Loud bangs?!

Anyone else hear the loud boom or banging sounds? What is that?!

Hunting? I did hear them.

suzique suzique
Dec '13

or - on the snow and ice topic...if you have an older wooden deck, it could be the wood's reaction to swift changes in the weather

10yrtownie 10yrtownie
Dec '13

Heard them too. I am near Valley View Estates. Definitely sounded like gun shots. Hunting at night?

Mr Jon Mr Jon
Dec '13

Depends where you are hearing them come from. Could be farmers or night hunting is done at night for things like coyote and raccoon.

guessing
Dec '13

I heard them as well. I'm near the hospital. I have heard them many times over the years

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Dec '13

It was fireworks.

Boomboom
Dec '13

a dump truck swinging its dump gate makes a big boom

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Dec '13

Is Emeril in town? BAM!!!!

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '13

snowplows or gunshots

Darrin Darrin
Dec '13

Most likely can be attributed to the Mantis Man evading potential captors.

It's a teenagers little red/orange car w/ lime green hubcaps, riding around main st. and gunning his engiene to make it backfire! I know it has gone past me twice on main st.! Sounds like a round of ten bullets going off!!! People came out of the hardware store to see what that loud noise was!

Lisa777
Feb '14

I heard this too yesterday while getting gas at the Hess Station. I thought there was a shoot out at the bank. The attendant there was pretty shaking up b/c she is a vet and she was having flash backs she said. This kid needs a good kick in the ass!

JD4020 JD4020
Feb '14

Yeah, He went past me, and it was sooo loud, it scared me to death!!! It was REALLY bad.

Lisa777
Feb '14

I heard and saw the same car at Shoprite last week. Almost had to go back inside and buy a change of underwear. Dumbass!

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '14

that was me. Sorry I was banging. Will try to be more quiet next time.

sack
Feb '14

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014302110041

The same type of car backfiring noise locked down a school in Hopactong. Are these things on cars even legal?

wondering wondering
Feb '14

AGAIN! Same small redish/orange car just back fired (4 gunshot sounded like) from his car. I know it was a young maybe 17yr. old boy. It just happened today at 5:30pm, he went by the hardware store again! Makes twice. When is the Hackettstown police gonna give him a ticket? He's scaring ppls. walking on main st.! He turned down East Plane street. He must live in that area....

Lisa777
Mar '14

I just found on youtube what the sound is called: youtube-LOUD Anti-Lag Subaru's This is what the car on main st. sounded like to give you an idea. The second car on the video is what it sounded like!

Lisa777
Mar '14

has anyone given information to the police? posting here won't solve much

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '14

I use to ask my dad to cut off ignition and pump the gas coming down hackettstown mountain as a kid, to flood exhaust and cause back fire, when he turned it back on. yes you can get some loud bangs from that. Even some flames. I think the kids just retard the ignition, that way they dont get a complete burn in the cylinder and it explodes in the exhaust from the high temp it cause in exhaust. I've run ignition to retarded and had this problem, along with glowing red headers. its pretty harmless, but I imagine it could be annoying. the car most likely wouldn't pass NJ emissions test so I guess he could get a inspection ticket if stopped.

I have seen and heard the car and notified the police last week. Its frightening to hear.

hopeful hopeful
Mar '14

He lives in hovanian. It's call 2 stepping that's the loud noises

springlover springlover
Mar '14

aguy- When I was a kid I would also turn off the ignition and load the combustion chambers up with air / fuel and when I fired it back up- BANG! If was fun except when I learned the hard way that waiting too long, in an attempt to create a louder result, can actually blow the muffler et al clear off the car! Ah my first exhaust job.....

Been there and done that Greg

Old Gent Old Gent
Mar '14

Why do you people need to notify the police? Is it bothering you that much???!! I mean, calm down. If you have that much time on your hands to call the cops because someone's car makes too loud of noises..you should find a hobby. I wish that was the least of my worries.

htownposter htownposter
Mar '14

Totally agree with htownposter....do you guys really lead that much of a boring life that this is what gets you going?!?!... And Lisa777 you're way off with that guess on the age..it's just someone who worked hard to make something out of his own car with his own hard earned money.

thisguy72 thisguy72
Mar '14

Looks like your taxes are doing SUCH great job there guy..Womp womp

thisguy72 thisguy72
Mar '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.