Spring Clean up 2023?

Hello. I saw someone mention this year the Spring clean up is this weekend but I searched online and I can't find any other evidence of it. Is there a website where I can get some info? Is it definitely this weekend? (Easter weekend??). Do they take mattresses and a broken platform bed? TIA.

Stella Stella
Apr '23

Always go to the Hackettstown website for all information. Hackettstown.net

Clean up is next Fri-Sat. From the DPW calendar:

SPRING & FALL CLEAN-UP: ***

Spring Clean Up items will NOT be collected curbside. Residents are responsible for transporting items to the Miller Street Fire House on the following dates and times during the listed two weekends: Friday, April 14, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 15, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Friday, September 15, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 16, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PROOF OF RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED. The town is not responsible for any damage due to unloading vehicles. HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ONLY to be accepted; this does NOT INCLUDE yard trimmings (grass, brush, branches, etc.), hazardous waste materials (propane tanks, tires, concrete, asphalt, paint, etc.) or recyclable materials. Absolutely NO CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, such as shingles, sheet rock, lumber, tiles, fence/fence posts, siding, windows and doors will be accepted – this includes any materials related to home renovation projects. Homeowners involved in renovation projects within their household should contact the Warren County Landfill, (908) 453-2174, for options pertaining to construction material disposal. NO ELECTRONICS (such as televisions, computers, monitors, hard drives, printers, phones, etc.) These can be disposed of at our Electronics Collection on May 13th, 2023.

And other towns like Independence/Mansfield/Long Valley may be different.

Long Valley/Washington Twp (Morris) does not have anything resembling this. In fact, you have to pay $100 annually for a permit to use the township recycling center (which has severe limits on what they will take).

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '23

+1 Warren County

ole' timer
Apr '23

Will they pick up for seniors or disabled?

Pamela Pamela
Apr '23

Pamela, the next paragraph of the information I copied from the town website I encourage folks to always utilize states the following:

Anyone handicapped or 65 years or older who is unable to bring their clean up material for drop off must call the D.P.W. garage prior to the last clean up weekend at (908) 852-2320 to schedule arrangements for pickup.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Spring Clean up 2023?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.