Cleaning Lady Recommendations

I know their has been many posts about this, but nothing real recent. I am looking for a cleaning lady that will come maybe once a month. Any suggestions?

townmom townmom
Feb '14

Hi my name is Heather and I have very satisfied customers (local). Please feel free to call me 908 887 1330. We can discuss your needs. I tailor my services to the clients needs.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you!

Heather K Heather K
Feb '14

I know someone that would do a fantastic job. She has been cleaning my home for 15years and is local and brings her own supplies. Very afforable. Feel free to contact me with any additonal info (201) 275-3875

I am also interested in a cleaning service.

Me- Budget Home Cleaning in Hackettstown are fantastic, honest and caring. Here is the link to their website.

http://www.budgethomecleaning.com/

positive positive
Feb '14

Positive, we contacting them and the price was very high. Thank you anyway.

me - May I ask what price you were quoted by Budget and for what size house?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

me- I do not know your situation and what type of cleaning you are looking for. All I know is that I have known and worked for the owners of Budget for years.

Depending on the condition of the house and what the customer wants...that's where you might find a difference in price. All I know is that they do an exceptional job, beyond most people's expectations.

I have worked for other cleaning services and none of them can even come close to what Budget does.

I do understand that some people may be better off with a cleaning person rather than a service... when it comes to affordability.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

positive positive
Feb '14

I live in a two bedroom town home. They quoted $110 an hour over the phone. They have not seen my home. We are use to paying $75.

Me - I have a bigger town home -have someone I've used a number of years - she comes with 2 helpers and I pay 100 for the job - $110 an hour sounds very high - in fact I've never paid by the hour...............I'd give you a name and number but she is fully booked

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

$110/hr.? WOW! I don't know how big their crews are, but it would take a minimum hours to clean a 2 bedroom townhome even with 3-4 people if the job was thorough.

I agree with 5catmom, usually a cleaning service or cleaning person will come to the house and quote you a flat fee, not an hourly rate.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

I thought it was crazy too!

My previous post should say "minimum of 2 hours", not "minimum hours". Whooops!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

Hi my name is Shelley and I have been cleaning for over 10 yrs. I can give you references. We are very reasonable. If you'd like to give me a call my number is 908-698-9815

shelley moore shelley moore
Feb '14

Budget must have changed their way of pricing. I worked for them years ago and they always quoted a flat rate. Are you sure they said "per hour"? And they always went to the house and gave a FREE estimate. They usually send 3-4 girls to do a house. Had some customers complain because they asked the girls a question, but the girls couldnt understand english. Owners are great people. Good luck!

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

We used Ziggy (Family Cleaning - 973-907-0110) until we moved out of area The price is affordable and we were very satisfied with the level of cleaning and their willingness to accommodate our needs.

Castano Cleaning Sevices located out of Mine Hill NJ. Diana has been cleaning my home for 2 1/2 years. She is very thorough everything sparkles when she leaves. She comes in with 2 or 3 people and and for a 2 bedroom it is $70.00. They are insured, Give free estimates, has references, I also hired them to do my windows, they also do rug cleaning. Plus 30% off initial job. Go onto their FB... Castano Cleaning. 973-876-4630/8625797132

Patty Patty
Feb '14

We are very pleased and love Beachee Clean. They have a long list of things they do. They come as a team, the owner is always with them.
They are great. They go above and beyond, the house is spotless.
In addition they are always so nice to our dog.
Being they work as a team they can finish faster. We genuinely give them high praise. There phone # 908.625.2560 or 908.625.0703. The owners are Jackie and Joy, both nice professional women.

susan susan
Feb '14

How much for a one bedroom apartment ?

MikeL MikeL
Feb '14

Re: Cleaning Lady Recommendations

Here is my cleaning lady I have her here 7 days a week, I can't seem to remember her name. but that's OK. She is very expensive but well worth it.

ignatz ignatz
Feb '14

Now that's a cleaning lady

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '14

can I borrow her, Iggy??

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

We have scheduled Beachee clean to come next week. Thank you for all the great recommendations!

We use the maids and they are amazing!

