Tap House Grille Taking over Bensi

http://www.taphousenj.com .The Tap House Grille with another location in Wayne and the same group as Sushi Lounge( Morristown, Totowa,and Hoboken. We will be taking over the Bensi Location. We are known for great Food and Beer and exceptional service. We will be renovating the whole place expanding the bar and taps. Great FOOD, SERVICE,and Beer. Look at our Menu online from our other Location.

AndrewG AndrewG
Feb '14

Damn. I liked Bensi. Especially their salads and pizza. This blows.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '14

Love the idea of the Jazz Brunch. Nice touch. I would also love to see some nice live acoustic music Thurs, Fri, Sat Sun nights early like 7-9 Good Luck.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '14

Hopefully they will retain the staff as they were exceptional in caring for the patrons.

Well, I guess I can throw out the Valupack Coupon that I have for Bensi! LOL

I do have a friend that is a big fan of Tap House Grill, so he is happy to hear this.

Coralie Coralie
Feb '14

This is great news! We hated Bensi. It will be great to have another location in the area with a good variety of beers.

When will the change be happening?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

When are you officially the Tap House Grille?

happycamper happycamper
Feb '14

Hope its better then Bensi. Wasnt a fan.

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

Calico soon, you know as in Coming Soon

eapos eapos
Feb '14

We liked Bensi. They had some good pappardelle and I also liked their seafood pasta dish. Kids loved the chocolate lava cake (was a treat for them after each band recital.)

Regarding the Tap House, I hope the food is better than "just good pub food" accompanied by great beer selections. I want to see more "upscale" restaurants here (doesn't have to be 5 star but higher quality would be appreciated.) The menu looks limited from an entree perspective so hope those dishes are stellar. It reminds me of the Long Valley Pub & Brew menu (which does not have a stellar selection.)

I see they have a pizza menu. Hopefully they upgrade the pizza oven that Bensi's had. I prefer a crusty, slightly charred pizza crust (like from a wood oven). Long Valley Seafood (or whatever it's name is now) had a nice pizza crust.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '14

LOL eapos. So true. ;-)

This will be good competition for Bea McNally's. A little competition is a good thing.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '14

Lots of IPA's on tap. I'm in

sack
Feb '14

Is Bensi still open?

I thought they were ok, but Mom liked them. I did enjoy the salad pizza though.

Lynnada Lynnada
Feb '14

That's great! Did not like Bensis at all.

Christine Christine
Feb '14

I liked Bensi. They all seem to be disappearing though.

Oh well. Best of luck to Tap House.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '14

Agreed tracy while visiting friends over the holidays we noticed the north arlington nj bensi had closed and was shocked. They always seemed to do an amazing business in that location. Maybe its just me but the food Ive had at that location always seemed to taste better than what was being served at the Mansfield location.

All disappearing tells you something. Not up to par.

botheredbyuu
Feb '14

~15 locations don't just disappear because they're all not up to par. These were all franchise start ups in the NJ area approximately 10-12 years ago. The expansion was quite surprising to me and many of the locations seemed to be right down the street from each other. The Denville location always seems busy too. If that one closes, then it's definitely not because of lack of business.

Vic - I know what you mean. We've been to both the East Hanover and Denville locations and they all seem different from a quality perspective.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '14

I am going to miss BENSI's What happened here? I hope this place is better than
the place opposite from the Post Office.. That place is really poor.

Isabella Isabella
Feb '14

I think restaurants in a strip mall generally have a tough time. I went to Bensi's several times and found it to be good. The bar lacked atmosphere I thought although there were always people at the bar and the staff was outstanding.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '14

I bet there will still be that awful stench. That ruins any appetite, except maybe a tapeworm

BEER, beer, and more beer; raised in the family business. Good restaurant, modern bar, just out of town line., Specialized in ONE BEER - draught. Customers would only appreciate and accept the brand as tendered. Could it be they were beer drinkers then? Knew what good beer meant!

old soldier old soldier
Feb '14

This sounds good to me. Bensi is ok but there are too many Italian restaurants around.

Bryan Bryan
Feb '14

We had dinner there on Friday night. The food was good, the waiter was good, but the chick that greets and seats is a bit rough.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Feb '14

Website says they deliver at their Wayne and Totowa locations. I hope they deliver here. Something delivered other than pizza and crappy Chinese food would be welcomed!

JustSayinInHtown
Feb '14

No matter how good it will be there wont be enough volume in this area to sustain it. IMO

jerseycash5
Feb '14

It's so great that everyone on this forum is a restauranteur. Hopefully a nice place will want to survive in a town where everyone is so critical. Good luck.

Hackettstownian
Feb '14

I spoke with the an employee from Bensi and he told me they are NOT closing. He mentioned someone from the Tap House had inquired about the business but they intend to remain open.

the sound guy the sound guy
Feb '14

We like bensi. Good thing too. I'm not impressed by the tap house menu at all.

gemmi
Feb '14

Andrewg made it sound like an owner or partner so I would think they would not post unless a deal was close to done.

We liked certain things on the Bensi menu and are sorry to see it go - it was an option to the typical pub food in so many places around here - that being said, the awful sewer stench in the parking lot was a turn off... I wonder if the new place would deal with that?

pmnsk pmnsk
Feb '14

I have eaten there MANY times, and while I have smelled the sewer occasionally while driving by, in all the dozens if times I've gone to eat there I have never once smelled this sewer stench in the parking lot.

And it's not an issue with the restaraunt, I'm sure- it's probably an issue with the entire building, so NO- a new place taking over wont fix it.

Feb '14

That's odd Jefferson, I have eaten there many times and our family have definitely smelled the sewer stench in the parking lot - wonder why if varies - either way, not an appetizing greeting for a restaurant... it's a shame that the building owner doesn't address this.. not something you want to be known for!!

pmnsk pmnsk
Feb '14

Personally its irresponsible of a possible business owner to put this out there if its not final and the current restaurant is still trying to do business.

Steve-0 Steve-0
Feb '14

Worst news ever since DiMaio's closing. Bensi's is our favorite for Italian food and we have given up on getting decent pizza in the immediate area. When will this change occur? I don't look forward to driving all the way to Denville to use up our gift certificates.
Regarding that sewer smell, I usually smell it across the road in that parking lot but not so much near Bensi's. There aren't any smell inside the restaurant so I don't consider it an issue.

