Firefly
Apr '14

So are you saying you eat nothing processed?

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

Firefly, I can see where it would not fill that need, lol. I'm thinking mixing a little with a serving of whipped cream cheese and putting on an English muffin. Freezing a banana and trying in a smoothie for breakfast in the morning. Will let you know how it is

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

No, Christine. You're not giving advice. You're being patronizing and rude. It is not "advice" to condescend to people about something you admit to "just learning" how to do. It is not advice to spew false facts or unrelated topics (who said anything about potatoes?) to further a point that didn't need to be made in the first place. I never said anything about PB2, so your reposting of an article stating that it's not organic is irrelevant. The product I purchased, that is also the heading of this very topic, is 100% all natural, gluten free, certified organic.

Here is the product info again. http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_detail.php?id=287&ref=0

Run it by your nutritionist and get back to us about how bad it is for you. I'll wait.

PS: Nothing in that wikipedia article states that 100% all natural and organic peanuts, coconut sugar, and sea salt is a processed food. Combining three ingredients in one jar does not a processed product make.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '14

A health food store told be that Just Great Stuff is better than PB2. Besides the sugar that is included in PB2 there was another reason, I just don't remember what it was.

Tweety Tweety
Apr '14

Bessie I am sorry you feel that way. I would like to know where I was rude and condescending since most of my post was copy and pasted .It was not meant to be. Like I said I was giving advice do with what you want with it.

To answer your question yes I do eat some processed foods they are practically unavoidable such as cheeses. We are slowly going to organic eating as it is much healthier and causes less diseases

Ever hear of GMO's? I am learning that now and you would be shocked.

Christine Christine
Apr '14

GMO's have been in our food supply for around 20 years now. I find it surprising that anyone would not be aware of this. The controversy of GMO's has been in the media for a long time.

happiest girl
Apr '14

The peanut butter banana smoothie coming to Panera bread is made with this. It should be out in 2 weeks.

paneragirl
May '14

add farmed salmon to you list of foods to avoid - hard to avoid gmo food now -until labeling is required everywhere

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

I do use it in smoothies and shakes. I appreciate the fact that it has less fat than traditional peanut butter. And it tastes great when you make it into a paste!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '14

5catmom...I've stopped buying all Atlantic salmon because it's almost all farm raised. Unfortunately, Pacific wild caught is so expensive!

Tracy Tracy
May '14

Wild caught is expensive - but it is so delicious - had some for dinner - and so far as we know - good for you - and shop rite is getting more types in soon ---so - I've seen the lab studies on some of the farmed salmon and wouldn't feed it to my cats ---damn shame

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

We use just great stuff in our organic smoothies at Hackettstown Health foods also proud to announce we are serving vegan lunch buffet from 11 am to 1 pm every day juice bar is open regular business hours

Uzma,
Please tell us more about the vegan lunch buffet --- is it carry out or eat in store; price; etc.

happiest girl
Aug '14

I sure hope those great soups are part of the buffet, the chili and the lentil are both terrific.

Finally Real good business justice

http://medinagazette.northcoastnow.com/2014/09/20/peanut-plant-owner-convicted-salmonella-deaths/

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.