Christmas Trees

Anyone suggest a place to cut your own Tree this year? Someone that has had a experience with a place. Thank you in advance.

Santa's Helper Santa's Helper
Nov '12

Wer always go to the Quick Christmas Tree Farm in Liberty, family friendly and nice trees, love it there!

towny towny
Nov '12

Evergreen valley is excellent.
http://www.evergreenvalleychristmastrees.org/

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '12

We always go to Beck's in Mt. Bethel, PA.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Nov '12

Wykoff's on Route 519 just outside of Belvidere. We have gone to them for the last 10 or so years. There or the Abby on Route 206 just before Newton.

earnhardt earnhardt
Nov '12

I go to the one at the old Abbey in Andover on 206. I have gone there for years and they are fairly priced. You pick trees near the front or they have a path where you walk back and they have an even bigger selection. You get a ticket, load it on to a truck, and they will drive your tree back to the front to check out. It is a lot of fun to pick your own and cut it down.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Nov '12

In 2010 based on word here we got a beautiful tree from the elderly lady on Valley Rd in Mansfield for $20. The word last year was that she was sold out early so not sure what that means for this year or if trees are even for sale there this year??

In 2011, we went up Free Union Road off Rt 46 in White Twp to Woodsedge tree farm on Beechwood Rd: http://www.woodsedgetreefarm.com/

Here are my notes posted to our forum from last year concerning Woodsedge:

"The weather was amazing today and had a great day at Woodsedge Tree Farm in White Twp. We were looking for a live tree for friends who were visiting for Thanksgiving. They never had a live tree before.

All trees are $40 this year but be sure to use the $5 coupon off their website to make it $35. The trees there are beautiful. Most if not all were planted in 2004. They supply saws, tarps to lay on while cutting the tree and even sleds to haul the tree out of the field. The lady there (Not sure of her name) is VERY welcoming and friendly. I mentioned the Hackettstown forum to her and she was familiar with the forum from some customers last year.

http://www.woodsedgetreefarm.com/

They also participate in the National Christmas Tree Associations Trees For Troops Program:
http://www.christmasspiritfoundation.org/programs/trees4troops/home.htm

We were the only ones there. No crowds today. We will be going back in a couple weeks to get one for ourselves."

Evergreen Valley on Jackson Valley Rd....they are great!!

if ur in the long valley area Needles tree farm at 102 flocktown road is great. cut ur own or pre cut!

lola29
Nov '12

We also go to St. Paul's Abbey on 206~ Lots of trees to choose from.

The Hackettstown KofC will be selling Christmas Trees again this year starting Thanksgiving weekend at the LaBurNel Christmas Tree Farm at 586 Mt. Bethel Road in Mansfield.
Give them a try and the proceeds go the a good cause!

KofC Supporter KofC Supporter
Nov '12

Changewater

student student
Nov '12

We've gone to both Evergreen Valley and Woodsedge and have gotten beautiful and reasonably priced trees ... very friendly service at both ... and love that both participate in Trees for Troops!

Growing up, we always went to Mt. Bethel Christmas Tree Farm in Port Murray.

EG_1982 EG_1982
Nov '12

Needles Christmas Tree Farm on Flocktown Rd in Long Valley. We always go there and they have cut your owns and pre cuts. They also have free hot chocolate and they have wreaths for sale. The prices on cut your owns are all the same price which I think last year was $45. I do believe I saw a classified ad for this place under services.

Helper
Nov '12

Quick Farm in Liberty Twp !!!!!

Johnny-X Johnny-X
Nov '12

does anybody know if those places have 8-10 foot trees?

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Nov '12

does anyone know where i can discard my artificial tree? the lights don't work. i don't have the patience to string lights in the tree. so, if anyone knows where i can take it, please let me know.. also if anyone wants it send me a message. for a craft or something. I bought a new one (with lights that work).. thanks

darlughh darlughh
Nov '12

Plut's on flocktown in Long Valley! They have tall trees too, and funnel cake and corn dogs... The wreaths and kissing balls are gorgeous too

Lovebeingamommy Lovebeingamommy
Nov '12

We went to a place in Hope this weekend and all trees up to 9 ft were $19! It was Locust Rd., no frills kind of place but that's fine with me! Drives me crazy spending $50 on a tree that I'm going to throw out in a few weeks.

Jag what was the name of it and where? Thanks!

Cherie Cherie
Nov '12

Jag was that pre cut or cut your own?

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '12

Do any of these places listed have Fraser Firs? We love a Fraser, needles are soft, don't stab you while decorating, and the ornaments really show on the tree.

hktownie hktownie
Nov '12

It was cut your own. There was no name but they had signs by foundry rd in Hope. (By the liquor store/pizza place). Sorry I don't have more details...we just happened to drive by the sign and check it out. They had a couple hand saws and a drop box for the $.

It sounds like Jag is referring to Cerami Plantation in Hope. They have an ad in the latest edition of the Riverbend Advertiser (Weekly publication in White Twp, Belvidere, Oxford, Hope) advertising cut your own trees. More info here:

http://classifieds.nj.com/?property=nj_wr_merch&orig_prop=nj_wr_merch&temp_type=detail&category=detail&tp=ME_nj&classification=For%20Sale&ad_id=655826816

Jag, were the trees pruned ?

omg...just got back from the 10$ tree place...better have a 4 wheel drive truck...and the trees are growing so close together, if you cut one down, you will have half a tree...maybe you will have better luck than we did...went to Sunset Farms...beautiful trees, good price, and the American Legion men helped...really nice owner,too

sugarcookie sugarcookie
Dec '12

we went to the Cerami Plantation that vic referenced and yes many trees were close together but can not beat the price. The guys were very helpfull wrapping the trees and carried them right to the car. We put the trees in the corner of the room any way so you never see the back side if there is a little bear spot where it bumped another tree.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.