Neutering male cat no wait time

Hi wanted to find out if someone can give me advice on finding a vet that doesn't have a two month turnaround time for neutering a male cat.
Every time I call a vet they say they have to see the the cat first then a series of shots this then and the other I really need to get him done before then for reasons quite obvious LOL.
Please let somebody know if there's some kind of spay neuter program or something where there's no wait time

AJMS neutering is not an emergency. Most vets won’t do that procedure for a house cat unless it’s had an exam, vaccinated for Rabies, tested for FIV/FeLV, etc. Make the appointment now. You could also be put on a waiting list so if they get a cancellation you could get in earlier.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '22

try no nonsense neutering in the Lehigh Valley

Had enough Had enough
Sep '22

Route 46 Mine Hill on the left after light by Canfield. Can't remember the name. Didn't require things before. This was years ago. Good luck.

DogDayAfternoon
Sep '22

Go to Pennsylvania. That’s where I get mine neutered and declawed

Little kitty
Sep '22

You should really get the shots and everything. The pre exams are not only to ensure the well being of the cat but yours and any other animal he might come into contact with. They want to make sure he's not going to react poorly to anesthesia too. (BEWARE feline urethral obstruction.) And request pain medication if they don't give it to you. He's a cat, he's not going to get addicted, it will save him pain, and you the trouble of dealing with an aggressive pet. I went online for the friends of animals certificate, then had my cat's shots and neutering done at Hackettstown animal hospital.

Summer Summer
Sep '22

I was going to suggest friends of animals, too. You pay up front, get a certificate, and go to a participating vet. Check out the website.
https://friendsofanimals.org/

Rayann Rayann
Sep '22

Just an FYI, FOA certs may put you further down the priority line as far as appointments go. If you’re not willing to pay the vet directly by using the cert, they don’t have to book you very quickly.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '22

are you for real ? wouldn't you want to do the right best thing for your pet. you should take the docs advice. do payments if thats an issue problem, sending your loved pet to a fast chop shop is like an underground joan rivers deal.. put your thinking cap on get some smarts

tangerine tangerine
Sep '22

I called Friends of Animals (FOA)(online), I paid $85 for spay certificate,$61 for neuter and Fredon Animal Hospital made appointment within a week because I had FOA certificate. I requested vaccinations and dewormer, extra cost. Also I requested ear tipping to show that the cat is fixed. These were rescued homeless kittens that went up for adoption. I'll be glad to answer any questions 908-850-6194 (Lori).

Lori Nagy Lori Nagy
Sep '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Neutering male cat no wait time
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.