Wendy Wendy
Feb '14

Hackettstown`s Sewer plant sits behind there, across the river, maybe that is where the smell is coming from.

@ Wendy I think the Bensi in Ledgewood is still open.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '14

In the summer, when the air conditioning is on, the stench comes inside. I complained to a waiter once, and he picked up and stuck a cheese dispenser right under my nose and tried to convince me that is what the smell was! True story.

Feb '14

HMUA has a sewage treatment settling pond directly on the other side of the river. That's the likely culprit, but I doubt if they'll admit it. I wonder if Bensi is doing everything they can to close this deal in the winter before the new buyers even find out about the awful smell in the summer time.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Feb '14

Calico - Did you ever get in touch with Andrew G from the Tap House Grille to find out when they are taking over the Mansfield Bensi?

BLD - I spoke to John, manager at the Tap House Grille's Wayne location, and he said most likely mid-summer.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

Too many italian restaurants in town Bryan? They are pizzerias, I was wishing for a really good italian restaurant to come to town, I have to travel to La Strada or further east to get really good northern italian food, but I am also spoiled growing up in essex county where there were lots of great restaurants around. We are getting some other good restaurants now though, I am happy about that.

Iluvsnow
Mar '14

Great news! I miss some high end food. I was a huge fan of sushi lounge in m orristown, and keep meaning to try the morris tap and grill. Bensi is really just another Olive Garden, that is NOT Italian food. Sorry.

Mrs.T Mrs.T
Mar '14

Bensi is closed now. I liked the chopped salad pizza

colleen26 colleen26
Apr '14

It sounds like this new place will be good. A fresh new quality place to eat! I can't wait to try it.

Nancy G
Apr '14

I just looked at the menu for the Tap House Grille. Looks like a big selection.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Apr '14

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Apr '14

Nothing personal against the THG, I would rather see them succeed than to have an empty building. BUT...

This town does NOT need another Bea's/Marley's/Ruby's/Applebees.... and judging by the menu, that's what the tap house grill is.

Apr '14

HA HA JR. I feel the same way. Bensi may not have been the finest Italian but it's nuts to say it was Olive Garden. I'm going to miss their seafood pasta (how many places serve up a squid ink pasta around here?)

I'm sure when this non-franchise business opens up, the sewer smell of Bensi's will miraculously go away for a lot of people.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

"I'm sure when this non-franchise business opens up, the sewer smell of Bensi's will miraculously go away for a lot of people."

You mean sheople. ;)

Loved Bensi's salads and personal pizzas. Their pasta was good too, I'm just not the biggest pasta guy. Can't tell you how many times I ate there, or picked up dinner to bring home from there, but it was easily as many times (probably more) than any other place in town.

If I want beer and loud atmosphere, and bar food, I go to Bea's

If I want the best burger in town, or bar food, I go to Marley's (wife says their chop chop salad is the best salad in town)

If I want the best continental cuisine in town I go to Prickly Pear (Mattar's also good)

If I want the best (only) Thai-fusion (also some of the best food in town) I go to Pandan Room

Japanese: Fujiyama

Mediterranean: Mezza House

...so WHY do I want to go to THG? They have burgers, beer, bar food..... WHAT is going to make them so great again? At least Bensi was DIFFERENT.

I'll miss those garlic knots.....sigh.....

Apr '14

We are excited to be coming to town and love all the opinions and feedback from this site. We believe Taphouse Grille will help fill a void in town and look forward to serving all of you!

Cheers,

Mike
Taphouse Grille

Good gourmet-style brick-oven/wood-fired oven style pizza - that's the void this town needs to fill. I'm not talking about good crust with your same old toppings. Go all the way. If you read the "best pizza" thread, you'll see people will far for good pizza. You will have people beating down your doors if you get it right.

And good wings...can never have enough good buffalo wing places.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

emaxxman - Did Gabby's close?

Bea's has a big menu selection and look where its gotten them. I like places that have a few super items on the menu that are consistently good. Marleys burgers and wings are very good and that is their main focus. Just use cash and you should be okay. LoL

jerseycash5
Apr '14

emaxxman, if you want squid ink pasta, try Foccaceria in Basking Ridge. They have it paired with shrimp fra diavolo. And it's house made. Some of the best past I've had in the area. Bit of a drive, but it's worth it. And it's BYOB. Great outdoor in the summer.

For a good gourmet pizza, you can try Piattinos in Mendham (King Shopping Center). Great wood fired crust. Also, Mama's Meatballs in Morristown has great pizza. They have coal and wood fired pies. And the meatballs are really good too.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

Meister, loved Foccaceria. Finally tried it last summer after driving past it for years. It was great.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '14

I wouldn't lead anyone astray when it comes to food. And I did mean to say pasta, not past. I type too fast sometimes.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

Both sound great. I'll have to check them out MNJ. Thanks.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

You won't be disappointed emaxx. All their pasta is homemade, and I don't know who their seafood supplier is, but it always tastes amazingly fresh. Like it's right out of the sea. It's one of our favorite places.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

Yeah, a good seafood place would be welcome. Not to knock the Red Lobster comment in the other thread but their seafood is actually very fresh (I know having worked there.) Preparation is another topic for another time. If a chain can get it, why does it seem so hard to get good seafood for consumers? Fujiyama has fresh sushi grade stuff.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

Bensi had squid ink pasta? How come I never caught that and I ate there a lot. Gonna miss that bensi salad and the sides broccoli rabe and escarole and beans. I wish all the luck in the world to the new place! Please don't disappoint!

Painkiller
Apr '14

It was an option with the seafood pasta. You could choose cappellini or squid ink linguini. To be honest, they got rid of the squid ink option over a year ago but the fact that they even offered it shows that they weren't your run of the mill pizzeria/Olive Garden. Their fresh pappardelle was good too.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '14

Wow, I missed that Bensi had actually closed. We weren't the only ones pulling up there tonight to find it shuttered.

