Main Street Ice Cream / Cliffs

Does anyone know if Main Street Ice Cream is opening this spring? We drove by a few times this weekend and it doesn't look open.

Spence Spence
Apr '13

They Reported to us that they would be opening on the 13th....

You might want to give them a call -

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/restaurants/main-street-ice-cream

trekster3 trekster3
Apr '13

They just opened for the season on Saturday. It was in the BID newsletter:

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2013/4/business-news-around-town

Thanks GC :)

Wendy @ Hkt Bid Wendy @ Hkt Bid
Apr '13

That is good news! We were very concerned :)
We drove by and it looked like there were no tables inside, no Open/Closed sign or hours posted on the door, and no other signs of being open. Glad to know they haven't left!!

Spence Spence
Apr '13

Actually, the word is they will be expanding what they offer - again I can't say what until I get confirmation, but it's been requested both on HL and the Patch.

trekster3 trekster3
Apr '13

I was there yesterday around 3pm... not open.

Does anyone know what the story is with this place? There clearly not open.

NJ Devils fan
Apr '13

They were probably priced out by the greedy landlords in town.

kb2755 kb2755
Apr '13

does anyone know who the owners are ?

a good day
Apr '13

Attn: kb2... -

FYI:The operator of Cliff's also owns the premises.

Stopped by there yesterday since the above post said it was opening April 13th in the newsletter. It wasn't open and the equipment was close to the door. They should post a sign.

grapes grapes
Apr '13

Good News! I just heard back from the owner - He's waiting on some staff to finish up College and also some hold-ups with ---- you guessed it ---- Frozen Yogurt!!

He doesn't have a opening date, but he says it should be very soon. When I get the info, I will certainly pass it along!

Apr '13

Okay, just saw the owner tonight - tentatively opening next Friday May 10th.

trekster3 trekster3
May '13

Is it open today? I called but only got a voice recording with times.

Stacey Stacey
May '13

I just stopped by and they aren't open....

grapes grapes
May '13

It's named Main Street Ice Cream, they sell Cliff's ice cream (according to Cliff himself) which is also sold at many other establishments. It's not owned by Cliff.

tripsy tripsy
May '13

FYI - Main Street Ice Cream is OPEN!!! They were open for a little bit on Sat. and closed for Mother's Day!!

May '13

Tried it once and very pricey for a smidgen of ice cream. Not worth it

jerseycash5
May '13

Are they open today? This week?

grapes grapes
May '13

grapes - YES, I stopped in and chatted, they are OPEN Today!

trekster3 trekster3
May '13

I stopped in only to be disappointed that they no longer have soft serve ice cream. They have soft yogurt (ex. strawberry) and hard ice cream.

grapes grapes
May '13

grapes - the soft serve ice cream was not "real" ice cream so don't be disappointed as you can always go over to Dairy Queen if that's what you desire.. Main St Ice Cream is really about the decadence of ice cream done right!

Firefly Firefly
May '13

Main Street Ice Cream - Sat. May 26th Post - go get a Free sample!
Now Serving...TOP Yogurt. Taste of Perfection Frozen Yogurt. TOP quality yogurt that you get to top from our expanded toppings bar. Our complimentary topping bar has been expanded and now includes wheat germ, oats and honey for the yogurt addition. Stop by all weekend for a free sample of Top Yogurt. If you like frozen yogurt, you will love Top Yogurt. Now serving Alpine Vanilla and Very Strawberry along with a twist of the two.

trekster3 trekster3
May '13

Stopped by better than a week ago. Whole family very happy with the toppings bar.

summerhelp summerhelp
May '13

Have always been a patron of the original Cliff's in Ledgewood. I was very happy to hear that there was a local Cliff's in Hackettstown and have supported them. many times, in the past. However, I went in last week and they are not serving the original soft ice cream. The store front was uncomfortable due to the extreme heat and no air conditioning. Many patrons, while I was there, came in for the original soft ice cream, only to leave, once they were told that it was no longer carried. I purchased a couple of shakes. They were over priced and not good at all. I will not go back or recommend.

Billr Billr
Jun '13

Billr, keep in mind that this store is NOT owned by Cliff's, it is a local ice cream store that only sells Cliff's ice cream.

tripsy tripsy
Jun '13

I think they need to re-name the place Not Cliff's. The serving of Cliff's ice cream, while not being called Cliff's, has been a difficult concept for people from the get-go...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jun '13

Way back in the late 70's my husband and I opened a restaurant/ice cream parlor called The Village Square Restaurant in the Village Green Shopping Center. We served Cliff's ice cream. No one ever confused us with the original Cliff's. It is very unfortunate that Main St Ice Cream is getting a bad rap ( well actually it's Cliffs that is getting the bad rap - I doubt it will hurt them much at this point. They feature Cliff's ice cream because it has a nice following and is very good ice cream. I swear comprehension has all but disappeared these days.

Firefly Firefly
Jun '13

When I go the Main St. ice cream I always get Cliffs. If I wanted soft ice cream I could go to Leos or Dairy Queen. Different places serve different things. Its very simple really.

Christine Christine
Jun '13

Billr - basically the soft ice cream was not selling well enough, so they switched to frozen yogurt which is currently in higher demand and even requested by some on the forum as well. Saw the owner last night and he said it's selling very well. For small family-owned businesses it's very hard to keep everything, especially with the high-cost of Ice Cream equipment.

trekster3 trekster3
Jun '13

Agree! Christine.

Firefly Firefly
Jun '13

The Bavarian Raspberry hard ice cream is excellent, will go back for that again :)

hktownie hktownie
Jun '13

Went to Main St. Ice Cream tonight, for the first time this summer, and was surprised to see it has changed ownership. Same great ice cream, though!

Spence Spence
Jul '14

Went there Thursday night at 835 and the lights were out and a girl was standing inside doing nothing, How can an Ice Cream store close at 830 when all the other ones are open until 10 or 11? My wife and I will never go to Cliffs ever again!!!! FYI we ended up at Friendlys!

big sports fan big sports fan
Jul '14

Main Street ice cream is not Cliffs. Please do not confuse the two. Cliffs is located on route 46 in Ledgewood. They buy Cliffs hard icecream and post a big logo of Cliffs on their storefront window which is misleading to many. The true Cliffs is awesome and is open late.

Kristina K Kristina K
Jul '14

Cliff's Homemade Ice Cream
Address: 1475 U.S. 46, Ledgewood, NJ 07852
Phone:(973) 584-9721

Hours:

Open today · 11:00 am – 10:00 pm

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

If they buy the ice cream from cliffs, why is it not cliffs icecream?

fitter fitter
Jul '14

It is called Main St Ice Cream and features Cliff's Ice Cream. Instead of calling it Main St Ice Cream people get lazy and call it Cliff's. Hackettstown does not have much foot traffic at 10 or 11 at night and perhaps the girl that you saw standing there doing nothing was actually "closing the store" which involves cleaning, money counting and other things.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '14

I would assume itnis not called cliffs for the same reason I am not called friendlys just because I buy there ice cream

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.