N.J. Rreal Driver's License

I have been getting my documents together to get my real ID. license. When I tried to schedule my appointment, many agencies, including Randolph, have no appointments available. How can this be enforced when appointments are so difficult to get? My license doesn't expire until February but I thought I'd get a jump on it. My understanding is it is mandatory that everyone have it by May 2023. If I'm unable to make an appointment before my current license expires, will I have to get it twice? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Sep '22

I just was on the NJMVA scheduling website and it has nearly 3,000 Real ID license renewal appointment dates/times available beginning tomorrow at noon at the Randolph MVA location.

https://telegov.njportal.com/njmvc/AppointmentWizard/11

It is not mandatory to have one to drive a vehicle. Just to board a domestic flight,

Longvalley Longvalley
Sep '22

I got mine in Randolph this summer. No problem getting appointment; however, even with appointment, I had an almost 2hr. wait for my number to be called from the waiting area!

Wonderful One Wonderful One
Sep '22

Meh. I'll use my passport as I currently do for air travel.

Nova, thank you so much for your post. I went to the link you provided and was successful. It was a different site that I was on yesterday which said "no appointments available". I appreciate you taking the time to give me that info.

Sep '22

almost no appointments right now - definitely not in Randolph - best to try early in the am?

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

Flemington DMV is another option and not really too much further than Randolph . Checking online you could get an appointment tomorrow . It looks like Randolph as well has appointments available .I believe the trick is to click on the link for license renewal with Real ID available(second link)in parenthesis . I would guess that is to cut down on overcrowding by having people get their Real IDs when their driver's license is due for renewal .

https://telegov.njportal.com/njmvc/AppointmentWizard/11/111

https://telegov.njportal.com/njmvc/AppointmentWizard

97XBAM 97XBAM
Sep '22

I was able to get 3 back to back Real ID appts in Flemington for the family in late June. Was really quick. No wait. I think our appts were for 8:30, 8:45 and 9:. They saw all 3 of us together regardless of appt time.

Neighborly
Sep '22

Thank you everyone for the information. I do appreciate your responses.

Sep '22

nothing now

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

I got my RealID at Randolph last year. I had to wake up at 2am and select the appointment when they were released by DMV- I had to do this in July for a September appointment.

malbrecht92
Sep '22

Just got 2 appointments in Flemington for nov 15....

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

Only need it for traveling on planes! It was not mandatory only if traveling in anything other then a car.

Outdoor Women Outdoor Women
Sep '22

Have until May 2023 before a Real ID (or Passport) will be required for flying.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Sep '22

Our photos are so many years out of date, I will be glad to have something that looks like me.

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

I got mine in august in flemington. Very easy process but this does not change you expiration date. My original one expired in April 2023 and so does my real ID. So I have to still renew it in April.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Sep '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: N.J. Rreal Driver's License
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.