Five Acres Flea Market

Is anyone familiar with selling at this flea market? Someone told me a space used to be $20.00 and that Sunday is the best day to sell. Does anyone know if that's true or not by your experience.
Thanks

Bessie Bessie
Sep '12

It is now $50 a day to have a space. Alot of the regular vendors have dropped out because of the fee. We go quite often and its not the same it was from a year ago But you can still find some bargains. People always haggle there also. I have come to expect it at flea Markets so don't tak eit personal. Sunday was a better day in the past but not sure about it this year.

Christine Christine
Sep '12

Vendors tell me Saturday is better and I think it is up to $30 or $35 a spot now

Five acres is $20 to sell on Saturday and $25 on a Sunday. If they charged $50 to sell they wouldn't have any vendors.

Butchy
Sep '12

flea markets are a tough issue lately...the Marshalls creek flea market shut down...and the Saylorsburg flea market has toughened up the rules for vendors...Five Acres flea market has been for sale...for quite a while...the flea market vendors I know are headed farther west into PA and into southern NJ to sell their wares...

Look into the Golden Nugget Flea market on Route 29 . its past Lambertville in Amwell NJ. The rate are reasonable and you can probably get a better price.

jerseycash5
Sep '12

Wow 50 bucks. That stinks. Was thinking of heading up there to unload some stuff., but not sure I'll even make anything at that price. Need to rethink this.

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Sep '12

Thanks for the info everyone!

Bessie Bessie
Sep '12

At $50 a table, who would make any money?? Thats nuts!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Sep '12

With so many confliting prices............I'm going to head up there Saturday and just ask them. lol

20/35 I can see, 50 seems high.

abbadabbadoooo abbadabbadoooo
Sep '12

abba Thanks - please report back. $50 is crazy. I have stopped in once or twice over the last few years and it's all such junk for the most part. It used to be a fun place to go.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '12

I did the Sunday route and stopped when they wanted $50 for the next week. Let me know if they brought it back down.

Christine Christine
Sep '12

never heard of this. Where is it? I miss the Marshall's Creek one. Thought they were trying to move it down the road a bit, though.

PetLover
Sep '12

We went to the Marshall's Creek 'Flea Market' over Labor Day at the new location. Waste of time. It's really just a bunch of vendors hawking new cheap crap. T-shirts, Dollar items, knicknacks and such. It's not what you would call a flea market anymore. And it took forever to get there to the new location. Traffic was ridiculous on 209. Wish we had those three hours back. Don't bother.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Sep '12

Five Acres is on 46 in White Twp. between 31 and 519.

Last time I was there was a couple years ago and in was complete crap.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '12

I hate to think Five Acres got greedy with you Christine. I noticed this this Sunday at the street fair. I bought a bottle of water ( normally goes for a dollar) but they were charging $1.50 - okay whatever. Strolled up the street and then back and on my return they had changed the price to $2.00.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '12

I just called a friend who currently vends there. The fee is $20 on Saturday and $25 on Sunday.

Yeah Calico. We were there as well Labor Day weekend and there wasn't much quality. A few things, and the wife saw some of the glass she collects, but overall not that great. Still better than Marshall's Creek though.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Sep '12

Greg: Do you just show up with your own tables on a Sat or Sunday or how does that work...or do you have to call ahead of time so they can tell you where to put your tables? I would imagine regular vendors have first choice of spots.

joyful joyful
Sep '12

Joyful,

there are some areas that are reserved but the main center part of the field is open territory. When we used to go we showed up at 6 am and sat in line waiting for them to let the vendors in to set up.

And yes, you bring your own tables. If it is a sunny day and you have any sort of pop up tent I suggest you bring it along as there is no shade except for perimeter which is usually reserved.

MeisterNJ - The traffic will never get better, so you're best off going to the indoor market in the old Big N/Ames/Jamesway in Stroudsburg. Many of the better vendors from Marshalls Creek are now there.

Before u bash it it is only 20 on sat and 25 on sun. Get there before 7am find a spot and set up as much as you want. Just to get fid of stuff around the house its great, but price it to sell the look you from a kid who just bought 10 match box cars for a buck is well worth it. You can always find some gems if you know what you are looking for. Alot of "foreniers" want everything so cheap becuase they send back to "their " country and make money on it. Bottem line is try it out and if you come home with alot less "stuff" and made money after you paid your fee its worth it. I have not lost yet.. And you meet alot of "interesting" People!

fitter
Sep '12

Is this the one in Buttsville? A very small field on the east bound side?

PetLover
Sep '12

PetLover - I'm not sure of the boundaries of "Buttzville" but it's very near the school at 519. Yes, it's east bound, but when Calico said between 519 and 31 that's correct but it's practically at 519.