Not sure what the new folks will do about the sewer stench though. I still crack up when think about the time the I asked the waiter what the smell was, and he took a cheese dispenser off of the next table and put it under my nose and said that was what the smell was!

Apr '14

and what about this post from the sound guy, he actually put NOT in uppercase to show us we were all wrong...NOT

"I spoke with the an employee from Bensi and he told me they are NOT closing. He mentioned someone from the Tap House had inquired about the business but they intend to remain open.
the sound guy
February 9th"

Apr '14

I would like a chain restaurant , like Red Lobster, Golden Corral , or Chick-Fil-A. That would be nice but I know it couldn't happen. If they haven't opened a store here already , they probably never will. Also, I seem to remember that there was a Boston Market here next to Texaco. Correct?

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

Yes, there was a Boston Market there..not sure why they closed down. I'm not into chain restaurants or fast food, but I did like Boston Market.

positive positive
Apr '14

The only "chain" I'd like is Bonefish Grill and that doesn't seem likely

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

Bensi is closed down. There is a note on the door.

sunshine11
May '14

It closed 2 weeks ago LOL

May '14

I am not surprised one bit that it closed. I once got a hair in my soup there and never came back. I think the Golden Skillet on Mountain Ave. is cleaner then Bensi was! LOL!

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
May '14

The Liquor License Has transfered and The TapHouse Grille will soon be coming to take over the old Bensi Location. Please watch for more updates.

Drew G Drew G
May '14

Thanks for the update Drew.

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

Boston Market was too healthy fast food for the area LOL!

As a patron the Wayne Tap House living in Hackettstown. Always had good service, good food, and good beer in Wayne. Happy to see them coming to the area!

They still have the sewage plant stench problem. Plus people around here shouldn't be drinking and driving. Hopefully they will do well but it is going to be challenging.

May '14

"people around here" ??????????

I would change that to people anywhere!!!

What about other bars? People drink there!

The stench is a problem!

Christine Christine
May '14

What I meant was that people in a city area can walk home or take cabs.

May '14

Re: Tap House Grille Taking over Bensi

Work will be under way soon!

andrewG andrewG
May '14

Thank goodness Bensi is gone! I went to pick up pizza from Bensi one evening and I saw one of the cooks cut open a Calzon and stick his finger in it to see if it was done and proceeded to place it on a plate and send it off to a customer YUCK!!!!!

Where can I get an application?

We could use a good Pub,with real Pub food .

"We could use a good Pub,with real Pub food ."

We have one- it's called Marley's.

Jun '14

When can a person put in a applications for a job?

Monika Moenikcheim Monika Moenikcheim
Jun '14

Just bumping this up to see if there is any new info on an opening date.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Opening looks like beginning of October. Spoke with someone today in the Wayne location. Also you can send resumes to the email tapehousegrille@yahoo.com. Cant wait for this place to open. Bensi was one of my favorite spots.

Painkiller
Aug '14

Any idea what these endeavors seem to take so long? People started working on the sports bar in Washington a couple weeks ago and they are slated to open mid to late September. This has been going on since February. Just saying.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Maybe they are finding a way to get rid of the sewage aroma.

Aug '14

Calico,

Maybe the tap house just announced their plans a lot earlier in the process. Plus, two different towns, so the processes might not be exactly the same. Just a thought.

MB - Could be. I was just curiousl

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Went to the one in Wayne a couple years back. Unfortunately it was the night before they were to have the special "limited" release of Flying Fish's "FU Sandy" on tap so didn't get to try that. Honestly don't remember what ate, and the beer selection was good (If you're a Bud/Coors/Miller/Corona/Hiney, etc. fan, not for you).

Only thing they have to make sure is, that they don't have mandatory valet parking like in Wayne. I get their lot there was small, but I'm not going to a place like that, having to tip two different people (the waitress AND the valet) and wonder what they're doing with my car while I'm inside. They shouldn't have that problem where the Bensi's is though, just the whole parking lot all the way over to Piggy's is going to be filled if it catches on.

Elliot Elliot
Sep '14

If you are looking for a job they are taking applications.

Any more info here regarding an opening date?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

We are very close!! Stay Tuned!!

It is a race between the tap house and the draught house.

2 very similar operations opening at the same time within 10-15 minutes of each other.

I am excited to try both.

Just checked out the website-

"Taphouse Grille in Hackettstown is opening Monday October 20th at 4pm."

Prices seem high to me, but what isn't these days. ??

Fyi..
Tap House Grille is open. I just had a cheesesteak with roasted mushrooms and parm cheese. French fries. Staff was very friendly.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Oct '14

Ok so the staff was friendly thats a plus but how was your food?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '14

I was wondering the same, JrzyGirl

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Cheesesteak was very good. French fries were like a blob on my plate. Under done. $13 for the cheesesteak and fries. Decor is very Prickly Pearish (if you like that type of thing). Tables were very close together. Too close for comfort in my opinion but that's just me. Music was kind of loud. Try it out for yourselves.

Oct '14

$13 for a cheesesteak and fries is too much IMO.

Especially if bumping elbows and being blown out by the music.

I'll still give it a shot.. but hope the owners are listening and at least turn the music down. It isn't a night club and hopefully isn't trying to attract an early twenties crowd.

:/

$13.00 for a Cheese Steak is not a lot if its a good cut of meat. Im sure its not steakums. Most places use Ribeye or top round if its ribeye $13.00 is cheap. It makes me nuts when people complain about prices If the food is good who cares. I go out so I don't have to cook and I expect to spend money. I am ecstatic this place is finally open I plan on supporting this place and will be there often.

Painkiller Painkiller
Oct '14

Is there something wrong with a twenties crowd? And since when is $13 too much for STEAK? Regardless of the fact that it's a cheesesteak, this isn't a chain restaurant with microwave bags. Ruby Tuesdays is across the street. Before you beat up a new place that's trying to add something to town, look around at other towns and other restaurants. This place isn't just a bar. Not all bar food is under $10. Quality requires money be spent.

Hackettstownian
Oct '14

Stopped by. Had two very fine craft beers. Music was not loud when I was there and the decor was nice as where the employees. Going back today to eat.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '14

Will definitely be trying it out. Thanks for the info Just the Facts!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '14

What?!?!?! The beers aren't $2 "true pints" and the food dishes are over $5?!?!

