ATTN: Scanner Buffs

The NJSP North Troop B simulcast 800MHz system was decommissioned this past weekend. They are now operating on the NJICS 39A 700 MHz system. Update your control channel sites, talk group IDs should remain the same. Verify your radio can decode APCO-25 transmissions. Due to the change, most web based scanner apps will not work.

OP, what is a good scanner to listen to fire and police around here that won't break the bank?

wondering
Nov '22

If your just listening to warren county any analog scanner will do. I have traditionally used uniden bearcat scanners.You can find cheap ones on ebay. I use a bc355n for the county at home. The high end scanners need a PC to program.

There are scanner apps for phones. Not sure how they compare, but they seem to work well locally and of course all over the country.

Steve Steve
Nov '22

I have a Uniden bearcat home scanner and it works great! Some frequencies locally are very scratchy even if I adjust the squelch

Does anyone have an updated list or link to a site that has the updated codes for local areas? My scanners are out of date many of the old channels I had no longer work.

Grascal
Nov '22

I can get you them

https://www.radioreference.com/db/browse/ctid/1791 all local freqs for warren county

Mike, Thank you so much.

Grascal
Nov '22

Check out broadcastify on your mobile device. Plus warren County public safety has a listing of all agencies and their corresponding codes

Dare kope Dare kope
Nov '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: ATTN: Scanner Buffs
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.