What happened on Rt 57 this afternoon 4/14

Does anyone know what was happening on rt.57 just past Washington? I drove through this afternoon and it was closed in both directions past the new WaWa. All traffic had to turn right down brass Castle rd. I have no idea how much further down it was closed. There was just a sign that said 'traffic emergency ahead'. Is it reopened yet?

I believe there was a telephone pole just past Tractor Supply that was leaning and blowing with the wind! There were some lines involved also.

Summer Summer
Apr '14

Thanks, that makes sense! It sure was windy! I'm assuming it should be black to normal for tomorrow.

Actually it was a case of electrical wires down on the roadway infront of The Half Pint Nursery. Traffic originally was reduced to a single lane around 1:30 when I first drive through. Detours were set up shortly after that. West bound traffic on Rt 57 was detoured at Brass Castle (by the Quik Chek) and East bound traffic was sent up Little Philadelphia Road.

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Apr '14

Wawa? Think you mean Quik Chek.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

Damn. Got my hopes up that a Wawa appeared locally without me knowing!

btownguy btownguy
Apr '14

Me too, I was wishing for someone to build a Wawa instead of a Quick Chek for a change.

Wendy Wendy
Apr '14

Yes, quick check, sorry about that. Didn't mean to get everyone excited!

If you find a WaWa they are offering free coffee today.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2014/04/free_coffee_at_wawa_for_convenience_stores_50th_anniversary.html

There's a WaWa in P'burg on Roseberry St. There is another one on 22 near the Super Walmart. I think that's LoPat, but not sure where the exact borders are there. ianimal?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

I'm pretty sure the WaWa near the Walmart is considered Pohatcong.

positive positive
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.