Zipper repair?

There was an older thread from 2018, but commenting is now closed.

The zipper broke on my ski jacket. It's still attached, but it will no longer "connect the links" so to speak. The links on both sides appear to be fine and undamaged. The jacket is still in brand new condition, so I hate to just toss it. The previous thread recommended Agostino shoe repair next to James on Main. I went there today but they were closed. They have a drop-box for shoes, but no way my coat will fit. So I'm hoping for some additional recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Jan '22

I had a zipper fixed at the Cleaners on Rt 57, next to Walgreens, across from Shop Rite. They did a good job.

The Laundry Basket on Stiger Street send clothing out for repairs. I've only heard good things. Might be pricey and you won't know right away. They send it out, then call you with a price.

Possability Possability
Jan '22

Howard Cleaners Rt. 46 Ledgewood. Best dry cleaner ever. All repairs alterations done in house.

Steve Steve
Jan '22

how much is a jacket/coat zipper replacement?

Rago in Morristown

RagoIsTheBest
Jan '22

Depending on the material of the zipper and length it will vary. I've paid somewhere around $30

Steve Steve
Jan '22

Just noticed it today while snow blowing but the bottom male part of the zipper (ripped away from the jacket. About a quarter inch but enough to disconnect the bottom zipper connection and make the zipper come undone from the bottom. I’m guessing it could be sewed but it’s a shell so I’m wondering if there’s something special that needs to be done. Friggin thing was $400 when I bought it. About 4 years old. I’ll try that place on 57 and report back.

Also, Morristown? I’m sure OP was looking for a place in or around town lol

Consigliere
Jan '22

Possibly Katarina's at 116 Plane St. Katarina's is a Florist who employs a person who does alterations. I don't know about zippers, but it's worth a call: (908) 850-4855.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jan '22

Washington Shoe & Leather Repair on Broad Street. He does very good work.

emerald
Jan '22

Agree with “Love My Cleaners” on Rt 57. I’ve used them for zipper repairs, gown alterations, etc., They’re very nice and very good at what they do. Price is always reasonable.

Green Trees Green Trees
Jan '22

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I ended up stopping at My Love Cleaners next to Walgreens yesterday since it's on my way home from work. The lady wasn't sure if the zipper pull needed to be replaced, or the entire one side with the "teeth". The cost for replacing the zipper pull is $15 and $40 if the entire side needs to be replaced.

I'll post again after the work is done to let you know how I made out.

Thanks again,

Rob

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Feb '22

OK cool - they replaced my husband's zipper in a pair of shorts for $15 and they did a good job.

The cleaners next to walgreens is excellent.

Curious resident Curious resident
Feb '22

Looking for someone who does alterations/hems. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

mamadone mamadone
Dec '22

Dry cleaners on 57 across from Mansfield Shop Rite

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Zipper repair?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.