This place must be for the 1%...

LOL

Oct '14

A cheesesteak at Dicolas with fries would be about $12. Zero atmosphere. Sit on a hard bench if there is even room. So $13 seems reasonable.

It's not unreasonable as long as it's good. Do they have a chicken cheese too, or just beef?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Did you find the tables to be close together in the room to the left? By the way, I said that the music was"kind of loud". There is a difference between that and "loud". Also (while we're at it) I was not blown out of the place by the music. Never even commented to staff re. That. They do not put ice in the water with lemon unless you specifically ask for ice with your water. The pleasant waitress explained that during training they are told to not give ice unless customer asks. "Shrug"...dont know what to tell you. Apparently its not just a "given". Cheesesteak was delish. Fries really were seriously not done. They apparently dont have their fries down yet. Menu was only 1 page. Explained that there would be more menu items/specials coming soon...thank you JrzyGirl for the "thumbs up-like" (I think that's what that was ;) And "you're very welcome" for the info.

Oct '14

It is so exciting to finally have something different in Hackettstown! The place is very pretty on the inside, love the wood- the lighting is attractive too. I love what they've done with the bar... Bigger, and the first room is more of a bar area, which is very comfortable. Now onto the important stuff: BOOZE! You will not find a better beer selection in Hackettstown, unless wine country installs a bar. I love beer and there was a few things on draft I haven't seen or tasted before, and that's always exciting as a beer drinker. The bar staff was very friendly as I asked for a few samples, even when I wrinkled my nose at a few I didn't quite enjoy. They had a few macro brews on draft, which means there's undoubtably something for everyone. I believe they had the basics (bud/miller stuff) in bottles as well. Though I didn't ask, I don't think they had many craft bottles, but I would enjoy seeing those in the future. The dining areas were very nice, I disagree with the tables being too close together, it was a standard dining room setup, with great use of the space. I did not try food, as it was late- but I looked at the menu, and don't think the prices are outrageous for a place of this caliber.
One thing that makes me appreciate this place a lot is that they didn't open with bells and whistles. It was a very quiet opening, which leaves more room to fix errors with a fraction of the angry guests who believe everything should be perfect when a new restaurant opens. I look forward to seeing Taphouse evolve and grow. I think that even the "Bea mcnallys is cheaper" (it's not, really) people will see that we have been given a truly great new DIFFERENT establishment to enjoy in the Hackettstown area.
Best of luck to the Taphouse!

Nerdybeergirl
Oct '14

Nerdybeergirl:

"you will not find a better beer selection in Hackettstown".... do you not appreciate Bea McNally's HUGE selection of beer on tap?

I'm not a fan of Bea's food, but if a wide variety/choice of beer is desired, Bea's is tough to beat. I forget how many taps they have, but it's got to be at least 40.

Oct '14

Nerdybeergirl could be part of the the Tap House "camp", if you catch my drift. At least that's how I read her post. There's just a little something off there in the way her post is worded.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Calico took the words right out of my mouth!

Besides its really not Hackettstown but close. Bea's has most amazing beers on tap. Food not my fave. Great bands.

Tap house have bands? or is it just music in the background that is kind of loud?

Putting them on my list to try on date night.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Beas tap selection is good, don't get me wrong. But they do not offer any rare, limited release beers that I often look for. They also do not have Kane brewing on draft, which I happen to really enjoy. And the Taphouse is currently offering 2 different Kane beers. I also happen to really enjoy Bea Mcnallys, and actually spend quite a bit of time there. But they do not utilize their 40 taps in a way that appeals to me as a "beer snob".
As for me being part of the Taphouse "camp"- that's funny. Because it's impossible for someone to give a good review and encouragement for a new restaurant in SORT OF Hackettstown. Right. I forgot that this forum is only for complaining about things we hate in Hackettstown!!! Sorry, Calico, I'm just a satisfied customer! If you want me to complain- it still smells pretty bad over there!

Nerdybeergirl
Oct '14

It is like 8.50 for a value meal at rat burger mcdonalds so I would say 13 for real food is a good deal. Bonus is a big beer selection and close to home for me.

LOL. Fair enough Nerdybeergirl. Glad you enjoyed the place.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

A cheesesteak and fries is hardly "real food". More like an insulin crash waiting to happen...

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

"If you want me to complain- it still smells pretty bad over there!"

LOL Well, it wasn't Bensi's fault, and it's not THG's fault. I guess it'll always "stink" over there. (altho I don't know what difference it makes when you are INSIDE the restaurant, or why people seem to want to blame the restaurant for the smell)

Oct '14

I can't wait to try it. Hubby and I love great beer and $13 for a cheesesteak is a reasonable price.

We eat at Marley's sometimes and I find there menu prices high. The most affordable things on the menu are Hamburgers or wings. Fortunately that is what we usually eat when we go there.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Oct '14

Wellllll...anybody been over there for anything but beer? I'd like to have more comments re. The food/quality/ table arrangements, etc...

Oct '14

Just the facts ....weren't you the one that said you were there already ???

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Think she means she was there and wants to know what others thought.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '14

Why ?? Her own opinion isn't good enough for her ?! Lol

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

I love this Forum!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

beautiful modern place, nice staff, great food, bigger menu coming soon waitress told me. breath of fresh hair. spicy shrimp amazing. love it.

Breath of fresh HAIR? The "other Rob Lowe" would love that place. I guess it beats the stench of raw sewage (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

omg - roflol

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

7 posts and can't get much of anything. And calico 696 ; you love this forum"?. Yes , bothered byuu2..."you've got it" . Lol

Oct '14

HaHa!! Missrx :) and I also love this forum!!

Just got home from there. Cool place, great beer. My food was a solid 8. Had the chops. Table spacing was fine music was at a good volume. Thumbs up in my book. And no I am not in their camp

Oct '14

Bob - You can have a name like CraftBeerBob and go to a craft beer place without letting us know what you drank........

