Tornado warning for H town, 6/22/11 5:18pm

Careful, storm may see a tornado with it. Warning is issued, if you see one, it should be any second.

Bruin Bruin
Jun '11

watch all local roads
46 in indepenance is shut down at this time trees and wires watch for detours
russling road closed trees and wires

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '11

its really bad right now. pretty scary.

nathalie nathalie
Jun '11

My friends were playing basketball at the middle school and they said they saw a tornado! I don't know how true it is but they all got in their cars and ran for it!

Isaky12
Jun '11

If anyone can send out an e-mail in Hackettstown, please let us know how things are.

Spring Fever
Jun '11

We're okay where we live but I'm hearing lots of different sirens sounding outside.

tree cross road near 5 coners

Jun '11

A&W, my brother lives in Hackettstown.
Do you know how the Prospect St area is?

Spring Fever
Jun '11

I live on Prospect Street and everything is ok here...was really scary though...

reedfamily reedfamily
Jun '11

tree in road resse ave
tree in road baldwin st

Jun '11

Kids at middle school didnt see a tornado............they saw a crazy lady running down the road YELLING TORNADO!

abbadabbadooooo abbadabbadooooo
Jun '11

Thank you for the info, CA, reedfamily, A&W!

Spring Fever
Jun '11

tree on car liberty street
tree in rd THIRD ST/BETWEEN VALLEY VIEW AND PROSPECT

Jun '11

Lot of activity by the Middle School, just got home from work, ride down Waterloo Rd was hair raising for sure. Several fire engines & police cars on Washington between West Plane and Center (I think that's what it is)

Bessie Bessie
Jun '11

46 in indepenance might be reopen

Jun '11

Trees down everywhere. We lost a couple and one is teetering on falling on our deck.......our canopy went flying like a plane....but our chicken rotisserie on the grill is still ok! LOL!!

Stay safe everyone. does anyone have a chain saw?

Christine Christine
Jun '11

blairstown hit very hard by storm

Jun '11

Lots of emergency vehicles out - http://www.wcpublicsafety.com/firstresponder/wc911/recframe.html

UH Was that you abbba?

Christine Christine
Jun '11

Tree on house on Church St. 200 block

Jun '11

Oh nooooo abba I am praying its not you................

Christine Christine
Jun '11

No not me..........:) It's that house that has THREE units in it.

Jun '11

Our street (private road) near E. Prospect has a tree down now blocking the road to rest of the houses on the street. DH out now with his chain saw. This was a bad one!

joyful joyful
Jun '11

Does anyone have any info about Panther Valley?

Oh ok abba...........sorry for them........

Christine Christine
Jun '11

So is that it? I heard NJN it was going to be storming all night??

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jun '11

Russling rd blocked between 46 and mt bethel still

Rebecka/iphone
Jun '11

If you are expecting anyone coming home from the east they probably will be late. Traffic lights are out on Rt. 10.

The public safety website is down due to the high number of calls.

It's working fine for me BLD

jrsemom jrsemom
Jun '11

91.9 off air

Rebecka/iphone
Jun '11

WOW sounds like it was pretty bad by you guys. Not even a drop of rain here. Could hear the thunder and see the storm pass just to the north of us though.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '11

Judging from the radar, the storm went right over Hackettstown and Allamuchy area, even the deep purple areas. We had sprinkles here in Washington, but that was it.

Spring Fever
Jun '11

We got hit hard in our neighborhood. Neighbors screens were flying off windows, trees down lawn chairs and awnings everywhere........stay safe!

Christine Christine
Jun '11

You must be pretty close to us Christine. The guys are all out now cutting up fallen down trees on our street and yard. Looks like it is over now..I hope it is as it is still muggy out there.... now planning for us all to jump in the pool.

joyful joyful
Jun '11

I am in West Valleyview Woods.........I think its more humid now then before.

