Murray update! (And book ideas!)

Murray update! (And book ideas!)

Hey friends! For those of you who remember the story of Murray, I just like to give updates once in a while. Here is an updated picture of him from the other day while we were snuggling. He's still the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. Sometimes people will get nervous while we're out because he's a black dog and I assure them that you could do anything to Murray and he'll just lick you. He used to hate the water but now loves swimming in lakes and the ocean. He hates when I drag him in the pool but if he can go in on his own terms, he loves it. I couldnt get him out of the ocean this year on vacation. We are currently outside on the deck enjoying the breeze.

Since the community came together and caught him a few years ago, I've been saying that I was going to sit down and write a children's book about the experience. As a teacher, now that I have the summer off, I have started! My question is... Is there any way we could get the very first, old post about Murray? It was under 'Is this your dog' and it ended up being very long. Also... Any suggestions about writing a book are very much accepted and appreciated. Since we all came together to catch him, I'd also like any title suggestions. I'm thinking possibly something with Countryside in the title because he was living by the Countryside apartments or M&M Mutt or Mars Mutt. Any ideas please let me know... I'd love some input!

"Is this your dog":

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/135843

Here you go....I think it's a great idea and I cannot believe it's been 4 years!

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/135843

Firefly Firefly
Aug '13

Thanks so much GC. There is another one that goes with this but I can't remember the name of it. Possibly something with 'Bolt' in it. If anyone knows, please let me know!:)

Reading that old thread brought me to tears, knowing full well he was caught and has a fabulous family,I still was full of anticipation reading through it all over again.YAY MURRAY!!

Molly
Aug '13

Re: Murray update! (And book ideas!)

Thanks Firefly and Molly! Ugh he's the best I just love him so much!

Here's the "It's me, Bolt!" thread, which is the continuation of the story. That was me typing for Bolt, before he was named Murray, and before he went to live with his one true love, Anom.... and they lived happily ever after.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/139165

And ps Anom you are beautiful in that pic -- I love your hair long.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '13

Aw, how sweet - very happy for Murray !

Halfway there
Aug '13

That's a very cute pup. Wiredhaired dachshund, my parents have one that looks very similar.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Aug '13

I love this story!
Write that book and I will order 5 copies for myself and grandchildren...will want them signed, of course, with a paw print!
Good luck!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '13

I love Murray's story too. One of my all-time HL favorites. Good luck with the book!

Aquarius Aquarius
Aug '13

Awesome Idea, I would love a copy of the book as well

Jean09 Jean09
Aug '13

Great idea! Go for it! Also I like the idea of Countryside in the name but stay away from Mars as you will probably have to get permission from them first. I personally just like the title "Murray". Cant wait to see the book. Congrats on the teaching job also!

Christine Christine
Aug '13

Decide on the message of the book first, then the title needs to reinforce that.

Call it "Sweet Murray" and tell the story...and wrap it up with something like 'chocolate isn't always bad for dogs...'

Sweet = how he'd cross the street daily to be fed at the local 'chocolate factory' and for how sweet it is that he found you, Anom.

10yrtownie 10yrtownie
Aug '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.