Construction Project East Ave

Is there any website I can go to check up on current road construction projects? They’ve been working recently at the intersection of Route 46 and East Avenue (by the defunct Hyundai dealership). It looks like they’re moving the light stanchions back further from the curb. Someone that said they’re going to be widening both sides of east Avenue. Let me know if anyone has any information.

Thanks!

TheSoundGuy TheSoundGuy
May '23

I would start with the "In the Works" tab on the NJDOT website. Or stop by when the crew is working and ask. I would absolutely guarantee there will be at least one person "supervising" while others work. LMAO!

Good to see some positive improvements at that intersection. Beyond the outdated and dangerous nature of it, the condition is simply abysmal.

Looks like this might be it. Probably got delayed due to the pandemic. https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/uploads/comm/pubmeet/details/Handout20200203.pdf

ManAboutTown ManAboutTown
May '23

Haha Greg, so true. There is always at least two to three guys leaning on shovels

Consigliere
May '23

I heard that the impact of this construction will be minimal as opposed to when the bridge gets replaced on East Ave.

Richie
May '23

If my memory is correct one of those light stanchions was damaged by a truck some months ago.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Construction Project East Ave
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.