Pork Roll, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich

Where in Hackettstown can I get the best Pork Roll, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich?

Richie
Oct '22

It's always subjective to which one is best, but try these places:

Main Street Cafe
Bud Lake Bagel
Sub Shack

Sub Shack doesn't open until 10AM so if you wanted it for breakfast, it's not convenient.

Budd Lake Bagel is closed.

Dontgothere
Oct '22

For repairs or for good??

Stay away from Hot bagels abroad

Bug3
Oct '22

For a good pre-made check out the speedy mart on 517 in the plaza with Sonnys 2 pizza, Dalcours desserts, and wine country. They start making them at 5am and every hour put more in the little warmer doohickey.

Consigliere
Oct '22

Hot bagels abroad. Damn tasty

RJHawkins RJHawkins
Oct '22

I am assuming that you mean Taylor Ham, because pork roll is a generic term that could mean almost any kind of meat containing pork.

Re: Pork Roll, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich

To Mac and the other NJ folks debating Taylor Pork Roll vs Taylor Ham here’s the history….,

https://jerseyporkroll.com/pork-roll-history/

Local Gal Local Gal
Oct '22

As GC stated it is very subjective as to the best.

With that said, I have never tried one from Main Street Cafe. I always enjoy their food so I am now obligated to try one there! LOL

I was a Tony's Luncheonette faithful for a Taylor ham, egg and cheese. Now that he is retired I am like a ship without a rudder LOL.

TJS- I would gather for the repairs. Hopefully it won't be as long as the former Allamuchy General Store was closed after their truck mishap.

Just make it yourself.. save yourself $6

cheapskate
Oct '22

make it yourself at home.

Remi Martin Remi Martin
Oct '22

Budd Lake Bagel was hit by a car and is closed for repairs.

rbilly rbilly
Oct '22

Hot bagels abroad.
Up in Mt olive, ilike Mt olive baggles.

Mr. Joe Mr. Joe
Oct '22

I say Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese but you can always check this out next week to satisfy that craving..

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/phillipsburg/sections/food-and-drink/articles/national-pork-roll-day-announcement-pork-roll-palooza-returns-to-phillipsburg

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '22

The tranquility store or country corner store cafe in port Murray

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
Oct '22

Another vote for Hot Bagels Abroad!

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Oct '22

Ted Nykun had a roach coach and had delicious pork roll egg and cheese sandwiches. He ran out of ketchup once and it was the start of me enjoying mustard on my sandwich and how I order one. The best would be Humpty's on route 46 in Knowlton nj. It's worth the trip since they have over 80 flavors of milkshakes to go with your sandwich.

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Oct '22

Cozy corner deli by the hospital

Muheisen's Bagel
Washington NJ

The OP asked about in Htown, if you travel outside of it, ajms is right, Muheisens is the place to go.

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '22

Went to hot bagels abroad twice in my life got sick both times their bagels are horrendous. Again just my opinion or I got bad luck.

George
Oct '22

RDJ's (Shell Station) and Nykun's General Store. Both on Rt. 46 East in Independence.

Big Al Big Al
Oct '22

In Hackettstown and you want later in the day. I enjoy them from C & L on stiger street by liquor store and phone store.

Johnny
Oct '22

main street cafe . i was there yesterday taylor ham egg and cheese on a roll. you can't get any better.

notbillsplaceanymore notbillsplaceanymore
Oct '22

RDJ Gas station in Great Meadows believe it or not. Thick sliced good price.

Grinch Grinch
Oct '22

Try Cozy Corner Bagel & Deli on Willow Grove Street you won't be disappointed.

DebbieH DebbieH
Oct '22

Alfa Bagels in Randolph. Delicious.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '22

The one I make at home !!!

Patti Donaldson Patti Donaldson
Oct '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Pork Roll, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.