Al-Anon/Al-Ateen Meetings in our area?

I am hoping to find help for a few teenagers who have been burdened with an unfortunate case of Alcoholism in their home. With nowhere to turn, no one to trust, these teens have been confused, hurt and scared. I used to attend Al-Anon meetings about 25 years ago, in hackettstown, but no longer see any information on those types of meetings. I would like to start one, if possible, in order to give these teens and many others, a chance to see that they are not alone, that there is help, and support for what they may be dealing with at home. I feel there is no place for children of alcoholics to come together and understand the addiction, and how to cope with the feelings that come with being a child of an alcoholic. Many blame themselves, or think there parents choose to drink over choosing to love there kids. Many do not understand the demon inside of the alcoholic that takes over ones sense of reality. I see so many children following in the paths of there alcoholic/drug addicted parents, because they have no where else to turn to. Is there any meetings/ support groups in our local area to help these children? Thank you for your time.

Lilybug3 Lilybug3
Aug '12

I think there is an al-anon meeting on Wends nites at 7:30 ish at Hackettstown Hospital. I would double check but pretty sure its there

tina55
Aug '12

Apparently there is one held at the Hackettstown Hospital WEDNESDAY's.
http://www.northjerseyal-anon.org/meeting.htm

OctoB23 OctoB23
Aug '12

Lilybug3, check Hackettsown Regional Medical Center web site. Go to Core services and down to counseling center and there is info there for family support and recovery. You can call the Hospital for info. Good luck and I hope you get the help you need for the teenagers. Thanks for helping them.

4paws 4paws
Aug '12

the hospital wednesday nights at 730, thursday at the medical arts center at 8, friday stanhope lutheran church at 830, and sunday in netcong has alateen, alanon and aa at grace church on the mount at 630.

unseenman
Aug '12

Thank you so much. I will check that out. I really appreciate it.

Lilybug3 Lilybug3
Aug '12

Hello:

I just wanted to let you know I help run an Al-anon meeting in Hackettstown. It is on Thursday night at 108 Bilby Road, Nice group of about 12-15 people. It is from 8:00 to 9:00 There is also one on Wednesday night at 7:30 at Hackettstown hospital in the conference room off the cafeteria.

Regarding Al Ateen - sunday night at 6:30 At Grace on the Mount Church in Netcong. Also AA and AL-Anon at same time.

Good Luck

Kc are these still happening?

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.