What is the Pig saying in Geico Commercial?

Okay, I've watched enough of the pig on the zip line in the Geico commercial...and still can't understand what it is saying. Pig latin?

OnlyChild OnlyChild
Jan '12

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeeee

Nosila Nosila
Jan '12

Apparently " Pure...Adrenalin" I looked it up

Nosila Nosila
Jan '12

Sooo weird it just came on and now that I know what he says when he said it it was clear as day. I didn't know either before I looked it up

Nosila Nosila
Jan '12

This Little Piggy poem

This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home...

Bonv
Jan '12

Nosila, thanks...other than "weeeeeeweeweeeee", just could not understand the phrase. Obviously the ad agency who created the commercial felt the pig spoke clearly! Guess my ear is more atuned to the lizard.

OnlyChild OnlyChild
Jan '12

No listen next time it comes on it will be clearer now....

Nosila Nosila
Jan '12

I'm going to hedge my bets that this will be one of the most important threads of 2012. ;)

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Jan '12

LOL, I actually rewound the DVR yesterday to figure out what he was saying.

Pure adrenalin was what I thought.

Is rewound the right way to say it?

Joe M Joe M
Jan '12

LOL! I haven't seen this commercial!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

M Martell M Martell
Jan '12

Hey, "INeedMoreCowBell," and to think I'm the same person who started the thread on the Star atop the Hill! Diversified or what.......sure wish Russ Long would read that topic on air, it is shared local history.

OnlyChild OnlyChild
Jan '12

I got a kick out of the first commercial when the pig was saying "weeeee" all the way home. This new one makes zero sense. Is he taking the zip line home? I highly doubt it. A better commercial would be the pig at work, talking normally. Then the clock strikes 5pm, and they show him exiting the building screaming ."

I know, I am REALLY over thinking this :)

CR37- ha ha you belong in Marketing

Nosila Nosila
Jan '12

If you play the pig commercial backwards you hear "flo is dead, flo is dead."

Pig rules. And he's not saying weeeeee, he is saying "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's the tuna?"

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jan '12

It took me a few viewings to understand what the pig was saying as well. Funny as Nosila said, it seems clear as a bell now. Love the pinwheels.

There is a third word after pure adrenalin................................is everyone missing that?
Got any idea what it is?

He looks at the guy across from him and says "Pure.. Adrenalin" Weeeeee.. wee weee lol

MrChevy
Jan '12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlNOwwQQJk

Here is the clip. I am not sure what that third word is. It doesn't sound like a word to me.

It's not a word. He snorts. Pure...adrenalin....snort.

pommy
Jan '12

It sounds like "OK" to me.

It's funny all of you go to all the trouble of rewinding,.etc....next time just turn on the CC in your TV, that's what I do especially when I watch old british shows that are so difficult to understand sometimes..... :)

I hear that commercial every night during Jeopardy. I listened closely and it's "Pure Adrenalin", then a snort, and then back to "weeee".

I agree it's not all that good in what it's selling. After the pig is done, the announcer talks about how Geico is now "mobile" with their new phone app. I guess the zip line is supposed to say "you're mobile".

ET - spent years with Brits, understand exactly what they're saying without the captioning, including even what their words mean. But still don't think we'll "understand". ;-)

Just to finish off EXACTLY what the pig is saying, it's "Pure Adrenalin," then "*snort*" and then kind of under his breath, "OK." I'm surprised this ad was approved with that being so hard to understand. (I found the answer here after googling it because it was frustrating not to know. But I have to agree that once you know what he's saying, it's easy to understand).

blinman blinman
Jan '12

All I know is when that commercial comes on I immediately mute it, he has got to go................HOME! So annoying, to me and hubs especially at 4:30 in the morning! UGH!

Lisa50
Jan '12

Hmmm...I didn't realize it was hard to understand. Maybe it was written for people like me, ya know the ones that spend their days with three and six year olds! LOL.

The part the confuses me is the app, is it about insurance or is it just the piggy going weeeeeee! Our dentist has a spongebob app and all spongebob does is bubble and giggle, I could probably tolerate the pig better than spongebob!

Funny..my mother asked the same thing on Sunday!

Vanessa Vanessa
Jan '12

After reading these, I finally got it. Those of you who said the 3rd word is a *snort* are correct but following the snort there is a subtle laugh, kinda like "heh, heh". So it goes like this, "Pure adrenaline.....*snort*, heh heh!"

