2 loose kittens spotted

2 loose kittens spotted (feral? let out and owned?) on West Valley View & Patricia Ln. One is an orange tabby, the other black and white spotted. I've seen them a few times at night, but not during the day. I unfortunately am not fast enough to catch them, and am terribly allergic to cats. They look to be 8 to 10 weeks old. Does anyone know if they are owned and let out (or feral?) I'd love to see them inside so that they are not in harm's way.

Someone
Aug '13

They 're part of a litter of 4, I believe. They and their mama have been around for a while and on Canal Way too. Their mom was a outside cat.

Fur babies Fur babies
Aug '13

Anyone know of someone with a have-a-heart trap (and someone who'd be willing to have one set up on their property?) I know that my relatives have one, and I might be able to borrow it and set it up. I would just need someone's okay to set it up on their property, and someone who'd be willing to take the kittens after. Thanks.

Someone
Aug '13

Please contact me if you want me to help you find home- I work with
A rescue group

Yoga girl Yoga girl
Aug '13

Will do in a bit, Yoga girl. Thanks!

Someone
Aug '13

I've seen the 4 kittens on Canal Way (near Patricia Lane) and their mama too. I was hoping they belonged to someone ... but it doesn't seem so.

Neezy Neezy
Aug '13

Neezy, what does the mother cat look like? Yoga, I've been having some trouble logging into my e-mail (the site isn't responding.) Would the rescue that you work with be able to help with trapping and take on the kittens? Thanks.

Someone
Aug '13

the mother cat is a tortoiseshell (brown w/ orange patches). I've noticed alot of other stray cats in this area - they seem to be friendly towards each other - possibly abandoned?

Neezy Neezy
Aug '13

I don't live there, but I was passing. I do live nearby, and yes - there are many stray cats here. There are definable more at Alexandria and Mansfield though. I know they're abandon and let out there, but I'm not sure about these cats.

Someone
Aug '13

Just wondering if there is an update on this kitty story. Also kudos to someone and Yoga girl for caring. :)

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Aug '13

No update. I'm going to call some rescues tomorrow during my break. I'm really concerned because the W. Valley View area is dark at night, I've seen coyotes there, and they're in danger of getting hit/ being eaten. It's unfortunate that as much as I'd love to be involved in helping more, allergies prevent me from doing pretty much anything (unless I'm up for a trip to Morristown Hospital!) If anyone has have-a-heart traps, wants to take on the responsibility of fostering them, or knows of a rescue with openings, please post here (or let them know of these kittens.) I still can't get into my e-mail - work must be having problems with the server. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Someone
Aug '13

Re: 2 loose kittens spotted

There is a lady who works with PAL called Ruth she might be able to help you. Her number is #908 229 6378. I know she captures and fosters kittens. Also hopefully Yoga girl can direct you to a rescue as she previously stated. I can understand your reluctance to be near if allergic. It still shows you are an animal lover regardless. Thank you for posting about this situation.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Aug '13

I just saw this thread . I was driving around that area the other night and saw the 2 kittens down at the cul de sac. The orange and white kitten and the black and white kitten. Also 2 or 3 adult cats with them. Do they have people caring for them? they are all very timid. Should I be leaving out food or socializing with them as I am a cat person. Please advise......

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Aug '13

They TNR program should get involved in this. They will just keep multiplying quickly now.

Someone had already called the Animal Control Officer, who knows about them, and said that she left a trap somewhere on Charles Street where a house owner let her. I think there need to be more traps. I agree Nena; however, I do not know of any (as the ones that I do know are all over capacity.)

Someone
Aug '13

Has anybody in this area seen the stray mom cat lately? A couple of us are in the process of trapping the strays in this neighborhood to spay or neuter. We've gotten about 4 but are having trouble getting the last few females. If you are feeding them or know where they are hanging out please message me. There is a young long haired grayish female, black n white female and the adult female which is black with orange flecks.

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

What area are you working in Hastings?I live near the Hills of Independence.. I know one cat hides sometimes in the window well of our basement window I have never seen the cat in daylight but my husband says he has seen it and it is black and white.

joyful joyful
Apr '14

Joyful~ the cats I am referring to are in the West Valley View area

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Still LOTS of stray cats on Canal way, Patrica Lane, and West Valley View. A black cat has been terrorizing the squirrels and birds in our back yard ....

Peruvian Skies Peruvian Skies
Apr '14

it would be wonderful if people didn't abandon their pets or let them run around unspayed or neutered......but that is another discussion. So if anybody knows where they are hanging out or being fed message me privately. we can't catch them unless we know where they are or who is feeding them. They will be spayed or neutered, shots given and released again :)

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

I have seen all these cats! The sit on our porch in the winter to try to keep warm. One actually came into the house. I know someone on W. Valleyview in the first set of townhouses own one of them and feeds them otherwise I do not know who owns them. They like to tease our dogs. But they are well hidden when you are trying to get them. I am surprised they hang out here. We have had a bear, and a fox hanging around. I have found a few birds feathers in piles in our yard and thought it might be the fox but now I think it might be the cats.

Christine Christine
Apr '14

if anybody knows where they have been lately, please message me :)

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

No need to worry about the W Valley View Kitties. My friend has been taking care of them all winter and is now in the process of getting them fixed and their shots. They are using havaheart traps to catch them, a quick ride out to Pennsy for the medical, and back to Hackettstown in the same day. Some are being adopted instead of being released. I thank my friend for opening her home to them this past winter.

John C John C
Apr '14

Hi John~
no luck trapping any on Sunday night....only got one male.....trying to see if anybody on here has seen them so I can move the traps if needed. Have to get the females soon!

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Good luck and thank you for all you are doing.

John C John C
Apr '14

Hastings & John's friend - thank you for taking care of these kitties.
I saw 2 of them over the wknd (calico + larger black & white one) - Canal Way (canal side).

Neezy Neezy
Apr '14

My husband and I are looking to adopt a kitten. If you have any, please contact me! Thank you

Kristina Kristina
Apr '14

Shelters and rescues are overrun with kittens and cats...please rescue a homeless animal

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

Eleventh Hour Rescue has kittens that were just abandoned. They also have adults. All are vetted.

Poster
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.