Rt 57 closed

Accident

vous
Apr '12

where?

Nosila Nosila
Apr '12

Vous, it would be helpful if you could provide where it's closed and when?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '12

News at 11:00

Longhorn Longhorn
Apr '12

Someone is trapped I'n their car! Jaws of life they said at least an hour closed. Go thru penwell if needed

jessica jessica
Apr '12

It started at 2:50 right passed walmart I'n beattystown area

jessica jessica
Apr '12

Closed between Airport Rd and Hazen Rd, Mansfield Township. Bad accident near Brantwood Rd. (Beattystown). Detouring up Airport Rd and that is backed up really bad. Also Rockport Rd is very congested and Hazen Rd is at a virtual stand still.
All surrounding streets are backed up.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

Thank you, Jessica.

Spring Fever
Apr '12

Good thing I am not going straight home tonight.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '12

Just heard on the radio the accident involves a cement truck. Hope no one is seriously hurt.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '12

what station 3wbdwnj

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

Online it says cement truck hits house.

92.7 FM - wrnj

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '12

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/phillipsburg/index.ssf/2012/04/crash_on_route_57_in_mansfield.html

Hope everyone is ok.

Thought I saw a truck into a house but didnt want to start any rumors. Wanted to make sure what I really saw. Pics confirm what I saw. Hope everyone is ok.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

Oh No that does not look good. Prayers for all.

Firefly Firefly
Apr '12

Wow, the truck plowed over the whole front of the house!

Metsman Metsman
Apr '12

I was just there and heard the sirens, but didn't know what was going on ~ praying for all involved.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '12

As per the newspaper article...it is a very serious accident. Hubby is at the scene now and just called to say he was going to be quite a while before he would be home for dinner.

Joyful Joyful
Apr '12

Joyful-Is hubby an EMT or fireman? If so, thank him for his service to the community.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

A cement truck, an SUV and what looks like a car? Hope everyone is ok. Does not look good at all.

Christine Christine
Apr '12

Fireman ...

Joyful Joyful
Apr '12

Wow, cement truck vs. car, truck and house. I would have to put my money on the cement truck.

Hope there are no serious injuries.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '12

update on lehighvalleylive.com says 2 more hours till normal travel is gonna start - praying for all 3 victems

Reanie525i Reanie525i
Apr '12

It's open again

Is there any update on the injured? Is everyone going to be ok?

Natalie
Apr '12

Update: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2012/04/four_hospitalized_in_route_57.html

jane doe jane doe
Apr '12

One car crossed over in the other lane and that set off the events of the accident.
(Per Mansfield Police report). 2 people were from PA.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

OH - so a car crossed into oncoming traffic causing an accident, then the cement truck swerved to avoid and hit the house? Is that the jist? I was wondering how the truck ended up in the house. Still curious on the status of the injured...I hope they are ALL ok.

Natalie
Apr '12

probably, doing the old PA pass. Dangerous!! I hope everyone is ok.

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Apr '12

Listen to WRNJ they have the news every 30 mins and they are talking about it. # have been hospitalized but no other info is available.

Christine Christine
Apr '12

I hope (pretty sure its done) the cops routinely check cell phone records in all auto accidents!

Crazy Cat Lady Crazy Cat Lady
Apr '12

What do you mean CCL, to make sure no one was texting or yakking on the phone causing it?

Natalie
Apr '12

WRNJ updated this story this morning saying that there were four drivers sent to hospitals, one to Morristown by helicopter, one to Lehigh Valley, and two to Hackettstown Medical Center. The 31 year old male driver of the Honda was heading west on route 57 and crossed into the east bound lanes causing the accident according to the Mansfield Police. They also gave information such as the names and hometowns of each driver but I don't recall every detail.

Update:
http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2012/04/cement_truck_that_struck_into.html

On this traffic subject, I was driving past Heath Village towards LV, and a Harrington Pavement dump truck passed me - I was doing 40 mph and it was a solid line on our side. He proceeded to tail a white car. How crazy is that?? Rocks were fllying out of his back..

acl76 acl76
Apr '12

That update is the same as this mornings update, therefore there is no update.
Hope all are ok.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

I think they added that charges are pending to this update.

Mansfield police report has "charges pending". The first story didnt. Thats probably the difference.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

What do you mean CCL, to make sure no one was texting or yakking on the phone causing it?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Crazy Cat Lady Crazy Cat Lady
Apr '12

Im tired of idiots that talk n text while driving. Dont know the case here .

Joe Friday
Apr '12

Was on I95 last week and couldnt believe all the idiots texting and driving. And they were going 85 MPH! PURE IDIOTS!!!

Dont know the case here is right, so hopefully he wasnt. Lets hold off on speculating. Could have had an medical emergency or even sneezed. I know someone that sneezed and hit a light pole. So anything is possible.

Anyone hear how the injured are doing?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

Sounds like at least two or three of those drivers weren't paying attention to what they were doing. Typical. Hope everyone is okay. Great attitude the owner of the home had, as he was quoted in the article. Way to be positive!

Tracy Tracy
Apr '12

I would say 2 of the drivers are at fault...the Honda driver who veered across the lane and the driver that rear ended the Honda driver (for tailgating.)

I don't see, based on the article, any fault with the cement truck and pickup driver.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '12

Well, that was my initial reaction, too, emaxx. I said possibly three because I thought perhaps the cement truck driver might have been able to avoid the collision too. Who knows? That Honda was WRECKED. It's just really scary and could have been a lot worse. A nasty four car collision in the middle of a weekday afternoon. It could have involved any one of us.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '12

I agree on the Honda. I hope most of that was due to the firefighters cutting the driver out. If the truck did the majority of that then it's amazing that the driver survived.

I drive that section of rt. 57 everyday so that accident is a little too close for comfort. Rt. 78 with the trucks driving 80mph is damn scary too.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '12

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.