wawa gas issues?

Looking for anyone who has had problems with gas in the past few days from the wawa on mountain ave.

I did. it seems to be $1.50 per gallon overpriced....LOL

What happened to you?

abc123
Jan '22

I just got some yesterday, so far so good..

Sherry Sherry
Jan '22

What sort of problem did you see?

Consigliere
Jan '22

I would think that instead of the gas being a problem I would suspect condensation in the gas tank. Or possibly a fuel filter issue if your tank was all the way empty as that sucks up the layer of sediment on the bottom of your tank. I would think a can of dry gas for the first issue or fuel system additive for cleaning the fuel system for the second issue. It is very rare for any reputable station with high volume to have an issue with the quality of the gas that would affect the running of the car as long as you get the right octane level for your car.

Rough running after a fill up. Think it might have been condensation, but just checking.

could be water.
also, check tank cap and make sure it's screwed well, or replace it, if it's old or rubber seal is stiff, flat or broken (or missing!!!) - in "newer" cars that may contribute to rough idle and, even, error codes (like evap system).
Similar thing happened to me, but it wasn't at Wawa - filled with gas, drove 1/2 mile, engine stalled.
next day mechanic didn't find any fault at all and the car started. Later, a cop told me that there were numerous stalled vehicles in that area. Gas station denied everything.
Either go to court or drive away.

A loose or leaking gas cap will not result in a rough idle. It can and usually will trip a check engine light for an evaporative system leak, though.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Jan '22

Could be that spicy sub you ate :)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: wawa gas issues?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.