Red Zone Red Zone
Jan '12

OMG I thought it was just me I turned volume all the way up....and still couldnt figure out? PURE ADRELINE U SAY? We shall c said the blind man Lol

Ricardo Ricardo
Jan '12

Ahhh but we are all talking about it and know it is an ad for Geico so I guess that means a huge success. Now matter how annoying a commercial the aim is to have the viewer remember it, comment on it, laugh, hate, or anything but be indifferent.

Carole  Eberhardt Carole Eberhardt
Jan '12

Hey,thanx (major) to all who submitted to this thread. My mom,her BFF,and I were trying our damnedest to figure that pig out! BTW,the pig's first appearance (in the car) was cute as hell! It's still one of my favorites.

Peter Running Wolf Peter Running Wolf
Jan '12

I have tried and tried to understand what Lil Mr. Piggiee is saying....It is a big relief to finally know......now I can finally rest......being that apparently I have NO LIFE!!! I do really like the part where they show Mr. Piggie's feet wiggleing around....pretty funny...HA!! One more thing, what is the pig's name? I can't remember from the first commercial.....

Kelton Page Kelton Page
Jan '12

His name is Maxwell......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aL9afAiGLg

Christine Christine
Jan '12

I've been trying to figure this out for a week...thanks for the answer, have to admit v. disappointed. Should have gone with the "when pigs fly" angle.

Walnut Walnut
Jan '12

Sadly this post made me search for the transcript and I learned that the pig is named Maxwell. According to many of the sites Red Zone is right with the end followed by weeeeeeeeeeee.

Bonv
Jan '12

LOL. Look up how many pages are devoted to the 'Geico' pig on Facebook.

He's so cute. I think of him and pork rinds at the same time, though.

Jan '12

I prefer the early AFLAC duck commercials especially the one with Yogi Berra

Bonv
Jan '12

I've rewound it over and over and still can't understand what he's saying. Somebody should have noticed that before they released it.

Kevina Redwine Kevina Redwine
Jan '12

Bonv: You just gotta love Yogi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-EZf56AfYc

EUREKA! It worked! Marketing genius at it's best!
EVERYONE is talking about our pig "ADRENALINE" and knows what we are selling!

JAMES C JAMES C
Jan '12

cbel, thank you that one is my favorite!!

Bonv
Jan '12

Would have been fun to observe the ad team as they brainstormed to come up with a concept and commercial for their client, Geico. I feel the same about the agency who creates the M&M commercials...it must be fun meetings.

OnlyChild OnlyChild
Jan '12

Next time try closed captioning.

Firefly Firefly
Jan '12

I thought it was adrenalin at first and tend to agree...But, the word "beer" came to mind also. "Beer and adrenalin" would be the only way you'd get me on a zip line on a ski slope. I checked out the one on Heavenly Mountain(Lake Tahoe) in September and decided you'd have to be drunk and stupid to trust that thing!

Highstick Highstick
Jan '12

Third word sounds like PERFECT. I first felt the first word was scared? And I have good hearing--it's on every 15 min. or so--but I still won't go GEICO--

Beecee Beecee
Jan '12

I thought his first word was "hey there", just spoken really fast. Whatever, I'm getting alot of mileage out of the "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Joyce Joyce
Jan '12

Sounds to me like pure adrenaline then a snort and a laugh. The weeeeeeeeee is very annoying to me.

Christine Christine
Jan '12

Yea, it is "pure adrenaline" snort, then heh heh. I must speak pig, because it's clear to me. I'm putting that down now as my answer for do you know a second language?

Jan '12

Well it's doing it's job isn't it...It's getting millions of people talking about GEICO!!

Mr.B
Jan '12

He's saying: "I will swallow your soul.".

Mike Mc Mike Mc
Jan '12

if you listen to it backwards he's saying "kill the walrus"

Pinky Pinky
Jan '12

To me it sounds more like "Beer" which I would relate to "FEAR" instead or "Pure" Adrinaline. "Fear & Adrinaline"..... I hate the Pig Commercials.. I like the Geico (Lizard) Much better

Debbie Debbie
Jan '12

thanks everybody, that was driving me insane.

bronner bronner
Jan '12

FEAR, etc... I still would like to find a script for the third "word"

RogerD RogerD
Jan '12

It's barely understandable and thus it is apparently a commercial success for Geico.
Now watch some advertising agencies drive this peculiarity into the ground.

Lew Perkins Lew Perkins
Jan '12

I want to know what they say at the end of the Play Station commercial. It sounds like they are saying "rexextensial" but that makes no sense.

I don't know what the pig is saying but I love it. Having just gone zip lining at the age of 72, I can feel for that man who appears to feel about like I did. Not like the pig who is having a great time.

