Experience With NY Times Delivery?

Quite a few years ago, when we still lived in Maplewood, I dropped home delivery of the NY Times. This was due to several factors, but primarily because of increasingly unreliable delivery. I have been an online subscriber since, but recently have been thinking I'd enjoy having the real thing again on the weekends. It appears on the NY Times website that weekend home delivery is available in Hackettstown, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with it? If so, is it pretty reliable?

Thanks.

Monty Monty
Jan '22

It all depends on who the carrier is

Bug3
Jan '22

Had it for years now...been through at least two different delivery teams. Occasional issues but no one problem that may continue. Also if there is an issue, you normally get an email early in the AM advising you of same. Recommend you go for it...nothing beats the feel of a real newspaper...and the Sunday inserts arrive with the Saturday paper so you can start the Sunday Times, a day earlier....
good luck...

New2this New2this
Jan '22

"...and the Sunday inserts arrive with the Saturday paper so you can start the Sunday Times, a day earlier..."

Yeah, I remember this.
Thanks for the info.

Monty Monty
Jan '22

You will get some sticker shock...NY times is about $5 an issue delivered

Bug3
Jan '22

The Warren County Library offers the NYT digital edition free as well as the Express Times .

https://www.warrenlib.org/content/e-books-more

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '22

Too bad it's news is not so reliable it used to be. Just as opinionated or biased as any other media company.

Was great for finding a Job ...before the internet.

Have been receiving the NYT daily for several years without incident...my carrier is located in Dover.
Best of luck.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Jan '22

I had the NYT's delivered 7 days a week to my home in Allamuchy. During that time I had some delivery issues during major snow events. There were several times of late delivery and a few times a year when there was no delivery at all. In all cases the NYT's gave me a credit.

Jono
Jan '22

@bug3: Yes, I agree it's pricey.

@Jono: Thanks for sharing your experience. Of course I understand if the paper is late or missing every once in awhile, most especially during harsh weather. For years my experience was the same as you describe. The delivery problems that pushed me to online-only had become chronic and inexcusable.

This morning I made the switch to weekend delivery. Looking forward to it....

Monty Monty
Jan '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Experience With NY Times Delivery?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.