Pull on pants

My mom is in her 80s. She wears elastic waist pull on pants. They are either 100 percent cotton or 97. I think they must be extinct. Does anyone know where I can get her new ones? I have searched stores and the internet. All I am finding is knit pants, polyester, skin tight leggings, flared legs, capris, way too baggy, etc. The only pair I have seen that look decent are from LL Bean. She said no way is she paying $50 for pants and forbidden me to buy them for her.

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Dec '21

Try Googling "elastic waist cotton pants for woman or try elderly woman". When I did it there were many various sites and reasonably priced.

luvlife
Dec '21

Also in plus sizes:

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-starfish-mid-rise-straight-leg-elastic-waist-pull-on-pants/id_219545?attributes=8063,44102,44256,44967

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '21

Check out Ebay...

joyful joyful
Dec '21

Did you try Walmart or kohl’s?

Try Boscovs my Mom buys her pull on pants there

Mom of 1
Dec '21

Not sure, but try Blair, on-line.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Dec '21

Alfred Dunner was the first brand that popped in my head. I know JcPenney always carried them.

Molly
Dec '21

Just thought about Blair...almost all of their slacks are pull-on

joyful joyful
Dec '21

Land's End carries them as well.

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-sport-knit-high-rise-elastic-waist-pull-on-pants/id_106981?attributes=44967,8063&source=GS&currency=USD&geo=US&skumv=1664183&promotion-code=PRIME&promotion-pin=0&cm_mmc=139971612&SC=pla_brand&CMPGN=11304131247&ADGRP=113761302391&KYW=&MT=&DV=c&PID=1664183&TRGT=pla-384312894941&gclid=CjwKCAiAtouOBhA6EiwA2nLKH4phkpR7RspeaekalD3GLjnTmME_Y7LuOA8S0ia7x7QHWwh7ZGOu8BoC0JMQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAiAtouOBhA6EiwA2nLKH4phkpR7RspeaekalD3GLjnTmME_Y7LuOA8S0ia7x7QHWwh7ZGOu8BoC0JMQAvD_BwE&CH=Google%20AdWords&_cclid=Google_CjwKCAiAtouOBhA6EiwA2nLKH4phkpR7RspeaekalD3GLjnTmME_Y7LuOA8S0ia7x7QHWwh7ZGOu8BoC0JMQAvD_BwE

Leggings are a good choice. They are the rage amongst women today. Comfortable and pull on.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Dec '21

Re: Pull on pants

Get my 90 yr old Mothers pull on at ll bean..very durable. Also Walmart good place to check and lands end good suggestion.

Golden rule Golden rule
Dec '21

Thank you all for responding. I think Boscovs may be the best bet. I haven't been there in quite some time. Plus I'll get to see them before buying.

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Dec '21

For my mom I bought her leggings from Chico. They were cotton and had a wide waistband. She was very petite and small sized but I got her a larger size so they wouldn’t be skin tight. The look was really nice and they looked like well fitting slacks.

Good days Good days
Dec '21

QVC own brand - Denim and Co. - has many types of pull-on elastic waist pants - some w/ pockets on side,etc. plus different sizes from XXS - 5X in different heights - petite, regular and tall. Some knit/some cotton blends, etc. Ship right to you to try on - ship back what you don't want.

SS2cats SS2cats
Dec '21

Hi, absolutely know the best company with the best pricing.

https://www.womanwithin.com/products/elastic-waist-cotton-straight-leg-pant-with-flannel-lining/1043309.html?dwvar_1043309_color=4315844

Many others on their site.

Woman Within- takes about 2 weeks to get items but they LAST.
Can't beat their $$ and value.
I use them for active wear duties (not shopping but chores) and they wear and WASH fantastically!

Hope this helps :)

To ajms - I just checked out woman within. I sent them an email because the pants my mom wants to try are supposed to be part of their warehouse sale, $8.99. when we looked at the pants it shows $8.99 to $29.99. I clicked on every size and color and they all come up as $29.99. besides this possible glitch the site looks promising. Thank you.

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Dec '21

I think i saw that Marshall's had some of them on sale.

Hackresident Hackresident
Dec '21

I agree re: Woman Within - my grandmother shopped using their mail order catalog 20 years ago and my mom, now in her 80’s, orders via their website today. Good quality and nice variety.

Friend Friend
Dec '21

I second Boscovs. After looking absolutely everywhere I went there. Inexpensive and wide variety

PVMom3 PVMom3
Jan '22

You can check out Poshmark or other reselling websites.

Curious Commuter
Jan '22

Have taken care of 2 grandmother's and one grandfather finding things like elastic waists and Velcro shoes can be hard - try this old timey catalogs website - it helped me more then once and prices are very fair!

https://m.drleonards.com/index.cfm?key=1SCPA119&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiA5t-OBhByEiwAhR-hm3LwGZAc2egthgY7zFElcTne-gS9lUjNSzFNdQ9c4-4QW4BIqqxVRhoCY4EQAvD_BwE

ARagamuffin ARagamuffin
Jan '22

Land's End as mentioned works the best.

Try Amazon. I've gotten a few clothing items for myself and hubby, and they were surprisingly nice. Read the reviews.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jan '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Pull on pants
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.