Alison1 Alison1
Feb '14

Hi, my name is Carrie and I am the owner of Carrie's Cleaning Service, LLC. Right now I am not accepting new clients but I can offer some advise when looking for a Cleaning Lady/Cleaning Service. I have heard great things about Beachee Clean so I'm sure you will do well with them. What cleaning services will often do is charge an hourly rate for the first time deep cleaning, and then another rate for your ongoing maintenance cleanings. I personally like to see each home ahead of time to avoid any surprises, but a company can quote you an hourly rate over the phone without seeing it because if you are willing to pay an hourly rate the only reason to see the house first would be for scheduling purposes. I can tell you that I have been to homes where I have gone for an estimate, quoted a flat rate price, and when cleaning day came the house was trashed and took twice as long to clean. An hourly rate will protect a business from surprises like that. I will say that $110 per hour seems high, but not the first time I've heard this about other companies. I can tell you that my rate for first time cleanings is $75 per hour. However, I usually cap it at a certain amount and/or time limit so that the pricing doesn't get out of control. I would say anywhere from $75 to $90 per hour is about average for a first time cleaning with a good reputable cleaning service. Having cleaning several townhouses in the Hackettstown area I can tell you that $75 for a regular weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cleaning is way too low of a price for a business to make any money, especially if they have a crew. For a two bedroom townhouse with a finished basement you could probably expect pricing with a service to fall anywhere between $90-$110 for a regular cleaning depending on frequency of cleaning, how many people live in the house, how much "stuff" is in the house to be dusted or navigated around, carpet or bare floors, whether the client is home during cleaning (you'd be surprised how much of a difference that makes with timing), the level of attention to detail you are looking for, and sometimes even your preference for what day of the week you have your cleaning done on. You may be able to find an individual who does cleaning privately for cash to clean for $75 because the only thing you're paying for is their time, but for a business who carries insurance and has a crew on their payroll you're going to pay more. Just remember that you often get what you pay for. Be careful with hiring individuals who are not insured. If something gets broken or damaged you are SOL and if they get hurt you may be asked to put in a Workers Comp claim against your homeowners insurance. Just some things to think about. Like I said, I am not taking on any new clients at this time so I have nothing to gain by misleading you. Just looking to be helpful. Each cleaning service will offer something a little different than others, and some clients expect more than others. Pricing will reflect the amount of detail or "extras" that you are looking for to be included in your cleaning. Not all cleaning services and clients are a good match for each other, but I would give your cleanings a few times to work out the kinks before moving on to a new one. Make sure you communicate your needs and expectations very clearly to the owners to help ensure that your cleaning experience will be great and continue on the right path. I hope that this info is at least somewhat helpful to some. Good luck!!!

Carrie Gajda Carrie Gajda
Feb '14

I have worked for a couple of cleaning companies and they never quoted a price per hour. They went to the house and did a FREE estimate and quoted a flat fee. First time cleaning charge was quoted then depending on how often they wanted it cleaned, a biweekly or once a month charge was quoted. Also, contract was signed stating that everything must be up off the floors. Clothes, toys, etc...and if the house was found to be in a different condition then the initial walk thru and estimate, charge would be adjusted and if it was really, really, bad, we have the right to leave and not clean it and a fee would be charged for our time. This way the customer cant take advantage of the service, because some will. Also if we came to your house on your scheduled day and were locked out, the customer would be charged a lock-out fee. Its all called CYA!

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

Carrie, very informative - thanks for sharing your perspective! You mention that you may price differently depending on whether the client will be home during cleanings or not. I'm curious if that means you'll price higher or lower? In order words, from a cleaning company's perspective, is that a positive or a negative? How is timing affected by that?

klb13
Feb '14

You're welcome! Honestly, when I know that the homeowner will always be he during their cleaning I do take that into consideration when pricing because in my experience it always takes longer to get the job done. Often times you end up chatting with them and in some cases you need to work around them. For example, last month we went to clean a home where the homeowners are always home and while trying to get finished up with vacuuming and mopping they needed to get on a conference call for work and we were asked not to run the vacuum until they were finished. We ended up spending about 30 minutes longer than we would have if they had not been home or not needed this accommodation. I have also had homeowners question why we might get their house clean so quickly and want us to spend more time than planned. I have encountered people in the shower when we need to clean, in the kitchen making coffee when we're trying to clean, preparing breakfast or lunch while trying to clean, and the list goes on. Another thing to consider are little "extras" that folks think of since they are home that are not part of a regular cleaning but they think of it on the spot causing delay with the cleaning. I love all my clients and consider them friends, but when it's time to work I like to go head down and do what I need to do in a timely, efficient manner. Some clients make it difficult to do that when they are home. I actually don't do that very often, but If i do decide to charge more for the fact that they will be home it's not a lot more. Just a small amount. If someone assures me they will stay out of our way I don't even think about it. I know that's probably more information than you were looking for, just trying to thoroughly explain myself :) Like I said, each cleaning service is a little different. It's really about finding one that you can feel comfortable with.

