Comcast Weather Channel - no longer forecasts for our area?

So I turn on TWC, and wait for our local on the eights, and now instead of being the forecast for Port Murray that I always see, it's a national, region-by-region overview. Anyone else notice this or know what is going on?

I have the wether cahnnel on my computer and can dial in on Hackettstown immediately. Its alot easier then waiting for it on TV.

Christine Christine Message Christine
Jan '12

Did you try Channel 33? I have noticed that the HD channel doesn't have our local weather, but Channel 33 does.

Just Saying... Just Saying... Message Just Saying...
Jan '12

Try 101.

Shop Rat Shop Rat Message Shop Rat
Jan '12

I am watching Channel 101, and it has our local weather report.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter Message Reggie Voter
Jan '12

Yes, 101 is the one to watch!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj Message 3wbdwnj
Jan '12

Ohhh...never saw 101. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :)

Just Saying... Just Saying... Message Just Saying...
Jan '12

815 is HD and does not show local. It sort of scans the country. The others do show local.

Scienceisyourfriend
Jan '12

Just saw local weather about 30 minutes ago on channel 33.

We use 101 as well.

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Jan '12

It must the HD Channel I was watching. 33 and 101 here I come.

You guys know the answers to EVERYTHING!

weather.gov plug in your zip code and get the weather for your area, not Newark, or some other place. Without the hype of accuweather or inaccuracy of TWC. Wanna know how much a little difference in location makes? It was a half degree BELOW zero at my house down in the valley at 7:30 this morning. I think everywhere else was in the teens.

Bruin Bruin Message Bruin
Jan '12

The Weather Channel is a National channel. NOT a Comcast channel The HD (815, 237) is the same as the regular (33) just HD picture quality. Channel 101 is Weatherscan

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts Message Clyde Potts
Jan '12

I am confused. Is the weather on comcast national or local and is national weather comcast and is weatherscan weather.com weather channel whether or not I am watching?

Does partly cloudy mean that "that part up above your head will be totally cloudy?

Why is there air?

Has football started yet?

mistergoogle mistergoogle Message mistergoogle
Jan '12

There is also an interesting on-line site: http://www.wunderground.com.

Interesting thing about this site is that you can select conditions and forecast for Hackettstown and then view the reports from a number of personal and official weather stations scattered around the area. My backyard station reports as Independence Township (KNJINDEP2). Under the banner "Hackettstown Weather at a Glance" there is a Station Select button. You can look at different stations and see the variations, such as temperature vs elevation. There is a table of current reports from all area stations at the bottom of the page.

Richard Richard Message Richard
Jan '12

what channel can i find the all-bryan-weather report on?

BrotherDog BrotherDog Message BrotherDog
Jan '12

BD,

That would be HackettstownLife.com channel.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub Message JeffersonRepub
Jan '12

Richard, nice to meet you my fellow weather nut! My station at wunderground.com is KNJWASHI3. Just enter Califon, NJ into the local weather search window (or zip code 07830) and my station should pop up. I just checked out your station, but you have nothing listed under 'station hardware'. What type of station is yours?

Jan '12

The comcast guy just told me that if you have cable, you will get a local forcast for the nearest town that the comcast or cable office is located (for Hackettstown that would be Port Murray which is the location of the comcast office) If you have Dish, then you will receive the generic or National feed direct from the weather channel. Same with Channel 101, you will only receive this info from the cable company, not on dish.

All I know is when I found the 101 channel, I was like, "Where has THIS been all my life?" Especially in the Summertime when we have very severe lines of storms blasting through. It would always pi$$ me off to no end, when all I needed to know was if I should be concerned that a tornado was rumbling through and had to wait until stupid freakin' Storm Stories was over.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj Message 3wbdwnj
Jan '12

TWO people with backyard weather stations!? Holy cow. We are well served in our area. Cool.

If you go to Wunderground.com, you can see there are about a dozen of us that publish our data online in the immediate area. I have rapidfire updates, meaning the data updates approximately every 2.5 seconds. You can actually see the wind changing speeds and/or direction nearly in real time.

Jan '12

Bruin, It's a Davis Vantage Pro station.

Richard Richard Message Richard
Jan '12

When only the best will do Richard! I have the Davis Vantage Pro2. You can update your wunderground user profile to reflect your hardware. Lets other weather trackers know you have high quality accurate equipment, not some cheap junk!

Jan '12

I am also having this problem in Morgantown WV. Despite being on chat with comcast they would NOT tell me the truth. I suspect that Comcast has cut ties with the local weather version of the Weather Channel so they can pay for the GE share of NBC television.

The HD version of the weather channel is working but no local forecast. Not the best way to treat your customers!

Jean

Jean Jean Message Jean
Feb '13

Q: Where is my "Local On The 8s" forecast on The Weather Channel HD?

A: The technology to produce a detailed Local On The 8s in High Definition is currently in development. In the interim, please watch your Local on the 8s on The Weather Channel standard definition channel.

Schmedley Wilcox Schmedley Wilcox Message Schmedley Wilcox
Feb '13

Who do I get hold of about weather channels to complain in flint,mi 33 is the same as 293 wjrt abc stinks

rick caraway rick caraway Message rick caraway
Nov '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Comcast Weather Channel - no longer forecasts for our area?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Your Web Site (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.