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

We just got home from there too. It was excellent. Very large portions. We asked the waitress if there were any specials and they did have 4 additional entrees that weren't on the menu. DH and I each had one of those. He had the pulled pork sandwich on brioche with fries, and I had the fish tacos with a small house salad (I could have gotten fries too). Great beer selection. We will definitely be going back.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '14

Calico - since I was not driving I went all in and had the Allagash. Outstanding. But intoxicating at 11% alcohol content.

Oct '14

Great review 3wb.

Nice choice Bob!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

3wbdwnj ---- did you notice if there were any vegetarian entrees on the menu?

happiest girl happiest girl
Oct '14

You can read the menu on their website.

http://taphousenj.com/hackettstown/menu

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

If the least expensive wine is 8 a glass and a chicken dish is 20, what do they ask for a pint of beer. No prices available on those?

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '14

Roywhite - I would think the prices of the pints vary greatly. Just to take a guess though, I would think the pints would be between $5-$9 depending on the selection. I think you could also expect the domestic bottles to be $4.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Justthefactsmaam-some just dont get it. Im hoping to get there soon. I wasnt a fan of Bensi, so hoping Tap is better.

Oct '14

For me and my money, Taphouse is far better than Bensi. You'll (plural) have to try it for yourselves. BTW, for just opening last week(?) they seemed to have their stuff together.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '14

Anyone try the pizza? Looks good online.... thinking of going tomorrow night to test it out...

Oct '14

Here's the draft beer list. Pretty cool selection.

We like to thank you for all your feedback. Taphouse strives to give our guests the best possible experience when they dine with us. We appreciate any and all suggestions to try and make your dining experience as pleasurable as possible. Please come in and enjoy some great food as well as our specially selected Beers and say hello!!!

Is the online menu what is being offered this week? Several things pique my interest, but don't want to set my mind on something if it's not being offered yet. Thanks.

Lifeistooshort Lifeistooshort
Oct '14

Thanks for the draught list...not bad..... not bad indeed..... as good as Bea's usual selection, anyway (actually, I think Bea's generally has more THAT I WOULD DRINK than that menu does, but it's just a personal taste thing)

Is the bar in the same place? Is it any BIGGER? I hope so, Bensi's bar was pretty small.... and we like to sit at the bar usually (at Bea's, Marley's, etc)

Oct '14

The bar has been expanded to thirty seats. Basically a big U with the taps in the middle and T.V's along the top. It is very big and open, there are a couple of high tops plus 4 large booths and 2 communal tables that sit 6 each. Although we are serving a smaller menu, we are serving most of it. The parking is unlimited..Thank You!

Looks good Joe. I would love to see a couple more wheat beers though. If you take out the Blue Moon, which isn't very appealing because you can get it most places, there are only two. :-(

I look forward to stopping in soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

$6-7 for pints, some selections only 10-12 oz. I know thats where bars are headed but I'm sorry to see it.

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '14

I like it. I have been there twice. Good beer selection but not great. The bartender said it will be growing. The food is good to, better than Bea's or Marley's but also a few dollars more but you do get what you pay for. It tasted fresh not frozen. Like other people have said the music was a little too loud but I am a little older than most people that post here so that could be personal preference. I was surprised how packed the parking lot was compared to the customers inside but then I realized the staff was parked in the front few rows. Someone with a black dodge even parked in the fire zone instead of walking. I am sure that will be fixed at the next staff meeting (hint, hint). Over all a good place and I look forward to going back.

hot under the collar
Oct '14

If you're into beer, you already get this. If it's not your thing, here's a quick link.
http://craftbeertemple.com/videoblog/serving-beer/

Roy - Some beers are served at lesser volumes if they have higher alcohol contents. Your "run of the mill" swill beer has between 4 and 6% alcohol. Some of these craft brews are in the 7 and 9% range.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I enjoy craft beers, good quality food, and am willing to pay for both. The prices quoted here are in line with what I'd expect to pay.

If your idea of a night out is $2 Buds and fifty-cent wings, then the Tap House will not be for you. This thread probably isn't for you, either.

JerryG JerryG
Oct '14

Nope, Bud and $6 Coors Pee aren't for me, but this thread is, thanks. My point is 6 bucks for a pint and 20 for a chicken dinner are increases over just a year or so ago, just like everything else we purchase, just sorry to see it has come to that.
A decent 6 pack is about 10 bucks now. I dropped over $40 on beer alone the other night at dinner so the prices need to come down or I need to drink less and neither is gunna happen.....

roywhite roywhite
Oct '14

Can you please open early on Fridays like 2:30. If Bottle King on Friday at noon is any indication of when people start drinking on Fridays then I think you would do some business.

Oct '14

They aren't open for lunch? There are no hours on the website.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Calico, according to their website they'll be opening for lunch Monday to Friday starting in November.

JerryG JerryG
Oct '14

Ate there during the week and thought the food was good - my only complaint is that I wasn't crazy about their fries, but that's a personal preference. They just ok in my opinion and I'd get a salad instead next time. I had the chicken sandwich and thought everything about it tasted nice and fresh! :)

The beer selection was fine, they had some different selections that I'd never heard of so it was fun to try something new.

Love, love the atmosphere! It almost feels too kitschy for Mansfield, but hey, I'll take it! Very excited to have a new restaurant in the area. A great improvement over Bensi.

somechik somechik
Oct '14

Got it. Thanks Jerry.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Our party of 7 dined there last night. Menu was a select sampling of try-outs and somewhat limited, to be expected for only 4 days open. We ordered Penne Vodka, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Orecchiette, Mussels, Meditteranean Calamari (it's steamed, not fried), Shrimp Appetizer, Broccoli Rabe, Classic Burger. Everyone was more than pleased with their selections. Burger asked for medium was delivered rare, sent back, returned still a bit on the rare side but ok. Side salad somewhat difficult to eat in the bowl it was presented in. Dressing (balsamic) a bit on the heavy (thick) side. A few suggestions: bread/butter for a party of 7 could have been more ample. Atmosphere /decor very
pleasant. Server extremely personable. All-in-all a nice dining experience. We will return.

justice4d
Oct '14

Tried to go tonight (friday)... TWICE. Neither time was even one available parking spot. Will have to wait until all the "complainers" go, complain, then don't go back. LOL

Oct '14

There are well over 125 spots there. Place must have been jamming.

