Skydiver dies in crash-here in NJ!

I saw the headline and nearly had a heart attack - apparently there's more Washingtons than the formal name for Long Valley and Washington off 57. Seems that he hit the ground w/ out a parachute. Another reason why I would NEVER skydive. Condolences to the family.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/skydiver-injured-washington-township-accident-224627134.html

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

There are at least three Washington Townships in this state. Thanks to the cracker-jack Patch journalism, one never knows which one, since they never mention a county to go along with. This happened in the Gloucester County WT. What a horrible way to go. Condolences to the victim and his family and those witnesses.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '14

Tracy - Besides the three mentioned already there are three more. Bergen County, Mercer County, and Burlington County all have a Washington Township.

I went to the website and viewed what people are posting on Yahoo.It sickens me to think that anyone would make a joke over a persons death.Shame on those who make fun of something like that.My prayers go out to the family.

Sierra Sierra
Apr '14

...but you will drive in a car and how many people die in car related accidents.

I believe there are 5 washingtons in NJ, plus washingston's crossing.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Apr '14

From Wikipedia -

Washington Township, Bergen County, New Jersey
Washington Township, Burlington County, New Jersey
Washington Township, Gloucester County, New Jersey
Washington Township, Morris County, New Jersey
Washington Township, Warren County, New Jersey

There is no Washington Township in Mercer County. On November 6, 2007, voters approved by a vote of 1,816 to 693 a measure that changed the township's name from Washington Township to Robbinsville, named after a settlement within the township. The official changeover took place January 1, 2008, as signs and other items with "Washington" on them began to be changed.

In addition in Warren County there is Washington Borough.

Oh yes, lots of Washingtons in NJ. Guess George got around.

Such a sad story. God bless this man and his family.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

I went skydiving there (Washington Twp/Sewell) 10 yrs ago. :(

h-town proud h-town proud
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.