Re: Five Acres Flea Market

Five Acres Flea Market is technically located in Bridgeville NJ...right near the intersection of Rt 46 and county Rt 519

oldman oldman
Sep '12

Didn't know that, thanks GC. Haven't been to Stroudsburg since I was in HS. I'll have to check it out. Think I remember where that is.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Sep '12

Right GC, closer to 519. I was just giving the crossroads.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '12

Where do you get your info Christine ?

jerseycash5
Sep '12

GC,

Is that by the ShopRite?

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Sep '12

Jerseycash5 as stated above I did it on Sundays and when they wanted $50 the next time I stopped.

Christine Christine
Sep '12

20.00 on sat, 25.00 sun. Saylorsburg is 17.00 and gets alot more pedestrian traffic, plus indoor bathrooms and a food concession. It is still mostly collectibles and flea stuff not like rte 209. Like all markets get there early, Saylorsburg by 6 am ... people are shopping then! Alot of vendors pack up around 1 ish.

sandytdk sandytdk
Sep '12

Lori - Yes, that's the one.

as of may- 2015 It is under new ownership.$20 on Saturday & $25 on Sundays,,,It can be a great spot & is busy when the sun is out. its about 4miles south of Int.80 Off of Rt.519 ,,to the left on Rt 46///
Indoors & outdoors..

Peter S. Mulshine Peter S. Mulshine
May '15

What does everyone think is the best selling items and what should we not waist time trying to sell? We are thinking about trying to sell some stuff there. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of different opinions, just speaking generally, from the vendor view points, but would welcome all advice. Thanks!

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Jun '15

If you like big flea markets English town has the best and I don't know if nashinc station still has there one

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '15

Sallysimpson, best bet is to get there EARLY (like 4:30 am) to grab a good spot on a Sunday. Most of the best business there is done before 11.

I've seen vintage stuff sell there well, like toys (from the '50s/60s), tools, furniture. Don't really waste time with standard yard sale items; there are so many tables that most people pass over anything that isn't organized so as to not waste time.

I've sold there a few times but found that the stuff I was selling wasn't bringing people in. (namely video games, DVD's, current toys and games, etc.) It's a great place to bring a few big ticket items as you'll usually find a few people with deep enough pockets who just might be in the market.

fuji
Jun '15

If you go to the flea market in Buttzville over this weekend, the Town of Belvidere is having their town wide yard sales on June 6th and 7th, 2015

Will H Will H
Jun '15

I love Five Acres. I went over the holiday weekend. I did go on Sunday. Just has more venders. I love to go and look for houseware, jewelry, DVDS,pocketbooks. I use to go to Marshall Creek sad to hear its gone. Just go and give it a try. Alot of pepole pack in there in the Fall. Good luck on what ever you decide. All I know is that I always Find stuff.

Quarno Quarno
Jun '15

Thanks Fuji, saved me a lot of work!

Jun '15

What does the vendor do if something gets broken by potential buyers or their kids? (prior to purchase)

Jun '15

Oops sorry and then they should pay for it but you might have to prove it was not broken all ready its the chance you take at flea markets

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '15

Thanks Caged....I guess like you said, I'll have to take the chance. By the way, I like you're "name ". I feel like a caged animal sometimes.

Jun '15

i have been going to the Washington fire house flea market on sundays .. there'll only open on that day. it's in warren. they have been there since 1973. really nice place if your selling tables are 20. for the 1st one and 5.00 for any others. i like it because it's it s nice and shady . and not to many vendors make better money that way.
http://www.fleamarketmalls.com/market/washington-valley-fire-company-flea-market/

JIM WW OO DD JIM WW OO DD
Jun '16

It's always been $25 on Sundays and $20 on Saturdays.

FYI .. It was never $50, not sure where anyone came up with that false information.

Maureen2
Jun '16

Going today to sell its $50.00 on Sunday $25.00 on Saturday.just call you will see.

Ron ges
Jun '18

No wonder it sucks now. $50 is way too much money for a space there.

It is $20 on Saturday and $25 on Sunday. The only way it would be $50 is if you took up two spaces.... If anyone has any questions you can contact Angelo at 908-303-1608 he is the owner.

just saying is all just saying is all
Jun '18

Someone mentioned one in Stroudsburg Where??

Diane Verdi Diane Verdi
Jun '20

They're talking about the Pocono bazaar flea market. Not as good as it was 30 years ago but a nice day trip.
They have a website so you can get updated info in opening.
Poconobazaar.com

Pocono Bazaar is not even near as good as it was in the old location..

I don't see anything site with a reference to Covid-19 does anyone know whether they are open or closed ?? I am talking about Pocono Bazaar in East Stroudsburg

Jimt1058
Jun '20

Last weekend we went to the Blue Ridge Flea Market in Saylorsburg. Busy as all get out. Most people wore masks, some not. Englishtown is also open.

Pocono was open last weekend but it was only the outside vendors.
Not sure what the latest info is.

Does anyone know if the 5 acres flea market has re-opened for vendors to sell and people to shop? Their facebook page doesn't say anything.

JillK JillK
Jun '20

They are open, last weekend just a little bit of vendors.

Thanks MYD!

JillK JillK
Jun '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.