Old Lukoil Mountain Ave

Anybody know what’s going in the old Lukoil next to Chase bank on Mountain Ave ?

Sweetpeav Sweetpeav
Aug '22

Nope, why, is there activity over there?

only one truth only one truth
Aug '22

They are drilling to check the soil of where the gas station used to be . Unsure what’s going in there . Maybe another quick chek or Dunkin’ Donuts hehehe

I noticed cones on the north side of the building kind of in a half crescent shape this morning. One can only hope chick fil a....

vigilantNeighbor
Sep '22

Never a chick fil a here...never. Probably is another dunkin donut

scotty scotty
Sep '22

That spot is nice but it is an impossible left turn during rush hour.

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Sep '22

Lukoil is a russian company so glad to see it go

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

They're building a shrine to the Lukoil CEO who took a header out a 6th floor window of a Moscow hospital yesterday..

ianimal ianimal
Sep '22

Holy crap... it's not just him either.... sounds like a game of global chess is being played...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62750584

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Sep '22

Yeah but the franchise owners were not all Russians and got penalized.

Very interesting book about the Russian oil business: "Blowout" by Rachel Maddow.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '22

I don't think most people think that Rachel Madow is an expert on the oil business..she is just part of the political propaganda machine that operates in both parties

Bug3
Sep '22

Lukoil stations are always overpriced, far more than any other gas station in an area. I remember employees once protested because the consistently high gas prices meant they could never compete.

We certainly don't need another gas station or chicken place right there, but I hope something beneficial to the town goes in.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Sep '22

"Blowout" was on the NY Times best seller list, described as well-written with fascinating and alarming stories about the impact of the gas & oil industry on the world today. It touches on the billions of dollars involved, the Russian corruption, and the destruction it has caused. Ms. Maddow did her research and provides, in this book, information that we should be aware of, and the many individuals behind the scenes in many countries, including our own. I did not read it for "political" reasons. I read it to become more informed.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '22

Bug3 please cite your sources for what most of us think.........

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

Suicide weekend?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '22

4catmom

Shes a talking head on msnbc
No different than tucker carlson on fox

They just blather on about politics and will say or do anything for ratings or attention

Bug3
Sep '22

We certainly don't need another gas station or chicken place right there, but I hope something beneficial to the town goes in.

I'd love me some Popeyes.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Sep '22

that source --your opinion -- I would suggest trying what Lonesome Dove did - research....

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '22

@4catmom,

Please, for your own sake, don't waste another moment of your time.

Anyone who literally thinks there is no difference between RM and TC, isn't someone to engage in a debate.

@Lonesome Dove,

You are making way too much sense and being far too reasonable for the likes of the individual you are responding to. I'm fairly certain that if you were to read all past posts from said person, you would recognize a disturbing pattern, and you would no longer engage. It's just not worth it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him/her 'think'.

Regardless, thanks for the heads up, I'll go check it (the book) out.

only one truth only one truth
Sep '22

Until March 8 2022 the US was importing 672 thousand barrels a day from Russia. Nor going to a LukOil was not and is not hurting Russia but the owner of the franchise.

I for one would like to see Chipotle go there.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Sep '22

The dirty little secret is imported oil is way way cheaper than domestic oil thus lowering gas prices

Bug3
Sep '22

Say wha? What pricing secret, prices are public, aren't they? And if furrin oil is WAY cheaper, how do we export any, much less often a net exporter? Stupid buyers?

And since we import more in 2021 and 22, how come not cheaper?

I agree: more research.

Babbit Babbit
Sep '22

Geez, I saw 22 comments and thought someone might actually have answered the question.

MB said: "Geez, I saw 22 comments and thought someone might actually have answered the question."

Me too. This site is ridiculous sometimes. Too much politics, and high signal-to-noise ratio .....

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Sep '22

A dental office.

ole' timer
Sep '22

there will be an application before the Land Use Board shortly and then it will be public record.

Jim L. Jim L.
Sep '22

you don't like another gas station or fast food joint?
how about another medical office? holy triangle - cars, food, doctors...

Now if someone would pick the absolute worse place to put a chick- fil -a..wher would that be?

Bug3
Sep '22

If the underground tanks there were leaking that makes it another polluted brownfield site . So I wouldn't hold my breath about any business going in to that tiny business site .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Sep '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Old Lukoil Mountain Ave
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.