2022 M&M Car Show

Any information on the M&M Car Show happening in 2022?

MissingDiMieosPizza MissingDiMieosPizza
Dec '21

The Hackettstown Rotary presents the Memorial Motor Madness show. I don't see anything on their website yet for 2022.I still see last year's regret notice however. I'd follow it or email them and ask.

https://www.hackettstownrotary.org/

Hi is there going to be a car show at the M&M building for 2022?

Paul Miterko Paul Miterko
Feb '22

Unless Mars agrees to let the Rotary use the property in light of the on going pandemic restrictions- then all bets are off.

Rotary explored having Memorial Motor Madness at an alternate location last year but was not able to come up with a plan.

My guess is they need some sort of commitment for Mars real soon or they won’t be able to have it there.

Nothing at all on the Rotary website about the car show either.

Mars seems to have the event held hostage until another location with suitable space- facilities and parking can be found.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Feb '22

Hoping they have the show this year. Canceling again for Covid would be ridiculous in my opinion. I’ve watched an entire season’s worth of football with 80,000 maskless people sitting shoulder to shoulder. Walking around outdoors looking at cars should be perfectly acceptable in 2022.

Consigliere
Feb '22

It does not look good. This is the email response I got last week from the Rotary:

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your question! We haven't received an official answer from MARS regarding the car show; however, since it's already February and the event is typically held in May, I would say it certainly doesn't seem likely at this point. The Rotary Club is still exploring options for possible alternative locations and dates, so feel free to check back in as we get further into spring and I can give you any updates that might be available!

Thanks,
Rachel Burt, Club Secretary

There are not too many sites around that could handle the show cars and food vendors as well as the spectator parking. The only obvious choice to me would be the Concert field at Waterloo. However, I doubt highly the state will donate the use of the site as I assume Mars did. I am not sure of the business model the Rotary has for the show regarding paying for an event space.

How about this idea I offered to the rotary last year- it would involve the BID also.

Close off the entirety of Main St- 5 corners to Dollar Store. Have cars park perpendicular to the sidewalk. Should be able to fit several hundred that way. It is Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend- so most businesses won’t be open. Those that are may get some new eyeballs/business to them. A win win.

Park people at the college- Lowe’s- or the side streets or High School- people will find a way.

Vendors or food trucks would fit in also on the side streets.

What do you think BID/Rotary? We know you read this forum.

Feb '22

that would be a logistical nightmare. Police needed for traffic control, how would you get spectators to pay? you would need entrances at every intersection colleting entry fee. It's not like a street fair or parade which are free to the public.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '22

What about Island Dragway?

Bug3
Feb '22

Mars has always been a great community sponsor and having no response at this point is just ignoring the Rotary's request. IMHO.

Cops and Rodders puts on an excellent show in August so way not approach Lowe's/Wendy's for a second show in May? Who would that be hurting....unless they have an agreement with CNR. If so, go to Home Depot and ask as they have plenty of room.
Having a big car show benefits everyone in the community and those around it.

Sad to see Mars ignore & lose it as it was always a fantastic time. Maybe someone at Mars can read this and at least respond to the Rotary instead of leaving them just hanging.

Feb '22

Mars is too busy worrying about cartoon m&ms being too sexy.

Philliesman Philliesman
Feb '22

I am sure it means nothing but I have emailed their customer service asking the powers that be within Mars/Wrigley to reach out and give the club an answer. I am sure it will fall on deaf ears but at least something was tried. Looking forward to the canned response.

Very Sad to see this wonderful show become another victim of the pandemic.

Feb '22

Did I miss something? I thought the covid restrictions on outdoor gatherings were LONG over. Why would they cite restrictions as the reason the show can’t go on?

Ask Hershey to sponsor it somewhere like the high school, and Mars will come back pretty darn quick!

Justpassinthru
Feb '22

Just heard the car show is on for this year. Sunday of Memorial Day weekend as always. Hope everyone can attend. Great show.

Doc South was just booked to dj it at M&M mars this year

Sandy Tomlinson
Feb '22

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Sign me up!!!!!!

Feb '22

Hurray

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Feb '22

Good to hear. At least this tradition has not been canceled! Also, the Rotary can continue to do the good work they do with the proceeds from this event.

Hooray! Thank you, M&M.

Wonderful One Wonderful One
Feb '22

Hi what day will car show be held on thank you.

Paul Miterko Paul Miterko
Feb '22

Traditionally the show is held on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, which this year is May 29th.

I still have not seen anything official on the Rotary website about it.

Hopefully it is true.

Feb '22

It's always Sunday the day prior to Memorial day. May 29th this year.

My husband and I miss going. What about Rockaway Mall,? They never fill thier parking lots any more.