Nell Best Nell Best
Jan '12

If you go to Geico's site and scroll down on the right, you can get a free ring tone of the pig doing the Weeeeeeee.

You're welcome. ;)

Jan '12

I actually guessed at "Pure---Adrenaline" but it is still hard to understand. I can't believe there are so many people out here wanting to know! I love it.

Kathy Dutchess Kathy Dutchess
Jan '12

Beer adrenelin.............perfect !

Gerjon Gerjon
Jan '12

Gee.. I struggled with this one for a long time too, re-playing the pig's comments to his zip-line buddy many times. At first I thought it said "You're Amica then" but since that's a competing company, it didn't seem likely. I then went online, and found the audio in the YouTube video is much better than the one being broadcast over the networks. I think Geico needs to get the gecko to teach the pig how to talk clearly... it reflects poorly on a company when even their commercials can't be understood.

John Braden John Braden
Jan '12

but what is the commercial about does anyone know? It makes no sense.

ddirtyp ddirtyp
Jan '12

he does not say anything after he says pure adrenaline. he laughs then takes off. come on people

ben1968 ben1968
Jan '12

I think that the tHird word is perfect.

Bsquared Bsquared
Jan '12

To Gerjon. That's what I heard to. I find it funny that a little piggy would mention beer though

raynebowrider raynebowrider
Jan '12

He says "yes I'm a hog I got to go now"

rjimclark@gmail.com rjimclark@gmail.com
Jan '12

he says pure adrenaline then a pause then says for a pig

katho
Jan '12

lol, i thought I was the only person obsessed about finding out what that dang pig was saying on the zip line!!! worst commercial ever?? perhaps...but it sure does keep Geico on the mind.....genius?? maybe....

JasonC
Jan '12

i thought he said "yeah....i can handle it" but i also thought it may be "yeah..pure adrnealine" but i believe mostly it is the "yeah... i can handle it"

charles charles
Jan '12

The first time I saw the commercial I thought he said to the bearded man...

"Beard.... A turn on"..... "weeeeeee, we, we, we, weeeeeee"

vincentvega
Jan '12

I kept hearing 'Paris Eternity....Perfect. But I kept listening and did finally
hear 'Pure Adrenaline...Perfect'. Needing to know kept me listening. Smart
advertising!!

rosehandley rosehandley
Jan '12

GEICO PR have made the pig's words a lot clearer now to understand {:>)

Kathy Dutchess Kathy Dutchess
Jan '12

I agree with the last post. I think they edited the ad making the audio much much clearer,

I just saw a new version of this commercial where they retaped the pig saying "pure adrenaline." It's from a different angle, so it's definitely a new shot. They must be reading these message boards!

Super Poly Super Poly
Jan '12

Snow I heard it clear as day the first time too.. but like you said, I live with a 2 year old who is my only social contact throughout the day lol!

just visiting just visiting
Jan '12

The voice-over for the little piggy has been made more understandable
in mid-January. Geico and its ad agency have gone all weak-kneed on
us. The cowards!

Lew Perkins Lew Perkins
Jan '12

Third word Perr-fect

Bobbbb Bobbbb
Jan '12

Thank you. Now I can sleep tonight.

rockytony rockytony
Jan '12

I believe its, " Pure...Adrenalin". I would like to see a new commerical with maxwell and the little green Gecko together. What do you think?

oiver.martha oiver.martha
Jan '12

My husband though he said "Beard, a turn on." Ha!

JenniferA JenniferA
Jan '12

I think the ad agency recently "re-did" the voiceover. I couldn't understand it the first dozen times I saw it, now it's clear as can be. And didn't his voice get lower???

Sunshine Gingerbread Sunshine Gingerbread
Jan '12

I finally looked this up on on Google and came to this page after viewing this commercial over a hundred times. I was able to barely make out what seemed like "Adrenaline" but could not for the life of me figure out the word he said before it. I'm glad to find out that I wasn't the only one! LOL

I don't know if the AD agency meant it to be but they got me to talk about it. :)

Marco Persad Marco Persad
Jan '12

i thought he says oink oink weeeeeeeeee

valdez valdez
Jan '12

ok - i thought it was beer adrenaline birthday. Perhaps he went on a zip line for his special occasion

Fear, adreline, perfect

Dennis Dennis
Jan '12

Geico finally revised the commercial. In the first batch of commercials (from December), the pig says "pure, adrenaline" but the pig says the word "adrenaline" too fast and too nasal for anyone to understand it. In the second batch of commercials (from after January 22d), they told the pig to say the word "adrenaline" SLOWER so the audience could understand it. It's the pig's fault for not speaking more clearly the first time.