Carrie Gajda Carrie Gajda
Feb '14

bugethomecleaning...too expensive and do not wash floors that's extra. We use them now but I am looking for someone new. 1st time they came to clean they had to come back because they missed so much. Ceiling fans were not all dusted dirt/dust on floor by furniture.
My home is quite clean to begin with. Just looking for a cleaners that can clean by our standards.

We had great cleaners at one point but they broke things in our home and never told us. I was home during cleaning one day and I heard something drop and break. They put it back on wall broken and never told us. It was a family heirloom that could not be replaced. I hated to let them go because they were excellent at cleaning.

Guess we will try Beachee Clean

Astrat Astrat
Sep '14

Has anyone used Keepin' It Clean?

Tracy Tracy
Sep '14

Highly recommend Carries Cleaning Service. We have been using her for several months. Her prices are very reasonable and her staff is quick and does a great job.

Harrismama
Sep '14

I use Julie's House Keeping. LOVE her. I have used her for years. My kids always find money on their beds (because they lose it). She does everything. I have never had her come back. completely trust her.
973-309-6484

I have recommended her to a bunch of people and they all still use her.

Just Asking Just Asking
Sep '14

Hi everyone! My name is Jacquie Truex and my husband Bill & I own Budget Home & Office Cleaning. I would like to address what Astrat has said about our company. I just want to make it clear to anyone who has read Astrat comment is that are cleaning fee includes washing the floors in the bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and entryway. We wash the floors on hands and knees. We only charge extra to wash floors(wood, tile Pergo etc) in any additional rooms that are not listed above. It takes so much more time when we need to wash additional floors on hands and knees so we do need to charge extra for that service. We have been in the business of cleaning homes and offices for 20 years so we must be doing something right.

Jacquie Jacquie
Sep '14

I have used Budget many times and we will continue to use them. One time the ladies had missed cleaning something so we called the office to let them know and they were out the next day to take care of it with out a charge.

JD4020 JD4020
Sep '14

Thank you JD2040 :-)

Jacquie Jacquie
Sep '14

I used Carrie for my house and I would HIGHLY recommend her. Not sure if she is taking on new clients considering I just moved recently out of state so maybe she is taking on new ones!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Sep '14

Beachie clean is the best without a doubt. Before contacting Beachie, we contacted Budget. Budget is out of their minds with how much they wanted.

Derek Derek
Oct '14

Budget Home Cleaning is the most thorough, trustworthy and personable cleaning service that I have ever experienced.

positive positive
Oct '14

Thank you positive :) Jacquie

Jacquie Truex Jacquie Truex
Oct '14

+1 positive. ;-)

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '14

I guess I feel that to pay over 300.00 to have someone clean my home the 1st time and then have to call them back because they missed so much just bothers me. And then to constantly miss the same things just about every cleaning? We gave up and got rid of them after 3-4 cleanings.

Astrat Astrat
Nov '14

Astrat-do you have a very large house?

Nov '14

I have a cleaning woman who comes every other week. Each time she comes she spends less and less time. I feel like she does a superficial job and not the deep clean I am paying for her to do. Am I being too picky? I would like all the walls and baseboards examined and if dirty washed down. We have a dog that slobbers, so not every wall needs to be washed. I'm looking for slobber spot cleaning. The bathroom tile has some mildew in the grout that should be scrubbed and doesn't look touched. We have bunk beds in one room. She never makes the top bunk. Tile floor in kitchen has some spots that still look dirty after she comes. My house has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. The last time she was here only 3 hours. We are paying $100.00.

Here you go
Nov '14

Here you go, Sorry,, but you are paying next to nothing for your size house and what you expect done. But if thats what she agreed to, then that's her problem. Tell her what you want done and what she is missing. If it continues, fire her, but you won't find anyone to do it that cheap. Wow!

Nov '14

I agree that $100 is very cheap for a 4 br, 3.5 bath house. I also agree that 3 hrs. isn't enough time to clean a house that size.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

$100 for 3 hours and travel time/gas is about all you can expect out of someone.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Cleaning grout on tile bathroom floor is something you need a company to do, like Stanley Steemer. Most house cleaners will mop the floor, not scrub grout. A lot dont make beds either. We dont. If you agree to do it, it will cost more. There is a BIG difference between house cleaners and maids.

