Looking for Flea Markets nearby

I am looking for a good flea market - not just dollar store junk in boxes. I want to buy a few specific items that are usually found at these places. The last few flea markets i went to had mostly boxes of junk that the vendor keeps in the back of the van. Thanks everyone!

3lilrascals 3lilrascals
Jul '13

Poconos - Rt 209

Columbus Flea Market - Rt 206 Columbus NJ

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '13

Mind if I ask what you're looking for..just curious.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

5 Acres in Bridgeville (Rt 46 - White Twp)
Saylorsburg, Pa - just off of Rt 33
Lambertville

Not sure what your looking for if you give us that we can steer you in a direction.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

I can tell ya that Poconos and Columbus are kinda what you are NOT looking for. Junk in boxes that have been sitting around for years...

nutty nutty
Jul '13

Rice's in New Hope is good. They are open two days a week; I hear Tuesday is a lot better than Saturday, though. Unfortunately, I've only ever been able to go on Saturday, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '13

nutty - I beg to differ. 3lilrascals - like others have asked, what are you looking for? We may be able to help you better if we know.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '13

Botheredbyu, for the most part, its junk that has been sitting in boxes filled with crap. There are vendors who sell sodas, other drinks, food that has been sitting in some storage someplace (by the looks of it YEARS) and then out in 90+ weather all day... No thank you!!

There might be a few vendors with some stuff, but for most part, its a waste of time. Went not too long ago and we kept saying, why do these people load up this stuff every weekend and bring items no one would buy. And some of the prices are ridiculous.

A great one is the Brooklyn flea

http://www.brooklynflea.com/markets/

nutty nutty
Jul '13

Yeah, you guys just wanna know so you can go scarf em all up before 3lilrascals can get there. He or she's wise to your game (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jul '13

Just went to Rt 209 last month and they had some nice indoor shops. Outside were vendors with a lot of the same stuff, but overall it was neat and clean. People were buying and prices were good. Food was great. 2 different perspectives, I guess.;}

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '13

It's not "nearby" but an hour away in Lambertville, NJ

http://gnflea.com/

Went by it last weekend, 7 am on a Sunday morning and it was jammed!

honey badger honey badger
Jul '13

I'm hoping I might have what he/she is looking for and would sell for bargain prices, LOL.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '13

I will try as many of the suggested places as I can, thank you! Here is what I am looking for:
used old license plates, different sizes of records (they will be rendered useless when I am done with them), some record/album covers, an old gas station type light, an old sink with a high apron back (usually cast iron), old cast iron coat hooks, metal wire baskets (the kind they used to use in pool locker rooms).
Many of these things I could find on ebay and such but don't want to pay those prices.
Thanks everyone!

3lilrascals 3lilrascals
Jul '13

If you're on Facebook, there are tons of online
Garage sale sites. You can post what you're looking
for.
Warren county online garage sale
Morris/warren...
Sussex county...
An it goes on and on

nutty nutty
Jul '13

Try get a grip & more in Washington. They have a couple of your items. Second Time Around has some albums all at 75% off.

Christine Christine
Jul '13

Try the one in New Hope ... There's a vendor in one of the back buildings that sells lots of old stuff like that.

Toolboxsue Toolboxsue
Jul '13

Its a drive. But exit 88 off the parkway. Make a right on to route 70. Go a few miles and there is a large flea market every week on the right. Not sure of the town it is in.
Place is always packed. I don't know what kind of items are there. Maybe you can do a search. Its in Ocean county.

Conrad's Mom Conrad's Mom
Jul '13

Try looking at Englishtown.

Maybe the guy up on Rt 57 in Stewartsville may have some of it. He is moving his stuff to Rt 519 in Belvidere, up past the jail. Good luck!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '13

Each one of those items is a different story and might be better at one place or another.

The license plates you often don't see around, and then a flea market thinks they're gold. eBay is the best spot because there are so many and such a wide audience you just need a bit of patience and should be able to get $5 ones, even for ones from the 60's give or take.

Record albums and sleeves are positively everywhere. People can't give them away at yard sales, you already see them on HL aksing where they can be given away. Check something like freecycle and you can get quick a few for basically nothing.

Gas station light if you mean a lamp with a log like a gas pump had, then for a real one is huge $. They're big time advertising collectables & eBay would actually likely to be less. On the other hand if you want a reproduction one, then most of the flea markets mentioned are as good as any.

If you mean a gas station type shade then that's entirely different. Those you can buy reproductions many places entirely new at lighting stores. Or they are really very common because just about any outdoor light of the era had the exact same thing. eBay is not a bad idea for that, but to try to undercut that you want a vintage building material place.

That's the same place you'll want to look for the sink, hooks, and wire baskets. Labertville is not bad for that, they sometimes have people doing that. I forget exactly, it may be about 2-3 miles down the road from the Labertville market but there was once a place in that area with lots of old sinks, bathtubs, stained glass, old hardwood, etc. grouped together with a couple of antique shops. Would be pricier than the flea market, but in either case don't expect that kind of thing if its in good shape to go for cheap. It may not be expensive, but there's decent $ in some old materials.

The other place for the same type of stuff is just an old junk yard. Particular for the sink. Your only issue there is often condition. You may need to put a good amount of work in it to clean and recondition it, but then that's why you don't pay much for junk yard items.

Good luck.

Very kind and helpful comments here. Thank you to everyone for sharing info. I learned a great deal.

MarianneO'Neill
Jul '13

How do you contact someone in reference to 5 acres?? I can't find info anywhere :/

jennyjdaybyday
Aug '13

nutty, agreed about the one on 209. Bunch of cheap dollar store crap. Not many antiques or old items or what I would consider a flea market. It's much different since it moved North. Not worth the drive. bby, to each their own.
The one on 46 near 519 is ok. We went last summer. Wasn't that many vendors.

Wife and I are headed out to Pittsburgh next weekend to visit her family and to go to a real flea. They love them out there.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '13

Jennyjdaybyday, I don't think you can get in touch with anyone. On sat. and sun morning venders line up on rt 46 and a few min to 6? the owners son, goes around and collects the money from the vendors. I suspect you could go there and talk to him then. Otherwise I don't know of how to get in touch with anyone. Owner has since passed away and I did hear they are trying to sell the property. Maybe finding the realtor who's handling it might be an option. Guess it depends on what your questions are in reference to.

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Aug '13

Tewksbury is have a flea market tomorrow. Has anyone ever been to it in the past?

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Aug '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.