Hot Dogs in Hackettstown (or Long Valley)

Maybe you know where in Hackettstown (or Long Valley) I can pick up a Cooked Hot Dog with the trimmings tomorrow before i stop by someone's house.

Does WaWa or Quick Check sell this? Or any fast-food place? Or another convenience store?

I would appreciate any help of knowledge on this. Thank you!!

Hackresident Hackresident
May '22

I believe the answer is yes to both WaWa and Quick Chek. But also Sub Shack, C&L, and I believe Main Street Cafe have them on their kid's menu.

Personally Sub Shack would be my choice as long as they're open on the holiday.

I have gotten a hot dog at Wawa's in the past. It was in a grab and go warmer. I do not believe that there were any trimmings other than mustard or ketchup.

Big Al Big Al
May '22

I would also recommend the Sub Shack.
To bad you don’t have the time.
Chester Meat Market’s dogs are legendary.

Stymie Stymie
May '22

I'll try Sub Shak's. Where exactly is Chester Meat Market---which strip mall (or on Main Street?).

Where is C&L in Hackettstown, i never heard of that.

Thank you,

May '22

Chester Meat Market-Rte 24- strip mall on right just before Rte 206 intersection.

Stymie Stymie
May '22

C&l is closed until tomorrow. I called yesterday to order something and got a recording.
Stieger st across from ShopRite liquors.

Not sure if Hot Dog Johnny’s is open today, but they can make one for you. Trimmings are limited-do not ask for kraut or chili. Lol

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '22

Davys on howard blvd

Scott Scott
May '22

Willys Wieners on 57 opens at 1130

Walker Walker
May '22

Humpys Jr on Rt46

I think Willy's is closed. Passed there a few days ago and it was deserted.

Big Al Big Al
May '22

This is in today's Daily Record. Hot Dog Johnnie's is # 1, but that's way out of my way.

https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/06/28/nj-best-hot-dogs-near-me/7620529002/

May '22

Sub Shack is closed today… their hot dogs are over sized Thumann dogs…

The hackettstown fire department was giving free hotdogs

Bug3
May '22

Bug3: When was this, today?

May '22

It was today

From facebook

Just a friendly reminder tomorrow is the Memorial Day Parade we will see you all at 10 Am! It’s going to be a Beautiful Day out so after the Parade feel Free to stop by the Moore St Firehouse so you can see our Trucks and stop by for a Free Hotdog and say Hello. Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day and we hope to see you all tomorrow.

Bug3
May '22

I think Johnnies is a great trip back in time to family-owned roadside stands on the side of the road with picnic tables and swings for the kids. But hot dog wise, it's an acquired taste and not for all. And yes, be careful about custom dog grooming; they can get touchy about change :>)

I have never heard HDJ being in the top ten, it's as much about the experience as it is the dog. Although I do feel they have the best fries in NJ and often you must wait unless you want to burn everything down to your.......well, you get it, very hot.

They will let you sample the buttermilk, whoever thought butter when naming it?

And yes, draft root beer in a frosted mug --- priceless.

I hope Pat and company have a great season. I will be there soon.

But check the website. HDJ covid masks! sweat pants with Johnny's on the front and a huge BUTTZVILLE on the seat. Great gift selection for an authentic part of American history.

Recommendation: think about it before eating in car. May smell like Johnny's for a month......those onions. Might want to lean against outside of vehicle with windows closed. Although I have eaten there, driven to Belvidere, entered a store 30 minutes after Johnny's to hear: "oh, how was Johnny's today?"

Babit Babit
May '22

Just went on their website and surprised to see a 60th anniversary mug. “1944-2004.” They must have bought a trailer load back then and still have old stock. Two more years will be the 80th!

Consigliere
May '22

If you’re headed to the Clinton area, check out Designer Dawgs on Main St. over 30 different hot dog combos. My favorites are the Mac and cheese Dawg, the Cuban dawg, and the famous Italian dawg on pizza bread!

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
May '22

The hot dog as Sub Shak was excellent. I Highly recommend it....Maybe be as good as or better than Nathan's Hot Dogs!

Jun '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Hot Dogs in Hackettstown (or Long Valley)
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.