Marleys Jr

Does anyone know anything about the new Marleys Jr
On rt 57 and Anderson rd in Port Murry. I saw a banner
out in front of it today?

At the old hotel?

My wife and I were sorry to see the cafe close...they had good sandwiches.

Yes it was at the old hotel.

The Anderson Hotel has been discussed on HL in the past. It reopened in 2017 as Country Corner Store And Café. I hadn't realized it was closed. I gather the covid debacle was difficult to navigate. Too bad. Perhaps this new place will find success.

Strange, it was really nice, good food, good people. Seemed popular. Great reubens.

I agree, covid difficult for everything. Yet, some, like Mama's, seemed to thrive. Yet, those who pushed back certainly suffered. It's a hard knock life for sure.

mama's would survive a nuclear attack.

Not a fan but good for them

Marcus1888 Marcus1888
March 22nd

I passed by today too and saw that to about Marleys opening up there. I noticed it said it will be Breakfast items (and also Lunch?)

Hackresident Hackresident
March 22nd

Ahh bummer....I'm not interested in breakfast or lunch.

I want another place I can go at 7 or 8 at night.

Same, Josh. It's an extremely rare instance for us to eat breakfast or lunch out unless we are on vacation. I had no idea Country Corner had closed. I don't get down that way often. I went there once for a sandwich years ago and it was very good. Best of luck to Marley's.

Calico696 Calico696
March 23rd

Where was Country Corner?

Hackresident Hackresident
March 26th

The Anderson Hotel at the intersection of NJ57 and Asbury-Anderson Road.

ianimal ianimal
March 26th

Re: Marleys Jr

Yes, the building at that corner opposite the church on the "point" of that intersection.

Better image.

The church is sold too I think and seems new owners have spruced it up a bit.

The circle of life.

They opened yesterday-

https://wrnjradio.com/marleys-opens-new-breakfast-and-lunch-restaurant-in-warren-county/

https://www.marleysjr.com/

$7 for 2 pancakes.... seems like an oddly high price...when they have a breakfast sandwich with your choice of meat, egg and cheese for $5.

Almost $19 for how many wings??

Im not defending the high prices, as i think they are way to high everywhere, but if you look at riverstar its 8.95 on grubhub for a short stack, (not sure if they do 2 or 3 for a short,) as for the wings they are absurdly high everywhere. Prices just suck in general.

Grubhub prices are marked up, no?

Why would you compare a delivery price to a go to get em yourself price?

To hell with the prices... they lost me at "Joisey".

Josh, are they 6" diameter pancakes or 12" diameter pancakes? Without that tidbit, it's tough to assess price point.

I've never measured a pancake. :)

Always just took what I get...and never noticed consistency in sizing.

Thinking back- I don't think I've ever seen a 12 inch pancake either... must be hard to flip.

Are they really from New Jersey? I've never met anyone who pronounced it "Joisey". Plus they spelled "Taylor Ham" wrong. :O)

I only mentioned that as they dont have updated prices but i know that at other diners they are 7 dollars for two pancakes. What im getting at is prices are just absurdly high all over.

the average size of a dinner plate is 10.5" - 12". if the pancake is as big as a dinner plate then the pancake is likely a 12" pancake. if it is half the size of a dinner plate then the pancake is likely about 6".
of course if one has had Gronsky's pancakes then one would know what a delicious 12" pancake looks like.
rather simple really

OK is correct: prices are high everywhere, even fast food. This isn't a Marley's exclusive LOL.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
2 weeks ago

It's a bargain if it's a smoke and a pancake! LOL.

One just needs to understand the GDP to to realize, the state the US economy truly is in.

I went today and got a cheesesteak. They're still getting the bugs worked out, but then, that's normal for just having opened. I liked the cheesesteak, but wasn't that big a fan of the fries, as they seemed a bit thin for my taste, and I'm not too into fries anyway.

I did notice on the menu that it mentioned 7pm, rather than stopping just after lunch time. If that's the actual closing time, then that's a good thing. I got there about 3:30 or 3:45, and the place was quite busy, with the parking lot well over half full.

Phil D. Phil D.
1 week ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.