Possible homeless man

Today I saw a man with a beard and a shopping cart sitting on a bench on Stiger street across from quick chek. Does anyone know anything about him or if there is a way to help him.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jun '22

What makes you think he is homeless?

The beard or the shopping cart?
Without talking to him its kinda silly to assume anything

Bug3
Jun '22

............because for 50 years if you asked the average person to draw a homeless man most would draw a person with beard with a shopping cart full of stuff. Probably would draw a ragged long coat on them as well. Same holds true for TV and movies. Homeless have been depicted in this manner forever. So it is not "silly" to ask like Pumpkin43 did above.

danny zucko danny zucko
Jun '22

I have seen him to for about a year now around town definitely homeless, very sad

Funcats
Jun '22

I saw him there about 6:30PM as well. I have seen him around town in the past too. He most definitely looks to be unaffiliated with a permanent address. The winter coat, shopping cart loaded with all sorts of stuff, long scruffy hair and beard etc. As Danny Zucko stated he is the exact figure one would conjure up when asked to describe a person such as him. I guess it is possible he is someone conducting some sort of social experiment but I highly doubt it.

I guess the best way to find out if he requires anything would have been to stop and ask him.

He has been around for years. He comes back when weather warms up. I've seen the police try to get him to seek help at a shelter or hospital. He comes back regardless. It's his choice to live this way. Let him be

Justpassinthru
Jun '22

Bug 3, if you saw him you would think the same, I was just concerned for his well being. and just passinthru, again just concerned for his well being, I wasn't planning to sneak attack on the guy or anything. My fault for being a caring person I guess. Thank you to the others for the information, I'm glad the police are aware of him and keep can an eye on him.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jun '22

There are plenty of jobs out there for the homeless, so I wouldn’t feel too bad for them. On the same token they shouldn’t be a burden to society like in California and NYC, polluting the streets and adding no value to anyone around them.

Not today Not today
Jun '22

Wow, 'Not Today', that's pretty crappy thinking. You have no idea about if he has a job - He can and still be homeless. You don't know his mental capacity or issues. You just assume he has no job or someone will hire him if his appearance or if he is homeless could be held against him. 'Polluting' streets and 'no value'? Wow. You sound like a horrible human being. He probably has more value than your terrible post.

DogDayAfternoon
Jun '22

wow, way to have a heart, none of us truly know his situation so calling him or anyone a burden is a bit rough. Just my opinion.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jun '22

Wow Not Today!!!! What a nice person you are!!!! NOT !!!!!!!

Havaclue17 Havaclue17
Jun '22

In such an unkind world spread kindness

I have talked to him, and he fully understands his situation. Doesn't care, and chooses his life style. Not today is a bit harsh. But I don't think anyone on here will take him home and give him a place to stay. Or a meal at their table either.
As long as he's not urinating or shooting up in public. Nothing to see here.

Justpassinthru
Jun '22

I would certainly offer him a meal in my home as long as he is not a threat to my family and that goes for anyone I meet. Maybe I am a sucker, but I believe in kindness and helping those that are in need of help. If he is content with the way things are, then that is his decision to be respected.

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Jun '22

I’m thinking, what about offering him a sandwich or a take-out container of home made food. Does anyone know if he needs food or would appreciate this gesture?

emerald
Jun '22

Pumpkin 43.

I'd ONLY offer him a meal as a take-out where he hangs out. Don't trust, I wouldn't invite him into your home!! He can have "upstairs" issues and then constantly be around and possibly harass and cause problems for you!!

MansfieldVillager MansfieldVillager
Jun '22

Honestly Emerald, what would that do? Feed him for one meal? Then what?
Teach a man to fish…

I may not be as cold as NotToday but he’s/she’s not entirely wrong.

Consigliere
Jun '22

Again, what value is this person adding by sitting on a side walk all day long looking and smelling like garbage? Be a productive member of society and stop leaching off of everyone else. If he has mental issues he should be at a government facility getting treatment. Otherwise, someone with mental issues can pose a risk to others as they could lash out at any time and become unstable. I wouldn’t want my children or family members around someone like that. The reality is, the majority of homeless people choose that life style and resort to drugs and criminal acts. Anyone in a dire financial situation would work several jobs (part time or full time) to better themselves and stay afloat. Especially now, there’s no excuses for not working with many entry level / low skilled roles paying decent wages.

Not today Not today
Jun '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic is unavailable for comments.