Curly hair hairstylist?

This subject was broached in 09, but haven't seen this come up again in present years. I am looking for a hair cutter who specializes in cutting curly hair. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Oceanmmi Oceanmmi
Jul '12

I go to Walmart in Mansfield. I have had 3 of the stylist cut my hair which is long and extremely curley and have always been happy.

And Wash, cut and tip usually only runs me around $20

Hackettstown wife Hackettstown wife
Jul '12

Stay tuned for an answer from Calico..She has long curly hair and it always looks great!

Firefly Firefly
Jul '12

Thanks FF. Of course, I hate it. LOL

Anyway, I go to Ashley at Kristina Michelle in Hackettstown. She does a great job.

http://www.kristinamichelesalon.com/

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '12

Stacy at Hair Expressions does not specialize in curly hair, but she does a great job with mine and other curly-haired women I know.

There is a certified Ouidad salon in Newton - http://www.ouidad.com/Serenity-Now-Hair-Salon. I've never tried them but I do use and love Ouidad products. Not sure how pricey they would be.

The Paparazzi Salon in Long Valley does Deva styling for curly hair - http://thepaparazzisalon.com/services.html. I don't know anyone who's tried that except online but those that have are happy with the results.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '12

Calico....I didn't know you went to Ashley. So do I. I love her.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '12

Thanks for all the suggestions :-)

Oceanmmi Oceanmmi
Jul '12

I like Amanda at Michael's Salon (www.michaelsbeautysalon.com) in Chester. Since curly hair shrinks when you cut it, Amanda will blow dry mine straight first, to not cut off too much.

It's worth the extra money for the blowout to not have my hair hacked!

Jeanette at Hi Lights Hair Studio on High Street, Hackettstown.. has curly hair herself. She wears her own so many different ways....straight...Shirley Temple curls, etc...Phone number at Hi Lights is 908-852-4590

Joyful Joyful
Jul '12

Has anyone gone to the Quidad salon in Newton?

Robin Robin
Apr '14

Highly recommend Lisa at Turning Heads by ihop. I went to her for a cut and color and she was fantastic. I had a free consult done first. I know what I do and don't want with my hair and she was right on.

I use Jill Vitale to cut my curly hair! She is great and works outside of her home locally! Comfortable setting and such a nice talented haircutter! Her phone # is 908-591-3624

oceanmmi oceanmmi
Apr '14

Robin at Salon JimMarJo. She and her family have curly hair and she's an expert on cutting & styling it. She is fantastic

LuLu22 LuLu22
Apr '14

Janette is now at Salon JimMarJo as well. She has natural Shirley Temple hair herself and somedays you would never know it as she wears it down straight like a Pageboy. She knows a lot also about different styles for a person with curly hair. I love Salon JimMarJo and have been going there for some time now. I always get compliments on my hair whenever I have it done there.

joyful joyful
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.