Steve-0 Steve-0
Oct '14

Good stuff.Glad to see a local business do well.

Banzai!! Banzai!!
Oct '14

We tried to go also and there was over an hour wait. No seats at the bar. Didn't wait.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Wow! Glad to hear they are packing 'em in there. Good for them. This is why we always wait awhile to try new places. The combination of a packed house and new employees can make for a skewed view of a place.

If it was that crowded last night, I'm sure we will get a bunch more reviews today.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Was all excited to try it out this weekend not a seat to be had! They haven't even done their grand opening yet and the place is packed. Guess I will have to wait for the dust to settle. I am happy they are doing well but can someone please save me a seat at the bar?

Painkiller Painkiller
Oct '14

Went last night for drinks and a snack. Deco is nice, sort of an après ski feel without the fireplace. The bar area is large. The long tables in the bar area look perfect for watching Sunday afternoon football with a large group of friends. The smaller "regular" dining area is at the back of the restaurant. Reservations taken for party of 6+ only.

You do have to leave your cc as a hostage to run a tab at the bar. I personally think there should be better way to handle that, but I normally pay cash.

I had rib tacos from the appy menu. Very tasty. The 2 small tacos are not for sharing, unless you order another appetizer. I did not have fries, but I think you need to order them crispy, unless they adjust the cook time. No flights of beer, but they plan to.

Nice addition to the area.

We went last night and it was awful. There was a wait as we expected but had a great drink at the bar. Ugh, now the food and service! We did not get water, though asked for it. Our appetizer (mussels and crispy eggplant) never came, our bread never came-they ran out. My wedge salad was typical. Husbands bratwurst was a disappointment and left half. Then waited 30mins for the check. We were there for two hours total. Waitress was the worst! HUGE attitude and a puss on her face. The manager just happened to walk by and ask "how's everything" . Sucked husband said and our dinner was offered free. We won't ever be back. Oh, and they need some decor big time.

ms_warren_county ms_warren_county
Oct '14

Went for drinks at like 10 last night. It was still crowded but nothing like people said earlier in the night. Beer was good and 6 bucks for craft beer pints I did not think was bad. Had the eggplant app. And it was very good not to thick of a cut nice and crispy even in the sauce. We also got the edamame app which was cool for just snacking on at the bar and it was nice that the apps were not just a list of deep fried frozen crap like so many places. They had plenty of bartenders and did not at all seem like it was only the first few days of business as far as being up to par with service and food. Every plate that walked by to other tables looked good so I look forward to going for a meal soon and not just apps. One thing I do hope is they open the patio door by the bar for smokers rather then hanging out by the front door.

We went on Wednesday night and thought it was very good. Clyde had fish and chips, I had a burger. We had wings which could have been crispier but the sauce was very good, classic buffalo wing sauce. The have garlic potatoes that were top notch. I could have just had a dish (or two of them). Clyde had a beer, don't remember what kind. Will definitely go back. Service was very good, server was a sweetheart. I wish them good luck.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '14

We also went on Wed night of this past week. Had such a great time. Service was excellent!!! We had the calamari for an appetizer. Was delish. It was a mixed crowd. Young and Old and In between. The music was just right. Not too loud at all. We were there for dinner. The tables were full of people so we decided to sit in the bar. The bar was packed from 5-6 (happy hour crowd) so we sat in the bar area in the seating around the bar. My wife had a burger with the works and I got a pub pizza. We shared the food! It was delish! Will deff go back. The bar area is WAY bigger than what Bensi had and much better service. Top notch...like something you would see in the way of Morristown / Princeton / Bernardsville. It's nice that they are switching it up to be more of an upscale place. People who complain about the prices..you get what you pay for. If you want mediocre food for cheap..go across the street to the chain restaurants..

My husband and I went last night. Got there around 6. No wait at all. Food was great, prices were reasonable and waiter was good. We also enjoyed the upbeat atmosphere! Looking forward to going back.
I had the fish taco and hubby had fish and chips-we also had the eggplant for an appetizer. Hubby enjoyed some happy hour beers and I enjoyed some happy hour angry orchard. Nice night! Thrilled to have this restaurant close.

msm75 msm75
Oct '14

Ms Warren County you need to take a pill! Its their first week. Don't think they expected to be this busy before the grand opening. Go back in a couple months they will have it all worked out.

Painkiller Painkiller
Oct '14

Three dollars for one cup of Lipton tea.

Ouch!

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '14

Would it be wrong to observe that a few of the posts in this thread are suspect?

Oct '14

Suspect of what

Its also 3 bucks at panera for a tea. So what's the point that inflation sucks.

Oct '14

Suspect of working there.

Oct '14

Well certainly Ms. Warren is not the waitress although I would bet the waitress is suspect of not working there.........anymore.

When a place is packed, new, I might give them a Mulligan although I would not let the manager off the hook. Just might have been a little more gentile about it.

I mean you got a free dinner, the waitress probably didn't get a tip so was below minimum wage, might have got fired, how much revenge did you want?

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Dined at the restaurant Saturday evening. I told my husband it could be a hit or miss with just being opened a few days. We arrived at 7 (had a reservation) and were seated promptly in a corner area of restaurant. Loved our seat! Waitress arrived in a timely fashion and was extremely pleasant and always had a smile on her face (even after spilling wine down her arm which she never had time to wipe off). We ordered appetizers (husband had wedge salad that was loaded with blue cheese and he loved) and I had the shrimp appetizer which was AMAZING! For dinner I had the lemon chicken - chicken was cooked to perfection. Husband had the skirt steak which he said was great. Only negatives - no bread served, husband's food was not very hot (mine was) and I had a long wait for my second glass of wine (waitress kept on apologizing). For a restaurant that just opened I was pleasantly surprised with the food and service. Unlike ms warren I love the decor of the restaurant! I will definitely be back!

flamingolady flamingolady
Oct '14

just drove past and Tap House is having their Grand Opening. "Woo-hoo" ;)

Oct '14

They take reservations?!?! Did not know that!!! Will DEFINITELY be going this weekend then...

Oct '14

I stopped in yesterday and spoke with the owner (seems like a nice guy:) ) He said they will be serving dinner up until 10:00 pm. It was not open for business when I was there, but it definitely looks like a cool atmosphere! I think reservations are for 6 or more. He also said they would be getting entertainment in at some point.