Say what....
Jan '12

Why all this interest in the piggy? Are we dumping the gecko?

Conrad B. Conrad B.
Jan '12

I could'nt understand what he said in the earlier brocastings. But Geico obviously noticed and made the pig speak more clear..

G Phill 3 G Phill 3
Jan '12

Wow. i thought it was Pierre?.....I'm channeling.

dferg dferg
Jan '12

I'm glad it wasn't just me who couldn't understand the Pig. One day it was CLEAR! Guess they got tired of the complaints....Just happy it wasn't just me.

cakes cakes
Jan '12

Love this commercial.....it's sooooo Geico!!!

Gary, Adrenaline.

Marilyn McKinley Marilyn McKinley
Jan '12

You people are crazy and obsessed.... The pig clearly squeals ...."Weeeeee"....then he calls his buddy's name
"Gary"
And says
"pure adrenaline'"

Pat MaHeiney Pat MaHeiney
Jan '12

I'm pretty sure that they cleaned up the way he says Pure Adrenaline. I can understand it every time now. I did get a new TV though but I think they realized their error and fixed it. Unlike that new fake commercial with the pug after the Doritos.

Spuddy98 Spuddy98
Jan '12

Lol!!!! My husband, son, and myself kept replaying and replaying. I said screw this I'll Google it. Thanks. Haha!

michelle michelle
Jan '12

I thought it was beer. a turn on. Makes sense to me.

I thought he said "Dude, it's a turn on". I think someone else thought that too. I can definately hear a difference in the commercials leading me to believe they did revise them.

I do love his sweet little feet waving in the air. I stop what I'm doing everytime it comes on and watch.

PammyN PammyN
Jan '12

The pig looks like he is having a good time. I would like to hear a happier noise. His "wheeeeeeeee" to me is a very sad noise. I love all animals and I want to see them all happy. Maybe a silly Cockney expression would be good. I like the pig better in the car commercial, but I want to see a happier expression from the driver. I am very strong on all animals because I feel when all the love in the world has failed, through our animals this all the love we have left.

Robert Allbright

Robert Allbright Robert Allbright
Jan '12

I thought he was saying pure air, a tum on!

ronster33167 ronster33167
Jan '12

Everyone thinks the pig is saying PURE ADRENALIN ... But what he is actualy saying is .....FEAR... I'M CHANNELING .

mEANNING THAT HE IS SO AFRAID OF DOING WHAT HE IS DOING THAT ALL HE CAN DO IS YELL weeee weeee weee

Other than Weeeeeeeeeeee

He says "Hey Gary"...."Do I turn you on"

Beer
Jan '12

This is the most annoying commercial I've heard since their last stupid commercial.

Italics Mine Italics Mine
Jan '12

You're all wrong - the pig says "you've no idea at all of where you're posting". ;-)

I love the pig....would like to have that much fun myself.

I think its pure adrenaline & then not bad then weeeeeeeeeeeweeweeweeeeeeeeee

Southernthang
Feb '12

As the Advertiser intended, I listened to the damn fool thing about 15 times trying to figure out what the porker was saying. After I decided, it turns out I was mistaken. By the time a friend got me properly advised, I'd forgotten what they were selling, and furthermore didn't give a rat's rear end. GEICO WHO?

Muleskinner Muleskinner
Feb '12

I thought the pig said the same thing Ned Beatty said on "Deliverence"!

Weeeeee Weeeeeeeeeeee Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pig Hater
Feb '12

They have changed it slightly, and now you can hear him say "Pure, adrenalin". Before, it was hard to understand (not for me as I am blind and rely on my hearing to identify the actor and speeches). They have altered it twice... now you can really hear what he says.

Sammy Sammy
Feb '12

P.S. His name is not Maxwell (as in the coffee). His name is Maximus.

Sammy Sammy
Feb '12

"Pure adrenaline.....*snort*, heh heh!" - got in on the third or fourth viewing - now loving the downhill race, too!

Terri Terri
Feb '12

All I heard was adrenaline but I didn't hear pure

vinny vinny
Feb '12

I thought he was saying "fear", "adrenalin", but I could be wrong.

Margaret Rodgers Margaret Rodgers
Mar '12

And how about the latest commercial with the pig racing down the hill on that skateboard type thing ...I listened real close in case it was going to be another case of mumbled words..."heads up" was pretty clear...wish the meaning of their commercials was that clear.