Christine Christine
Jun '11

Warning...beware of tomorr and friday.. suppose to get worse storms during the afternoon tomorr and fri especially tomorr..if today was a sneak peak for tomorr then it will be worse tomorr..be very careful tomorr afternoon and keep an eye to the sky.... there was a funnel cloud spotted in htown..some pretty scary stuff. prob one of the worse storms i've seen..

justspeakinthetruth justspeakinthetruth
Jun '11

Can someone say if Russling is now open??

Rebecka/iphone
Jun '11

Rebecka,
As of now it is not open.

I'm surprised as of yet no one spoke of the lightning. This storm had a very central pocket of very dark clouds inside the rest of the storm and that brought some serious lightning. A lot of strikes, several very close by. Sugar was not at all happy about that, she doesn't quite have Tigger's blase attitude down yet... :-(

GC: Neither was Miss Kitty..she knew what was coming as DH sat outside waiting for it to "hit"...She wanted her "Dad" inside where she knew it was safe..

joyful joyful
Jun '11

My daughter and I were watching the storm when it first began from our back door...the clouds were moving in a circular motion from East to West which seemed odd bc the storm was coming from the West...it really looked ominous...Some scary stuff...Trusting that tomorrow we do not get another tornado warning..

reedfamily reedfamily
Jun '11

news 12 and other media members our staging at field of dreams or on cementary hill road..news truck is there and eveyrthing

Jun '11

Re: Tornado warning for H town, 6/22/11 5:18pm

Miss Kitty - I'm not afraid of no storm, lightning or not. I'll be your man.

Tigger Tigger
Jun '11

I was on russling when everything fell. A tree limb fell straight down to the middle if my windshield. Kids and I are fine but it was so scary. I hope the other two drivers near me are ok.

GC, I saw some of that nasty lightening on my way from the Morristown area towards Randolph. I was quite a bit nervous driving through the apocalypse on Sussex Turnpike, worrying that with so much tree cover, something was bound to fall on me. Luckily I made it through, and by the time I got to Chester, it was all over, bright sunshine.

It still amazes me that people don't have their headlights on, with absolutely no visibility. So stupid.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '11

I live over by M&M's and a bolt of lightning definitely hit something close by to my house. All I know is I saw a bright flash right outside my back window, and the boom that followed almost instantly shook the house. After gasping loudly and sitting on the floor, my 70lb dog jumped in my lap and remained there for the rest of the storm...

BroadwayNJ
Jun '11

tree uprooted with wires down on Monroe St. by Valentine St. in Hackettstown

boogers
Jun '11

Please be careful on Russling rd. There is a large piece of a tree down in the rd a few houses up off of rte 46 up from Best. It's blocking the lane coming down toward best. might be hard to see in the dark!

Wow sounds like some areas were hit really bad. In PV, at least from the gate to about halfway back, everything looks good. DDs and I were actually on our way to Staples as the storm was rolling in and we were in Staples during the storm itself. On our way out, I didn't like the look of the clouds as they went over Schooley's Mountain. They looked like they were swirling funny...

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jun '11

I hope everyone is ok I had some family come in from h'town though the storm and had to keep them company they were happy to be out of mess thats why i went off line

Jun '11

http://www.news12.com/index.jsp

warren county is in the newws for this tornadoe warning

Jun '11

Budd Lake checking in here. It was really bad up here too. I have never seen lightning like that before. It was non stop. Even the thunder constant. I was watching out my window at the clouds moving in all different directions and the lightning striking all around my neighborhood.

At one point there was hail bouncing off my A/C. And at another time the rain was sideways and then changed to all different directions. Definitely scary. Especially with all the whacky weather that other parts of the country have been having.

SeeintheReality SeeintheReality
Jun '11

Russling Rd. still closed as of about 10pm 6/22.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '11

Russling Rd. still closed as of about 12pm 6/22.

Also what gets me mas is tha we have to have the national weather service tell us what type of storm it was after when there butts are not here to see it

Jun '11

Russling Rd. and Cemetery Rd. in Independence were both closed last night around 9:00pm, not sure if they have reopened yet this morning. Townsbury Rd. and Barkers Mill are still quite a mess this morning, the wires are back up but there are still trees and debris everywhere. We did finally get power back on around 3:00 this morning. Hopefully everything in the fridge and freezers made it through!