"reservations for 6 or more"....pfft.....

Oct '14

Every table was filled tonight, as was the bar. Terrific atmosphere. $2 off tap beer until 6:30! The service was excellent and food terrific. Hummus appetizer was terrific and big. Shareable by 2 -3. Cheesesteak sandwich was excellent. The fries were tasty and plentiful. They could be a bit crispier. Chicken sandwich was great. Very nice beer selection. The burgers looked fabulous! We will be back, and often.

Stuff
Oct '14

oh, brother. Thanks, Staff.

Oct '14

What's your problem Reggie Voter? Oh wait. That's the answer.

StuffIt
Oct '14

went last night,had the fish taco,it was so big it was falling out of the shell.place was full at 8 and a lot less people at 9;30.the main dining room is large and gray.im sure the place will acquire some atmosphere with time.

s.dog s.dog
Nov '14

I went last night with my ten girlfriends for a birthday. We had an awesome time... the sangria pitchers were so tasty.. we had two waitresses taking care of us adeylsa and Sara. They were constantly checking on us and we're bubbly and pleasant. Great service... great food.. and on top of that the manager bought shots for all of us. We were in the small room in the back. Beautiful place I will be back with my husband.... great job taphouse!!!

Ann G
Nov '14

Went sat. Sat in the bar area instead of waiting an hour for a table. Food was really good, beer was really good, service was sub-par... I don't think our waitress had any experience at being a waitress, it's like she didn't know what she was doing. But it's new- it's to be expected.

the food is already better than anything I've EVER had at Bea's. LOL

Nov '14

Do they have or are they looking for entertainment???

I don't think so, they're so packed, at least right now, there would be no place to put them!

Maybe in the future...?

They just play music now.

Nov '14

Had dinner there last night and was great! Place was packed but customers were all smiling. Food was tasty and the bar area was comfortable. Wait for table for two was only 20 mins, but we opted for the bar area because of the good atmosphere. Had appetizers and tap beers. Took some items as take out as well. Waitress was a bit frazzled but all and all, would def go back!

B'sBabe B'sBabe
Nov '14

Place was packed but customers were all smiling.

Why does that remind me of the Stepford wives? That's spooky LOL!

John C John C
Nov '14

John, some of these posts are just too weird, even for planted comments.
RV

Nov '14

Good food, good service. Bourbon on the rocks $11. Water the next time.

Billy Billy
Nov '14

They have entertainment on the 22nd. My friends are playing there very good band Sick Star Nation!!!

Painkiller Painkiller
Nov '14

We went tonight. It's a bit pricey. Food was ok.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '14

Yes lots of planted comments between this Tap House thread and the Draught House thread lately. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed all the new screen names with their terribly one sided overly glorified reviews lol

Timmyyy
Nov '14

I love Sick Star Nation. They are an awesome band.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Nov '14

I went there Friday, 11/8 at about 6PM. My one-line review: food is great, they have to work out some kinks in service.

We got there and were informed of a 45 minute wait. The hostess took my cell # and said she'd call when there was a table ready. We sat in the quite comfortable waiting area by the bar. After only a couple of minutes a server came by to take drink orders while we waited, which is very nice.

The beer list had a good variety, and good quality offerings. I was happy to see a lot of local breweries--Kane, High Point, River Horse, Flying Fish--as well as some of my not-as-local favorites, like Lagunitas and Ommegang. The beer prices were in line with what I'd expect from craft offerings. Coors Light for $4? Maybe not.

After almost an hour, I went back to the front desk to check on our table. The hostess said she tried to call, but must have copied my number down incorrectly. So while the phone is a good idea (you don't have to stay on premises to get notified of a table), it's prone to problems like this.

The dining room was crowded, but I didn't find that the tables felt too close together, or that it was uncomfortably noisy. My wife ordered the calamari (crispy Asian style), and I ordered the short rib tacos. For entrees, she ordered the Macadamia Crusted Goat Cheese salad, I ordered the Pan Roasted Chicken.

The appetizers came out in a good amount of time, and both were excellent. The calamari were really interesting and tasty--not deep-fried, but sautee'd and perfectly cooked. If you've had overcooked calamari, you know how rubbery it can be. The short rib tacos were really flavorful, especially with a little squeeze of lime.

Our server was very good. Attentive without hovering, very polite. The only real problem I had was the entrees coming out before we were done with the appetizers. I asked him about it, and he explained that it was totally his fault because they have changed the menus a few times and he wasn't sure how long things took to come out. I feel like this is a reasonable issue with a new restaurant and should be sorted out in the next few weeks. I also like that he took responsibility for the error.

The entrees themselves were very good. My chicken was perfectly cooked. Cooked through, but still juicy inside. The sauce was rich and tasty, but the real star of the plate was the crispy garlic potatoes. I would have eaten a whole bowl of them alone. If I had to nitpick, I'd ask for more vegetables on the plate.

Prices are a little on the high side, but I think the quality of the food holds up. It does have a bit of a pubby feel to it overall, but the food seems to be angling towards fine dining, which may be why the prices feel a little high.

But overall, I will definitely go back. I hope they change the menu seasonally. I'd like to see some more interesting entrees. Stella G's, for example, is always rotating their menu around and it keeps me coming back to see what's next (game menu!).

Joe Fisher Joe Fisher
Nov '14

Great review, Joe... thanks for taking the time.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Yes, good review Joe. Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Now we are reviewing the reviews....Awesome 5 star review.

CraftbeerBob CraftbeerBob
Nov '14

Seems to be a correlation with review-reviewers and desire to suck up to the beer-guy :>)

Maybe I should have said "chug up" to be beerlitically correct.

Nov '14

One of the advantages to being the guy with all the beer :)

Joe Fisher Joe Fisher
Nov '14

I prefer the bakery that used to be here.

Just go ! Eat ,drink and rub up against the person next to you. If you have a good time go back . If you don't then don't go back. Im tired of all your reviews. I'll go and decide for myself. Goodnight !

jerseycash5
Nov '14

I have been there twice since they opened. Fantastic place. Much better than Bea's in their grand opening. Would highly recommend them!