OnlyChild OnlyChild
Mar '12

Wish they'd make bacon out of the stupid pig

dont they get pharmacutical adrenalin from pigs

It not pure. It's Pierre Adrenaline weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Grandmabugga1
Mar '12

@Duh, i believe what they get is insulin.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '12

I just saw this commercial on TV and had to Google it to find out what he said. After reading everything here and wanting to hear for myself, I replayed the commercial for about 30 minutes and just couldn't be sure. For some reason, however, I now feel the need to buy car insurance.

Haywood Haywood
Mar '12

Pure Adrenalin

This is my favorite commercial.
My little Pomeranian loves it too.
He pounces up and down and gets
so excited when the little piggy comes
on!

Paula Paula
Mar '12

I think its just a stupid commercial and doesnt mean anything ..

mike c mike c
Mar '12

Why did Geico change the name of the pig from Russell to Maxwell? The first commerical with the pig in the car and she calls him Russell, then later they changed it to Maxwell.

OT Wade OT Wade
Sep '12

No.. she called him Maxwell in the car when he has his head out the window, saying, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Just watched on youtube to double check myself and she says, "Max", then "Maxwell"

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Sep '12

What does the second STEWARDESS say to the PIG as her parting remark??? I can understand the pig, but not her!!!!

Carolmarie Carolmarie
Jan '13

She said "I'll believe that when pigs fly"

jrsemom jrsemom
Jan '13

Does anyone else think the 2 stewardesses from that commercial are the actresses that played the 2 female Army MPs from the Bill Murray movie Stripes ?

hktownie hktownie
Jan '13

The movie stripes was 32 yrs ago , they don't look that old.

They might look like a Mentos commercial, but not Stripes.

As for what she says, I think it's:

"I bet he just Googles and posts without looking. Next thing you know he'll want a free home makeover and see a ring around the moon..."

;-)

The female MPs in Stripes were Sean Young of Blade Runner and Ace Ventura fame and the other one's name escapes me, but she was in the original Halloween and Carrie in addition to Stripes.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '13

Thank goodness someone asked about the second stewardess (waitperson??) I get confused ... on the flying pig commercial. I have listened to the ending so many times I am sick of seeing it. I did love the first little piggy commercial with the little guy sticking his head out the window and going : "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...!" He is a little cutie. I use the "This little piggy" thing when I am putting my parrot to bed at night.. I use her toes just like my Dad did to me eons ago... except the one little piggy is eating a Hostess Cupcake in the newer version.

Erin_O Erin_O
Jan '13

When I first saw this commercial I thought GEICO was poking fun at Alec Baldwin
(the incident where he wouldn't shut down his Kindle before take-off ;he was playing "Words with Friends"). I am still not sure they are not, tongue-in-cheek, referencing this incident. He is well known to be a "pig".

Jeddy's MiMi Jeddy's MiMi
Jan '13

Didn't he call his daughter "a selfish little pig" on that voice mail that got leaked to TMZ or whoever?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '13

Help--what does the stewardess say before she says 'when pigs fly?' I do not understand why the pig would say 'did she really say that?' I feel so silly paying so much attention to this commercial!

Pamela Pamela
Jan '13

Just sayin', the pig's sayin':

Sow what if I'm boaring everyone?

patrick patrick
Jan '13

I still think they look like the MPs from Stripes! Look closely, they're older but hiding it well.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '13

Re: What is the Pig saying in Geico Commercial?

MP #1 - Sean Young

ianimal ianimal
Jan '13

Re: What is the Pig saying in Geico Commercial?

MP #2 P.J. Soles

Neither of these women are in that Geico commercial.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '13

It's the AllState ad with the creepy painter that creeps me out. It shows evil paintings from his past recollections of people and then one of his AllState agent, as a white knight and then he speaks with the black Allstate speakers voice and then they show what in other commercials is the agent --- a black man.

What AllState, black knights considered bad?

Jan '13

If you are reffering to the dark haired stewardess; last staement it is "Ill believe that when pigs fly."

Brett Brett
Jan '13

Figured out the white knight ---- the spokesman is Dennis Haysbert and he is the spokesman, not the agent. ah, all is well.

Jan '13

The pig said, "pretty cool right".

Percy M Lee Percy M Lee
Mar '13

The pig said,"That's my Geico Insurance ID card sir' It's degital, pretty cool right?"

Percy M Lee Percy M Lee
Mar '13

The second stwardess says something like, "... Probably when pigs fly".

Liz a Liz a
Jul '13

Keep seeing the Snickers commercial with the ladies working out with the football player. When he says "whats my name" what do the ladies say? Cant understand them.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

"Johnny Jam Boogie"

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

Thanks ianimal. : )

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.