Tracy L Holt Tracy L Holt
Feb '22

We have Website!!!

https://www.hackettstownrotary.org/

(hehehe "Type Caption Here")

At least the Wheels of MM are rolling again!!!!

Feb '22

I might have missed it, but is the M&M Spring festival going to happen this year? TIA

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Mar '22

The spring festival held on the fields near Hatchery Hill School is not taking place this year.
From the BID website:

Spring Festival Update

After much thought and careful consideration, we have decided to cancel this year’s Spring Festival, originally scheduled for May 6th – May 8th.

The Spring Festival is made up of many moving parts, with most reservations and arrangements being made several months in advance. On the heels of two years of a pandemic, critical pieces of the event were not able to come together in time for the BID to adequately present this time-honored event that so many look forward to.

Understandably, this is disappointing news for many. We appreciate our loyal Spring Festival attendees and we hope to see you at a new, family-friendly event to be held on May 14th in the Hackettstown BID district. This new event will incorporate the BID’s Maifest – a popular event that has been growing each year. Be on the lookout for more information.

As we adjust our schedules yet again during this unusual time, thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing everyone in person again soon!

Car show at mars this Sunday, 29th. Weather looks good. Who is going?

I’ll be there Eli. Last time I went all the European exotics were gone by noon/1pm so if that’s your bag, get there early. For every 25 ‘57 chevys there is one Ferrari or air-cooled 911.

Consigliere
May '22

What time does the show start?

May '22

I usually get there by 10:00AM. Cars arrive by 8:00AM with some coming throughout the morning.

The fliers do not seem to state an opening time just the date.

Hello I am interested in entering my car in the show this Sunday. I have a 2014 Camaro SS with custom modifications. I live in Independence Twp.

Christopher Hamilton Christopher Hamilton
May '22

Gates open at 7:30. Get there early. Expecting huge crowd

Weather is perfect…

May '22

Best car there in my opinion was the 1974 McLaren homologation street car. The guy was from Long Valley and was super nice. He actually tracks the car and drives it like it’s meant. Saw 2 cobras that I assumed were kits but the both had 427s and nicely done. A ford GT40 pulled in around noon but I didn’t get a chance to speak to the owner. I’m assuming it too was a kit because I’m sure the real ones are worth to much to drive.

Consigliere
May '22

I liked the McLaren as well. I checked out the GT40 too. It appeared to be legit however I didn't do my typical forensic inspection. I should add I conduct high end collector and exotic car inspections for a national company. I do a few a month. I don't subscribe to the too expensive to drive format. While lots of folks do, I say ride them if you got them!. I inspected a Ferrari 488 Spyder a few weeks back and believe me I drove it like I stole it. I always do when conducting my test drives! Most of the exotics I inspect are driven. I did a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series and the owner was pleased to have me rip around a bit. With a price tag of $450,000 I will say I was a little intimidated.

Nice crowd today and some really nice cars.

Interesting work you do, Greg. I’m available if you ever need a co-pilot :-)

And I agree about the too expensive to drive but I’m assuming a real GT40 would be multiple millions of dollars. Not that people don’t drive Paganis and F40s though I guess.

Consigliere
May '22

Homologation? is that like "gaydar"? (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '22

It's funny you said that as the guys I were with said the same thing. While the owner may drive it, if legit, it certainly would not be to a local show in Podunk Hackettstown! LOL.

I have trained a buddy of mine as a co-pilot of sorts on these inspections. I have been judging cars since I was in my 20's taught by some masters. That with my long deep, love of the hobby and continuing education allows me a sliver of knowledge to pass as an expert of sorts. He may get demoted as he didn't want to go on a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado convertible inspection recently. Not "cool" enough he said. LOL Damn thing drove better than my new Caddy...

I believe the GT40 was a kit replica. There was a plate in the engine bay that I recall had an Ohio address. Looking online I see a company called Arden cars that does make replicas.

Hopefully somebody who knows for sure can chime in. I loved seeing it as you don’t believe how low and wide it is until it is right next to you.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
May '22

Arden sounds familiar for some reason. I wish I took a closer look at it. It is such a spectacular vehicle for sure. I was so distracted as my friend was in convulsions looking at the green Superbird....LOL

I love all Road Runners and the Superbird is obviously the Holy Grail... Limelight green?

ianimal ianimal
May '22

Yes it was. I will say it was spectacular in the bright sun. I always liked Mopar and their impact colors they offered during the peak of the muscle car era.

Re: 2022 M&M Car Show

If these were the Cobras (see photo) they are owned by the father and and son owners of the Jeep dealer in Far Hills (Team Welsh).

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '22

It was a great show! Glad to see it back.

Lots of interesting cars and always great people!

Be sure to drop a note to the Hackettstown Rotary Club letting them know what a great job they did as well for the sponsors!

Looking forward to 2023!!

May '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: 2022 M&M Car Show
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.