Nov '14

$100 is a great price. We pay $107 but only have a 3 bedroom and 2 1/2 bath. She does an ok job but not fantastic. I have a slobbery dog as well but clean the walls myself since that is not part of what they do. I would have to pay extra. She also doesn't make the beds. We make our own beds every morning. I don't think that is the cleaninig person's job unless you don't mind paying extra.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Nov '14

+1jazzykatt.

For what she is paying, $100, definitely shouldn't complain.

Nov '14

To clarify - it's the tile grout in the stall shower wall, not the floor. I wouldn't expect her to clean the grout on a tiled floor. She also doesn't clean one of the full bathrooms that is in the basement.

Here you go
Nov '14

Here you go-got cha. I still say speak to her and tell her your complaints. If she doesn't improve, check around for someone else. Good luck!

Nov '14

We are now going to try Merry Maids who will work with you and not charge an initial cleaning fee if you just had your home cleaned. They are also 30.00 less than the last two cleaners we had. I do have a big home but it is kept very clean and neat. Any service that has come into our home has noted this and mentioned how clean/neat we keep the house.

I said I would never pay the 300+ fee that Budget Clean wanted but some of you liked them so I got sucked in. We gave them a lot of money in the 3 months we used them and were not happy with the results. Same with Beachie. 160.00 to clean my home and we gave them several cleanings to see if they would meet our expectations. I am sure both companies do a great job for some of you but they do not meet our standards and I wish them the best in business and hope they learn to slow down and listen. Also if you want to collect big money for your services then you had better make a point of not having to come back or be told multiple times what you missed.

Astrat Astrat
Nov '14

Astrat, Sounds like you have had several cleaning people over time and not one has met your standards? Hmmm.... any chance your expectations are a bit high? It would be unusual for you not to be made fully aware of what services the company/ person would provide during each visit to your home.. This is always discussed during the initial visit, no? If not, then it should be.

So are you stating that the companies you hired were not doing all of the tasks agreed upon? or is it a case where they said they would do a,b,c and you just assumed that they would also include x,y, z ? I know there are times some may not be happy with a service or a certain company, but I start to wonder when they go through several and are still not happy. It may be time to consider that the problem is "you"

I would also add that $160.00 for a "big" home is more than reasonable and I would expect it to only include a very BASIC cleaning. If you want a more detailed job, I assume the rate increases accordingly.

My experiences are similar to Astrat's, we have been told our house is in good shape and have had services skip the first deep clean. I have a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house and have been through several cleaning services. I found the issue is the first clean, the deep clean is usually good, then over time the service drops off. I have found some of the services were not doing the tasks they had listed on their agreement or website, I went back and checked before saying anything because I wanted to make sure it was something that they said they would do. So I don't think I was asking too much and I really don't like to complain.

Currently we are using The Maids and pay $195.00. Yes, it's high, but we are satisfied with their service.

Lynnada Lynnada
Nov '14

Re: Cleaning Lady Recommendations

JRT

It is not me nor my wife. My wife went and took a wipe and swiped the floors where they are supposed to be cleaning and they were filthy. My wife vacuumed several days after they cleaned because she saw dust/dirt and the canister was filled with dust etc. I actually took a picture because we were going to ask them why. My son even said something about the dust that was left in the corners of his room.

I expect to get what I pay for. I grew up when you word was your bond and that when I said I would do something I would go out of my way to do it to the best of my ability.
I find that in todays world (not just in the cleaning business) your word and doing a good job is a rare policy. May be because for most younger Americans, their parents never taught them the value of a dollar and the value of you word. They were just given everything because god forbid they grew up wanting like their parents maybe did. It is getting harder and harder to find good services/work ethics unless you are dealing with a big corporation who will (usually) do everything to make their customers happy.
We actually had the best cleaning people earlier on (as far as doing an excellent cleaning job) but they were not insured and broke several things and never told us. We did not say anything until I was home one day and heard a plate drop. Come to find out after they left it was a valuable hanging dish. Again they did not tell us and when we confronted them they said they for got to tell us but they were going to.

Anyway this will be my last post here so I wish everyone well in their cleaning adventures and hope that what I have said here goes a long way for the cleaners who come here to read up.

Astrat Astrat
Nov '14

Astrat - I think I had those cleaning people as well!

Lynnada Lynnada
Nov '14

Astrat-several days later you will have dust. Cant hold the cleaning company responsible for that. People come and go from the day the house is clean to the next clean. SMH!

Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.