Solar solicitor

Has anyone else had a solar panel solicitor this week show up at the door along Grand Ave? They say they are doing solar installs in College view area and can offer a no cost deal... and when told no they said they would stop back again. They had ID and a supposed Hackettstown permit.

Grascal
Jul '23

I don't care what permit they have- I say no and they respond saying they will come back will be responded with me letting them know they will be called in for trespass.

Yes I had one today - he was polite - I live in Liberty and we do have a no solicitation - now I don’t care if they are very polite - he said he had a permit - I said ok because you might piss off the wrong person. Again the young gentleman was very polite. And did not push to sell when I said “not interested” before he could finish his sentence.

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Jul '23

Scammers like this always piss off the wrong person - ME ! Just a modern version of the driveway paving scam . If someone has a quality product or service in demand they don't have to knock on doors to sell it and these creeps like to prey on seniors . Send them on their way with a promise to call the police if they return . A no cost deal is the tip off these clowns are crooks looking to separate you from your hard earned money .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jul '23

Yes, I live in the Grand Ave area and had a woman stop by a few weeks ago to which I responded I’m not interested. Today two women showed up at the house when I wasn’t home during the day and my mother told them I wasn’t interested, and that she was very upset since someone was told no previously. They said they would return regardless to speak to me and they did, at 7:30 this evening, and I said just stop it and go, I’m not interested, and I was not nice to say the least! I feel it’s harassment to repeatedly show up at someone’s house when you’ve clearly been told to stop.

I had a young girl show up a few months ago- I don't remember the company - but I stepped outside with a beer- and proceeded to have a conversation she wasn't expecting.

I got technical with her- about the panels, about the certificates, about the rebates, about the limitations on what a homeowner can do VS those that are allowed to put a bunch in a field.

She honestly didn't know anything about most of it...said she lived in Hackettstown and was a single mom and had just started the job recently.

We talked for a good 30 minutes or more... and at the end when she was about to go- she asked if she could call her supervisor- and I would make an 'appointment' for them to send someone else out later. She told me it was OK that I wasn't interested...just set the appointment for a time that I wouldn't be home- but they thought I would be.

My guess is- she only gets paid- or some sort of 'performance system' like cops- if they 'get one on the hook'...

I asked her if she gets many people to sign up / buy- and she said no. Said she went to (I forget, but a LOT) of houses each day...and is lucky to get 1 or 2 to move forward.

She honestly seemed surprised at what I told her about how solar works...seemed sad and unhappy about the job of bothering people, their responses and having to repeat that all day long... and totally didn't want to upset anyone but appeared forced to make a phone call back to 'base' and have me speak to someone for an 'appointment' for her to get credit.

So don't necessarily take out your anger on the people at the door. They may just need a job- food on the table- and didn't know what they are getting into.... it's the people above them that are the real scum....mostly. Pavers are a different story- many of them are related and ALL scuzzy salesmen.

Note- I told her fine- call your boss- put him on speaker- I'll make an appointment for a time I won't be home- but they won't know. The guy asked my name- address and if I was the homeowner. Yup, yup, yup...then he asked if I had the title to my home that I could provide at the time of the appointment. I responded- "you don't need to see my title to put in solar" but he said yes, we do- and I said then I'm not interested...go find some other sucker and I hung up her phone.

Yah.....beware!!

Josh, you aren’t interested in cheap Chinese solar panels that will save the planet AND let you retire early from the savings??!!?? Are you insane?!!!?

Consigliere
Jul '23

Liberty Thinker- I had the same group come to my door back in February, when I was on vacation.

I looked up the Liberty Township minutes then and found they issued a permit to this group- this info copied right from the public workshop Feb 23 minutes, available on the Liberty Township website.

"NEW BUSINESS
APPLICATION FOR SOLICITOR’S PERMIT
An application was received from Paris Gonzalez to solicit for Trinity Solar, Inc. Mr. Gonzalez was present and
answered questions from the Governing Body regarding his experience and his presentation to the residents. A
motion by Pete Karcher authorizing the issuance of a solicitor’s permit with expiration of 31 December 2023,
to Paris Gonzalez for Trinity Solar carried."

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jul '23

I had a young kid stop by in Independance on ridge road. He pulled 1/3 into the driveway and was pretty sketchy when confronted as to what he was doing. He didn't seem to go to the next house either. He turnwd around and went back the way he came. Found it odd for 6pm ornso.

The solar scammers hit me up today and had the unfortunate timing to come a day after some driveway paver tried the scam we have some blacktop to get rid of for a job we are doing nearby blah blah blah . I politely refused that crook , but used it all up and went off on the solar scammer - he won't be back .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '23

Was the Paver "good ole" CHARLIES? Scammers at the very least. Made the mistake of saying yes. I didn't think you could put down pavement that thin! It's all coming up now.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Aug '23

Today a woman came by (near Miller Street) soliciting "renewal by Anderson" windows, obviously she didn't know anything about windows. Anyone else ? Not sure what to make of it.

Over the summer Anderson has been by twice, and four different mailers on top of that.

The Anderson girl was around the other day. She laughed when my hubby answered her questions before she asked. Very pleasant. Just doing her job.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '23

Hi I live in Liberty and just had a solar solicitor at my home. Very creepy but polite. He caught me off guard. Husband furious I didn’t call for him downstairs. Be on the lookout it’s definitely a scam. White Mazda. PA plates!

I put up a no soliciting sign. Works like a charm!

White newer Mazda SUV yes!!!! They've been everywhere lately...... quite annoying and persistent!!!!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Solar solicitor
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.