Emmaus Surgical Center in H'town

I am looking for feedback on anyone's experience (good or bad) in having a procedure performed at this center. What's the staff like? Is it clean? Any billing problems? Thanks.

Mike L Mike L
Sep '13

I had a colonoscopy, clean, quick in and out and no billing problems.

Christine Christine
Sep '13

I would highly recommend it. My mom, husband and I all had procedures done there and each time we've received the best care. Everyone from the receptionist to the nurses are friendly, polite and know what they're doing. The facility is clean and comfortable. I particularly love that they used paint, finishes and furniture to make it feel a bit less clinical.

No billing issues at all, unlike HRMC.

Jules Jules
Sep '13

My experience was considerably less pleasant...
I had knee surgery there a few years ago...while the doctor and staff were fine...the support staff were rude and inconsiderate. As for billing issues...suffice it to say it was contentious and challenging.
I cannot recommend but I wish you well with your decision and procedure.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Sep '13

Had ankle surgery there just over 2 years ago. Very pleased with the entire experience. Would never go back to HRMC for any outpatient services, again.

Coralie Coralie
Sep '13

Four family members and several friends have all had procedures there in the past three years. I have nothing but amazing things to say about the facility and staff, including the receptionist. None of us ever had any billing issues whatsoever. The facility is spotless. The nicest and most competent group of nurses I have ever had the pleasure of caring for me. A huge asset to our community!

monte
Sep '13

Oh, the billing challenges... I was told one thing, billed another, and ended up being billed for services that were not accurate. Phone call after phone call, I finally won the argument. The next time, I went to Morristown and found a doctor who knows how to bill through Atlantic's billing services. No issues whatsoever that time. I've since learned to ask the physician what they're coding procedures as beforehand, so that my insurance isn't over billed. Maybe it's just me, but I'm also a little bit leery about having anything done that involves being knocked out that isn't in (or directly near) a very good hospital.

Someone
Sep '13

Been there for a couple tests and it went swell. They like all doctors try to rake your insurance over the coals.

jerseycash5
Sep '13

To Someone's last point, Emmaus is for MINOR surgical procedures. Anything that is more serious should be done in a hospital.

Jules Jules
Sep '13

I found the whole experience to be superior to any other facility. Atmosphere is very calming which for me is a very big point.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '13

Thanks for your responses. Looks like I will be going to Emmaus.

Mike L Mike L
Sep '13

I had couple procedures done and I had no problems , I highly recommend Emmaus

HHS mom HHS mom
Sep '13

Husband there for a procedure just last week. They could not have been more attentive, informative and professional.

USAfirst USAfirst
Sep '13

I had two surgery done there, the first surgery should have be done in the hospital.
To be released the some day was not very wise of my doctor, I was in so much pain after the nerve block wore off, I really thought I was going to die. Just make sure your procedure is a minor one, if not I suggest going to a hospital. I did find the nurses to be very nice and all the other staff members. The one thing I thought was very odd, is I had to walk to the operating room, and I was having knee surgery.

Birdlover Birdlover
Sep '13

Birdlover-May I ask what type of knee surgery you had? I have been an orthopedic nurse for over 20 years and tell you that other than for total knee replacements, it is highly unusual to be admitting for surgeries such as knee arthroscopies, ACL repairs, etc. Ambulatory surgeries are actually quite beneficial to you as a patient. There is less exposure and risk of developing a hospital acquired infection. Also, being home and more mobile in your own home as opposed to lying in a hospital bed, reduces your risk of post operative complications such as pneumonia and deep vein thrombosis. Did you walk into the surgical center? If not, I am quite certain they would have taken you to the OR via wheelchair if that was the case.

Deb, RN
Sep '13

I had a colonoscopy performed at the center. Everyone there from the front office staff, nurses, and doctors were extremely professional and friendly. If I need any other procedures performed in the future, Emmaus is the place for me.

Mike L Mike L
Oct '13

Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy there three times over the past 7 years. Everyone has been wonderful and it is kept very clean. I definitely recommend it.

Sherry R.
Jun '15

I've only had positive experiences there as well. Doctors and staff were all top-notch, and no issues with billing.

Like with anything else in life ..... your mileage may vary.

Robert Durana Robert Durana
Jun '15

Very professional there and a great environment/feel..Had a Colonoscopy there a few years ago.
Props to ALL worthy Healthcare workers/providers in these challenging times of so many changes. I have recently had check-ups/tests done at H'town's Zufall Medical Center and the staff there deserves praise and credit, too. I felt and was treated like a human...not a number.

Hipster Hipster
Jun '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.