Cat Litter: Clumping vs Non-Clumping

OK, time to vote
Clumping or non-clumping
Which one is better? Ty

Depends……

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

Clumping … I used clay for years and switched 2 years ago … I feel like an idiot I did not switch sooner… note… I have 3 cats

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
1 week ago

By far I choose clumping for my two. Scoop Away.

I choose clumping also. It’s definitely not dust free, as it claims!

Barbara Barbara
1 week ago

definitely clumping

Clumping. Dr Elsey's.

Clumping for sure!

Catmomma Catmomma
1 week ago

If you want dust free try Dr Elsey's

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
1 week ago

I think arm and hammer cloud control is really good - no dust - clumps etc--- but I have a big fat cat with big fat paws that pick up everything - so I just switched to World's Best Cat Litter Low Tracking & Dust Control---and so far it's not sticking to his feet-

4catmom 4catmom
1 week ago

I am a Feline Pine fan :).. I'm sorry, my kitties decide. LOL.
Lasts the longest for us.

As a professional cat sitter, I cringe when I see non-clumping cat litter! It's impossible to clean the urine thoroughly, the sides of the boxes are usually wet, and most people just dump the whole thing weekly (or whenever it's too gross). The ammonia smell is overwhelming. Clumping litter (or non-clay litter), scooped EVERY day & the correct number of boxes means your cats will be healthier and your house won't smell.

I use Petco's refillable litter, clumping, on three of mine. The fourth one must have Dr Elsely's Cat Attract which is also clumping. In my case I have to use the Cat Attract sprinkles sold separately :(
He was a problem cat due to a rough upbringing. I thought I'd just have to accept his litter box avoidance. Dr Elsely's was a last resort and it worked...still is.

Nutcracker Nutcracker
1 week ago

I use lightweight clumping cat litter

NJMetMan NJMetMan
1 week ago

does anyone have a link for a nice metal litter scoop?
I know it sounds silly, but I like the metal scoops better for the job

AJMS
attaching the link for the metal scoop I use. It literally lasts forever and is super easy to clean (it’s nonstick!) I will never use another kind again!

IPRIMIO Cat Litter Scooper with Deep Shovel - Non Stick Plated Aluminum Scoop - Designed by Cat Owners - Patented Sifter with Holder - Super Solid Handle - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BFOHQEC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KRE0H1YSYQQZSAZGJA1Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Clumping for sure. Easier to scoop and seems to help with the smell (somewhat)

Another Dr.Elsey's fan. Started using it when Jim at Hackettstown Pet recommended the Respiratory Relief kind when my cat was diagnosed with asthma.

Lynnada Lynnada
1 week ago

Clumping- less dust is better for your kitty

Pretzels Pretzels
5 days ago

Clumping - World's best cat litter - excellent - made from ground corn and husks.. works great!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Cat Litter: Clumping vs Non-Clumping
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.