Just left the restaurant. Reservations accepted for parties of 6 or more. Table was ready as soon as we got there, a+. Ambiance was good, nothing over the top but nice. Appetizers ordered, came out timely, and were yummy. Waitress was nice, attentive but not overly so, drink orders were slow. Main entrees, skirt steak was good, burgers just ok ~ nothing special, one ordered medium and it was still mooing when it came to the table, fish tacos while they tasted great were ice cold, ice cold like out of the refrigerator, pasta dish was good, fish and chips were good. So half the table had good food and the other half was ehhhh ~ I work in a restaurant driven industry so plates were switched around at our table to accomodate each other because nothing would ever be sent back. They do add gratuity to the check for parties of 6 or more, so pay attention to that when settling your tab. I will give them another chance once they get the kinks worked out

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

why not send it back?

Could have been trendy and gone Tap House tapas style. Just send half back, get extra small plates, split what you had amongst you, and done it all again when the second half came back. Just saying since it sounded like everyone ate everyone else's meal anyway.....

Nov '14

NFL SUNDAY’S – Happy hour drink prices all day at the bar, NFL ticket with coverage of all the games. Come in and watch your favorite teams.

KimS - Wasn't the bakery where Fujiyama is, not the old Bensi?

Hoffman's Bakery was where Fujiyama is now.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '14

Oh, is that what kimS was talking about? lol! I thought she was on the wrong thread or something. I don't even think that mall was there when Hoffman's was around, was it?

They will be having a band on the 22nd and they are really starting their entertainment on a big note. This band plays all over including Bea's and has a BIG following. Always very busy when this band plays. I would expect that this plays will be packed that night.

villani villani
Nov '14

JRT - Fujiyama took over in 2003, the Shoppes at Mansfield was built 2006.

Thanks GC. I do miss Hoffman's though :)

1(worse) to 10 (best) - What does everyone rate this place???

Danny Danny
Nov '14

10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle Tantle
Nov '14

you miss Hoffmans I miss Ogdens.

ignatz ignatz
Nov '14

Just left the Tap House,had a cheese burger, bun was very stale,asked for medium, got well done,dry dead burger,fries were not hot,wife had crab cake, just ok, fries were not hot! Told waitress,offered to take it back,I know better.Still have to go to Chester to get pub food that tastes good.I guess we have a new bar in town,best to leave it that way,the place was not busy,felt they could have put a little more pride in what they cook.Good Luck,you will need it!

Every night when I go past, its packed. Especially on the weekends. Must be bar people. Lol

Nov '14

LoBo J.P. Kellys in Great Meadows has good pub food

I recently moved from little falls to long valley and have been to their other location. Our family is happy to have a great comfort food restaurant close to us again. We tried making reservations but, just like Wayne, don't take reservations for 4 people. COORS LIGHT ON TAP??? That's crazy, but after having conversations with bartender and waitress about the beers, it makes sense.( they both don't know what they sell). Food was good, but only 2 specialty burgers ( where is my cherry bomb burger). But no worries the pan roasted chicken dish was spot on. My wife however had the lemon chicken, she was a little upset that it wasn't on the bone, but still tasted good. Noise level definitely different then wayne, and didn't have to valet my car which is a plus in my book. Would of loved to talked to a manager about our experience since we have been to both locations and love their food and beer, but they must have been busy, dealing with the crowd at the door. All in all it was a good meal and a good time. I'll check this forum from time to time now, someone post when they have those chef filet egg rolls and the cherry bomb burger.

The herald The herald
Nov '14

Please explain the cherry bomb burger

Bessie Bessie
Nov '14

I had the stale bun, well done (ordered medium), greasy fries burger. I can get the same blah burger at Bea Mcnally's with better beer selection.

Derek Derek
Dec '14

My 1st visit had the same burger and fries results as Dereks above although I thought the burger tasted fine as well as every other dish ordered, really liked the pizza. I hate to see pints are $6 and 11 for the nacho is a bit much. Service and appearance where real nice.

roywhite roywhite
Dec '14

Nachos are $5 during happy hour. They're quite tasty and come with individual ramekins of salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. I've been there a few times now and always get a couple of pints and nachos. Don't think I've spent more than $15 each time. Pretty good deal for a big plate of food and craft beer.

Fuji
Dec '14

Anyone know if there are any coupons out for this place?

villani villani
Dec '14

Thanks for the new word, I now know what a ramekin is. Can hardly wait to use it!

Dec '14

LIVE Music TONIGHT at the TapHouse! Join me (Lelica) and Cory Pensa for our Acoustic Duo from 8-11p! 24 Beers on tap, great food selection and Live Entertainment! We will be playing songs from the 80's, 90's, Top Hits and Motown Funk Covers!

For more gig schdule info check out www.lelicamusic.com

lelicamusic lelicamusic
Feb '15

Any recent reviews out there? Now that they've had some time to iron out the kinks we were thinking about giving it a try. Any favorite dishes (or ones to avoid?)

ScreamingButterfly ScreamingButterfly
Feb '15

The eggplant appetizer is very good. I have been there a number of times with my wife and it is great.

hot under the collar
Feb '15

I have not had a bad meal there yet, food is always good. Service can be slow still. Going later and sitting at the bar service is never a problem just at times during dinner. NY strip steak was great , wings and pizza at the bar again good stuff. The menu is not huge but what they make is consistent and well done.

Went for the first time tonight - just for burgers..........We were impressed with the food, the service and the noise level-- We will definitely go back

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '17

Thanks 4catmom. It's been 3 years and we still have yet to try this place out! Hope to get there soon!

We go almost weekly (its very close to our house, they make great cocktails), and have never had a bad meal or bad service. We got to THG more than any other restaurant in the area.

They also have live music on weekends, but we are usually home by then LOL

Bea's, which has been here longer, still has alot of work to do.

Dec '17

I've been there a few times. It's alright.

Jefferson Rep, same here!

Dec '17

Out of the 3 "craft brew" bars in the area (Tap House, Draught House, and Bea's) Tap House is by far the best. Draught House is good in the summer when the boat bar is open. Bea's is a distance 3rd.

Not Under the Collar
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.