As far as I know no one in this area was hurt in this area. Unfortunately that was not the case in South Jersey - http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/person_killed_as_violent_storm.html

Russling Road is still closed from Bests to Highland Rd

indy5
Jun '11

What's amazing is how localized this storm was. I left Hackettstown just before the storm started and drove toward Port Murray. We could see the dark clouds to the north, but absolutely nothing happened here, not even a drop of rain.

awakeagain awakeagain
Jun '11

Russling Road still closed on my way in this morning about 6:45. Lots of power trucks working by Bar 46. What a mess!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Jun '11

alot of cloud to ground lightning with this one...

Omni Potent
Jun '11

great shot Omni!

Bryan Bryan
Jun '11

awesome shot!

Russling Road is still closed as of 15 mins ago. Still no power towards Barkers Mill Road end of Russling.

Richard Richard
Jun '11

christine -

tell Bergy i got a new 20" chainsaw that cuts up everything,

let me know when i should come by to help you out.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jun '11

Thanks for the update, I'm at work, so if someone could post when the powers back on that would be great!

indy5
Jun '11

Does anyone know if power is back in highlands of independence.

Buddy Buddy
Jun '11

Thanks BD I will have him call you!

Christine Christine
Jun '11

I am such a wuss with these storms. I was by a big open window, lightening coming through saw the dark skies and freaked so ran into my bathroom and brought everything for communication with me plus some food lol yeah uh WUSS!

Pepper Cat Pepper Cat
Jun '11

This is me hiding in my bathroom during the storm lol

Pepper Cat Pepper Cat
Jun '11

Buddy, power came back to johnson rd.

LMAO pepper cat, that picture just cracks me up! I hid in the bathtub with the cat during the last storm.

Heather Heather
Jun '11

So strange - I am near the "Main Street" part of Port Murray, And we got nothing. Maybe 5 rain drops, no wind, a dark cloud went over but nothing

Just Asking Just Asking
Jun '11

Power is back on Russling Road as of around 1:15pm

BrianD BrianD
Jun '11

Highland Rd. has power.

Just got power back - here's a video of damage to the area...

http://www.news12.com/index.jsp?regionId=2&region_name=NJ

click on "Trees Topple Power Lines in Warren County"

Sandy

SandraDee SandraDee
Jun '11

That's quite the video, SandraDee -- thanks for posting.

A section of Russling Road still closed, as is a section of Valentine Street. I'm not sure if that section of Church Street is open yet.

It's a mess out there!

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
Jun '11

What section of Russling rd is closed does anyone know?

Adriana Adriana
Jun '11

Valentine st is open again

summerlover summerlover
Jun '11

Omni potent that's awesome picture, looks like a funnel cloud in the background lol

summerlover summerlover
Jun '11

Russling Rd was closed down near Tannery Rd behind Happy Tails. You couldn't even get on at 46 where Best is. It's open now!

SandraDee SandraDee
Jun '11

Thanks hopeful - some people had a hard time seeing it. Oh joy for Java! Try news12.com then News and scroll down under Top Stories to Trees Topple Power Lines in Warren County.

SandraDee SandraDee
Jun '11

Direct link with video

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=284934&position=1&news_type=news

Thanks maja!! That solves the problem :)

SandraDee SandraDee
Jun '11

did anyone see the accident on east ave yesterday due to the storm? it was closed off and from what i could see a giant tree fell on a mini van as it was travelling down east ave right across from peachtree village. hope no one was hurt

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jun '11

91.9 was off the air because, either centenary or somewhere near it was hit by lightning, and it knocked out their radio capabilities, etc.

hellothere hellothere
Jun '11

Does anyone have any photos? I was on Russling and have had a lot of damage to my car. Windshield and big dent have been fixed but the telephone wire had a tree part stuck to it that hit me and there is sort of whip marks across my car and smaller damages....trying to get covered what I should....thanks (shrink for my kids and I will be a different evaulation! jk)

someone1 someone1
Aug '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.