RIP Dr. Chet (Chester Skiba Hackettstown ER)

Dr. Skiba passed away suddenly. I worked with him in the ER...such an amazing man who will be missed.

Summer Summer
Apr '14

RIP,Great doctor !

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that - He was such a nice man - Alway a smile on his face. What a loss. God Bless Him. Prayers and condolences to the family.

sosadsad sosadsad
Apr '14

He was a great man! I will miss seeing his smiling face at HRMC.

catlover1 catlover1
Apr '14

WOW. Anybody knows what happened?

He was the Doctor last year when I went for a kidney stone.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Apr '14

He was the first ER Dr. I saw in HRMC. Nice guy and knowledgeable. I will miss seeing him there.

Christine Christine
Apr '14

I was always happy to see him when I went to the ER to get my wounds sewed back together. Yes, I'm a clutz. He was always pleasant and thorough. I'll miss him. He was one of the best. My sympathies to his family.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Apr '14

RIP Dr. Skiba. He was on duty a few times when I needed the ER. Dr. Skiba was very nice, knowledgeable, easy to talk and explained things well. He cared. My Condolences to his family, friends and co-workers.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '14

RIP Dr. Skiba. He was there when I went to ER. Nice man.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

RIP DR. Skiba. my condolences to the family he was a great man and doctor will be missed by many

animallover animallover
Apr '14

He was such a great man...full of life!

He died at home suddenly..feel so bad for his wife, children and the staff at Hackettstown who tried so hard to save him

Summer Summer
Apr '14

my condolences and prayers for the
family. Is the hospital planning a
memorial?

BONNIE HAYNES BONNIE HAYNES
Apr '14

Dr. Skiba was the deciding difference in whether or not we
decided to go to the ER. i have had more life experience
going to emergency rooms around the world than I would
wish on anyone.
I ride horses. i remember being thrown by my ex mare.
there i was lying on my butt with a splitting headache
a cracked helmet, a loose tooth,and a very sore hip. Riders tend to just suck it up and
not go....unless they remain unconscious...
my friends were kind enough to get the horse,
drag me to the house, give me an ice pack for my
neck and let me sit....
they also know enough to spot clear breaks...
so i sat there and they said, you dont need the er..
you are just banged up, why go to the er.
and i pulled out my cell phone, and hit
speed dial.. as i said, lets just see who is on today.
If Skiba is on, we are going. everyone agreed..

BONNIE HAYNES BONNIE HAYNES
Apr '14

Dr. Chet Skiba was a wonderful person and terrific doctor. His smile belied the stresses he faced day and night handling emergencies at HRMC's ER or running the group of ER docs there. My condolences go out to his dear family, friends, colleagues, coworkers—everyone who was touched by this exceptional gentleman and who realizes that he left this life much too early. May God rest your soul, my friend.

Bill W. Bill W.
Apr '14

Dr. Skiba was truly an amazing doctor. Not only was he professional, he was like having a family member at the hospital with you. On several occasions, knowing that he would be the doctor on call at the emergency room, I was so relieved. He had a genuine calming and caring smile and was always so reassuring that everything would be fine. Many years ago I worked with him at the emergency room- he was the best! My condolences to his family-

Monika H. Monika H.
Apr '14

Dr. Skiba will indeed be missed. We felt very secure and comforted when under his care in the ER. His calm and instinctively "knowing" demeanor put us at such ease during the most nerve-wracking moments. Our heartfelt sympathies to his family..

reikilady reikilady
Apr '14

I'm friends with one of his daughters...

So sad.

Dr. Skiba, RIP.

MARMC MARMC
Apr '14

Our hearts are broken to read about Chet's passing. I write this with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. We've known Dr. Skiba for well over 20 years. As little as 4 weeks ago we saw him professionally at the ER and he calmly helped us over a dire medical emergency. He will be greatly missed in the ER, medical community, and by the thousands of lives he directly touched. May God Bless him, and help his family through their sorrow.

USAfirst USAfirst
Apr '14

My daughter was here from Delhi, India and was very sick. Off to HRMC ER we went. Not knowing what was going on, Dr.Skiba met her first. He knew the symptoms of Dengay fever- rare for most US ER docs. She got the right meds, responded fully and recovered. He was amazing, kind and thorough. Sorry he is gone. We need more docs like Dr. Skiba.

T Braddock T Braddock
Apr '14

he is so missed....I get a lump in my throat every time I think about it. He was so brilliant!

Summer Summer
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.