Morrison field track use

Hello, just a general inquiry, but I'm looking to use the track they have at Morrison field, I'm not sure whether or not it's open to the public, if so I'd love to be able to use it for workouts. Anybody know if it's possible I could use it for personal use? Most towns tracks are generally open to the public.

That belongs to the Board of Education. Call the high school or the Board of Ed office. I gather it is a hard no.

However, Riverfront Park has a nice track for public use.

Morrison track is not open the public. It’s School property and they don’t let the public use it

Jim L Jim L
Jun '22

They had no qualms about letting the public PAY for it though, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '22

nope, and the public is paying for it again. It's getting replaced this summer.

Jim L Jim L
Jun '22

These would have been the argued points. Serous maintenance costs and limited use. But unfortunately it went to a no bid contract.

Steve Steve
Jun '22

Yikes, can't wait to see the cost of that!

Richie
Jun '22

Steve
Limited use?
Morrison Field has been used for so many events over the years and to this day
Wonderful Facility!

ChiliDog ChiliDog
Jun '22

What is being redone specifically? The track or the turf...both?

Alla
Jun '22

You can only pay for it...not use it.

theCoach theCoach
Jun '22

I don't know any area high school that has their turf and/or track open to the public. They are all fenced in.

Otheroptions
Jun '22

Some area high schools maybe fenced in but are open to public dawn to dust.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '22

My former high school would allow area residents to use the track whenever there were no school sporting events taking place. Maybe they’re afraid of the liability at this field?

Consigliere
Jun '22

Otheroptions

Mount Olive does

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '22

The track in Evergreen Park - next left after Tranq farm........

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '22

Why not let the public have access? Hmmm, let's think about that one a bit...

https://patch.com/new-jersey/holmdel-hazlet/what-caused-nj-superintendent-allegedly-poop-track

ianimal ianimal
Jun '22

My old high school it was allowed dawn to dusk. Not sure about today.

Steve Steve
Jun '22

Same here. Former HS always open to the public & it was a great option. HHS needs a revamp to entrance & bleachers. After visiting other schools, ours looks rather sad.

Feeling good Feeling good
Jun '22

Please if they do that can imagine our taxes? As it is the football program and sports eat up a lot of the school budget.

Steve Steve
Jun '22

Alla......Heard on WRNJ this morning that the school has put in their budget $600,000 for the replacement of the turf and $350,000 for the track, for a total of $950,000

Richie
Jun '22

Can't wait to watch the all the quality football games played on that field again. The fact the track can't be used by the tax payers that paid for it is a joke, and a clear example of the corrupt good ol boy system which is the BOE.

Steve Steve
Jun '22

I imagine the no public use policy is driven in part by insurance liability.

As far as tax dollars educators also paid by our tax dollars appear to be deciding what curriculum or agenda they want to indoctrinate or "teach" our children. What's the difference? It seems the public at large has little to say about the decisions.

With that said I wonder if there is a legal disclaimer sign at Riverfront park for the variety of exercise stations there. Or is it simply implied use at own risk?

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Morrison field track use
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.